Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? (20156 Views)

Is ASUU Still Gonna Strike Today? / Good Evening People, Pls When Is ASUU Meeting Holding??? / Is ASUU Really Fighting For Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

Oya enter classroom teach yourself now, as they shouldn't pay more than 50k. When we check now your type doesn't go to class, has never had an A in his life, and spends the whole time chasing nonsense all over campus like that queen hoe that only talks about sex like a nympho

Lecturers do nothing but all the international recognition students from here get when they go to do their masters and PhD, na from your papa house Dem get am abi? Not from the same lecturers? Gtfoh bro

you will just tire for the way many of these folks reason... but who blames them though...many got admitted through man know man...you are expecting your lecturer to begin explaining line by line to you........after claiming you scored your over 250 by yourself in jamb....?

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

The only thing buhari recognizes is the stairs leading to the presidential jet. It does not matter where the jet is going.
He recently jetted out to deliver lecture on security when abuja is under terrorist attack.

You think that's funny.

Few weeks after ASUU declared their stupid strike. He traveled outside the country and donated money to a particular country like that to fund their education system
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
oloyedewaris:

Sorry to say, you're daft for defending these lecturers

Lecturers that does nothing, in my dept in OAU

Our lecturers starts work 5/6 weeks after resumption
In fact, in the whole of 12 weeks of a semester, they only come around 4/5 times, and by then, they will just be saying rubbish and giving you some material without understanding

What's the essence of being a professor if you can't impact knowledge on students

In fact they shouldnt be payed anything more than 50k cos they are doing nothing

Auskyd and his fellow Buffon's will not see this one.

Most of those professors barely do any work. They shift majority of the workloads to their assistant lecturers while they do go about gossiping in the faculty

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
oloyedewaris:

Why are you angry, I am a computer science student and I can boldly tell you that all my lecturers knows nothing, keeping themselves with outdated syllabus

Imagine lecturing me with technology that was used 30 years ago

You see those exceptional student, if you ask them, they will tell you, it's all their work none from those lecturers, the only thing they do is release syllabus and set exam

And for your info, I'm only there to get certification, nothing else, everything I know now is from personal study with the help of online tutorials

It seems you haven't been to federal uni, I was surprised when I saw this man forwarding online videos to us regarding the course he is suppose to teach

See ehn, if you sabi many many many thing wey I no fit count that these so called lecturers do

You will know that they shouldn't even receive payment at all

Thank God you mentioned Computer science.

I know a graduate of computer science with upper credit who can't assemble and diseemble a computer.

I also know a graduate of mechanical engineering who can't fix cars?

What are we now paying for? To learn DY/DX?
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by oloyedewaris(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
coputa:
The university system need serious overhaul they're not adding any value to the society.
Exactly, I think the problem is because no one is supervising them from federal level

Because these things also happen in some state public schools
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by oloyedewaris(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
Auskyd:

All your mates making it big with tech aren't in school bro. They didn't even go to the university. You can as well drop out and start out on your own without degree since it's worthless or wetin you think?

If this is all you could write from my response, then I think you have a shallow brain

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
kafeii123:

you will just tire for the way many of these folks reason... but who blames them though...many got admitted through man know man...you are expecting your lecturer to begin explaining line by line to you........after claiming you scored your over 250 by yourself in jamb....?

Ohk!

We have this lecturer taking us Eco in my school.

Eco is filled with calculations which are not self explanatory.

Our lecturer will come into the class, and just flip through the pages. He barely spends 30 minutes during a two hours lecture program.

Calculations will remain unsolved.

He won't even bother about maintaining orderliness in the class before he starts lecturing, and he does not give a damn if everyone can hear him speak.

There's always high record of mass failure in his courses. (I feel D, E and C are failure)

We usually have low percentage of students getting A or B

How do you justify that?

