Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling (1095 Views)

How Can I Have Genuine Salvation And New Life In Jesus? / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' / “I Did Not Know I Was Pregnant” – Nun Gives Birth, Names Baby After Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please how do I know I have genuine calling from God bcoz dis days u will see different people claiming God called them though some are True while some are not though we are all called but some have genuine calling how can someone know he or she is called by God genuinely thanks
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:
Please how do I know I have genuine calling from God bcoz dis days u will see different people claiming God called them though some are True while some are not though we are all called but some have genuine calling how can someone know he or she is called by God genuinely thanks
LOL, how exactly does someone with a genuine call from God come online to ask, how to know if they have a genuine call from God shocked

You didn't go to your pastor or man of God to verify the vision, calling or voice you heard?

God who called you did not direct you?

Or is your question, how can anyone not you know they have a genuine call from God.

Well one thing is that they won't seek the opinion of strangers or men but obey God's voice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:
First of all, what is it you term a genuine calling from God? undecided

Is it what you see of your many pastors and mogs doing or what? undecided
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by ojun50(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Like our unknown bishop
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
First of all, what is it you term a genuine calling from God? undecided

Is it what you see of your many pastors and mogs doing or what? undecided
Like wat are signs someone sees dat actually confirm he or she have genuine calling from God some people are just so devoted to things of God later dey said dey have been called some just do things when dey are unsuccessful dey come back and say dey are called my question is if we just love to do things of God or we try many things and failed is it an evidence we are called by God
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
LOL, how exactly does someone with a genuine call from God come online to ask, how to know if they have a genuine call from God shocked

You didn't go to your pastor or man of God to verify the vision, calling or voice you heard?

God who called you did not direct you?

Or is your question, how can anyone not you know they have a genuine call from God.

Well one thing is that they won't seek the opinion of strangers or men but obey God's voice
Okay when ur pastor tells u dat u have a genuine calling from God or u dreamt about dat is dat enough evidence u re genuinely called bcoz dis days many shouting am anoitted but u will be somehow suprise if u re devoted to things of God too those dat mean God called u bcoz to me I think people dat are truly called significantly different
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:
1. Like wat are signs someone sees dat actually confirm he or she have genuine calling from God some people are just so devoted to things of God later dey said dey have been called some just do things when dey are unsuccessful dey come back and say dey are called

2. my question is if we just love to do things of God or we try many things and failed is it an evidence we are called by God
Where in scripture is this calling you refer to described? undecided

2. First, what are these things of God that you say we are to do? undecided

Second, how does one measure failure as far as these things of God are concerned? undecided
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where in scripture is this calling you refer to described? undecided

To my understanding in Bible some are called to be apostle,teachers and so on

2. First, what are these things of God that you say we are to do? undecided[/quote]

Like if a kid just love singing all d time his parents will say surely dis child will surely be a musician in future so if someone just loves like attending all church programs studying screaptures and so on willingly dose dat mean he his a pastor, apostle what do ever

Second, how does one measure failure as far as these things of God are concerned? undecided[/quote]

Like today if some men of God tells u dere past dey may say dey are involve in dis dey fail in dat dey failed but dey find out dat it was God dat was calling dem.
Here is a life scenario why by my bro have been trying medicine for like 7 times with good jamb scores but not admitted but some pastor are saying it's God calling I just wanted to know how will I know God is calling me to do his work

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:

Okay when ur pastor tells u dat u have a genuine calling from God or u dreamt about dat is dat enough evidence u re genuinely called bcoz dis days many shouting am anoitted but u will be somehow suprise if u re devoted to things of God too those dat mean God called u bcoz to me I think people dat are truly called significantly different
you're right God calls people "differently" some directly (like a dream) and some through others–his servants, (like pastor u mentioned).

Then the question is that enough evidence, not really. A calling comes with confirmations, which are different for different people, Paul had his own, Gideon had his. So a person may have a personal encounter and still receive confirmation from others, and the other is what happens after they have obeyed God's call.

And lol shouting "am anointed" is not needed, anointing is something announces the anointed as a messenger of God and confirms the message.

