Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima (41102 Views)

Nigeria Mounts Air, Land Offensive Against Bandits In Zamfara / Military Begins Final Offensive Against Boko Haram, ISWAP / Buhari Lines Up Heavyweights To Battle PDP In South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by nony43(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Penguin2:

Accept that Tinubu miscalculated.

I’m sure his calculation, and that of his urchins, was that Nigerians will only make noise about the Muslim-Muslim ticket for few days and everyone will move on and forget about it but nah!

We will continue to fire him until 5am on Election Day

Hahahha
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Durabest: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Pymetrics:

Ooh Northern Christians and Muslims were always one before Tinubu? I thought Christians were been mascaraed by Muslims many years before Tinubu emergence? I thought Fulani Muslims want to islamise the entire Northern region then advance to other parts of Nigeria after before Tinubu emergence? You people and hatred for TINUBU SMH
christians should know that is better Tinubu kind of Muslim rule over them than another fulani to takeover power,anyone who still belive that Tinubu is happy over the activities of fulani in Nigeria know that it would be better they allow to win than to allow Atiku win.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Muslim/Muslim ticket will bring death, rape, massacre and wanton destruction of Christians.

Deborah is dead, Scores of Christians were killed in Owo, hundred of Christians were murdered in Benue and Christians cannot allow this to continue.

Christians must resist all attempts to wipe out Christianity in Nigeria, we must not allow terrorists to become president and rape our mothers, kill our sons and take our land.

Christians must resist Muslim/Muslim ticket if not our Churches will be bombed, our lands taken from us, our daughters raped and kidnapped. Christians must rise up and defend our faith.

Christians must vote fellow Christians to protect our faith. A Christian president will not allow Muslim terrorists to come to church and massacre us just like it happened in Owo.

I don't understand this. Did Tinubu islamise anyone or what are you saying?
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
360degreess:
.. You this frustrated old cargo always to throwing abuses at people

BIA, no dey raise your hand against women.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Truthisunique2: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
Penguin2:

Accept that Tinubu miscalculated.

I’m sure his calculation, and that of his urchins, was that Nigerians will only make noise about the Muslim-Muslim ticket for few days and everyone will move on and forget about it but nah!

We will continue to fire him until 5am on Election Day
we go press him neck till February

Go and check seyi tinubu board you would find muslim Muslim there, they know it's a concern and haven't seen a way to keep people from talking

When last did tinubu really give any manifesto?

Na controversies he go dey bail till campaign meet him, we won't give him time to adjust for propaganda and packaging, campaign will meet him and apc mismanagement is there to do the campaign itself
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by flington4550(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:

Yet you've got the time to quote me? Ipob miscreant.

Animal... I’m a a complete Yoruba boy and I’m so ashamed on your behalf sef
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Str8talk21: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
The APC Northern Leaders shld be clear on what they say and do.
Telling christians to vote for a party with a christian-muslim mix is simply playing into the hands of PDP of which by morality and equity, Atiku don't deserve it.

This is the turn of the SE and it's the turn of Peter Obi to be President of Nigeria come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
flington4550:

Animal... I’m a a complete Yoruba boy and I’m so ashamed on your behalf sef

Ipob miscreant, keep wailing. Rather put effort in listing Peter Obi's achievement which cannot be found. Instead, he was rather stashing funds while using his daughter name for corruption as well as sacking non Anambran workers from his state.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
oyichi:
Why is it that shetima doesn't laugh?

He does not need to laugh. He is on the battle front. I am not sure Joseph or David laugh on their journey to the throne.

There are some appointments or promotions that you don't send Congratulatory messages to the person promoted or appointed to such positions. When Moses died and the mantle fell on Joshua to lead the Israelites to the promised land, you don't congratulate Joshua for such appointment. Even God told Joshua ' you must courageous'. About two decades ago, a Senior Prophet told us any appointment or promotion that comes your way from God with that type of message means the task ahead is very challenging, if you lose courage, the challenges will consume you.

Shettima is from North East, a zone that is yet to produce the President or Vice President. The zone ravaged by insurgency.

Those fighting Tinubu / Shettima ticket in the North have no problem with Obi choosing a Muslim in the North because they know he has no chance of winning. Indirectly, Dogara, Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha are working for PDP (Atiku). These people have no problem with INEC cartel that sent officials to Churches to do voters registration but their problem is with Shettima as Muslim.

Shettima cannot laugh because of so many things he knows about the politics in the North which Tinubu may not even know 20% of it and the insanity in the South South and South East against their candidacies. It is only a mad person that can say Tinubu is older than Obasanjo and Baba Adeboye as it was declared by Tee Mac few days ago and yet he was celebrated for the open madness. Those situations don't require laughter but meditations, analysis and strategies.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Nauttyprof(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:

We've seen Tinubu's work in Lagos hence we're gonna use Lagos' as comparison. Tinubu legacies are littered all over Lagos. He didn't islamise anyone either.

