Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227089 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentledaf(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

Yes you can

I just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
PPR for a friend. The timeline is 6 weeks.
Congratulations to her

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Gentledaf:

I just did
You can email me bro
azeezdauda33@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamAlexander: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
ShowYoung:

It is difficult to give you a definite answer about financial sufficiency due to the limited information you have presented.

However, I will try to answer using the limited information you have provided with the below analysis.

Your USD 45,000 = CAD 58,950 @US$1/C $1.31.

have been able to get visa approval with just a minimum one year POF for courses taking longer than one year.

Thank you for the swift and detailed response.

To answer your statement on insufficient information, I also intend to provide landed properties to support my financial capability.

However, you didn't answer my second question on whether I should move the funds to her account to pay for her school fess and buy GIC.

Awaiting your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

It has really affected my form A but we move

Instead of doing form A of 4 months at 585, wouldn't you rather go for black of instantly?

Meanwhile official Ircc as at today stands at 511. Tomorrow can lower or higher, everything is now in the hands of the "invisible hands" of demand and supply.

We learn every day

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
IamAlexander:

Thank you for the swift and detailed response.

To answer your statement on insufficient information, I also intend to provide landed properties to support my financial capability.

However, you didn't answer my second question on whether I should move the funds to her account to pay for her school fess and buy GIC.

Awaiting your response.

It is difficult to give you a definite answer about financial sufficiency due to the limited information you have presented.

However, I will try to answer using the limited information you have provided with the below analysis.

Your USD 45,000 = CAD 58,950 @US$1/C $1.31.

have been able to get visa approval with just a minimum one year POF for courses taking longer than one year

@IamAlexander
First of all, I didn't say what you quoted with my name. You edited my post by infusing the last paragraph.

Although I understand you are trying to pass a message with the statement; I think you should have replied with the statement and not add it as if I was the one that made that statement.

To answer your question:

Both ways are good. Whether you buy GIC or move the money into her account, it all depends on your case and what will go well with your situation. I know GIC gives the best impression that the fund is solely for study purpose and cannot be easily diverted for other purposes while still in Nigeria.

Also, kindly allow me to comment on what you said about getting visa by showing POF for just one year for a course with a duration longer than one year. I want to ask you if you know the percentage of people that got that kind of opportunity-- very few and insignificant.

I never said it is not possible but it is risky. I said I am sure that if you show genuine POF covering your program duration, you would have eliminated the risk of refusal due to financial insufficiency. Also, a great percentage of applicants from this part of the world have not been favoured by IRCC for showing one-year POF for courses taking longer than one year.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaymay222: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pls I got a rejection letter because of insufficient funds and the letter even came In French 😤I had to translate it … I used a sponsor’s $45k savings account and a letter from the sponsor a family friend, it’s a 9months program and the Tuition is $9000 cad , I had already applied before I came across this page.. pls 🙏🏼 make una help me , I want to reapply again but this time with the necessary information.
My bank statement dont have enough money tho .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edchos: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

It can actually, I cannot remember the person, but there was someone here who used his crypto portfolio, I think he showed his trading portfolio and explained it.

The other option is Pay for full tuition and buy GIC for living expenses. Then you won't need to rely so much on the statement.

Pls, how can someone buy GIC? Please, throw more light on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please what do you take to VFS for passport pickup ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
daisy1:
PPR ALERT!!

My PPR came in today at 7am.

I am a first time applicant and I have had  a USA B1 visa refusal before.

BACKGROUND
My initial target was to go to the UK to school because everyone I spoke to said Canada was hard to get into. Last year I applied to about 5 schools, 2 in UK and 3 in Canada.

Fanshawe responded really quickly, I almost didn't take it as I wanted George Brown, they had a course a bit closer to what I currently do, but one mind was like, just take what you see first, so I accepted their offer and I paid 9k CAD using my GTBank USD card.  2-3 months later, none of the other schools I applied to accepted me, George brown I really wanted, said my study gap was more than 5 years as the last time I was in school was in 2011.