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
oloyedewaris:

If this is all you could write from my response, then I think you have a shallow brain

Vawulence

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by oloyedewaris(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2022
Queensee:

Thank God you mentioned Computer science.

I know a graduate of computer science with upper credit who can't assemble and diseemble a computer.

I also know a graduate of mechanical engineering who can't fix cars?

What are we now paying for? To learn DY/DX?

If not for extra-curricula activities, right now I might not be able to write any computer program

Now I'm a full stack developer
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2022
Queensee:

Ohk!

Our lecturer will come into the class, and just flip through the pages. He barely spends 30 minutes during a two hours lecture program.

He won't even bother about maintaining orderliness in the class before he starts lecturing, and he does not give a damn if everyone can hear him speak.

There's always high record of mass failure in his courses. (I feel D, E and C are failure)

How do you justify that?

One ... you're no longer in secondary school....
So if you expect the lecturer who apart from your own class, also teaches others in other levels...then Masters..then PhD students to be telling you to act proper and shut up..... you're on a long thing.... His promotion is based on teaching only one-two courses per session....so even the one he's teaching you is extra workload for which he's supposed to get allowance that your federal government are refusing to pay...you expect him to now be wasting his time and effort organising you who's older than 18 to act proper...not everyone has that time... and besides if he does that seriously... he'll probably have to send many of your colleagues out of the hall... and you guys will raise issues against him for that...

In universities where the students have some sense..... your classrep would have made arrangements to get portable loudspeakers or some other mass communication device available....that's what the students, faculty and departmental dues you guys pay for are supposed to be used for...but your executives are often cultists and life-chopping guys... so they don't even think this and you too don't force them to.... A man who's not being paid well should come lose his voice on teaching students who won't bother to read anyways?

On spending short time in class ..I guarantee you that if a course is three units for instance...a full 1 hour of lecture received for that course is supposed to be studied by the students for at least 3hours..in order to fully digest the material taught....that's why solving of examples/workings is actually a waste of time...your Lecturer is supposed to just discuss the general philosophy/strategy of the topic being solved....not teaching you how to solve calculations....that you had enough iQ to get admitted into that course...which should be on merit...means that your brain can figure the calculation steps out...if it pays the requisite attention in time and effort... Remember 3hours per 1hr of class for a 3units course...which means 6hrs of study for each 2hours of lecture if the course is 3units....

Only after having paid that prescribed level of attention to studying that course material..and you still don't get it ..can you begin to complain...but I bet you that you'll likely master it and not need external help as much..if you do pay the required level and duration of attention.

Now if your Lecturer is in class....and you do your own part of maintaining decorum...I can bet you that he will by himself take more pain in explaining to you...in a way that'll be more easy for you guys to follow along...if you take it upon yourself to organise your classmates before his arrival...and provide the facility for him to communicate louder and better...I can guarantee you of better delivery...but if you're unable to do so...in cases where your classmates are too large and majorly unserious (which is why your Lecturer may himself not take you too seriously to teach) ...you can always seek out his office and ask for better explanation on some of the things he taught you....I bet he will deal with you more patiently and even with respect...don't be surprised if he even tells you the textbooks to consult for clearer understanding.

You guys put up an attitude of being unwilling to hear him...as per you're just in class to make attendance and finish school with kpali...not that you want to learn.. that's why most of them also treat you all with levity..

And of course, there will be mass failures... if you don't pay attention to know how your tutor wants you to approach his questions in class...

I assume you're asking this question to learn...that's why I took the pains to answer you this elaborately... enjoy your day
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by coputa(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
oloyedewaris:

Exactly, I think the problem is because no one is supervising them from federal level

Because these things also happen in some state public schools
public schools in Nigeria are nothing to write home about.they're filled with audio teachers and tomatoe sellers.they just go there to mark register gossip and exploit the students.Nigeria is rotten from down to the top.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Lastbornbuns: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
Queensee:

Ohk!

How do you justify that?

