Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1211782 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2022
bullstriker:
It is obvious you did not comprehend my response to @Bigdaddy001. So, do you imply that printed SoA does not show cashflows and that VOs cannot spot lump sums with printed SoA? Note that all the features of MBS you mentioned can be seen in the printed SoA.
The concept of MBS is to authenticate bank statements due to the high rate of fraudulent bank statements, as the bank sends the statement directly to the embassy. Like traditional bank statements, the embassy can only access the dates you want them to see.

This explanation is not in any way intended to encourage people to inflate their accounts with third-party funds.

Hi Bullstriker,

On the contrary, your response was very clear but disingenuous (misleading). My major aim is to dissuade @Bigdaddy001 and other newbies that might have seen your reply from making wrong decisions. That, I have done perfectly. I might have to move on now.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by donbuchi1(m): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2022
johnstan:

When you say you need help getting admission, you might need to be more specific because that is the easiest part of the whole study route process.

If you have read the requirements and have your documents ready to upload, then go ahead and apply for your choice of program. In about 2 weeks or 3 weeks after that you will either be accepted, waitlisted or refused.

Good luck.

Good morning please is there need for me to verify my results with Wes before I apply for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2022
donbuchi1:

Good morning please is there need for me to verify my results with Wes before I apply for admission.

Hi Donbuchi,

Some schools will require just your waec original cert, some will require your copy of your undergrad transcript (not verified by wes) and some will require a verified undergrad transcript by wes.

Knowing this, you will need to check the requirements for your school of choice and proceed.

good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehmy(f): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2022
Amen!!!

Thanks, Minister Makano cheesy cheesy
God bless you.

makano:
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:23‬ ‭

“Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:24‬

To all TRV hopefuls, this Part 22 shall rain approval testimonies all through in JESUS NAME. AMEN...

This Part 22 shall not pass you by, if you believe, let your Amen be thunderous...

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PPR HOPEFULS.. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE..

Part 21 was great, part 22 shall even be greater,,

Stay positive and Let's do it again this part 22...

PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kolajero: 8:40am On Jul 31, 2022
Good morning all.

I have been trying using GTBank US Dollar Mastercard to pay for IRCC study permit application fees but it has been declining it.

Please, is the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) now restricting the use of US Dollar Card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rahl007: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2022
Hi there, no the card wasn’t debited. That’s the issue. And 24 hours later, we tried another card but it wasn’t debited either.
I attached an image of what it looks like now
Gigdraft:

Hi Rahl007,

I'm trying to understand you correctly, was she debited the first time? If yes, then you should exercise patience for an additional 24 hours. The payment will be updated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rahl007: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello,
Is it actually notifying you that the payment has failed or is it just stuck in the processing and continue application cycle. I’m having issues with payments too and I’ve even used two foreign bank cards so idk what’s happening.
Kolajero:
Good morning all.

I have been trying using GTBank US Dollar Mastercard to pay for IRCC study permit application fees but it has been declining it.

Please, is the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) now restricting the use of US Dollar Card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2022
Kolajero:
Good morning all.

I'm guessing its same issue i had with my UBA USD card, it never worked, sent a dm to ircc on twitter and they stated that my bank blocked something on the card, went to the bank only to be told the card was not profiled to work on such platform.

Las las i used barter virtual USD that has now been suspended.

-Try contacting your bank with a screenshot of the error prompt to review.
-Try other USD card if you know someone that has one.
-A prepaid USD card might work if you know someone that has one.
-Look for any virtual USD card that still works.

good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigdaddy001: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2022
Thanks @bullstriker and @Gigdraft for your reply to my Acct stuff on the previous thread I really appreciate.
And I'll be sure to quote you once I get my PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2022
Rahl007:
Hi there, no the card wasn’t debited. That’s the issue. And 24 hours later, we tried another card but it wasn’t debited either.
I attached an image of what it looks like now

Hi Rahl007,

From the screenshot, it's apparent that your application isn't yet submitted. Could you please confirm if you didn't use a virtual card. If not, then employ the Report a Technical Issue Button at the top of your account. It's a medium of notifying IRCC about the glitch in their system.