I believe a genuine call as to do with motive and mission a person has or has received for going into ministry. A person with the motive of making money isn't called into ministry, or a person with a mission to be popular or wants to rebel, most times isn't called by God but by their desires and lusts

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:

Like wat are signs someone sees dat actually confirm he or she have genuine calling from God some people are just so devoted to things of God later dey said dey have been called some just do things when dey are unsuccessful dey come back and say dey are called my question is if we just love to do things of God or we try many things and failed is it an evidence we are called by God
failing in other things isn't always a sign a person is called, well, it is a sign for the stubborn and disobedient who wanna act like Jonah but God does force anyone to serve him, he may step in their way like he did baalam but it's still a person's choice to answer God's call.

Now being devoted is a good thing, every child of God should be devoted to do good in whatever area they find themselves. And as children of God we are all called from darkness into light. so every child of God should love God and the things of God, but there is something called burden for ministry, where your love leads you to serve and sacrifice more in an area than other would. A grace is given to do so, and the person because a gift to the body of Christ.

There are signs for different callings and offices, signs for the evangelists, signs for the prophets, signs for the bishops
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:

Like if a kid just love singing all d time his parents will say surely dis child will surely be a musician in future so if someone just loves like attending all church programs studying screaptures and so on willingly dose dat mean he his a pastor, apostle what do ever

Like today if some men of God tells u dere past dey may say dey are involve in dis dey fail in dat dey failed but dey find out dat it was God dat was calling dem.
Here is a life scenario why by my bro have been trying medicine for like 7 times with good jamb scores but not admitted but some pastor are saying it's God calling I just wanted to know how will I know God is calling me to do his work

A person's interests may be from God or be from worldly influence. And your brother may be heading in the wrong direction towards medicine and as a result is failing, but that doesn't mean he is called. Maybe he is destined to study pharmacy instead or something else, or maybe he isn't putting in the required work to succeed in medicine or certain things are stopping him from studying. All these cannot be based on assumptions but on prayers.

Now pastors saying he is called is one thing, if he himself doesn't put it in prayers, even if he is called he may still fail in that calling
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:

If we're to go by the Old Testament God surely called some people precisely but according to Jesus of Nazareth God is calling all kinds of people today, and the only way God does that is through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ who established a preaching and teaching campaign globally {Hebrews 1:1} his disciples are going to visit their neighbours at home. Matthew 10:11-13

Those that rejects them has rejected God's calling period!
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Obafavour(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:

To my understanding in Bible some are called to be apostle,teachers and so on

2. First, what are these things of God that you say we are to do? undecided

Second, how does one measure failure as far as these things of God are concerned? undecided

God bless you my brother.
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Obafavour(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:
According to my understanding for you to know if you are a vessel God want to use like the early apostles i think you should try what happened in "Acts 2:1 & matthew 4:1-2" it might not be neccessary 40 days just do it as the spirit direct and if you experience "Acts 2:3-4" then there's possibility you are vessel God want to use.
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
famozine1:
1. To my understanding in Bible some are called to be apostle,teachers and so on

2. Like if a kid just love singing all d time his parents will say surely dis child will surely be a musician in future so if someone just loves like attending all church programs studying screaptures and so on willingly dose dat mean he his a pastor, apostle what do ever

3. Like today if some men of God tells u dere past dey may say dey are involve in dis dey fail in dat dey failed but dey find out dat it was God dat was calling dem.
1. First of all Jesus, Jesus Christ never said such to His followers.

Second, the only time God Himself supposedly called individuals to different offices was as part of His Old Covenant Law of Moses where He assigned members of the tribe of Levi to various offices in His service, but that was only for the Jews. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask anyone to build churches in His name nor did He command your church services and attendance. So it follows that a child singing in what is your choir rings while attending your church programs and all isn't doing any of what Jesus Christ commanded of His own. undecided

3. Following the scenario you presented, are those mogs somehow telling you that Jesus Christ is trying to force your brother into doing work which He is not written to have called anyone of His own followers to doing? undecided

Hope you see now why it is important to check everything you read against what God infact said in scripture. undecided
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 4:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. First of all Jesus, Jesus Christ never said such to His followers.