This must be Mathematical economics. I'd advise you find Schaum Peter series or alpha chaing books on the subject. Schaum really breaks it down.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
oloyedewaris:

If not for extra-curricula activities, right now I might not be able to write any computer program

Now I'm a full stack developer

Just imagine! Yet they'll claim they are impacting knowledge.

Nonsense and ASUU
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
kafeii123:

One ... you're no longer in secondary school....
So if you expect the lecturer who apart from your own class, also teaches others in other levels...then Masters..then PhD students to be telling you to act proper and shut up..... you're on a long thing.... His promotion is based on teaching only one-two courses per session....so even the one he's teaching you is extra workload for which he's supposed to get allowance that your federal government are refusing to pay...you expect him to now be wasting his time and effort organising you who's older than 18 to act proper...not everyone has that time... and besides if he does that seriously... he'll probably have to send many of your colleagues out of the hall... and you guys will raise issues against him for that...

In universities where the students have some sense..... your classrep would have made arrangements to get portable loudspeakers or some other mass communication device available....that's what the students, faculty and departmental dues you guys pay for are supposed to be used for...but your executives are often cultists and life-chopping guys... so they don't even think this and you too don't force them to.... A man who's not being paid well should come lose his voice on teaching students who won't bother to read anyways?

On spending short time in class ..I guarantee you that if a course is three units for instance...a full 1 hour of lecture received for that course is supposed to be studied by the students for at least 3hours..in order to fully digest the material taught....that's why solving of examples/workings is actually a waste of time...your Lecturer is supposed to just discuss the general philosophy/strategy of the topic being solved....not teaching you how to solve calculations....that you had enough iQ to get admitted into that course...which should be on merit...means that your brain can figure the calculation steps out...if it pays the requisite attention in time and effort... Remember 3hours per 1hr of class for a 3units course...which means 6hrs of study for each 2hours of lecture if the course is 3units....

Only after having paid that prescribed level of attention to studying that course material..and you still don't get it ..can you begin to complain...but I bet you that you'll likely master it and not need external help as much..if you do pay the required level and duration of attention.

Now if your Lecturer is in class....and you do your own part of maintaining decorum...I can bet you that he will by himself take more pain in explaining to you...in a way that'll be more easy for you guys to follow along...if you take it upon yourself to organise your classmates before his arrival...and provide the facility for him to communicate louder and better...I can guarantee you of better delivery...but if you're unable to do so...in cases where your classmates are too large and majorly unserious (which is why your Lecturer may himself not take you too seriously to teach) ...you can always seek out his office and ask for better explanation on some of the things he taught you....I bet he will deal with you more patiently and even with respect...don't be surprised if he even tells you the textbooks to consult for clearer understanding.

You guys put up an attitude of being unwilling to hear him...as per you're just in class to make attendance and finish school with kpali...not that you want to learn.. that's why most of them also treat you all with levity..

And of course, there will be mass failures... if you don't pay attention to know how your tutor wants you to approach his questions in class...

I assume you're asking this question to learn...that's why I took the pains to answer you this elaborately... enjoy your day

U just took time to write rubbish.

I am talking about how a lecturer will flip through a big textbook filled with calculations and may only decide to pick one example and work on the board. He does not care whether we understand or not, and he only focuses on teaching people in the front row.

90% of the class usually lose tracks of how he's flipping through the pages like it's nothing. Before we open eyes and close it 2 hrs class will be over within 45 minutes or less.

In advance countries, will a lecturer be allowed to flip through a text book filled with calculations as if he's flipping through novels? He'll just read two to three lines in a page(Talk about it) and skip about 5-10 pages

There's public address system and we often try to maintain decorum amongst ourselves (It's usually of no use, because we end up learning nothing at the end of the day; we only attend his class because he says attendance carries 15 marks)

We also have a lecturer who stops coming to class because a student refused to leave the class after he was sent out.

