Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead (27331 Views)

FG May Increase VAT Rate By 2.5% In 2021 / You Can’t Increase VAT, Tinubu Tells FG / Nigerian Government May Increase VAT To Fund New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Everlastingson: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
johnfem321:
Lol apart from following what the online crowd is saying.. what is wrong with is character?

Which online crowd? Can you tell me how much of Lagos State money Alpha Beta takes monthly and doesn't pay tax on it? What you do you have to say about Tinubu's drug case? Where is Tinubu from? Lagos or Osun State? What's his real name? What business does he do before he became Governor? How old is he? What's his relationship with MC Oluomo? Can you allow someone of his antecedents to manage your business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by PaedophileProph: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
Does Tinubu pay Tax ?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by SmellyNyash: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2022
GoodLife4live:

Se you don happy now ?

But I get good news for you ... Obi will not win 2023 election .... Know dis and have peace .. but don't return to biafra or death mantras cus d gist will not gel .... Una don expose una self... Cheers
I fools like u not to quote me but u went ahead, u go soon die goat
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Metrofox(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
grin grin lol this crook is hell bent on milking his pawn Osinbajo to the last drop..

The dunce also alluded to the fact that he's a chronic tax evader..awon chief strategist grin

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Newton2024: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
diplomat058:
hmm I just hope all these IPOB donkeys up here won't commit suicide when Tinubu is eventually sworn in as the President. They literally eat and breath Tinubu everyday. He is their biggest nightmare; not even news of their caged Mazi or pandora storyteller makes them dog around Nairaland for new threads as those about Tinubu cheesy

What a wonder!

Tilinbu is a thief , fraudster and a sour loser.

He should go and rest with his grandchildren instead of embarrassing himself here and there.

The sensible youths has rejected him totally including the gods

He is smelling
He is a thief
Drug baron
A criminal
An old idiot
A lier
His certificateless
He is 88 years
And moreover, he is an agbado mumu

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by RPG2020(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=SmellyNyash post=115195512] grin Tilinbu is a thief , fraudster and a sour loser.

He should go and rest with his grandchildren instead of embarrassing himself here and there.

He is smelling
He is a thief
Drug baron
A criminal
An old idiot
A lier
His certificateless
He is 88 years
And moreover, he is an agbado mumu grin

Quote me and die miserable[/quote

Abeg loud am make them hear for Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by MacWin155(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
Eleven01:

So you are the dumb one, politics of objectivity is what will help Nigeria not these politics of bias and nepotism.

Now we clamour for Peter Obi it's Politics of bias and nepotism, but this wasn't seen when we went for Buhari against Jonathan in 2015??

If I support Tinubu now, I suddenly becomes objective,right??

Your Selective political objectivity is BS.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by johnfem321: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
I’m sure you already have answers to this questions ..

What I just want you to ask yourself is

Which state is the most developed in Nigeria?

Which state has the highest Internally generated the highest revenue in Nigeria?

Which region is the most peaceful

Has MC oluomo ever attacked you or collected any money from you?

What does it matter if he is from osun or Lagos (Most Yoruba live and have family across yoruba land

Tinubu we know he is progressive and initiated a lot of project in Lagos ( taxation, lasma, lag ferry, lekki free trade, light rail project, eko Atlantic, Lagos sea port, Lagos lekki airport, brt lane, re modernisation of Lagos, various hospital, school and helped a lot of people from various region in Nigeria)

Inclusive government( having Hausa and Igbo commissioner in his cabinet) which doesn’t happen in other region

This is just a tip of what he has done..

I would like to be believe you live in Lagos or have family leaving in the south west.. the realistic choice is between Atiku and Tinubu …

Don’t be emotional about your choice and vote your cousin

Do you want to vote for those that have rejected you after so many years.. or this that have accepted you with open arms

Don’t vote people that will be invading your farm

Dont vote the once that will be raping your women..Vote the once that will marry them

Everlastingson:

Which online crowd? Can you tell me how much of Lagos State money Alpha Beta takes monthly and doesn't pay tax on it? What you do you have to say about Tinubu's drug case? Where is Tinubu from? Lagos or Osun State? What's his real name? What business does he do before he became Governor? How old is he? What's his relationship with MC Oluomo? Can you allow someone of his antecedents to manage your business?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Everlastingson: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
johnfem321:

Which state has the highest Internally generated the highest revenue in Nigeria?

