Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,473 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead (27342 Views)

Buhari’s Order: Sowore Asks Osinbajo To Resign / APC Crisis: Buhari Asks Osinbajo To Intervene / You Can’t Increase VAT, Tinubu Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by NyamiriSlayer(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
Antoeni:
Dead Man, Late Bola Ahmed Tinubu
aah aah, may the soul of your useless father rest in hell ooh
take heart obidaft, Tinubu is coming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by bhella10: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
SmellyNyash:

Coming to kee u and ur family
Be prepared for the premium tears in 2023 BAT year

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Tradernaija1: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2022
Story teller
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Tradernaija1: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
take heart obidaft, Tinubu is coming

TinuBandit will never rule Nigeria.

He's the worst of what Yoruba have.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okay.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Khaysee: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
They just want to give policy that will make BAT loose see ASUU strike
Buhari no nice

4k Turkey shirt pod
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Coldie(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
Scam.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by storm001(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okealaaye:

Osinbajo is the Head of the Economic Council, because the Economy and its management fall under his purview. Didn't you go to school?

I learnt you have first class in mathematics, but you failed to tell me how the daughter of a 70 years old Tinubu is 62 years old.

Affliction will not rise again.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by ASIWAJULEMIFORS: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
Igbayilaaro! After benefitting massively from all the impoverishing policies of the government ( party) whose national leader he has been for almost eight years !
Nigerian politicians will take the citizens of the country for nonentities !

Lions in the sheep" clothings as elections approch.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Emir01: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
This is different from container economy. Once you're brilliant you're brilliant. Forget about it. The incoming president has spoken. This is a practical solution not comparing Angola with Singapore and china with Aba. Local problem requires local solution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Jagaban0329: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
Most of the commenters don't even know what he is saying and somehow claim to be young and vibrant. ASIWAJU is coming is high time you come to terms with it

Incoming president In sha Allah

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Alajiki(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Look at these ancestor that wants to be president by fire by force tongue undecided tongue

Casava agbado republic will be Tinubu final resting place after the next presidential elections in Nigeria.

Yinmu!

If you are not nursing the fear that he could win the election, why are you fixated on him?

Promote your candidate.

Leave Tinubu alone.

No matter what you say, he has his political structure, base and foot soldiers who will work for him. So, stop dissipating energy on Tinubu, roll up your sleeves and get down to the trenches to do real work - start door to door consultation and sensitization if you really want Obi to have mileage in this election. If you do not do that, Obi will inadvertently hand Tinubu the presidency because the candidate that will be affected most by Obi's candidacy is Atiku who had always enjoyed block votes from Ndigbo before now. Tinubu's is not looking for Ndigbo's votes, southwest is there fore him.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by TheRareGem1(f): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okealaaye:

Osinbajo is the Head of the Economic Council, because the Economy and its management fall under his purview. Didn't you go to school?

I always laugh when I see comment like this, I just Laugh..... Governance, and chain of commend is not rocket science.... At NEC, the VP chairs all meeting with all state governors, CBN governor, finance minister and others are in attendance where all of them deliberate on series of topics... The VP ONLY seek for update and give suggestion in a few cases.... The minister provide the economic know how even at FEC she still table it to all executive and approval lies on Mr President. The vice President doesn't have power to say Yes and no. The president does.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by seunmsg(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

Like many Under-30s, supporting BOLA TINUBU ahead of 2023 would mean preserving the old order when several younger and more appealing candidates could lead us come 2023.

His 11th colloquium pro-people advice to the VP on VAT increase triggered me and got me digging.

“Really?”

What is wrong with the advice? Let’s discuss the merits and demerits of the advice.

6 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by seunmsg(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
storm001:

I learnt you have first class in mathematics, but you failed to tell me how the daughter of a 70 years old Tinubu is 62 years old.

What is the name of the Tinubu’s daughter that is 62 years and where is the evidence that she’s 62?

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
storm001:

You mean the daughter of your incoming PRESIDENT? I advise that you get used to the fact of it. Continue to rant on the Internet when every reasonable Nigerian can see on whose side the pendulum is swinging. Peter Obi for president? Maybe in 2034, and that only with the full support of the Yoruba you people love to hate. You think to become president na small matter?

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Tflex01: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
seunmsg:

What is wrong with the advice? Let’s discuss the merits and demerits of the advice.