Second, the only time God Himself supposedly called individuals to different offices was as part of His Old Covenant Law of Moses where He assigned members of the tribe of Levi to various offices in His service, but that was only for the Jews. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask anyone to build churches in His name nor did He command your church services and attendance. So it follows that a child singing in what is your choir rings while attending your church programs and all isn't doing any of what Jesus Christ commanded of His own. undecided

3. Following the scenario you presented, are those mogs somehow telling you that Jesus Christ is trying to force your brother into doing work which He is not written to have called anyone of His own followers to doing? undecided

Hope you see now why it is important to check everything you read against what God infact said in scripture. undecided
Wow u said it all thanks
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 4:29am On Jul 28, 2022
gohf:
you're right God calls people "differently" some directly (like a dream) and some through others–his servants, (like pastor u mentioned).

Then the question is that enough evidence, not really. A calling comes with confirmations, which are different for different people, Paul had his own, Gideon had his. So a person may have a personal encounter and still receive confirmation from others, and the other is what happens after they have obeyed God's call.

And lol shouting "am anointed" is not needed, anointing is something announces the anointed as a messenger of God and confirms the message.

I believe a genuine call as to do with motive and mission a person has or has received for going into ministry. A person with the motive of making money isn't called into ministry, or a person with a mission to be popular or wants to rebel, most times isn't called by God but by their desires and lusts
Thanks bro u shared more light
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 4:49am On Jul 28, 2022
Thanks everyone wats brought up my question is if u re someone who is always coming to church regularly u attend most programs or u re someone who tries to get up but not dat easy d next vison pastors will tell u is u have a calling which somehow confuse me bcoz many made evangelist,pastors prophet are main reason today why some unbeliever never believe even some believers backslide out dere we have so very many people claiming God called them but looking at them you will somehow be confused like how is this possible if u check how the preach dere way of life and so on though real men of God sometimes too backslide but u will know dat this one backslided
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 4:50am On Jul 28, 2022
Yesterday u will see someone evangelist today na pastor tomorrow he don become prophet I will now be wondering watin happen
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by AntiChristian: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2022
famozine1:
Yesterday u will see someone evangelist today na pastor tomorrow he don become prophet I will now be wondering watin happen

Na transition happen! Forward ever backwards never!

Wetin remain after prophet.?
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by famozine1: 7:08am On Jul 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Na transition happen! Forward ever backwards never!

Wetin remain after prophet.?
Baba na apostle after small god grin
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
famozine1:
Paul, not Jesus Christ, is the one who supposedly authored the "titled" system of callings that are used in your churches today. Hence the confusion that is your churches since Jesus Christ never commanded such a thing. So, those of you who worship Paul's opinions, do so at the detriment of your relationship with Jesus Christ. undecided

And if you think there are men who are exceptions to the rule, think again. All of your pastors and mogs have at one time or another transitioned from one title to another all in a big to claim more and more. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Paul, not Jesus Christ, is the one who supposedly authored the "titled" system of callings that are used in your churches today. Hence the confusion that is your churches since Jesus Christ never commanded such a thing. So, those of you who worship Paul's opinions, do so at the detriment of your relationship with Jesus Christ. undecided

And if you think there are men who are exceptions to the rule, think again. All of your pastors and mogs have at one time or another transitioned from one title to another all in a big to claim more and more. undecided

This would be like the third time you have written "Jesus never commanded" something that was actually written in the new testament by his followers.

Are you saying that only the gospels records Jesus commands and he stopped speaking? Meaning he didn't even speak in Revelations

Or are you saying you are one who knows all the commands and you are better than Paul that wrote 13 books of the new testament?
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
gohf:
This would be like the third time you have written "Jesus never commanded" something that was actually written in the new testament by his followers.