What does it matter if he is from osun or Lagos (Most Yoruba live and have family across yoruba land

Tinubu we know he is progressive and initiated a lot of project in Lagos ( taxation, lasma, lag ferry, lekki free trade, light rail project, eko Atlantic, Lagos sea port, Lagos lekki airport, brt lane, re modernisation of Lagos, various hospital, school and helped a lot of people from various region in Nigeria)

Inclusive government( having Hausa and Igbo commissioner in his cabinet) which doesn’t happen in other region

I would like to be believe you live in Lagos or have family leaving in the south west.. the realistic choice is between Atiku and Tinubu …

Do you want to vote for those that have rejected you after so many years.. or this that have accepted you with open arms

Dont vote the once that will be raping your women..Vote the once that will marry them

You need to answer my questions on Tinubu first. Are you evading the questions?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Everlastingson: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
johnfem321:

I don't have the answers that's why I asked you.
You need to answer my questions on Tinubu first. Are you evading the questions?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by ALISMILE(m): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2022
MacWin155:

Total failure??

Tinubu rides on the privileges Lagos had by virtue of it previously being Nigeria's capital.

If you believe that Tinubu made his records void of such influence, then we'll simply we deceiving ourselves.

And calling Peter Obi a total failure shows how prejudiced your mindset is.

But it is well.
You say am prejudiced for calling Obi a total failure, yet you are unable to counter me with any facts.
Adams oshomole raised Edo igr by 3000%, was Edo capital of nigeria?

Admit it bro, Obi doesn't have what it takes. All he does Is tell bogus lies to titilate his ignorant supporters

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by demmie1: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CtQD1V3Ik

Like many Under-30s, supporting BOLA TINUBU ahead of 2023 would mean preserving the old order when several younger and more appealing candidates could lead us come 2023.

His 11th colloquium pro-people advice to the VP on VAT increase triggered me and got me digging.

“Really?”

https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1538159678479384578?t=y0vRJdWkF_ryWJiCZ5wiug&s=19

So are you saying they should increase the tax rate instead of widening the tax net to catch those that are not paying now?

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by MacWin155(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
ALISMILE:
You say am prejudiced for calling Obi a total failure, yet you are unable to counter me with any facts.
Adams oshomole raised Edo igr by 3000%, was Edo capital of nigeria?

Admit it bro, Obi doesn't have what it takes. All he does Is tell bogus lies to titilate his ignorant supporters

I can't reel off facts from my head on the issue, but I know Peter Obi has done a lot in Anambra state, not just as a politician but as an individual. I school there and I'm well aware of the facts.

Giving me a well rehearsed speech on what little Tinubu has achieved in his 30 years + doesn't negate the fact that he's ought not to be in the race. If Osinbajo had come out. I honestly will be conflicted. But not Tinubu. As some point, you've gotta hands off.

His statement of Emi Lokan shows his drive. It's not to serve, it's to be served.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by RussellRutherfo: 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
AnonPoet:

Like many Under-30s, supporting BOLA TINUBU ahead of 2023 would mean preserving the old order when several younger and more appealing candidates could lead us come 2023.

His 11th colloquium pro-people advice to the VP on VAT increase triggered me and got me digging.

“Really?”

https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1538159678479384578?t=y0vRJdWkF_ryWJiCZ5wiug&s=19

Why is he referring to VP Osibanjo instead of President Buhari that was given the electoral mandate to steer the country. Is BAT trying to de-ride Osibanjo because of the prior APC primaries that he won?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Didi2d(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
myrrtle:
All hands need to be on deck to save Nigeria from the current crop of evil, selfish and wicked leaders. We have to save Nigeria and not allow our ancestors to keep leading us to the grave. We have to ask ourselves these honest questions? Can Tinubu or Atiku represent us in an international setting? Can they even market Nigeria to the world and give convincing speech just the way Paul kagame of Rwanda does to attract investors to his country? Are they vibrant enough to respond to issues as they arise? People that can't even give coherent speech, how can they think deeply and analyze issues? Omo! We have do get it right this time. I live abroad and with what I have seen here, Nigeria is far far behind in every sphere of life. We can not continue to allow tribalism and religious sentiments hold us back. Let us all stand behind the most competent persons at all levels of leadership in Nigeria. Please be obedient to your country and useful!

