Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Should He Move In With His Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Move In With His Wife? (2581 Views)

Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by advanceDNA: 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Tell him to rent another place and visit his family every weekend. Women do not respect men they help or cater for, she might act all kind now but down the line her negative traits will surface. It's how they all act.

Person wey no get money or job dey rent house?? He should swallow his pride and thank God he has a landing in his down time..

Women will be women...they are not wired to be the sole breadwinners ...it makes them feel cheated and defensive....

.but that doesnt mean she will wake up and send him out.... the nigga should go and focus on getting his life back and build trust with his wife...instead of lookimg foe how to complicate the marriage by living elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
Axis313:

Actually since things went south for the man,and the wife became the breadwinner of the family,the wife actually behaving rudely towards him, that's why I think at least he should reach an agreement with her to keep the documents if at all he's going to live under her roof.
But,it's just an advice sha,he is considering other options.
Was a disagreement regarding land ownership to begin with that you felt to bring up the land documents in this? undecided

Did the women claim the land belonged to her alone since she funded much of the cost for the house built on it? lipsrsealed

Na so una dey begin wahala where wahala no dey at all be this? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Mindlog: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Was a disagreement regarding land ownership to begin with that you felt to bring up the land documents in this? undecided

Did the women claim the land belonged to her alone since she funded much of the cost for the house built on it? lipsrsealed

Na so una dey begin wahala where wahala no dey at all be this? undecided

From the narration, the land upon which the house near completion was built on was bought by the woman, it is different from the one she and her husband was building on before he lost his job.

So the land documents is in her name.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Mindlog:
From the narration, the land upon which the house near completion was built on was bought by the woman, it is different from the one she and her husband was building on before he lost he lost his job.

So the land documents is in her name.
I am trying to understand the reason for the land document mention is what. If the land on which her property is built is not the husband's, why did OP mention the husband's own land document in this undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by somenody: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2022
so she saw her husband struggling to find something to do to help the family,
she had Money to buy land,
to build on it, complete the building

and couldn't help her husband open up a business, couldn't invest in the man.
unless he was not business oriented or lazy she was a terrible person and a bad wife. The fact that she kept insulting him adds to my verdict .

If he goes With her she will destroy his confidence completely and then kick him out for the slightest reasons.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by MadarasBlade(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

Person wey no get money or job dey rent house?? He should swallow his pride and thank God he has a landing in his down time..

Women will be women...they are not wired to be the sole breadwinners ...it makes them feel cheated and defensive....

.but that doesnt mean she will wake up and send him out.... the nigga should go and focus on getting his life back and build trust with his wife...instead of lookimg foe how to complicate the marriage by living elsewhere

So you suggests that he moves in with a wife that insults him at any given chance?

I think he's better alone.

I continue to tell men, if you don't have money, sorry for you,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by NoToPile: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
Axis313:

Actually since things went south for the man,and the wife became the breadwinner of the family,the wife actually behaving rudely towards him, that's why I think at least he should reach an agreement with her to keep the document s if at all he's going to live under her roof.

I actually find it very funny you keep talking about this keeping the documents if he's going to live there.
What exactly does it achieve, boost his ego, change the fact that his wife owns the house? what exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by NoToPile: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
MadarasBlade:

So you suggests that he moves in with a wife that insults him at any given chance?

Then where does he get the money to live alone? All he needs is a job.

I don't understand why we are not being realistic.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by advanceDNA: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
MadarasBlade:

It's his ego that's talking...the woman doesn't insult him at any given chance...
..she fends for the home..he eats...she even built a house and say they should stop paying rent and you all are trying to paint her as a devil...

.have you not heard men that say their wife insult them even though the man pays all the bills... thats woman for you.... they always have small madness...

its the man's ego and sitution that's making him notice small things he should ignore in his wife's behaviour

Okay.. where does he want to stay...??
He has no money...no job...

This woman is his wife not an outsider...
I dont know why you people are blowing it out of proportion......

what do you think the marriage will turn to when the man says he's not moving in with his family but going to the village..remember he has no job to pay rent ...so how will he stay near his family....?? Please answer..

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by MadarasBlade(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
NoToPile:

Then where does he get the money to live alone? All he needs is a job.

I don't understand why we are not being realistic.
And i understand why you're not realistic.
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by x2x2(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
If you have a time and data spare,then its time for you to start earning in dollars..

