Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219425 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joyobite: 1:24pm On May 22, 2023
Please if you are going to Royal roads university or Victoria BC anytime from august or September please send a message let’s link up and help each other
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joyobite: 1:26pm On May 22, 2023
Please if you are already in Victoria as a student or PR please I need to ask some personal questions… where can I get good accommodation before coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shukusheka(m): 1:32pm On May 22, 2023
Rapujoshua:
Hello everyone
Please who know or have details on how I can use form A to pay tuition fees for University of Regina. Please🙏..

I hear I have to use flywire to get there details then use it on Form A, that they do not have a direct account.

Please any help.
You have to generate a flywire payment instruction on the Flywire. You then the Flywire Payment instruction details as Beneficiary information when filing your Form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 1:46pm On May 22, 2023
akinloluazeez:
My GCMS notes for my first application is attached below.
Anyone who wish to guide me though my second application?

Bank not verifiable is a micro finance
Fixed deposit 18.5 M
2years Post graduate diploma

I’m planning to do a new POF to my GTB (Salary account). Print Statement in few wks time and submit my application with explanation that I’ve liquidated the fixed deposit to a verifiable financial institution.

Anyone who can throw more light on this will be appreciated.
Please, when did you order for your notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2023
Hello guys good day to y'all.. pls I just booked a medical appointment at Iom Lagos for 29th of May but unfortunately, I couldn't get the reference number due to network glitch.. right now I don't know what else to do.. I've sent them mails and tried calling their number but e no gre connect.. pls what do I do abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 1:55pm On May 22, 2023
Hi, in a situation where you dad is your sponsor and his using his personal account where business and personal funds go into as part of your POF. He also added a dorm account that covers way 5 times the 2nd term tuition. 1st term fees paid already.

The CAC documents shows 5 shares holders but dad and mum are actual owners and have more than 50% shares.
Is a board resolution needed to state that dad is the active MD and payment and entitled to use funds?

It’s actually dad’s company he just added a brother n friend when registering the company years ago.

Please your inputs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2023
Hopez456:
Good day all. I recently submitted my passport in Lagos but I got the below mail that it has been sent to Abuja. Hqs anyone experienced this

The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Abuja OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Abuja OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

Yes, that's where it'll go. VFS Lagos will send your passport to Abuja for the actual visa.
This is why most people prefer sending directly to Abuja. It takes out the middle man which in this case is the branch in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 2:33pm On May 22, 2023
Shrunkwriter:
Hi Guyzzz ... Is there anyone here with confirmed ppr ... or medical request going to any school in Toronto for Fall 2023. Send me a DM. We have a whatsapp group for this where we share vital info regarding accommodation (sharing apartments and whatnot), flight tickets, buying of items to carry along and just generally building solid rapport before we reach that side. No agent bs. Na we we. It'll be awesome to have you around.

Peace guyz grin

Can someone going to Hamilton in Ontario join the group… accommodation is needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2023
Hopez456:
Good day all. I recently submitted my passport in Lagos but I got the below mail that it has been sent to Abuja. Hqs anyone experienced this

The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Abuja OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Abuja OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

It shows that they are sending it to Canadian Embassy where they will put sticker on it(visa), and then it will be sent back to vfs lagos from Abuja after it has been stamped.

When did you submit your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 2:46pm On May 22, 2023
macsilver:

Before I give this advice, I want you to know that I’m an educational consultant for people who migrate through the study route and I focus primarily on Canada. I apply to schools for people and provide the admission as fast as possible, writing the SOP for my applicants and securing a 95% success rate. Having said that, here goes:

Conestoga would have been your best bet, but I advise you to stay far away from them because they have started increasing their tuition deposits. It was initially $1,500, but now they would need you to pay an extra $8,000-9,000 before leaving the country. My clients have been unhappy about this but we do not have a choice than to follow their requirements. Please note that the tuition deposit can not be negotiated.