I then came on nairaland and I read as much as I could from here, I even asked questions and I got responses. In my case, I have a fulltime job and 2 different side gigs, that pay me monthly so I needed to know if this would not affect me as I am self-funded.

THE APPLICATION

I did not need to write IELTS or verify my documents via WES.
My application to Fanshawe was done via www.applyboard.com.
I wrote my SOP myself, ensuring that I use headlines to break it so that it doesn't become a long read. One key thing I did here was explain how as an accounting graduate, I pivoted into Marketing. I treated my SOP as a story, ensuring that I hit the high notes really quickly without boring or oversharing irrelevant information. The headlines and a brief synopsis for what each section contains can be found below:

YOUR NAME
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
Lagos Nigeria.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

- Introduction: In this section, I gave my name, a bit of my educational background and the course I want to go and study in Canada. I ended this section with saying how this course will improve my career

ABOUT ME
In this section, I gave some info about my family, If you are married, state that, have kids, state it here

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
in this section, I gave more information about my education, I only have a BSC in accounting, so to set the ball rolling for why I want to take a different path in my studies, I stated why I am making the switch to a different course of study.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
in this section, I talked about my work experience, showing a clear progression of my career from after university to date.

REASONS FOR PURSUING (INSERT YOUR COURSE NAME HERE) COURSE IN CANADA
here I talked about why pursuing this course in Canada was important to me, in my case it was very important to get an additional degree in the field I currently work in, if I wanted to advance in my career.

WHY FANSHAWE COLLEGE IN CANADA?
ExIplain why you chose this school and not any other. It would be great to look through your school's website and find out what makes them standout and add it in this section.

SPONSORSHIP OF MY CANADA STUDY TRIP
Explain who is sponsoring the trip, if you are self sponsored like me, state how much you earn monthly, if you paid any part of your fees, state it here, state how much you have kept aside for upkeep. If you are sponsored by someone, tell the story about why this person will pay your fees, show a clear relationship and also state their monthly revenue or salary.

MY FUTURE PLAN
here I talked about what I will do with the Canadian degree when I return to Nigeria

Overall, Make sure you stick to the point, tell a clear story about your life. The general rule of thumb for font size/type on SOP is times new roman, size 12 with a line spacing of 1.5 (I don't know if this is important, but it does make your writeup look neater.

THE SUBMISSION
I submitted my application on March 30, these are documents I submitted
I used the GCKey portal to submit.
- All the IMM forms
- Letter of acceptance
- Passport
- Digital photo
- Medical e-sheet
- Proof of funds (MBS for my USD account as well as MBS for my Naira account, Payment receipt from Flywire to fanshawe)
- Client Information (see all the documents below)
- SOP
- Invoices I sent to clients for my side gig
- My Payoneer account print out (if you are a freelancer, you will know what this is)
- A picture of my car
- My car ownership papers
- My old scheghen visa
-My full time job contract showing clearly that I am still going to be working for them, I am not on leave. This was my home tie. I did not need a study leave letter because of this.
- Shares certificate I received from this fulltime job.

THE WAIT
This is the timeline after submission
- Upfront medical IOM - March 20
- Apllication was submitted - March 30
- Confirmation of application - March 31
- Biometrics letter - March 31
Biometrics done - April 5
Then silence...
I scheduled emails via my gmail to send to the IRCC emails, Newyork, beijing, nairobi at least once a day. I just scheduled the email for 10 days in like 1 hour and I just left it, same email no changes and my subject line was URGENT - STUDY PERMIT.
May 30 - Medical passed
June 8 - Correspondence letter (BVL)
Then silence again, it was unusual as BVL comes a few hours before PPR but mine didn't, so I started researching again. Then angie88 told me to create an account via https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login to check if I would see my visa document number. On June 9, I checked and my visa and study permit numbers were there under the Document status. I sent a couple of emails but I got a generic response.