Now compare that to Peter Obi who was sacking non Anambran from his state which were actually his fellow Igbo brethren from another state. Not just that, Peter Obi achieved absolute nothing in his state. So what are you saying? Na ment? I repeat, religion isn't a ticket to get yourself out of your incompetence

The Lagos you talk about is the same with the highest internally generated revenue but still struggles for over 24 years to achieve a mega city. Thanks to the same Tinubu.

The same Lagos whose funds is same as some countries is still a struggling state with many areas worse than some people's hometowns outside Lagos. Here you are still praising Tinubu.

The same Lagos state with high debts despite having so much to survive with. The question then is where are all the monies going to? You know the answer? Tinubu. He takes decision and at the same time makes the money out of Lagos.

I believe these are the legacies you are referring to.

Mega status for over 24 years and yet, still looking like every other state with the worse system in place.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by article1: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
In as much as I am not in support of muslim - muslim ticket, I think the Christian community is giving the issue two much undue attention. Tinubu and his party, APC have decided to settle for muslim - muslim ticket and there are other options for the Christians and those of us who are not comfortable with that to explore. Get Your PVC ready and vote out the evil people and their evil party. Lobatan!
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Femi8586(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Ment. All the big churches are in Lagos. Have they been islamised yet? Na ment? A good brain would know that since Tinubu didn't islamise his wife and Lagos, he won't islamise anyone. Stop limiting politics and competency to religion.

Like, you could see the high strides which Tinubu achieved in Lagos such as his legacies which include Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, BRT, Eko Atlantic, BRT terminal, high increase in Lagos revenue even at the time Obasanjo withheld Lagos allocation for several years yet Tinubu made Lagos' thrived regardless. But rather than look at these, you're limiting Tinubu to his religion. How is Peter Obi who's got no achievement whatsoever better than Tinubu's enormous legacies in Lagos? Na ment? Tinubu is a first class graduate of accounting whereas Peter Obi is only a D pass graduate of philosophy.

Also, Tinubu is the most liberal leader who always ensure he brings in intelligent talents to nurture and work with him, irrespective of their religion or Tribes. People such as Fashola, Sanwo Olu, Osinbajo, Igbokwe etc..

Point is most Yoruba Muslims are different from the Northern Muslims. They don't allow religion to cage them. Personally, I hope for when religion would only be limited to home and religious houses because that's where it belongs. By limiting religion to only homes and religious houses, this would create more secular carefree avenue for people to use their brain to think outside of the box and improve their environment. Religion or non religion shouldn't be a determinant in any of our settings. Competence should always be championed and should be the main determinant.

Now on the question why Tinubu chose a Northern Muslim despite being a Muslim. It's a political strategic move. He chose a Northern leader from the core North which happens to be a Muslim since almost all the Northern leaders are Muslims anyway.

You all know that most of the leaders in the South are Christians while Muslims are the majorities in the North. Let imagine for example that a Northern Christian happened to get the presidential ticket of a huge platform, who do you think he would choose as his deputy in the South? Of course a popular Southern who may eventually end up being a Christian. Why? Because majority of the leaders in the South are Christian hence choosing one of the popular Southern leaders could end up being a Christian. That was exactly what Tinubu did. It's a political strategic move.

That's why religion shouldn't be a determinant in any settings because it's only a personal thing. Imagine if Shettima was only seen as a Northern Nigerian while Tinubu was seen as a Southern Nigerian. That already balanced the equation and criteria needed instead of bringing in religion into the prism. Point is when you look at Europe, American and Canada, they don't care about your religion whether you're Christian, Muslim or Atheist. What they care about is your competence irrespective of your religion. You wouldn't care about the religion of a doctor who's to operate on you but his competence. Religion shouldn't be a ticket for you to get your way out of your incompetence and I'm talking about Peter Obi who achieved absolute nothing in his Anambra state.

Meanwhile, I believe Tinubu chose Shettima as his deputy because Zulum was Shettima's protégé. Zulum would have been the perfect fit but he wanted a second term as a governor hence Shettima. This isn't about religion.

I seriously wonder if you would repeat this jargons if it were a Christian-christian ticket..

Even in Ondo state, mobilization is already on going in churches and areas against such demonic ticket. We would create serious awareness soon and vote massively against tinubu.

In a country of over 90milliom Christians, yet Tinubu wants to say they don't count, they can go to hell? We will meet at the poll
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by mrkings84(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Ment. All the big churches are in Lagos. Have they been islamised yet? Na ment? A good brain would know that since Tinubu didn't islamise his wife and Lagos, he won't islamise anyone. Stop limiting politics and competency to religion.