We've gone to beg him several times, and he insists on never stepping foot into our class. Yet he takes us a course which involves calculations.

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 12:25am On Jul 30, 2022
Queensee:

U just took time to write rubbish.

I am talking about how a lecturer will flip through a big textbook filled with calculations and may only decide to pick one example and work on the board. He does not care whether we understand or not, and he only focuses on teaching people in the front row.

90% of the class usually lose tracks of how he's flipping through the pages like it's nothing. Before we open eyes and close it 2 hrs class will be over within 45 minutes or less.

There's public address system and all of that. We also have a lecturer who stops coming to class because a student refused to leave the class after he was sent out.

We've gone to beg him several times, and he insists on never stepping foot into our class. Yet he takes us a course which involves calculations.

Smiles.... If this your attitude is representative of your class...then even coming to class is doing you a favor....if your Lecturer who did not pay your school fee is in class...and you did not have enough sense to realize that it is your school fee ..as well as time you're burning by refusing to quiet down and listen.....then you are entirely to blame....

If you expect your Lecturer who doesn't need his teaching of you...for anything in his career....to be the one to adjust for you... instead of you adjusting to gain from him... You're also doing yourself....

A lecturer only needs to teach one course per semester....that's his statutory responsibility... teaching you is a favor... he's doing it because your department doesn't have enough hands to work...and government is refusing to allow them hire....if you really wanted to learn anything...you will get to class early..and sit in front.... So you can hear the man...try it for five consecutive times...and I can bet you that you'll begin to understand the classes better..but if you continue to sit amongst back benchers..where your colleagues are busy chatting.. pressing phones

Checking Bitcoin chart..and discussing crypto... You're doing yourself....don't blame him for not inconveniencing himself to accommodate you.

Your attitude already shows it'll be an effort in futility....so I'm not surprised....but I'm sure that amongst those of your apparently more sensible colleagues who normally sit in the front rows during classes... you'll find out that most of them do not have this your complaints....

It's likely it's amongst them that the "few" people you said usually get "A"s and "B"s in the courses can be found.... Your inability to score high can this be likned to two things.. (I) Low IQ... this is likely the case if it was connection that got you admitted and not merit.... (ii) poor/ low conscientiousness....this is why you attend class late... Sit in the middle of laggards instead of the front (even if you have to stand)...and refuse to spend the required amount of time studying the course material and expecting your Lecturer (not teacher cos the two are different) to be solving already typed calculations for you on the board like lesson teacher.... I advise you see a counsellor in good enough time to know which of the two is the root cause of your difficulty and to make proper arrangements early in time... Maybe you need to move to a less mentally tasking course....or sit up and stop wasting your parent's school fees.....in all, you need to stop blaming your Lecturer for problems that you yourself are creating..

You'll be alright...

1 Like

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Paulheyman: 4:16am On Jul 30, 2022
Queensee:

Auskyd and his fellow Buffon's will not see this one.

Most of those professors barely do any work. They shift majority of the workloads to their assistant lecturers while they do go about gossiping in the faculty

I think you should be discussing sex and more sex in the romance section and not education

Questions
1) Who is a professor?
2) What are the prerequisites for being a professor?
3) What's the role of a professor?

You shouldn't be here in education section. It take intelligence to understand some life/academic phenomenon/mode of operation.

word of inspiration: Albert Einstein wasn't such a bright student right from his secondary education to his undergraduate and Postgraduate years (he was so poor academically that he didn't pass a language class) even his supervisors didn't care to give him a reference letter for a job placement. Einstein worked hard enough to attain academic relevance. He didn't go ahead hating his teachers/lecturers. You also can be like Einstein in your chosen field of endeavor

My point: Inferiority complex is the reason behind the hate for lecturers, Dr., nurses, lawyers, Engr etc. That professor you claim doesn't impact knowledge and doesn't know anything have students scattered all over the world that are doing exceedingly well. Where were you when others were gaining from his knowledge base. May be you were fantasizing sex in class? I have four students studying med surge, one med rehab, two studying engineering and these are the few I can recall. I still have students like you who got pregnant and dropped out of school, another that was obsessed with a guy that is yet to gain admission into any tertiary Institution (the guy have destroyed what's left of her life). May be by tomorrow she will start hating on Dr, Engr, physiotherapist etc whereas she was the cause of her own woos.

