Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 (3535 Views)

Throwback Photo Of General Buhari In A Heated Discussion With Gen. IBB c.1985 / How National Assembly "Padded" 2021 Budget With Over ₦500 Billion / Tinubu: I Never Described Buhari As A Religious Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by jmoore(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
1985, Buhari was in charge.

National concord newspaper described it as most inhumane.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by jmoore(m): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
But majority of Nigerians ignorantly brought Buhari back to power in 2015 and 2019.

Those who don't learn from history are a recipe for disaster.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by GadgetsRus: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kai

I miss that Kabiyesi cartoon.

The owner of the Newspaper was the Tinubu and agabdo eater of that time and one of the people who led Nigeria on this path of destruction out selfish and desperate greed. He and his co-rogues weren't happy about how Buhari was going about stifling him and his fellow corrupt thieves of the day.

What did he resort to?

He had to connive with and sponsor the other big thief at the top right of the page you showed (Babangida) to oust Buhari's regime with the hopes that he'd be handed the treasury after IBB was done fleecing the country.

This was from where Nigeria descended into a free fall to this day and people erroneously think Buhari is the problem.

Even after Buhari the problems will still be there as he met them.

What happened thereafter?

Fill in the blank spaces my people.

Is it Deja Vu all over again?

I leave it for you guys to judge.

Read and share this thread to educate more people.

https://www.nairaland.com/7243652/obidiently-yours-pres-muhammad-buhari

2 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Lol
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Gandollar(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
GadgetsRus:
Kai

I know Omo oba but I don't remember this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by longetivity(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
Very wicked man

1 Like

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
Look...

I'm tired of seeing this throwback trash..

Can't you see ediots showing BAtified and Atifku..Kokokoro before our eyes

Something is wrong somewhere and right now I don't care who wins or who lose.

Give me my separation jeje before naija becomes islamized like Turkey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
This beast get mind empower his fellow animals to be feeding on the southern people's flesh.. Hmm tinubu please ge sense please it seem you want to sell your people because of post and politics, yo get mind go carry chief of bokoharam forces as your vice pres~ though am yoruba from ondo state but i will not vote you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Racoon(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
Simple! The most wicked and satanic government ever seen.

4 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Racoon(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
"...The Nigerian public has been made to believe that the slow pace of action of the Federal Government headed by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was due to the enormity of the problems left by the last civilian administration."

"-...The real reason, however, for the very slow pace of action is due to lack of unanimity of purpose among the ruling body; subsequently, the business of governance has gradually been subjected to ill-motivated power play considerations.

The ruling body, the Supreme Military Council, has, therefore, progressively been made redundant by the actions of a select few members charged with the day-to-day implementation of the SMC’s policies and decision."

-"..The concept of collective leadership has been substituted by stubborn and illadvised unilateral actions, thereby destroying the principles upon which the government came to power. Any effort made to advise the leadership, met with stubborn resistance and was viewed as a challenge to authority or disloyalty.
The Coup Speech That Overthrow Buhari on 27th.Aug.1985.Same scenario in 1983-85, same today and same shall it remain.

5 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by PointZerom: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
cheesy

He blamed middle men in 1985 and blamed PDP in 2015 angry

5 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Shellsploit: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Pm news sef
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Goddey18(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
And some people saw this but still went ahead to bring him to power because of their selfish ambition.

2 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Tochi3(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
I will say it with all my chest that the Igbos, . Yes the Igbo knowingly rejected him and i dont give a fu"ck whoever have a problem that the Igbos rejected him always and always.

Am no tribalistic but I am proud to be who I am. No apologies That is the love the Igbos have for Nigeria to have rejected that calamity Poo'hari.

Imaginr Poo'hari coming to duhumanize Nigeria again since 2015.

Some few Nigerians warned Nigerians about Poo'hari but the Igbos always rejected him at the polls

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by kernniejay(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
APC doesn't deserve to smell presidency again.
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Ofunaofu: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
...and it is still the same today
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by paramakina202: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
jmoore:

Those who forced the calamity called Buhari upon Nigeria in 2015 want to force a bigger disaster called Tinubu upon Nigeria but God forbid BATing.
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
How educated people who claim sophistication got scammed baffles me.

