Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

$1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? (4997 Views)

Prices Of Food Items Rise In Kano, Abuja, Lagos, Others / Dollar rise: What Are You Using The Dollar For Currently / 2019: David Mark Says Restructuring Is Inevitable, Tag Campaign Team 730 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
I knew from simple economics, the higher the demand, the higher the price in reality but Nigerian factor play major part in dollar rise.

What is Nigerian factor;
It is you and I that is corrupt in one area or the other.
Lack of good leadership from time to time. Square pegs are always in the round hole of Nigerian leadership.
Nigerian policies are always on paper without proper implementation.
Government ministries are pressured to publicize their statement of affairs to the public for proper scrutiny
There a lot teaming and lading in Nigerian government activities
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Nigeria sells more than 38b cubic meters of gas every year at the rate of 2-3.7usd . You can go verify.
1.3 to 1.4bd a barrel is 80- 108usd . Go and verify. Cumulate it , you will get nothing less than $150b annually.

Erm, it does not matter how much gas we sell....what matters is , we don't control the international price of gas...and even producing more gas can lead to a glut which would lead to lower prices, and lower income.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by okeysoninv: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

Erm, it does not matter how much gas we sell....what matters is , we don't control the international price of gas...and even producing more gas can lead to a glut which would lead to lower prices, and lower income.
your just contradiction yourself up and down.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
your just contradiction yourself up and down.

Let me repeat myself again...clearly.

Nigeria to prosper=we sell and export manufactured goods which means we earn far more than just selling oil, gas, agriculture, etc....

If you don't get it, my apologies.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by OVB123: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
EDSG2028:
A) You are probably importing more than you are exporting. Over dependence on dollar.
B) Political instability
C) Uncertainty about the country’s economy can stir fears for foreign investors. If they are leaving the country, they will need to trade naira for dollar.
D)Inflation
E) the country relies on foreign countries for most of her needs. Naija is simply not productive. No power, we depend on foreign refineries to even refine our crude
F) our low or sinking foreign reserve coupled with huge debt profile.
You sabi economics very well.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by teebagy: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
LoveGifted:
Please 1 Dollar is now 730 Naira.

I am not a good economist or political analyst but I need a good person to help me explain what makes dollar rise in Nigeria.

I can't really understand what's happening.
when the import of a country is greater than the export. When their are lack of enough industries in a country. When a country dosent make good use of its natural resources.

1 Like

Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by okeysoninv: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

Let me repeat myself again...clearly.

Nigeria to prosper=we sell and export manufactured goods which means we earn far more than just selling oil, gas, agriculture, etc....

If you don't get it, my apologies.
you don't get it. this country is huge exporting country in resources already but lacks accountability .. companies are making huge amount money here but the money are stored abroad. Gas alone exported will reach $120b this year. When you add oil and others it will be close to $200b.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
you don't get it. this country is huge exporting country in resources already but lacks accountability .. companies are making huge amount money here but the money are stored abroad. Gas alone exported will reach $120b this year. When you add oil and others it will be close to $200b.

We could make 1 trillion dollars if we exported manufactured goods....
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by okeysoninv: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

We could make 1 trillion dollars if we exported manufactured goods....
you should start with what you have already
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
you should start with what you have already

We should have gone beyond that long time ago, because when prices fall, that 200 billion looks like 50 billion and less.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by uniqueuser(m): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
I know the dollar is a global currency (sort of) but what about the Euros must it be dollar? Somebody should enlighten me abeg are their not business that accept the Euros in place of dollars.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Unibenfucker(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Venezuela comes to mind.

All state owned projects are in shabbles, ruins or abandoned halfway during construction. we export nothing and depend on oil.
Imaging working all your life to save 2 million only for inflation to hit and you can't buy ordinary bread for 2 milla. That's the case of Venezuela today..you need a million plus just to get a cup of coffee.

Import tractors, lots of it and start tiling land for free and giving them to people to cultivate, they pay tax after harvest. Give loans to farmers and fix electricity to attract foreign investors.
Also terrorism is one of the reason no one wants to invest in Nigeria.

Their money is so worthless 1Million bolivars for a coffee
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by okeysoninv: 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

We should have gone beyond that long time ago, because when prices fall, that 200 billion looks like 50 billion and less.
Nigeria gas reserve value is $850Trillion. No excuses to failure in government.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Nigeria gas reserve value is $850Trillion. No excuses to failure in government.

A government that does not make our nation a net exporter of manufactured goods is a failed government.
Re: $1 = 730 Naira??? Please What Makes Dollar Rise In Nigeria? by SU50: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAN Who Says God Has Delivered Him From Buhari, Deported From Canada For Killing / Finland Issues Warning To Simon Ekpa. The Time Is Here / FG Generated ₦‎193.59 Billion From The Solid Minerals Sector In 2021 - NEITI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.