My advise: Go talk sex in romance section, they need your contribution more.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Paulheyman: 4:44am On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

All your mates making it big with tech aren't in school bro. They didn't even go to the university. You can as well drop out and start out on your own without degree since it's worthless or wetin you think?

You're wasting your time trying to educate "school na scam generation" they live in illusion of their own minds. Lecturers are even trying. Get a PhD, get good academic papers (well indexed with excellent/good/fair impact factor or citescore) and start processing your visa to leave their country for a sure postdoc scholarship. In Europe/America you'll be teaching the children of their political elites with a very good pay and spend much of your time in the lab doing research. Lecturers should focus on themselves and allow those ones to perish in their hate fuelled by ignorance. I always pity lecturers who give all for their students. Most of them end up being subject of caricature and mockery among same students they invested in. To me I always advise them to focus on themselves finish your doctorate, get the certificate and start applying for a postdoc. It's very much easier than they think...

Stay blessed
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 7:22am On Jul 30, 2022
Paulheyman:

I think you should be discussing sex and more sex in the romance section and not education

Questions
1) Who is a professor?

You shouldn't be here in education section. It take intelligence to understand some life/academic phenomenon/mode of operation.

word of inspiration: Albert Einstein wasn't such a bright student right from his secondary education to his undergraduate and Postgraduate years (he was so poor academically that he didn't pass a language class) even his supervisors didn't care to give him a reference letter for a job placement. Einstein worked hard enough to attain academic relevance. He didn't go ahead hating his teachers/lecturers. You also can be like Einstein in your chosen field of endeavor

My point: Inferiority complex is the reason behind the hate for lecturers, Dr., nurses, lawyers, Engr etc. That professor you claim doesn't impact knowledge and doesn't know anything have students scattered all over the world that are doing exceedingly well. Where were you when others were gaining from his knowledge base. May be you were fantasizing sex in class? I have four students studying med surge, one med rehab, two studying engineering and these are the few I can recall. I still have students like you who got pregnant and dropped out of school, another that was obsessed with a guy that is yet to gain admission into any tertiary Institution (the guy have destroyed what's left of her life). May be by tomorrow she will start hating on Dr, Engr, physiotherapist etc whereas she was the cause of her own woos.

Boss, for her to even construct a good sentence na die. She isn't missing school for the education. That one is certain.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 7:23am On Jul 30, 2022
Paulheyman:

You're wasting your time trying to educate "school na scam generation" they live in illusion of their own minds. Lecturers are even trying. Get a PhD, get good academic papers (well indexed with excellent/good/fair impact factor or citescore) and start processing your visa to leave their country for a sure postdoc scholarship. In Europe/America you'll be teaching the children of their political elites with a very good pay and spend much of your time in the lab doing research. Lecturers should focus on themselves and allow those ones to perish in their hate fuelled by ignorance. I always pity lecturers who give all for their students. Most of them end up being subject of caricature and mockery among same students they invested in. To me I always advise them to focus on themselves finish your doctorate, get the certificate and start applying for a postdoc. It's very much easier than they think...

Stay blessed

Im actually enjoying the banter. I know it presses necks and I love it lol. Nothing these ones will say that'll ever have any significant impact. Never.

Thanks boss
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by adanny01(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Paulheyman:

APC indeed is an evil party. So, agencies of the government not working justifies ASUU (GL) earning less $150 and professor earning less than $320 per month. Inefficiency in government is the fault of ASUU and not the incompetent APC government. You guys sound stewpid each time you attempt to defend this administration.