I hope this helps?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2022
Creativebelle:
Pls my fellow applicants.

How does my MBS work?

Will the bank send the statement of acct directly to embassy?

Will they send the mbs before I submit my application.

Will I be the one to ask the bank when to send to embassy..

Pls i need clarification..
Thank you

Hello Creativebelle,

It depends on the bank's policy. Normally, you will be given a printed A4 paper containing the Ticket ID and Password. Also, a softcopy will be sent to your email. Some banks may insist on sending a copy directly to the embassy while also giving you a hard copy.

Success is all I wish you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perfectyyyyyy: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2022
Back here!

When this new thread was opened on Sunday, I came here with heavy heart because my application was 8 months old and eligibility has not even started on my portal even as at today. I made the prophetic post below believing God of miracle and also responded to someone post by saying “I knees to say a Big Amen)

Today today 4th August PPR dropped without eligibility starting on the portal .

Application submitted 20th December
Biometric 26th December
Medical Passed. 4th January
PPR dropped. 4th August

The God who did mine. Would do that of everyone still waiting for PPR.

My application is already 8 months old so I’ve all the rights and faith to say this new thread is for me and that I will be sharing my goodnew of PPR arrival here this week.

So therefore, VO handing my file would immediately release the PPR and today I book my space to share it in the Name of God the father, God the Son, and God the Ghost. In Jesus Christ's name I pray�

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2022
Perfectyyyyyy:
My application is already 8 months old so I’ve all the rights and faith to say this new thread is for me and that I will be sharing my goodnew of PPR arrival here this week.

So therefore, VO handing my file would immediately release the PPR and today I book my space to share it in the Name of God the father, God the Son, and God the Ghost. In Jesus Christ's name I pray�
Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perfectyyyyyy: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2022

So therefore, VO handing my file shall immediately release the PPR and today I book my space to share it in the Name of God the father, God the Son, and God the Ghost. In Jesus Christ's name I pray�

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perfectyyyyyy: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2022
A knee to say a very BIG AMEN

makano:
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:23‬ ‭

“Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:24‬

To all TRV hopefuls, this Part 22 shall rain approval testimonies all through in JESUS NAME. AMEN...

This Part 22 shall not pass you by, if you believe, let your Amen be thunderous...

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PPR HOPEFULS.. IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE..

Part 21 was great, part 22 shall even be greater,,

Stay positive and Let's do it again this part 22...

PEACE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Katehasty: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2022
Hello house which airline is the cheapest and advisable to use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perfectyyyyyy: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2022
Amen
Princeofabia:
I shall be celebrated this coming week!! ✅
We shall all get our PPRs this coming week!!✅
Amen!!✅

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ibizer: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2022
Good day house, please is it advisable to apply for a Pre Masters degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kiari: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2022
johnstan:

I'm guessing its same issue i had with my UBA USD card, it never worked, sent a dm to ircc on twitter and they stated that my bank blocked something on the card, went to the bank only to be told the card was not profiled to work on such platform.

Las las i used barter virtual USD that has now been suspended.

-Try contacting your bank with a screenshot of the error prompt to review.
-Try other USD card if you know someone that has one.
-A prepaid USD card might work if you know someone that has one.
-Look for any virtual USD card that still works.

good luck.

You can try Chipper App...I heard they have virtual card services.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2022
Kolajero:
Good morning all.

Hello Kolajero,

If you are using the GcKey account and the message displayed after the payment is "Unfortunately, an error has occurred: We are experiencing an issue with our payment provider, please try again later," use the IRCC Portal to submit your application.