Its might not be too big,but it can pay some bills.. That's the link below.....
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Put himself in what way? Does he no longer intend to stay married to the wife or what?, undecided

Can you stay with an abusive partner under her roof? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by PrayerMasterKey: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
Op has been shouting document document.
What's he planning to do with the document? What will change if he holds it? All the woman will do is give him a copy or outrightly refuse.

If she built a house without him knowing,she may be fine with moving into it without him coming along as well.She has him by the balls,she knows he has no money to rent his own place, so he isn't in a position to give ultimatums.

Maybe he should go back to his parents house and operate from there.

It might be better than living in the oppression the OP has described.

4 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Can you stay with an abusive partner under her roof? undecided
First of all, the narrative provided in the OP here seems to be coming from, not the husband in the marriage but an outsider whose idea of abuse seems to be warped by the delusion that a husband is meant to be a god over his wife. undecided

Second, if the man is indeed in what is an abusive relationship then he ought instead to seek an out from the marriage itself, and his friend, the OP ought to advice him along the same lines but it doesn't seem to be an option any of them are even considering. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by lilyheaven: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
She had so much money to buy a new a land , when they had one already.
At least she would have used the money to start a new business for her husband.
Then develop the land they had already.
I wonder where all the love they shared with travelled to?
crackhaus:
Funny stuff...

I'm more concerned that she bought a land, developed it, and subsequently started building a house on it almost to completion before bringing it to his attention.

This may seem okay to most people going by the comments above (and that's a pointer to how fvcked up our mentalities about marriage have become)... I however, consider it a red flag.
Even if she didn't think he could support financially, he definitely could have been of some help with some materials purchase and supervising/managing the workers at the construction site.

Tell your family friend he MUST not move into that new property else whatever he "claims" he is facing now will be like child's play compared to what he'll encounter if he moves with her. He should sort himself out.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Jul 29, 2022
lilyheaven:
Dem tell you say the man problem be say him need money to start a new business ni? undecided

Develop the land they already had? Land which you lot insist belongs to him regardless of what she does to it? undecided

What love where told they shared? So since childhood till now you never yet figure out say no be every marriage dey built on love particularly where one person is expected to live in submission to another by society and not by choice?. undecided

What the frell is wrong with the educational system that it keeps churning out half-baked minds abeg? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by lilyheaven: 12:20am On Jul 29, 2022
This one is looking for who to stroll with.
Na dream land I dey , come and meet me inside dream.
Kobojunkie:
Dem tell you say the man problem be say him need money to start a new business ni? undecided

Develop the land they already had? Land which you lot insist belongs to him regardless of what she does to it? undecided

What love where you they shared? So since childhood till now you never yet figure out say no be every marriage dey built on love particularly where one particular is expected to live in submission to another by society and not by choice?. undecided

What the frell is wrong with the educational system that it keeps churning out half baked minds abeg? undecided
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Jul 29, 2022
lilyheaven:
This one is looking for who to stroll with.
Na dream land I dey , come and meet me inside dream.
Given what you have expressed so far of the contents of that your mental, I would instead opt for one of them psychedelic trips abeg! At least my mind go know well say na delusion I dey dig well, no confusion.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Ahmed0336(m): 6:47am On Jul 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
First of all, the narrative provided in the OP here seems to be coming from, not the husband in the marriage but an outsider whose idea of abuse seems to be warped by the delusion that a husband is meant to be a god over his wife. undecided

Second, if the man is indeed in what is an abusive relationship then he ought instead to seek an out from the marriage itself, and his friend, the OP ought to advice him along the same lines but it doesn't seem to be an option any of them are even considering. undecided
Married?
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by crackhaus: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2022
lilyheaven:
It's on sabbatical.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by lilyheaven: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
Onye Nigeria
Kobojunkie:
Given what you have expressed so far of the contents of that your mental, I would instead opt for one of them psychedelic trips abeg! At least my mind go know well say na delusion I dey dig well, no confusion.. undecided
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Saintmary(f): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Axis313:

Actually since things went south for the man,and the wife became the breadwinner of the family,the wife actually behaving rudely towards him,that's why I think at least he should reach an agreement with her to keep the documents if at all he's going to live under her roof.

Whoever came up with the idea of collecting a woman's house documents, her hard earned sweat, is an evil person.

Can any man hand over his house documents to his own wife for any reason?