In saner climes. Even APC supporters wants to talk about saner climes. Imagine!!!. Blaming ASUU for Buhariii overtly incompetence.

Keep it up Na your pikin go suffer am.

Enjoy bigotry

The fact that you quote their salaries in US Dollars means you cannot be reasonable to the fact that you shouldn't be comparing Nigeria to the US in anyway. The fact that the dollar is N700 in the parallel market and you do not know the real reason for it means you should be careful when comparing things. When you do that shallow comparison and forget relevant issues, then you can be said to be ignorant.

You mentioned APC twice. When PDP agreed with ASUU to inject 1.3trillion Naira in the universities and never did, did you call them out. Why do you think that since my days in school, early 2000s, ASUU has done nearly 2 dozen strikes and you deem it fit to call out only the present government.

Besides, the agreement of 2009 is what ASUU is clinging to, how come you didn't mention the very party that had the agreement and never fulfilled it?
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by adanny01(m): 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

Hehehehe yes!!!!!!! Yes!!!!! Oh my God, yes!!!!!!

Free education in Germany is sponsored by who? By who? Finland, Sweden, etc. Even the USA.

What are educational grants to universities for sir?

I believe you gave yourself the answer, grants you say. These one's are fighting for their salary. They still get grants.

What they are fighting is to have control of money since government doesn't let them do it.

What do they want? They want to be out of IPPIS and pay themselves from government grants. Is like an adult child throwing tantrums asking for his inheritance from his father.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2022
adanny01:

I believe you gave yourself the answer, grants you say. These one's are fighting for their salary. They still get grants.

What they are fighting is to have control of money since government doesn't let them do it.

What do they want? They want to be out of IPPIS and pay themselves from government grants. Is like an adult child throwing tantrums asking for his inheritance from his father.

You cannot "pay" yourself grants, abeg. Please stop this ignorant talk. Grants are earned, not just given. You apply for it and if you are deemed worthy, you'll get it. Grants are meant for infrastructure. They don't sit and call all lecturers and say "ehen, Dem don pay grant oh, come and take your share".

Salaries, you also have to work for as well. Under normal circumstances they ought to review salaries every 3 years at least, but since 2008 no reviews have been done. No qualitative increase in salary. Nothing.

But these fools on here want lecturers to "manage" it simply because they and their friends want to graduate. When you ask them to go back and lecture, they'll tell you "GoD fOrbiD" and laugh derisively.

A lot of ministries and MDAs are not under IPPIS. Senators and HoRs members are not under IPPIS, and these are also govt workers. When they asked them why, no one could say anything.

So if other ministries can decide they don't want IPPIS, why can't lecturers do the same? No worry, everybody go dey alright. Let people keep siding with the oppressor. E go touch everybody one day.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by adanny01(m): 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Auskyd:

You cannot "pay" yourself grants, abeg. Please stop this ignorant talk. Grants are earned, not just given. You apply for it and if you are deemed worthy, you'll get it. Grants are meant for infrastructure. They don't sit and call all lecturers and say "ehen, Dem don pay grant oh, come and take your share".

Salaries, you also have to work for as well. Under normal circumstances they ought to review salaries every 3 years at least, but since 2008 no reviews have been done. No qualitative increase in salary. Nothing.

But these fools on here want lecturers to "manage" it simply because they and their friends want to graduate. When you ask them to go back and lecture, they'll tell you "GoD fOrbiD" and laugh derisively.

A lot of ministries and MDAs are not under IPPIS. Senators and HoRs members are not under IPPIS, and these are also govt workers. When they asked them why, no one could say anything.

So if other ministries can decide they don't want IPPIS, why can't lecturers do the same? No worry, everybody go dey alright. Let people keep siding with the oppressor. E go touch everybody one day.

From your first line, you obviously have comprehension issues.