Like, you could see the high strides which Tinubu achieved in Lagos such as his legacies which include Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, BRT, Eko Atlantic, BRT terminal, high increase in Lagos revenue even at the time Obasanjo withheld Lagos allocation for several years yet Tinubu made Lagos' thrived regardless. But rather than look at these, you're limiting Tinubu to his religion. How is Peter Obi who's got no achievement whatsoever better than Tinubu's enormous legacies in Lagos? Na ment? Tinubu is a first class graduate of accounting whereas Peter Obi is only a D pass graduate of philosophy.

Also, Tinubu is the most liberal leader who always ensure he brings in intelligent talents to nurture and work with him, irrespective of their religion or Tribes. People such as Fashola, Sanwo Olu, Osinbajo, Igbokwe etc..

Point is most Yoruba Muslims are different from the Northern Muslims. They don't allow religion to cage them. Personally, I hope for when religion would only be limited to home and religious houses because that's where it belongs. By limiting religion to only homes and religious houses, this would create more secular carefree avenue for people to use their brain to think outside of the box and improve their environment. Religion or non religion shouldn't be a determinant in any of our settings. Competence should always be championed and should be the main determinant.

Now on the question why Tinubu chose a Northern Muslim despite being a Muslim. It's a political strategic move. He chose a Northern leader from the core North which happens to be a Muslim since almost all the Northern leaders are Muslims anyway.

You all know that most of the leaders in the South are Christians while Muslims are the majorities in the North. Let imagine for example that a Northern Christian happened to get the presidential ticket of a huge platform, who do you think he would choose as his deputy in the South? Of course a popular Southern who may eventually end up being a Christian. Why? Because majority of the leaders in the South are Christian hence choosing one of the popular Southern leaders could end up being a Christian. That was exactly what Tinubu did. It's a political strategic move.

That's why religion shouldn't be a determinant in any settings because it's only a personal thing. Imagine if Shettima was only seen as a Northern Nigerian while Tinubu was seen as a Southern Nigerian. That already balanced the equation and criteria needed instead of bringing in religion into the prism. Point is when you look at Europe, American and Canada, they don't care about your religion whether you're Christian, Muslim or Atheist. What they care about is your competence irrespective of your religion. You wouldn't care about the religion of a doctor who's to operate on you but his competence. Religion shouldn't be a ticket for you to get your way out of your incompetence and I'm talking about Peter Obi who achieved absolute nothing in his Anambra state.

Meanwhile, I believe Tinubu chose Shettima as his deputy because Zulum was Shettima's protégé. Zulum would have been the perfect fit but he wanted a second term as a governor hence Shettima. This isn't about religion.

Guy you try in explaining these out, hut you see, just like the Europe and America that you cited as example, these western worlds have nothing to do with religious division, but that's not the case with Nigeria.

Religious issues is not starting today in Nigeria and won't end I our generation.

You see, as a young man, I have been hearing that over their in the North the Moslems are always killing the Christians at will over any little differences all in the name of religion. So it will be properly wrong for you to tell us not to bother about the MM ticket.

Just imagine this current regime where the vice president is a senior pastor yet the body language of the president from appointments, to others speaks volumes..,.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by toneroforever(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

U forgot to tell us that BAT will be looting the treasury every weekend with bullion planes if elected, after all he said he'll continue from where PMB stopped.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nauttyprof:

The Lagos you talk about is the same with the highest internally generated revenue but still struggles for over 24 years to achieve a mega city. Thanks to the same Tinubu.

The same Lagos whose funds is same as some countries is still a struggling state with many areas worse than some people's hometowns outside Lagos. Here you are still praising Tinubu.

The same Lagos state with high debts despite having so much to survive with. The question then is where are all the monies going to? You know the answer? Tinubu. He takes decision and at the same time makes the money out of Lagos.

I believe these are the legacies you are referring to.

Mega status for over 24 years and yet, still looking like every other state with the worse system in place.

You dey ment?

What money was Lagos generating when Tinubu took over? Tinubu revamped Lagos revenue and started generating enormous revenue despite Obasanjo seizing Lagos allocation for several years. Not just that, Tinubu invested a lot of project in Lagos.

Why is none of your useless leaders in the south east doing the same? Na madness?
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Arysexy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Minjim:
These people are sore losers. They won't tell the truth why they weren't picked.