1. Are you saying that only the gospels records Jesus commands and he stopped speaking? Meaning he didn't even speak in Revelations

2. Or are you saying you are one who knows all the commands and you are better than Paul that wrote 13 books of the new testament?
1. It means God's New Covenant Law was finished and ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared it so and died on the cross. And so no man has authority to add, change or even remove from that which He decreed. undecided

Even that which is supposedly stated to have been spoken of Jesus Christ in Revelations cannot change or conflict with that which is recorded as God's Law and New Covenant recorded of in the 4 Gospels. undecided

2. Paul was just a man like you and like any other follower of Jesus Christ, not a god for you to worship or follow in any way or form. undecided

His opinions are what are recorded in those 13 texts you see there and nothing more since they do not overrule in any way God's given Law, Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Lighthouse50: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2022
Sometimes our churches in africa are just comedy. Truly God do call people for service but out of 100, hardly will you see 4 who patiently waited to know the message they are to render. 96% just claim they receive call from God and starts a church. To make it simpler, imagine a company called someone for interview and he goes to the company to resume work, such will never get paid. We are called by GOD For different purposes but people dont wait to get tested and given a specific task before they build church. Some are called to assist an apostle, some are called to correct a church, snme are called for healing but they dont wait to get their task before starting. NOTE: WHEN GOD CALLS YOU, IT ONLY MEAN HE HAS CONSIDERED YOU FOR A TASK. Its a period you draw close to him to get the task. Before acting. DONT FORGET THAT MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN....
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. It means God's New Covenant Law was finished and ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared it so and died on the cross. And so no man has authority to add, change or even remove from that which He decreed. undecided

Even that which is supposedly stated to have been spoken of Jesus Christ in Revelations cannot change or conflict with that which is recorded as God's Law and New Covenant recorded of in the 4 Gospels. undecided

2. Paul was just a man like you and like any other follower of Jesus Christ, not a god for you to worship or follow in any way or form. undecided

His opinions are what are recorded in those 13 texts you see there and nothing more since they do not overrule in any way God's given Law, Jesus Christ. undecided
a part was finished when he died, but he still rose, so the story and God's word is not over. The end of a day doesn't mean the end of God speaking, there were 5 more days before he rested.

Jesus wrote no books in the Bible, they were written by God's servants, of course no one has the authority to remove or add to God's word, but God still lives and still speaks and still gives the Spirit to those willing, the Spirit that brings words and instructions from God.

True there is no conflict in God's word, be is written by Moses or by Matthew or by Peter, John or Paul or those who live today who are children of God.

2. Isn't it stupid to think that because men follow the instructions and words of God's prophets and apostles, some should think they are gods or are treated as such. They were sent as lights as Jesus was sent to lead and direct God's People, and they receive whatever honor God deems due to them. Whether Paul, Samson, Malachi, Joshua, Jesus, Elijah or Jude were men like us, no wait they were even men like every other man because they had God's spirit with them, leading them and leading others through them.

Now I agree Paul writes his opinions at times not all he wrote were opinions, just as in the old testament men wrote their thoughts down as they also wrote God's word down in them. The important question is what inspires what is written, what is the purpose of it, does it agree with God's nature of love or does it yeild and lead to lust and wickedness.

So except you can show that all Paul wrote were opinions and none were teaching from scripture and those opinions were not stated to mislead, then you have no basis for your statements
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Sometimes our churches in africa are just comedy. Truly God do call people for service but out of 100, hardly will you see 4 who patiently waited to know the message they are to render. 96% just claim they receive call from God and starts a church. To make it simpler, imagine a company called someone for interview and he goes to the company to resume work, such will never get paid. We are called by GOD For different purposes but people dont wait to get tested and given a specific task before they build church. Some are called to assist an apostle, some are called to correct a church, snme are called for healing but they dont wait to get their task before starting. NOTE: WHEN GOD CALLS YOU, IT ONLY MEAN HE HAS CONSIDERED YOU FOR A TASK. Its a period you draw close to him to get the task. Before acting. DONT FORGET THAT MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN....
exactly
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
gohf:
1. a part was finished when he died, but he still rose, so the story and God's word is not over. The end of a day doesn't mean the end of God speaking, there were 5 more days before he rested.

2. Jesus wrote no books in the Bible, they were written by God's servants, of course no one has the authority to remove or add to God's word, but God still lives and still speaks and still gives the Spirit to those willing, the Spirit that brings words and instructions from God.