I really like what you wrote up there, but if you watct the last interview Obi had and if we want to be sincere to ourselves, Obi himself is not even the right candidate
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by liasmiram2567: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2022
Antoeni:
Dead Man, Late Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Wish for yourself what you wish for others
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by frog12: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
this man is suffering from STROKE !
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by myrrtle(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
Didi2d:

I really like what you wrote up there, but if you watct the last interview Obi had and if we want to be sincere to ourselves, Obi himself is not even the right candidate
I understand your concerns, but you also have to understand that it is impossible to find the perfect. We have to reach a compromise, but with who? amongst all the contenders, who is better? Who sounds more credible?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by KingRSHD2(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu
20m loyal slaves in Lagos since 1999.
Edo no be Lagos!!!!
Osun no be Lagos!!!
Nigeria no be Lagos!!!

My brother i feel your pain but las las na TINUBU go enter as president grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Mccullum: 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
SmellyNyash:
grin Tilinbu is a thief , fraudster and a sour loser.

He is smelling
He is a thief
Drug baron
A criminal
An old idiot
A lier
His certificateless
He is 88 years
And moreover, he is an agbado mumu grin

Quote me and die miserable

grin Are you fearing of not being quote, you're saint right?, as you've chosen the type of death that will take you out of this planet, you're suffering from inferiority complex of the candidate of your choice because of your failure to campaign for him, your insults on ABAT is not the first and it won't be the last because it's normal for a popular figure, continue till May 29th 2023, that date will clear your doubt. grin shocked
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by kabasa24: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
Obi will suffer for bringing us backwards in Anambra state he did nothing for us in the state while he was the governor of Anambra state now he want us to vote him GOD forbid.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by frog12: 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
so he no work at all for anambra? what were his achievement as governor?

kabasa24:
Obi will suffer for bringing us backwards in Anambra state he did nothing for us in the state while he was the governor of Anambra state now he want us to vote him GOD forbid.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by elijahkayode(m): 12:37am On Jul 30, 2022
Spare a minute. Pray 4 Yoruba (Nigeria)
Authority for Vengeance

By the authority Of Jehovah OurHolyFather
who art in Heaven
You are the God of vengeance
Holy God of vengeance,
We call upon your name
Your name is Sacred forever to be kept Holy

HOly Lord
How long will the wicked terrorist be allowed to kill Nigeria Citizens ?
Yes How long will terrorists be allowed to speak with ignorant arrogance over your Authority (Church)
How long will these evil people boast? They kill Yeshua people every day by day, hunting soul thou claim as Yeshua Lamb.

on sunday 5th. of June year 2022 in Yoruba motherLand of ondo state Nigeria terrorist killed over 50 people in a Catholic church while worshipping in the presence of the HolyLord
yes this is pure evil
and this acts of terror continue to this present hour

indeed the Lord will not be mock

They kill innocent widows and children
yes they murder many orphans like me in cold blood
for their Jihad

“The HolyLord is very slow,” they say
why even bother to spare His Worshippers

Arise, Holy Judge of the earth. let Yahshua glorious justice shine forth! in this Evening
Give this evil proud authority what they deserve.

Dear HolyLord Jehovah oppose those who oppose Yoruba Nation.
Fight those who fight every your faithful believers
Put on armor, and take up shield.

Yeshua come down to Nigeria in this evening to see the suffering the Nigerian Government Authority is inflicting on the poor people.

HolyLord Lift up spear and javelin on those who attack Yoruba with violence
Bring shame and disgrace on evil men trying to kill Christians in Nigeria

turn them back and humiliate the authority who want to harm Nigerians.
Blow this terrorist away like chaff in the wind

. Make their path dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them. SouthNigeria did the devil no wrong, but he laid traps to destroy our Glorious destiny

By the Authority Of Lord Yeshua we bind the devil authority afflicting Kemi Afolayan
Yes we the Sons of the HolyLord command the perfect healing of Kemi body in this evening So be it Amen

Copyright
HolyLord Yeshua

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by lagosrd: 2:03am On Jul 30, 2022
This man surely doesn't understand this country at all. Who tell you say Aboki dey pay task on what exactly and how do you intends to force them.

Nomards no get permanent house ooo.
Alimajiri no get joy ooo
They keep their monies under cow rearing ooo and you can't tax them.