If you however have the money, you can by all means go there.

Cambrian college on the other hand has their tuition deposit fixed and pegged at $8,014. Their offer rate and speed according to the hundreds of applications I’ve done for them is 87% (I’ll keep Conestoga at 92%).

I do not partner with Confederation College but Canadore and saulte are great schools too. I’ll keep those at 80%.

I hope this helps, Good luck

Wow. This is well detailed and highly appreciated. Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2023
Please someone come to the aid.
My cousin who works at GT Bank told me that a personal income tax clearance certificate is needed to approve FORM A. Anyone with experience with this should please help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hopez456(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2023
Mackie1:

Yes, that's where it'll go. VFS Lagos will send your passport to Abuja for the actual visa.
This is why most people prefer sending directly to Abuja. It takes out the middle man which in this case is the branch in Lagos.
oh thank you sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hopez456(m): 2:49pm On May 22, 2023
kobobay:

It shows that they are sending it to Canadian Embassy where they will put sticker on it(visa), and then it will be sent back to vfs lagos from Abuja after it has been stamped.

When did you submit your passport?
last week. Thanks sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 3:16pm On May 22, 2023
dymanicboss:

You will need a Transit visa for the Lufthansa Airline, but No Transit visa for the Ethiopian Airline, KLM, Air France, Egypt Air depending on your bank account...Ire ooo

You will not need a transit for Lufthansa if it’s only one stop

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by phassy(f): 3:43pm On May 22, 2023
Joyobite:
Please if you are going to Royal roads university or Victoria BC anytime from august or September please send a message let’s link up and help each other
ok deremyade@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2023
HonourableJoe:
No transit Visa required for both but please go with Lufthasan

The 16hours from Ethiopia to Toronto for example is tiring.

The layover in Dublin doesn't count to me because your legs won't touch down because they are just refuelling.

In my opinion, use LUFTHASAN

Thanks brother. I was really wondering how I would manage that straight 16hrs flight time on Ethiopian airlines.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2023
Ilueh:

You will not need a transit for Lufthansa if it’s only one stop

Lufthansa will stop at Frankfurt then Toronto and finally Saskatchewan. So technically, that is one stop outside Canada. I hope I am right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:09pm On May 22, 2023
Mackie1:

Is it at Abuja they are stamping the passport with the actual visa? I thought it is in Nairobi, Kenya.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2023
Ikay3502:
Hello guys good day to y'all.. pls I just booked a medical appointment at Iom Lagos for 29th of May but unfortunately, I couldn't get the reference number due to network glitch.. right now I don't know what else to do.. I've sent them mails and tried calling their number but e no gre connect.. pls what do I do abeg