3. True there is no conflict in God's word, be is written by Moses or by Matthew or by Peter, John or Paul or those who live today who are children of God.
1. You are not making any sense at all. Jesus Christ declared God's New Covenant/Law ratified and finished when His blood was shed on the cross. There was not part of it that remained unfinished after that. undecided

2. You dey comprehend at all? undecided

No man has authority to add or change or remove from that which God has decreed. Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law and Gospel and that Gospel is eternal meaning it will never change - God will never change His Law in any way, not by Himself or through any man.. undecided

3. And the Word of God refers only to that which comes from the Mouth of God Himself aka Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by gohf: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You are not making any sense at all. Jesus Christ declared God's New Covenant/Law ratified and finished when His blood was shed on the cross. There was not part of it that remained unfinished after that. undecided

No man has authority to add or change or remove from that which God has decreed. Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law and Gospel and that Gospel is eternal meaning it will never change - God will never change His Law in any way, not by Himself or through any man.. undecided

3. And the Word of God refers only to that which comes from the Mouth of God Himself aka Jesus Christ. undecided

Who said anything about changing anything, and oh the fact the world still exists thousands of years after means God is not done yet. Like is that hard for you to understand, read your revelations.

No the word of God is what comes from God Himself, and Jesus is the word that comes from God and Christ dwells in us, for the Spirit will give us what to say.

You have limited yourself, if Abraham stopped listening to God he may killed Isaac.

Since this simple words don't make any sense to you, you either learn or remain stubborn. And stubbornness is idotary and iniquity, you misrepresent God by lack of knowledge that you insist not to gain from Him.

Even Jesus after he rose taught them. Even the things they couldn't understand the Spirit led them. The commands we must obey are those given from Christ Jesus but he gave no table of stones but he gave us his spirit and the offices as gifts to the body of Christ, men like Peter, John, Stephen, Phillip, Timothy and Jude
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
gohf:
Who said anything about changing anything, and oh the fact the world still exists thousands of years after means God is not done yet. Like is that hard for you to understand, read your revelations.

No the word of God is what comes from God Himself, and Jesus is the word that comes from God and Christ dwells in us, for the Spirit will give us what to say.

You have limited yourself, if Abraham stopped listening to God he may killed Isaac.

Since this simple words don't make any sense to you, you either learn or remain stubborn. And stubbornness is idotary and iniquity, you misrepresent God by lack of knowledge that you insist not to gain from Him.

Even Jesus after he rose taught them. Even the things they couldn't understand the Spirit led them. The commands we must obey are those given from Christ Jesus but he gave no table of stones but he gave us his spirit and the offices as gifts to the body of Christ, men like Peter, John, Stephen, Phillip, Timothy and Jude
I see you are just here to ramble on and on without first ensuring you have clear understanding of what it is you read. undecided

Again...1. You are not making any sense at all. Jesus Christ declared God's New Covenant/Law ratified and finished when His blood was shed on the cross. There was not part of it that remained unfinished after that. undecided

Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by BrokenEggShell: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Thank you, I have recently been very confused recently as to the numerous contradictions between the letters of the epistles, and I had already realized that they were just personal opinions of the authors, but I still couldn't organize my thoughts on the issue. This has helped me fully clear my confusion on the issue.

I don't have anything to add to the discussion.
Re: How Do I Know I Have Genuine Calling by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
BrokenEggShell:
Thank you, I have recently been very confused recently as to the numerous contradictions between the letters of the epistles, and I had already realized that they were just personal opinions of the authors, but I still couldn't organize my thoughts on the issue. This has helped me fully clear my confusion on the issue.

I don't have anything to add to the discussion.
Paul's letters were his way of joining in on what were discussions in much the same we here on nairaland partake, expressing his opinions on various issues in the lives of believers, only his comments ended up printed by the churches of men as if part of the collection of messages by and from God when they were in fact not meant to be taken as such. And thus began the confusion that is taken as Christianity today. undecided

Indeed much of what is contained in those letters directly conflict with the teachings of Jesus Christ, while there are numerous attempts to add to God's LA as given by Jesus Christ, which is what the Gospel really is. So whoever submits and obeys Paul letters does so in worship of Paul and not Jesus Christ, who instead taught that those who belong to Him are instead those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Is Bullshit / What Does Repentance Really Mean In Your Own Religion Or Worldview? / Virgins Needed To Prevent Predicted Lagos Flooding - Spiritualis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.