THE FINAL APPROVAL.
During the weekend, I had scheduled like 42 emails to go out to all IRCC offices starting from 10am today, but at 7am, I got the PPR. I had to stop all the scheduled emails immediately
June 19 - PPR

TIMELINE
- Upfront medical IOM - March 20
- Application was submitted - March 30
- Confirmation of application - March 31
- Biometrics letter - March 31
- Biometrics done - April 5 (Updated on GCkey same day)
- May 30 - Medical passed
- June 8 - Correspondence letter (BVL)
- June 19 - PPR
Congrats Champ

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Og21: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pls is there a group for Humber college September 2023?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
Edchos:

Pls, how can someone buy GIC? Please, throw more light on this

Firstly, you need to open a domiciliary account in Nigeria, this is the account you will pay in the USD that will be sent to the Bank in Canada to buy the GIC.

You can only use parallel market for it.

Buy USD, pay into your dom account, then do a transfer to the Bank in Cananda for the GIC. I know CIBC Bank does for people from Nigeria, so check their website for requirements to open the account/GIC

Note that, when you land in Canada, the funds will be given to you over a period of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
jaymay222:
Pls I got a rejection letter because of insufficient funds and the letter even came In French 😤I had to translate it … I used a sponsor’s $45k savings account and a letter from the sponsor a family friend, it’s a 9months program and the Tuition is $9000 cad , I had already applied before I came across this page.. pls 🙏🏼 make una help me , I want to reapply again but this time with the necessary information.
My bank statement dont have enough money tho .

I suspect they did not believe the relationship you have with your sponsor.

Request for your notes, to know the exact reason for the refusal, you can share it here for the house to help you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legend1308: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Firstly, you need to open a domiciliary account in Nigeria, this is the account you will pay in the USD that will be sent to the Bank in Canada to buy the GIC.

You can only use parallel market for it.

Buy USD, pay into your dom account, then do a transfer to the Bank in Cananda for the GIC. I know CIBC Bank does for people from Nigeria, so check their website for requirements to open the account/GIC

Note that, when you land in Canada, the funds will be given to you over a period of time.
Over a period of of time? Like how long? Is a month or what? If it's a period of time how I'm I going to take care of my expenses when I can't access the fund please share more light. TIA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Erwinjstoff(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
angie88:
If u r sending through dhl,u can only pay for one way and pay #18,710 into vfs acc for return. Vfs has stopped two way courier
If u want to do walk in and submit and collect when it's ready, u will not need to pay any money, only book an appointment with vfs

Hi Angie , pls check your inbox. I need your assistance on submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rigato: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good evening guys,please what’s the pathway for HND holders in Ontario ?

Secondly ..which cheap college can I see in any province? Cause I have checked on NBCC but I can’t apply cause is September (fall) I’m seeing and I’m thinking is late already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Legend1308:

Over a period of of time? Like how long? Is a month or what? If it's a period of time how I'm I going to take care of my expenses when I can't access the fund please share more light. TIA

if you do like C$10,000, you will be getting like 1,000 every month. You can read the T & Cs on the bank's website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hello guys pls I need your answer pls.. who recently submitted his/her passport for stamping?? He/she should pls share information on how he did it.. I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I intend submitting in Abuja.. this is a cry for help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Gentledaf:
Good day everybody. I just received my notes. I need your input. How do I refire

You need to explain your lump sum deposits very well and state why the funds are coming as lump sum. Once you have been able to explain this, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ikay3502:
Hello guys pls I need your answer pls.. who recently submitted his/her passport for stamping?? He/she should pls share information on how he did it.. I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I intend submitting in Abuja.. this is a cry for help

Ikay, you can search on this thread, search with "passports to Abuja" you should get some hits that can help you.

However, please share your timeline, I noticed that your processing time was very fast, also share the documents you submitted, to encourage others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
With CIBC, you get $2,000 on arrival and then $730 for 10 months , and the 11th month will be $700.

See attached.
Bobomaigida:

if you do like C$10,000, you will be getting like 1,000 every month. You can read the T & Cs on the bank's website.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
CindyByFine:
With CIBC, you get $2,000 on arrival and then $730 for 10 months , and the 11th month will be $700.