At least the north have a lot of bright brains who could have been voted.
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Christistruth00: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
jmoore:

Concord was MKO Abiola’s Paper and Abiola sponsored the Babangida Coup that removed Buhari

The Headlines May have had sinister ulterior motives to make way for the Coup
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by vasel15: 12:54am On Jul 27, 2022
1985 failure called buhari
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Maxymilliano(m): 1:29am On Jul 27, 2022
Buhari has always had an air of calamitous tendencies around him and everything he touches or supretends always come out negative

3 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Ykc2(m): 1:59am On Jul 27, 2022
GadgetsRus:
Kai

The owner of the Newspaper was the Tinubu and agabdo eater of that time and one of the people who led Nigeria on this path of destruction out selfish and desperate greed. He and his co-rogues weren't happy about how Buhari was going about stifling him and his fellow corrupt thieves of the day.

What did he resort to?

He had to connive with and sponsor the other big thief at the top right of the page you showed (Babangida) to oust Buhari's regime with the hopes that he'd be handed the treasury after IBB was done fleecing the country.

This was from where Nigeria descended into a free fall to this day and people erroneously think Buhari is the problem.

abiola is the owner of concord
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by kollinz1234(m): 3:38am On Jul 27, 2022
jmoore:
But majority of Nigerians ignorantly brought Buhari back to power in 2015 and 2019.

it was not ignorantly. People were warned, our parents told us everything, how life became unbearable for them till Buhari was ousted. But again the north and the Muslims of Yoruba extraction got over zealous that they were ready to make a deal with the devil if that is the only thing that can help remove Good luck Jonathan and the deal worked no w the devil is taking his own part of the agreement which is the blood shed you are seeing everywhere around the country. Can you believe that Buhari and his people brought in foreign fighters, including Gadaffi's loyalists alongside terrorists who were heavily armed with NATO ammunitions (from the unrest in Lybia) to come and destabilize the country if Jonathan refuse to relinquish power? Now those foreign fighters have refused to return because Nigeria is like a safe haven for them and they are making billions in kidnapping alone in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 27, 2022
The same National Concord group then in 1993 wrote an article about the IBB government that succeded Bubu...

Nigeria: Has Babangida Given Up......

Which earned them the wrath of the government.

The more things change, the more they seem the same....
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by NwaMamaIwota(f): 3:52am On Jul 27, 2022
omenka supported this thing just to spite igbos
today he's supporting another failure just to spite igbos.
talk about what hatred can do to someone's sense of reasoning
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Cantonese: 4:15am On Jul 27, 2022
GadgetsRus:
Kai

What did he resort to?

“I miss that Kabiyesi cartoon…”. Na lie. How old were you between dec. 31, 1985 and Aug 1987?

Buhari was made the head of state, not because he was more active in the coup that brought him in, but because he was their most senior. The head of state could have been IBB, but the correction was made in Aug 1985.

Nigerians went into a free fall the day Buhari/Idiagbon joined hands with IBB, Abacha and co. to sack the government of Shehu Shagari. MKO was an active player in military affairs in those days. Unfortunately those he helped to power failed him.

Between Dec 31, 1983 and Aug 1985, your baba always accused “middlemen” of causing economic problems, just as he presently blames everything and everyone for his very woeful performances. Him and his friend Idiagbon were the problems.

2 Likes

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Aldol: 4:44am On Jul 27, 2022
jmoore:

Exactly,despite all the red signals of his bad performance, they never cared
Same way some Nigerians are still hell-bent on bringing another calamity to us again even after seeing this

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Chinjo2: 4:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Buhari yesterday, today and forever. He will never change. That is why the greatest punishment should go to those who brought him to power especially Tinubu. They know his anti people antecedents yet they packaged him and made him president. Now Tinubu want to come and repair what he scattered. God forbid.
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Tecnophone: 5:04am On Jul 27, 2022
Buhari na animal
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Liamm(m): 6:16am On Jul 27, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
omenka supported this thing just to spite igbos
today he's supporting another failure just to spite igbos.
talk about what hatred can do to someone's sense of reasoning
see the foolish thing here

1 Like

Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Potbellyman(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2022
I laugh in vanacular
Re: See How National Concord Newspaper Described Buhari's Regime In 1985 by Hallams(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2022
Ykc2:
abiola is the owner of concord
He didn't say Tinubu is the owner of Concord now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Holding A Flag Vs Peter Obi Holding A Flag (pictures) / This Is The Type Of People Peter Obi Builds...photos / People Dragging Aisha Yesufu For Campaign Against Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.