Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! (829 Views)

Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! by temi900(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2007
Hi fellow nairalanders. Correct me if im wrong but i think Oprah winfrey is tripping. What have we (Nigerians) done to deserve the treatment she is giving us? I say this because she has being going around trying to paint Nigeria and her citizens in a bad light by telling anyone who cares to listen that all Nigerians are corrupt irrespective of age, class , profession e.t.c. and urged the U.S. to break all economic ties with Nigeria. I learnt she even sponsored a program on CNN tagged "How to rob a bank" where Nigerians were being potrayed as those behind many of the bank robberies in the United States. Im really pissed off about this because many Nigerians especially the ladies love her and in some cases idolise her. We watch her programs a lot and adore her but is this the way to treat us because of the crimes of only a fraction of Nigerians? I don't think so! Suffice it to say that Nigerians are Hard working people of high integrity; The records are there to show in the medical and educational sectors of the United states economy but instead of her to investigate properly, she is quick to judge the whole country and to sentence us to the gallows.If you take a critical look at the American society, most of the crimes are committed by the hispanics, black americans and even the white americans as evidenced in crime investigation programs by FBI files, The prosecutors, crime watch, Anatomy of crime e.t.c I think Oprah needs to get a wake up call! or What do you think?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! by simplyme3(f): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
she aint only tripping - she a slave child - leave her alone.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
she's an 'ajereke'-sugarcane eater.

I think we need to padlock her mouth like they used to do back in those days. She's been saying all kinds of unintelligent things, of late.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! by Eastcoast(f): 12:54am On Aug 15, 2007
Do you all realize that your criticizing the "queen of all media"? How can she do any wrong? You realize many middle class women are worshipping at her feet. Just kidding, but it has been a while since I last read or heard any negative criticism of her.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Is Tripping! by locoman(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2007
Make una leave Ophra alone na frustration dey worry am. If we should access her by what had happened to her in time past, we could conclude that "All US citizens are junkies, rapist, prostitute and criminals.

(1) (Reply)

Speaker Etteh To Hold Birthday Bash In Bowie, Us? / Progress Comes With The Right Mindset / Efcc As A Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.