You can proof your comprehension by quoting me with what I wrote against what you wrote.

I never engage in an argument with people who have comprehension issues. They will always misconstrue the context just like you have.

What I am waiting for is your next comment and I can bet you will misconstrue even this post. Oya reply me.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
adanny01:

From your first line, you obviously have comprehension issues.

You can proof your comprehension by quoting me with what I wrote against what you wrote.

I never engage in an argument with people who have comprehension issues. They will always misconstrue the context just like you have.

What I am waiting for is your next comment and I can bet you will misconstrue even this post. Oya reply me.

Typical Nigerian reply when you tell them something above their mental capacity. You stupid before, so no need. Person wey think say Dem dey pay grants to lecturers naim I wan argue with? Lol na me fucc up.

Goan make up your mind about whether you will vote or not (not that it matters anyway lmao) and leave intellectual talk for those who want them.

Idiot say "proof" instead of "prove", and e wan correct me lmao.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by adanny01(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Auskyd:

Typical Nigerian reply when you tell them something above their mental capacity. You stupid before, so no need. Person wey think say Dem dey pay grants to lecturers naim I wan argue with? Lol na me fucc up.

Goan make up your mind about whether you will vote or not (not that it matters anyway lmao) and leave intellectual talk for those who want them.

Idiot say "proof" instead of "prove", and e wan correct me lmao.

You see what I mean.

He doesn't know how to use proof and prove in a sentence grin grin grin grin

Give me proof you can comprehend. Prove yourself instead of dishing insults.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by Auskyd(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
adanny01:

You see what I mean.

He doesn't know how to use proof and prove in a sentence grin grin grin grin

Give me proof you can comprehend. Prove yourself instead of dishing insults.

Mumu used a noun where you ought to use a verb. You literally said "proof your comprehension" angry ode grin. Go check wetin you type.

Just dey gaslight yourself say you sabi. Mumu.
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by HaryaorGirl(f): 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
Nazgul:
Are they fighting for their selfish interests or that of the students?

Personally, I don’t get seduced by the facade of fighting the government every time in the name of strike and people will willingly pull their strides behind ASUU. It doesn’t always move me. I want to ask the question; is ASUU really fighting for the well-being of the students, or are they using the fact that Nigeria is a failed government to clone as a facade to pursue their selfish interests, because they know that people will always fall behind them?

If ASUU is fighting for the welfare of the students, why won’t they also consider the welfare of the students and return to school? Why are they so comfortable that our students are at home since February, 2022 up till now? That is a period of 5 months and they are not even ready to move.

They don’t even care. As for me, I don’t support the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) joining ASUU in the strike. If ASUU is fighting for the welfare of the students, and they want us to believe that they have no ulterior motive, why haven’t they come out with their templates and convince Nigerians of their demands? Have they explained to the students exactly what they are fighting for and how it will benefit the students when granted?

During my days as a student, up till now, ASUU have always gone on strike and part of their demands have always been met, but I have never seen any significant improvement in the services they render to the students. The lecturers still trade sex for marks, they still sell books, handouts and collect inducements before a student passes their courses. And most importantly, they have not improved their teaching modules to enhance the education they offer.

So, how exactly is their protest in the interest of the students?

I want to know, and would be glad if anyone can help me out.

Cc. Mynd44, lalasticalala Dominique Seun.

#END_ASUU

Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by khadaffi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
Bishops10:

The current President of ASUU Prof Osodeke Emmanuel, his children attended school here in Nigeria, Infact the same Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) Abia State where he Lectures.

Here is an ASUU member relaxing away in US while students here are at home.

https://www.nairaland.com/7316613/unical-vc-florence-obi-vacation
Re: Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? by kafeii123: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
Paulheyman:

Questions
1) Who is a professor?

Wow... I thought I was the only one thinking this....there was nothing in that contribution that showed any potential for scholarship....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% / Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department / Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.