Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

“I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) (598 Views)

2023: I’ll Support Yahaya Bello, I Don’t Believe In Igbo Presidency – Uwazuruike / Ikpeazu: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through Barrels Of The Gun, No IPOB In Abia / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by crowther15(m): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
It was reported and believed that Tinubu granted an interview on April 13, 1997, and this was published on This Day Newspaper.

According to the column written by Olu Fasan, a London based lawyer and political economist, 'How would someone who did not believe in the unity and oneness of Nigeria then make becoming the country’s president the sole aim of his life, his entire purpose?'

Again from the column He wrote, But let’s cut Tinubu some slack. Let’s say that he made the “I Don’t Believe in One Nigeria” comment out of frustration. After all, as we know, Tinubu tends to hit the roof and make outlandish comments when he’s angry, a trait to watch out for if he became president as he’s utterly prone to provocative and divisive outbursts.

Consider his recent comment that Peter Obi’s Labour Party supporters “will labour till death.” What about his condescending “olule” diatribe against President Buhari?

Do you think Tinubu made such comment out of frustration about 26 years ago?

Source: https://businessday.ng/columnist/article/for-tinubu-his-lifelong-ambition-trumps-the-unity-of-nigeria/
Cc: Mynd44, OAM4

Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by Oplomo: 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Yet, he wants to rule one nigeria.

He can't eat his cake and have it.

That his comment should be translated in hausa, Igbo and yoruba and put on billboards all over the country during campaign. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by crowther15(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oplomo:
Yet, he wants to rule one nigeria.

He can't eat his cake and have it.

That his comment should be translated in hausa, Igbo and yoruba and put on billboards all over the country during campaign. grin
Didnt you think it was done of out of frustration considering the case of Abiola and Abacha in that period?.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by Racoon(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nope! This is because the were wants to benefit from one Nigeria by being Abacha's deputy but failed. Today, he's benefiting from the fraud of "one Nigeria" hence wants to rule.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by fman(m): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
that was then.
He has changed his ideology
And wants to correct the past.
Let's give him a chance.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by Gozac: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
fman:
that was then.
Let's give him a chance.
Yes oooo, but he is old and demented grin

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by fman(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
Gozac:

Yes oooo, but he is old and demented grin
but his dreams are young and untamed.
Physically Tinubu meant not be strong
But psychologically and mentally, he is SOUND.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by agadez007(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
For the people that will ask for sauce they will use to digest this meal of Cassava and agbado porridge

2 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by crowther15(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
fman:
but his dreams are young and untamed.
Physically Tinubu meant not be strong
But psychologically and mentally, he is SOUND.
Are you sure this man is sound mentally? See the kind of comments He made out of frustration to Peter Obi, Buhari and even Dapo Abiodun in Ogun State. The writer based his assertion around this comments.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by jkpbestseries: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
and he blv in one Nigeria now.... So what next
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by RedChiefPriest: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
All of these aspirants no believe in Nigeria
They are just going there to eat their own share nothing new anymore
God bless Obasanjo and Musa Yar'adua, na the 2 better president we don get be that.
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by leokid866: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
agadez007:
For the people that will ask for sauce they will use to digest this meal of Cassava and agbado porridge
did you read the content of the article or you just picked the headline and ran with?
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by agadez007(m): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
leokid866:
did you read the content of the article or you just picked the headline and ran with?
The later

He don’t believe in one Nigeria
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by PandoraObi: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by khadaffi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Wow!! So 1997 is 26 years ago? Ah!
It looks like yesterday in my eyes.

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by leokid866: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
agadez007:
The later

He don’t believe in one Nigeria
you obviously didnt read the article so ill leave you in your ignorance..............bless
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by agadez007(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
leokid866:
you obviously didnt read the article so ill leave you in your ignorance..............bless
ok bless you
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
fman:
that was then.
Let's give him a chance.

You mean he changed and still plan to feed nigerians with Agbado and cassava?
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by fman(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

You mean he changed and still plan to feed nigerians with Agbado and cassava?
Half bread is better than nothing.
Lol
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by fman(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2022
khadaffi:
Wow!! So 1997 is 26 years ago? Ah!
It looks like yesterday in my eyes.
I swear. Seem like u don dey bleep by then? Just a question
Re: “I Don’t Believe In One Nigeria" – Tinubu (1997) by kk2027: 7:41am On Jul 27, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
All of these aspirants no believe in Nigeria
They are just going there to eat their own share nothing new anymore
God bless Obasanjo and Musa Yar'adua, na the 2 better president we don get be that.

Too bad

(1) (Reply)

How Obidient Igbos Welcomed Their People In The South East / Opinion: Buhari Might Not Even Know That “He Approved N1.2bn For Niger Republic” / If Not For Peter Obi It Would Be Atiku Vs Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.