Success is all I wish you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2022
1. You don’t need a police clearance cert to travel
2. You don’t need to take a pre-entry covid-19 test if you are fully vaccinated. However, you can be picked to take the test when you arrive in Canada.
3. You don’t have to update IRCC, but you must carry it with you to Canada. Ensure the program of study and school is the same one you used to apply for a study permit to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Omorocky:
Good morning House, Please I need a little clarity. Do I need police clearance certificate to travel, after visa is issued.
Secondly do I need Covid-19 test result to travel to Canada. I have my Vaccination card already.
Finally do I need to upload or send my updated admission letter via webform after Visa is issued?. Thanks as I look forward to getting assistance from you. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eddy2farm(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2022
Greetings to everyone. Please I need some information.
I am Farmer and a plumber. I plan furthering my plumbing carrier next year in one of the canada college (nbcc) for one year program.
I am the one sponsoring my self.
From the information so far, the One year program tuition is around 12kcad( this include books, insurance, and some others things).
I want deposit another 10kcad into GIC account in canada.my question is
(1)Will 25kcad covered tuition and leaving expenses there including rent for the one year program ?(I really don't want working there during this program to be a must for me)
(2) will they even give me visa since I am on self sponsorship?
(3) their home tie wahala self I don't even understand how to prove that
(4) I plan using my ssce, apprentice certificate and trade certificate to apply. Hope this work?

This is what I have for now. I am working hard to get money for visa, flight ticket, medical and other expenses here in nigeria , before I start the process next year.

Note. I am not saying I won't work, but I don't want to be desperate about getting a jobe immediately when I get there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2022
Amen and amen.. I will testify on this new thread.
Perfectyyyyyy:
A knee to say a very BIG AMEN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2022
Like @Johnstan stated, you need to decide on the program you want to study. To improve your chances of getting the study permit, go for a program related to your present occupation if you are not a recent graduate.
Let me know if you need assistance applying or getting an affordable school.
Proxmii:
Good morning house, please I need help getting admission for undergraduate studies in ontario universities for winter term so far I have gone through some sch website in ontario and their requirements,I have created my OUAC account I will appreciate it if anyone could be of help, thanks.
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Makano

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2022
Big congratulations to those getting the love letters and for those whose applications still tarry, be patient and stay hopeful, your love letter is being written by IRCC.

For those planning to re-apply, success is all I wish and ensure to respond to the concern grounds of the officer accordingly likewise adequately packaging your application with only the relevant documentation. Remember that there are no two applications that are the same, focus on leveraging your unique situation or profile to your advantage and build a good and connecting storyline.

Also, keep in mind that it is becoming a frequent trend for IRCC to flag an application for misrepresentation if found that an application was submitted by an "undeclared" representative.

Success is all I wish the House!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2022
eddy2farm:
I am Farmer and a plumber. I plan furthering my plumbing carrier next year in one of the canada college (nbcc) for one year program.
From the information so far, the One year program tuition is around 12kcad( this include books, insurance, and some others things).
(1)Will 25kcad covered tuition and leaving expenses there including rent for the one year program ?(I really don't want working there during this program to be a must for me)
(4) I plan using my ssce, apprentice certificate and trade certificate to apply. Hope this work?

This is what I have for now. I am working hard to get money for visa, flight ticket, medical and other expenses here in nigeria , before I start the process next year.

Note. I am not saying I won't work, but I don't want to be desperate about getting a jobe immediately when I get there.

Hello Eddy2farm,

It is good to learn that you are making headway to meet the financial requirement for your study permit application. Being self-sponsored does not guarantee the outcome will be successful even if you meet the study permit requirements.

The required funds to show as required by IRCC is C$30,000 as your POF, which you can show higher. If you have this fund available and can pay for your first-year study or for the complete two years (if this is the case), and have the GIC hold your LE for the first year of study, you will stand a competitive chance but doing this is not a ground that the application would be positive. The bottom line is to ensure you submit a competitive application.

You may want to look at colleges in the Ontario province. In terms of competitiveness, Ontario colleges give a good edge. Don't let the cheap tuition for colleges in the Atlantic province be the reason for choosing NBCC. Atlantic colleges make prospective students that could not attend the school forfeit the C$500 paid as a deposit to secure their seats.

It is best if you opt for an Academic study, rather than Vocational. Since you have business in your home country, that can serve as good ties if you present it in a manner that justifies your economic stability Also, endeavor you settle for a study that demonstrates a progression of your previous study and/or relates to your current work experience.