2019 ELECTION

Babachir Lawal and Boss Mustapha LGA in Adamawa
APC – 20,471
PDP – 23,039

Dogara LGA in Bauchi
APC 5,284
PDP 23,664

Shettima LGA in Borno
APC: 146,181
PDP: 9,632
Aggrieved losers thinking one of them will b chosen as th VP of APC, dogara defected for this post

Osibanjo was relatively unknown when Buhari picked him. Osibanjo lost his polling unit to PDP

You guys can't twist this narrative.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by mycar: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:

I expect you to list Peter Obi's achievement but here you're ranting.
The post is not about Peter's achievements and that's what common sense should have thought you but I guess it's being controlled by only one man.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Alexgeneration(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:

I don't understand this. Did Tinubu islamise anyone or what are you saying?

Christians must wake up and resist all Muslim terrorists running for president or else we will be having terrorists come to kill us on Sunday during service.

Owo Christians were murdered by Muslims and we cannot vote for Muslim president and vice president or else we will bombed everyday.

Christians should vote for Christian president because no muslim terrorists will come to our Churches to rape our mothers and sisters or come to kill our fathers and brothers.

No Christian should vote for Tinubu and his terrorist vice president or else they will bomb our homes, rape our mothers and our land.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Apst: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
Before you spill trash get your facts right. Lagos state is a Muslim state and tinubu made it possible go and verify. Get a copy of the Lagos state constitution so you can support your devilish party with eyes open if you are a church goer then you are doomed

diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
mrkings84:

Guy you try in explaining these out, hut you see, just like the Europe and America that you cited as example, these western worlds have nothing to do with religious division, but that's not the case with Nigeria.

Religious issues is not starting today in Nigeria and won't end I our generation.

You see, as a young man, I have been hearing that over their in the North the Moslems are always killing the Christians at will over any little differences all in the name of religion. So it will be properly wrong for you to tell us not to bother about the MM ticket.

Just imagine this current regime where the vice president is a senior pastor yet the body language of the president from appointments, to others speaks volumes..,.

And I also cited Lagos which has nothing to do with religion division. Sink that into your skull.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by BrutusOj(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Oga, we don't want another case of Buhari. Tinubu needs rest, his time for active politics is over.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Brunosamel(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Shebi Nigerians go chop infrastructure and achievement
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
Apst:
Before you spill trash get your facts right. Lagos state is a Muslim state and tinubu made it possible go and verify. Get a copy of the Lagos state constitution so you can support your devilish party with eyes open if you are a church goer then you are doomed

Lmao.

Lagos is a secular state. Sink that into your skull.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Decent09(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by secretsofpeace(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
Your entire gene dey mad. Madness dey your head that's why you go from post to post chasing your paltry stipend... low life

diadem10:

Says the Ipob miscreant wailing as if religion is relative to competence. You dey mad?
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by NothingDoMe: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
Thanos5555:
cheesy

i get to believe that US REPORT NOW.

i dont see any candidate winning 2023, without a Rerun Election.

tinubu wont get 25% in southeast
atiku would get all 25% but may lose in numbe
obi could get number but lose 25% in NE
Possibly. Democracy will be stagnated like the days of abiola. Military take over is possible at that point to prevent breakdown of law and order.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
Brunosamel:
Shebi Nigerians go chop infrastructure and achievement

Tinubu's achievements include enormous increase in Lagos revenues.
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by SenatePresdo(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
diadem10:
Heavyweight indeed.

Nigeria has not riped to the extent of neglecting Religion in its political sphere. its unfortunate, but it is what it is.
If Religion doesn't matter, why would Buhari Govt destroy the only Christian Worship center in Aso Rock?
If Religion shouldn't matter in Govt, who made Hisbah Police legitimate? Govt or Civilians? I guess you know the answer.

Is Hisbah police part of our constitution as a country? Yet because of Religion, a Christian can't even peacefully trade alcohol in Kano.

And you are here mentioning Canada and USA? Like for real? Don't Canada and USA have Muslims too? Why didn't the create Hisbah??

You want us to neglect religion the way their citizens do? But you have not compelled the fanatical Muslims to overlook religion and allow people trade alcohol.

When Nigeria gets to that level, we might overlook religion. But for now, its too risky and mischievous to overlook.

So don't fault people for complaining about Muslim Muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by AziDach1985(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
I love this! We will as well not support any Christian-Christian ticket!
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by Okobola146: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
It is long over dew
Re: Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima by diadem10: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
secretsofpeace:
Your entire gene dey mad. Madness dey your head that's why you go from post to post chasing your paltry stipend... low life

You're projecting yourself. You're the one getting paid yet can't list Peter Obi's achievement. Ipob miscreant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos: Thugs Begin Threatening Non APC Voters To Stay At Home (video) / Dickson: "I Visited Goodluck Jonathan 16 Times During This Election Period" / Sit-At-Home Fails Again In Ebonyi State - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.