See attached.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 10:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You need to explain your lump sum deposits very well and state why the funds are coming as lump sum. Once you have been able to explain this, you are good to go.
baba let's connect pls. Sent you a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Erwinjstoff(m): 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ikay3502:

Hello bro , did you get the information on it ? I would like to send to Abj too but don’t know how to go about it since i did my Biometrics in lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Willie3040: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hello Guys'

I am not happy at all right now as I just got a refusal letter to my application which read in part...

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

…................
Please note that I am self sponsored and I have a closing balance of 72M, after the sale of some properties.

My salary from current employment is 200k from my current employment.

Please kindly advise me on what I need to do. Can I reapply, considering the fact that the resumption in the school is 5th of September?

I will really appreciate an urgent response to this. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by West0099: 12:38am On Jun 21, 2023
Please i need help with my visa process… need to know the necessary documents before i start filing it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 1:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Willie3040:
Hello Guys'

I am not happy at all right now as I just got a refusal letter to my application which read in part...

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/ eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

…................
Please note that I am self sponsored and I have a closing balance of 72M, after the sale of some properties.

Please kindly advise me on what I need to do. Can I reapply, considering the fact that the resumption in the school is 5th of September?

Sorry for the refusal! However, you have not really shared enough information to enable people offer the help you will need. All i can say for now is that you request for your GCMS notes immediately, so you can frontally address the issues in your reapplication. Thankfully, on the average, reapplications get faster approvals, so you may still be in time to make the resumption date.

But on the surface, having a monthly income of N200K and posting a balance of N72M will require enough documentation to fly. How long have you been working and earning that? How much was the sold property? Did you tidy up documentation for the property? Did you have lumpsums in the accounts (besides the property sales) that were not properly explained? What was the opening balance for the duration you presented to IRCC? Were these issues clearly explained in your SOP? All these information make or mar the "POF issues" we often see.

Just arrange for the GCMS notes immediately so that you don't refire blank.

Cheer up! You will be fine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DenzyTouch: 2:17am On Jun 21, 2023
Please guys, any whatsapp group for Humber, please share link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DenzyTouch: 2:34am On Jun 21, 2023
So sorry you had to get a rejection.

From my research so far, I think your earning does not balance up with the amount in your account and to that effect, you will need to provide more information or evidence on how you've worked or done to earn that. If you sold properties, show them so the know you are transparent.

best wishes.
Willie3040:
Hello Guys'

…................

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Willie3040: 2:48am On Jun 21, 2023
Thanks alot Accessed for your comforting message. I think just like you explained, I didn't do enough justice to some of those things you highlighted.

You're right with the fact that having 200k as my salary as compared with the closing balance of 72M may not have been properly explained. I had some money been deposited at intervals which I didn't explain the source at all (2M sometimes or less).

I explained in my SOP about the lump sum deposited from the sale of my property with with a receipt and a deed of assignment. And I also presented some receipts from about 3 other lands I have.

But my question is this. Can I use a sponsor to reapply and not self sponsored again? Will it not conflict with the first application? Please how do I get the GCMS notes? What's the cost?
Like how long does it take to get a response to my reapplication? My first application took exactly a month. (I submitted on the 22nd of May and the refusal came 20th of June)

Like I said, I really appreciate your time and effort in clarifying your points. Thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏 alot.

Please I earnestly await a response soonest.

Accessed:

Sorry for the refusal! However, you have not really shared enough information to enable people offer the help you will need. All i can say for now is that you request for your GCMS notes immediately, so you can frontally address the issues in your reapplication. Thankfully, on the average, reapplications get faster approvals, so you may still be in time to make the resumption date.

But on the surface, having a monthly income of N200K and posting a balance of N72M will require enough documentation to fly. How long have you been working and earning that? How much was the sold property? Did you tidy up documentation for the property? Did you have lumpsums in the accounts (besides the property sales) that were not properly explained? What was the opening balance for the duration you presented to IRCC? Were these issues clearly explained in your SOP? All these information make or mar the "POF issues" we often see.

Just arrange for the GCMS notes immediately so that you don't refire blank.

Cheer up! You will be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.