Most taxes come from southern Nigeria.
I believe he only said that based on his selfish political agenda to deceive people and become president and later toe the same part as it was done now.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by toprealman: 2:05am On Jul 30, 2022
Why address Osibanjo when Buhari, the president, is still there? Is there something I am not getting?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by ajutant(m): 3:41am On Jul 30, 2022
diplomat058:
hmm I just hope all these IPOB donkeys up here won't commit suicide when Tinubu is eventually sworn in as the President. They literally eat and breath Tinubu everyday. He is their biggest nightmare; not even news of their caged Mazi or pandora storyteller makes them dog around Nairaland for new threads as those about Tinubu cheesy

What a wonder!
Your fada there!
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Buccalcavity2: 4:41am On Jul 30, 2022
AnonPoet:

“Really?”

What BAT said is so brilliant. That is the source of wealth in Lagos. I can't believe that anybody will disagree with that. It shows the level of ignorance around.
This is absolutely my leaning.
Expand the tax net rather than raise tax rate. Lagos, Edo,Kaduna, Ogun and now Anambra under Soludo did it and it worked wonders!
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Believeintruth: 4:50am On Jul 30, 2022
Parachoko:
I totally agree with Tinubu on this.

How? widen tax bracket, you want to tax the informal sector that is struggling to survive after paying incessant levies to state and local governments? Oga it is a recipe for disaster.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Believeintruth: 4:59am On Jul 30, 2022
Emir01:
This is different from container economy. Once you're brilliant you're brilliant. Forget about it. The incoming president has spoken. This is a practical solution not comparing Angola with Singapore and china with Aba. Local problem requires local solution.

And widening tax bracket is a local solution abi? Oga do you understand what table And by widening tax bracket? Tinubu is playing to the gallery here he is talking about the informal sector and looking for ways to tax business activities which in a way will backfire on us. Look informal sector pays numerous levies examples in Markets especially in Lagos the dues that goes to the Iyaloja who happens to be his daughter is it not tax? other form of Local and state levies are they not tax? expanding VAT into the informal sector is a recipe for disaster as things are so expensive for the common man already. Also business activities are taxed already there is tax on phone calls and also the stamp duty paid of bank transactions, which begs the question why can't he explain in clear details what he meant by widening tax bracket when the tax bracket is at it's elastic limit. Me thinks that Tinubu is really out of touch with the reality of our situation.
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Believeintruth: 5:04am On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

What is wrong with the advice? Let’s discuss the merits and demerits of the advice.

Look for a country seeking to pull itself out of a debt trap you need to encourage internal business activities that would lead to exports and not scare them. widening tax bracket now in Nigeria is shooting ourselves in the foot let me tell you. Already the informal sector is reeling under intense local and state government levies, even his daughter oversees one the tax operations as Iyaloja. Again business activities are taxed via VAT and also financial transactions are taxed also you pay tax on calls you make so really where do you want to tax in an economy that has lost it's elasticity?
Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by lebienconnu: 5:11am On Jul 30, 2022
Okealaaye:

Osinbajo is the Head of the Economic Council, because the Economy and its management fall under his purview. Didn't you go to school?

Thank you so much. The amount of ignorance displayed so far by supposed "educated" ones is regretably lugubrious.

I want to beleive that they have allowed hatred for BAT to becloud their sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Asks Osinbajo And FG Not To Increase VAT, Widen Tax Bracket Instead by Buccalcavity2: 5:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Believeintruth:

How? widen tax bracket, you want to tax the informal sector that is struggling to survive after paying incessant levies to state and local governments? Oga it is a recipe for disaster.
Lies! Look PAYE in Kaduna is thesame as in Anambra! Yet Kaduna increased its IGR by 300% in 4 years without raising tax rate while Anambra is still struggling with Marginal growth( thank God Soludo is there now). This teaches you that simple lesson. There is so much to be made from existing taxable individuals rather than increase tax rate.
Lagos State you sighted has expanded its tax net to include informal sector, hence the wealth creation. This was PWCs recommendation to FG. first expand the tax net.
Most individuals (who don't have coprporate accounts anyway) go under the radar while formal workers pay taxes. Chinedu & Chioma in ABS and Unizik pay tax. But Nnamdi in Upper Iweka market doesn't want to pay yet he makes more money than them. Is that rational?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Purchase Reduced By 50 Per Cent, Reduce Pump Price – IPMAN Begs Tinubu / “You Are Incompetent” - Soludo Blasts His Commissioner Of Works, Ifeanyi Okoma / Boko Haram Militants Showing Off Weapons From An Army Barack Raid (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.