Success is all I wish You!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2022
1. In theory, the C$25K is sufficient. However, the VO might wonder why you would spend your life-saving on this program. This could pose the issue of your intention to return after your studies. This statement does not imply that they will refuse your application; it's just that you stand a better chance with a sponsor. To strengthen your application, write a good SOP emphasizing your plans after studies and home ties.
2. You can get approved as a self-sponsor if you demonstrate financial buoyancy and strong ties.
3. Properties, a family, job/business, belonging to associations, networks in your home country etc.
4. You can secure school admission with these.

eddy2farm:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omorocky: 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
Thank you sir, for the information God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
@justmellow @makano @frankrobnn @justwise @ketima @lekiboboe
@all, the link pinned up here by admin to Order for the GCMS notes, should I just fill out the questionnaire and apply or is there a specific way to use it? Please explain. Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ysth(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
Pls house, a friend told me visas are being denied to Nigerian students who choose to study at Nova Scotia Community College. How true is this considering the fact that the Atlantic provinces need people and tuition is low?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
New thread
New blessings
New PPR's

With a compelling desire I decree my testimony will happen on this thread. On whosoever's desk my application rests there is no rest for the VO
Favour gravitates towards me
Favour!!!
I rebuke the handwriting of failure
I'm will prevail, I remain the 1%
The earth, wind and sun favors me
I will extol thee oh God because you have done it
You have brought forth water from the desert!!!!!!!!!!

You have made a way for your child

#may 4

Hallelujah ��

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NeedAdvice00: 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
Gigdraft:
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR VISA IS UNDUELY DELAYED

I have noticed multiple complaints on this platform about the inordinate processing period for study permit applications. I empathize and could relate with the anxiousness, agita, distress, and uneasiness that are behind these complaints.

Therefore, to bring relief and enlightenment, I have decided to offer insight on the right decision to take when your application is delayed. I love to say little but in my little, you will find a walloping fragment of sense. Hence, I will keep this write-up to the shortest length.

What do you do when you experience an undue visa delay?

1. Raise a Customer Service Enquiry (CSE) Via the IRCC Webform Medium
The webform is the most efficient and quickest channel of reaching the Canada Immigration Department to process your application. This medium was specially designed to make application tracking easier. Thus, it is the mama that you run to when your application exceeds the current processing duration.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO RAISE A CUSTOMER SERVICE ENQUIRY:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The process is simple and illustrative.

2. Send an Email to the Department Processing Your Application
Before you do this, ensure you have waited for 5 working days. If there is no response, then please go ahead and send them an email. As far as Nigerian applicants are concerned, most applications are processed at the Nairobi Office, so here is an email address that you should employ: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

3. Contact a Member of Parliament (MP)
Once you have completed Step 1 and Step 2 and yet there is no change in your application, then you should create a friendship with patience for an additional 2 weeks. If after that, there is still no update of any kind, then you can write a Member of Parliament (MP) within the jurisdiction of your proposed institution. The office of the MP has unrestrained access to the Home Office, Home Secretary, and Immigration Minister. Such an office is equipped enough to raise an inquiry on your case, and you know what that could do to your application.

I must caution you to be as polite as possible while doing this. Your issue is with the IRCC and not the MP

4. Hire an Immigration lawyer
Note: before you resort to this option, you must have ordered your GCMS note to ascertain what is causing the delay. If the GCMS note does not help, then instruct your lawyer to submit a Formal Request Letter on your behalf. Trust me, this has always worked. But, if it doesn’t you have the last option.

5. Request an Order of Mandamus from a Federal High Court
This is an option I can only recommend to people whose applications have lasted for more than a year. When you obtain a writ of mandamus, the IRCC officials would have no choice but to prioritize the decision on your application. So far so good, I have not seen any mandamus that wasn’t honored within 60 days. But, as I earlier stated, make it your last resort.

I have spared precious time to compose this for your enlightenment, and I hope it helps someone out there.

Quote me when you have your PPR because it shall surely come!

You are a life saver

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: makhu007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.