And you think they will understand grin

They just want to curse Tinubu. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by vaxx: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CtQD1V3Ik

Like many Under-30s, supporting BOLA TINUBU ahead of 2023 would mean preserving the old order when several younger and more appealing candidates could lead us come 2023.

His 11th colloquium pro-people advice to the VP on VAT increase triggered me and got me digging.

“Really?”

https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1538159678479384578?t=y0vRJdWkF_ryWJiCZ5wiug&s=19
The only thing developed nation keep doing now is widen of taxes. I know no one like taxes but that is the only viable option for a prosperous economy, widen up the tax , get enough money thru it , spend it at best, Use it up to gain ownership of things that are NOT as subject to the whims of speculators and make more money back to the economy . And the economy blossom for the citizens to enjoy.

If Tinubu really say this , then he knows what he is really saying

9 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by 9iceprince(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu
20m loyal slaves in Lagos since 1999.
Edo no be Lagos!!!!
Osun no be Lagos!!!
Nigeria no be Lagos!!!

You never said this during 2018 election in OSUN

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by pharmagba: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

“Really?”

https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1538159678479384578?t=y0vRJdWkF_ryWJiCZ5wiug&s=19

Tinubu urchins at again
Or is it dementia that is finally taking full control
Wetin concern. Osinbajo for this matter?
Is Osinbajo the president?

Is Tinubu afraid to mention Buhari again?
Nonsense!
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by baretalk: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Brilliant, genius not by talking too much.

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Tflex01: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
vaxx:
The only thing developed nation keep doing now is widen of taxes. I know no one like taxes but that is the only viable option for a prosperous economy, widen up the tax , get enough money thru it , spend it at best, Use it up to gain ownership of things that are NOT as subject to the whims of speculators and make more money back to the economy . And the economy blossom for the citizens to enjoy.

If Tinubu really say this , then he knows what he is really saying

Lol you think Tinubu supporters are not smart? They are.

Tinubu is the most qualified among all the candidates.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by adioolayi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Is this not a reasonable thing to do

Don't increase VAT...but ensure you increase Tax Net.

Simply saying, you have millions of Nigerians not paying Tax...go after them....Don't burden the little population that is paying Tax by increasing the VAT... increasing VAT increases prices of goods and services and will ultimately affect the few using these services.

7 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by longview007: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
BUHARI nko
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by baretalk: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
pharmagba:

Tinubu urchins at again

Nonsense!
He didn't mention Osinbanjo, that's misleading headline, watch the video. Objectivity is key for national development.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by sokera: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Edo no be Lagos!!!!
Osun no be Lagos!!!
Nigeria no be Lagos!!!
Na hatred dey do you

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by naija4life247: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
SmellyNyash:
grin Tilinbu is a thief , fraudster and a sour loser.

He should go and rest with his grandchildren instead of embarrassing himself here and there.

The sensible youths has rejected him totally including the gods

He is smelling
He is a thief
Drug baron
A criminal
An old idiot
A lier
His certificateless
He is 88 years
And moreover, he is an agbado mumu grin

Quote me and die miserable

So Tinubu is Wole Soyinka's Classmate. You need psychiatric evaluation

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by sokera: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
pharmagba:

Tinubu urchins at again

Nonsense!
Osinbajo is the chairman of the economy team ... alot of you guys are illiterate and not informed
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by ThatFairGuy1: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
Some of those who spoke ill of Buhari in this manner died before him.

You may not be an exemption
Antoeni:
Dead Man, Late Bola Ahmed Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by lexy2014: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

“Really?”

You say Tinubu is giving "pro-people" advice? How's that possible?

All the agberos in Lagos collecting money from okada riders, Keke operators and bus drivers, who empowered them to do so? Is that pro-people?

Tinubus daughter runs all markets in Lagos. He appointed her as iyaloja. Is that pro-people?

Is the appointment of alpha beta pro-people?

Tinubu increasing Lagos IGR has been touted as one of his achievements. How did he increase the revenue? Isn't it by taxing lagosians?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by samuel900(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2022
Show us fact?
iCauseTrouble:
Edo no be Lagos!!!!
Osun no be Lagos!!!
Nigeria no be Lagos!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP NEC Picks Jonathan As Sole Presidential Candidate For 2015 / Kashamu Under House Arrest, To Appear In Court Monday - NDLEA / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.