Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (53407 Views)

Adams Oshiomole Drops Presidential Ambition, Aligns With Tinubu - Thisday / Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by KEVIND: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2020
By Farooq Kperogi.

Nigerian politicians are shamelessly situational "patriots." They're irredentists when they're outside the orbit of power and exaggerated "patriots" when they have access to the public till. A man who didn't believe in Nigeria when he didn't have his way now wants to lead it. Ha!

https://mobile.twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1298435659930243072

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by 175(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2020
Wow! INTERNET sef. . .never forgets!

Tinubu is gradually being stripped naked by the masters of the game.

283 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Joshmodest(m): 6:40am On Aug 26, 2020
@op do you ??
Accept or not Nigeria is a country that was never meant to be one , two. three or even 30 ...
fragment us into 40 units , people would still call for division ....
We were all just forced to stay together against our wish !!
I don't like the bourdillion chimpanzee but he's right on this !!

296 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by yerokunphilips: 6:40am On Aug 26, 2020
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2020
I wanted to write long comment but I realized Tinubu will NEVER be Nigerian President.

So no need.

Imagine they found this about Peter Obi

543 Likes 47 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by mu2sa2: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2020
OP, please quote the full excerpts of the interview for the reader to know the context in which Tinubu made the alleged statement.
One may also ask: Was he misquoted? Did he refute the report after publication?
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by horpeyvictor: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2020
Hmmmm....... All I can say for now is that God should please save us from self ambitious politicians

55 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Bigflamie(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2020
Who takes Tinubu's presidential ambition serious? cheesy Everyone is waiting for him to mistakenly declare it official, he'll in no time denounce it before election campaign starts.

235 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by LibertyRep: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2020
This has to be during the military days.

Level has changed

Opinions have shifted

Allignment and reallignment of interests

Should they fail to get what they crave for, they'll quickly activate option B

Trust any Nigeria politicians at your own peril.

The truth is, Nigeria as presently constituted and administered may never progress.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Anaerobi(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2020
wow God Pls let Nigeria be divided... one Nigeria is a scam.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 26, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Obalatule: 6:53am On Aug 26, 2020
He didn't believe in one Nigeria until he started benefiting from one Nigeria

358 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by helinues: 6:55am On Aug 26, 2020
That was then....

In Jagaba's voice..

grin grin cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by seunmsg(m): 6:56am On Aug 26, 2020
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

You cannot bring a headline from an interview granted during the military era without posting the full details. We need to understand the context in which he made the statement.

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Queenlovely(f): 6:57am On Aug 26, 2020
boss@whitetiger-technologydrivers.com

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Lipscomb(m): 6:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Hey kid. Don't just post trash to score political cheap.
Endeavour to summarize his points.
Headline wasn't enough to justify the whole point in the content.
KEVIND:
Nigerian politicians are shamelessly situational "patriots." They're irredentists when they're outside the orbit of power and mushy, exaggerated "patriots" when they have access to the public till. A man who didn't believe in Nigeria when he didn't have his way now wants to lead it. Ha!
By Farooq Kperogi.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2020
seunmsg:
Post the full interview and stop trying to bamboozle us with sensational headline.

Would you have requested for full interview if it was a "Peter Obi" headline..

What else could he have said that warranted such a line sentence?.

231 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Yobabad: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2020
That is why I tell you that this people are decievers, lies, croocks. Trust a Yoru.ba man at your peril

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by marshalcarter: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2020
Hypocrisy

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by seunmsg(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2020
Esseite:

Would you have requested for full interview if it was a "Peter Obi" headline..

What else could he have said that warranted such a line sentence?

Yes. I have always advocated that people should read beyond the headline. Even if it was Nnamdi Kanu, I would still like to read the full interview and understand the context. Headlines in Nigeria are largely sensational and misleading.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Dedetwo(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2020
Obalatule:
He didn't believe in one Nigeria until he started benefiting from one Nigeria

I am not quite sure about the above post. By my recollection, Tinubu and his forbearers fought a war for One-Nigeria. The wisdom says trust a Yari.ba peep at your...…………..

6 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Dedetwo(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2020
politicsng:
Normal hypocrisy of Nigerian politicians

Please make it a certain section of Nigerian politicians.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Think9ja(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2020
No "SANE" Nigerian believes in one Nigeria.

Nigerians who believe in one Nigeria are either foolish or beneficiaries of the flawed system

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Jasseyfrd(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2020
emperor tinubu ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by noleflendum: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2020
Ibo Christians news

4 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by goodnessme1(f): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2020
Nothing special here.

Awolowo also said if Igbos leave then yorubas will also leave.

but when Igbos leave,him and his people joined force with north to attack Igbos.

Na Yoruba Way Of Life.

122 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2020
If this is surprising to you guys, then it means this forum is filled with kids very new to Nigeria political situation.

For your own information, Tinubu has been in fore front of sovereign national conference. His voice for it when Jonathan was president
and Jonathan refusal to heed that call made me hate Jonathan. My only surprise is that Tinubu all of a sudden jettisoned that idea immidiately
they enthroned Buhari. He behaved just like every other Southern leader whose voice become faded once he enjoys the crumbles that come from the president office. Whether he still harbour the plan should they look his way in 2023 is what I don't know. But he aught to know that the North will be smart to know that. Silence in the face obvious truth is to me stupid. It is the same character exhibited by his supporters. They all know Nigeria is not working but are fixed with 2023 event. Just nonsense to say the least.

We can continue to pretend as the country continue to go on a merry go round. Yesterday I just read about Northern Cyprus systematically exploiting Nigerians to build their country using Education and I just shook my head.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by seunmsg(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Dedetwo:

This is the junction where the statement accredited to IBB comes to play. It is nice to go to sleep when a Yari.ba peep adapts to his\her second nature, loudmouth.

Ojukwu fought a bloody and senseless war for about three years after which he ran away to Ivory Coast. He came back to Nigeria some years later and shamelessly contested for a seat in the senate and even the presidency of the country he fought to breakup. Deservedly, he lost both but the point is, he still contested for the president of one Nigeria. So, what’s the big deal in Tinubu’s statement. Is hypocrisy the second nature of you Igbos?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2020
These are the characteristics of the average Nigerian politician.Greedy and wicked hypocrites!

35 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.