I don't know the kind of weak women who are marrying horrid men like this!

If he can't tolerate her, he should walk away naw.

Haba

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Saintmary(f): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Axis313:

Actually since things went south for the man,and the wife became the breadwinner of the family,the wife actually behaving rudely towards him,that's why I think at least he should reach an agreement with her to keep the documents if at all he's going to live under her roof.

Whoever came up with the idea of collecting a woman's house documents, her hard earned sweat, is an evil person.

Can any man hand over his house documents to his own wife for any reason?

I don't know the kind of weak women who are marrying horrid men like this!

If he can't tolerate her, he should walk away naw.

Haba mana

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Saintmary(f): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

You keep repeating this "keep the document"
What will now happen if he keeps the document and they fight....will he claim ownership of house that doesn't belong to him??

Marriage is a risk...if it works out ...fine
If not...move on...what he should be doing now is getting back on his feet...

.not living life in fear and seeing his wife as his potential enemy that will eject him soon.....

he doesnt even trust the woman seff...the marriage cannot last with his current mindset...

I don't see that marriage lasting either.

It's toxic to both of them.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Saintmary(f): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Men and women live in different planets, our way of thinking is so different.

A woman will easily understand your point, but men will not.

1 Like

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by advanceDNA: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2022
Saintmary:

Men and women live in different planets, our way of thinking is so different.

A woman will easily understand your point, but men will not.

Only men with trust issues and ego problem will have a problem with something this simple..
.i know some women sometimes have a problem providing for a man not doing anything...but she has been doing it and has even built a place for them....

.another lady would have looked for a way to fight with the man..so that he won't move with her and her kids to the new house...but she was still supportive...

U are having a down time....ur wife is doing fine...shes your wife...not an outsider or a roommate you met on campus....why is afraid of her all of a sudden...Unless he has been wicked to her before when he had money....

this type of stuff happens like everyday....and I've seen men that never get back on their feet...its as if God paired such people so that whem downtime comes the other person can take the baton

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Saintmary(f): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Only men with trust issues and ego problem will have a problem with something this simple..
.i know some women sometimes have a problem providing for a man not doing anything...but she has been doing it and has even built a place for them....

.another lady would have looked for a way to fight with the man..so that he won't move with her and her kids to the new house...but she was still supportive...

U are having a down time....ur wife is doing fine...shes your wife...not an outsider or a roommate you met on campus....why is afraid of her all of a sudden...Unless he has been wicked to her before when he had money....

this type of stuff happens like everyday....and I've seen men that never get back on their feet...its as if God paired such people so that whem downtime comes the other person can take the baton

See, I get you

But a lot of factors contributed to the sorry state of the mental health of most of these men, so, rather than waste my energy doing unpaid psychoanalysis, I'd focus on having a relaxing Friday evening, what do you think?
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
These are problems for people that do his and hers in marriage. If it was theirs from the beginning, there would have been no issues.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2022
Most likely
advanceDNA:

why is afraid of her all of a sudden...Unless he has been wicked to her before when he had money....

2 Likes

Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by advanceDNA: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
Saintmary:

See, I get you

But a lot of factors contributed to the sorry state of the mental health of most of these men, so, rather than waste my energy doing unpaid psychoanalysis, I'd focus on having a relaxing Friday evening, what do you think?

Lol....thank God it's Friday...having a relaxing evening is always the aim....
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Married?
Well, duh! They are married. undecided
Re: Should He Move In With His Wife? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
If you check very well like really well, you'll realize that the woman most probably did nothing wrong.

This toxic gender ideological construct that has been formed by the society to put the value of a man on his financial capabilities has made men feel useless when they can't provide.

When a man can't provide for himself and his family, he feels useless, worthless, lazy, angry, and irrational.

He believes that there is an attack on his "manhood" when asked to help out in the home. In the process, he leaves everything for his wife.

The woman, being a human being that she is LASHES out by either verbal abuses or refusal to have sex and that is when the problem starts.

The sad thing is that nobody cares to know the cause only the reaction and so the woman is seen as a demon.

Although there are exceptions to this but this is what happens most of the time.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Who Ran Into Burning House To Save Baby Twins Gets Burned Beyond Recognit / Torn Between Two Chief Bridesmaid / Woman Hugged And Kissed An African Lion –– A 17-stone Lion, Named Jupiter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.