Didn't they send any confirmation to your email? Log into the account you created while making the appointment and get your reference number. Worst case, you cancel the booking and book again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inksun(f): 4:20pm On May 22, 2023
Hi everyone
Pls is anyone here, a graduate of National Open University Nigeria
I’m having difficulty in getting my transcript, school said I should request online
Pls I need your help urgently, if you have gotten your transcript or applied for it already pls can you give me info on how to get mine pls
I was told it takes 3/4months to get it from the school (if apply myself online) and cost 30,000naira
I contacted some guys in NOUN, one said it will take one month for reference letter and transcript and cost 90,000naira😭
The other guy said 100,000😭
I’m already tired😭
I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 4:22pm On May 22, 2023
Hellp guys,I have a question.
I am about submitting my second application after my first denial.
Ordered gums note and My first denial reason was a result of lack of proof of relationship between myself and my sponsor. My sponsor is my elder brother.
This time around.. I added notarized affidavit of relationship, notarized gift deed of 3m, my brother attestation of birth and age declaration and one recent pic of i and my sponsor together.
My fears now is that I am using another bank statement of my elder brother (sponsor) and the account statement pages for 4months are about 80pages, is the account statement pages of 80pages too much? Would it b a red flag or would it be ok.. I need ur urgent response pls.
Thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:34pm On May 22, 2023
Dessymond394:
Hellp guys,I have a question.
I am about submitting my second application after my first denial.
Ordered gums note and My first denial reason was a result of lack of proof of relationship between myself and my sponsor. My sponsor is my elder brother.
This time around.. I added notarized affidavit of relationship, notarized gift deed of 3m, my brother attestation of birth and age declaration and one recent pic of i and my sponsor together.
My fears now is that I am using another bank statement of my elder brother (sponsor) and the account statement pages for 4months are about 80pages, is the account statement pages of 80pages too much? Would it b a red flag or would it be ok.. I need ur urgent response pls.
Thank you guys.
Why not let him request for MyBankStatement (MBS) which will be electronically sent to the bank directly instead of the usual printed statement from banks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pruddykelz: 4:38pm On May 22, 2023
Please how do I go about form A?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:39pm On May 22, 2023
Inksun:
Hi everyone
I’m having difficulty in getting my transcript, school said I should request online
Pls I need your help urgently, if you have gotten your transcript or applied for it already pls can you give me info on how to get mine pls
I was told it takes 3/4months to get it from the school (if apply myself online) and cost 30,000naira
I contacted some guys in NOUN, one said it will take one month for reference letter and transcript and cost 90,000naira😭
I’m already tired😭
I need help
NOUN doesn't send transcript directly to students but to the institution that needs it. I requested mine in 2021 for about 25 or 30K and it was processed and sent to the Canadian university within 1 month or so. That cost also covered the DHL courier service.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ofime123(m): 4:48pm On May 22, 2023
Thanks
tenderjunkie:

No, get acrobat reader on your PC. You download the forms, fill them on your PC, save, and upload
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ysth(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied for conestoga college since april 24 for January 2024 intake but was sent a mail to submit my official transcript. It took my school 3 months from January till may 19th to get the student copy of the transcript ready. I resubmitted successfully on OCAS today been 22nd may but on checking the college website, applications for January 2024 intake is already close. Will it affect my chances for admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by posisubomi2: 5:26pm On May 22, 2023
Good day everyone.

Please someone should put me through on mpower financing loan to study in USA.

Total figure of my financial plan in application portal is very small to what I need from them. For example I need $50,000 loan from MPOWER but in the portal there is a potion to put scholarship from school and personal savings (7,800+ 21,000= 28,800) this figure was removed from tuition fee and other expenses I. e 59,000-28,800=30,200. And I was asked to confirm that 30,200 as my financial plan but unable to continue because I want 50,000 from them. Please can someone help me out to resolve to my 50,000 loan request. Or I should not include my personal savings?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ysth(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2023
ysth:
Hi everyone, I applied for conestoga college since april 24 for January 2024 intake but was sent a mail to submit my official transcript. It took my school 3 months from January till may 19th to get the student copy of the transcript ready. I resubmitted successfully on OCAS today been 22nd may but on checking the college website, applications for January 2024 intake is already close. Will it affect my chances for admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 5:33pm On May 22, 2023
My medicals was updated to pass on Thursday, then on Friday my tracker was updated but no visible changes.

What could it be please? And how long after passing medicals before PPR drops?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:54pm On May 22, 2023
Inksun:
Hi everyone
I’m already tired😭
I need help

I understand you, and I will advise you make your request using the online option, those people quoting prices for you just want to take advantage of your desperation.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:05pm On May 22, 2023
zeb04:
My medicals was updated to pass on Thursday, then on Friday my tracker was updated but no visible changes.

What could it be please? And how long after passing medicals before PPR drops?

Did you get a medical request? If yes then you should start packing your bags, if not then hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:14pm On May 22, 2023
ShowYoung:

No, you can't work. Visitor Visa is not meant for working but for visit only: and you cannot stay for longer than six moths at one visit.
Says who?🙄

(1) (2) (3) ... (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.