Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? (567 Views)

My Friend Bought A Used Car From A Friend Which Had No Custom Duty / Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by matt4good: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
What to do - No Custom's documents for Shuttle Buses?

I am here at Ladipo, Lagos - trying to buy a shuttle bus.
The budget for this is between 1.5 to 2.0.

I asked the sellers about Custom's documents - that I need to
verify the custom's paper regarding payment of duties on the bus before
buying any. I do not want to have any problems with Nigerian customs.

I have been just told - by multiple sellers at Ladipo - that they do not give
Custom's papers for shuttle buses; that shuttle buses are imported into the country as spare parts,
and then assembled in Nigeria. That the only documents I will receive are receipts
and change of ownership documents.

I understand that the shuttle buses come as spare parts ...

Questions:
(1) But what if I run into customs guys and they ask about custom's papers?
(2) What if I go to register the shuttle bus to get plate number and other documents and they ask about custom's paper?
(3) What if I drive the shuttle bus from Lagos to Anambra - how am I going to handle Custom's guys?

Guys with experience, please I need your advice. I don't want to be at the mercy of Custom's people.
I am afraid that the shuttle bus risk being impounded, so a big risk of losing 1.5 - 2.0 in the future.

Thanks!
Re: What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by omakay(m): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2022
The problem here is not the customs duty documents. The problem is actually your location of purchase . You should be buying that vehicle in Anambra not in Lagos .
Re: What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by nurey(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2022
matt4good:
What to do - No Custom's documents for Shuttle Buses?

I am here at Ladipo, Lagos - trying to buy a shuttle bus.
The budget for this is between 1.5 to 2.0.

I asked the sellers about Custom's documents - that I need to
verify the custom's paper regarding payment of duties on the bus before
buying any. I do not want to have any problems with Nigerian customs.

I have been just told - by multiple sellers at Ladipo - that they do not give
Custom's papers for shuttle buses; that shuttle buses are imported into the country as spare parts,
and then assembled in Nigeria. That the only documents I will receive are receipts
and change of ownership documents.

I understand that the shuttle buses come as spare parts ...

Questions:
(1) But what if I run into customs guys and they ask about custom's papers?
(2) What if I go to register the shuttle bus to get plate number and other documents and they ask about custom's paper?
(3) What if I drive the shuttle bus from Lagos to Anambra - how am I going to handle Custom's guys?

Guys with experience, please I need your advice. I don't want to be at the mercy of Custom's people.
I am afraid that the shuttle bus risk being impounded, so a big risk of losing 1.5 - 2.0 in the future.

Thanks!

Nobody would give you custom docs for those korope as we call them because they arrive as CKD/spare parts form.

Even when buying tokunbo you just pick a sample pay and they couple it for you a day or 2days depending.

Go to your state and buy there
Re: What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by homeboy205: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
We bought one tokunbo I flat back at Ladipo this February for my friend pure water business. I was surprised when they said no custom papers.

Truly the motor always come in part, it is been joined by welder in Ladipo there. We had to wait another 5-7 days before we can pick it up.

Id advise you ship the part down to anambra and assemble there

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Rav 4 / Car Talk / Toyota,nissan And Golf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.