Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227909 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
amila20042001:
Please help me with answers to the following questions.

It takes 15 days to 30 days now.

Rate is 573 as at today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
Thanksa lot
Bobomaigida:

Rate is 573 as at today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
Which should i go for? GCMS or CBSA, which is faster?
Bobomaigida:

Rate is 573 as at today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
air france

Thestarbear:
Hi guys, which airline do you recommend from lagos-toronto. Hopefully one that doesn't need transit visa, thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
if youre passing through only 1 schengen country then you dont need schengen visa. im using air france from lagos to france to toronto and no schengen visa is needed. if you book early you can also get sub 900 usd at least mine was. might have changed now. good luck.

Thestarbear:
Hello again guys,
Do I need the schengen visa to travel through Amsterdam? Want to use KLM for my flight, I'm reading that if I have the Canadian visa I don't need the schengen visa, wanted to ask if that's true?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
amila20042001:
Which should i go for? GCMS or CBSA, which is faster?

CBSA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FOF4u: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2023
Thank you for the clarification Sir. Please what is the exact medical test the Canada required?

Vheekthur:

IOM Benin is not doing Canada medicals, just UK Tuberculosis test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Myjoyishere: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
shanny001:

If you don't have your birth certificate then you need to get an affidavit... I think its called declaration of age or so... I'm not too sure what it's called.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Myjoyishere: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
poultryprocesie:
The eagle has landed !!!!!! PPR is here o. Thanks to everyone.
Apart from sending mails and webforms, I did a letter to the MP on Friday.
Best of luck to others on the waiting list.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmadinho2010(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good evening house and have been a silent reader for a while , please I got admission to cape Breton university in Nova Scotia , please who can give me little lecture about this province . Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by omekannaya22: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good everyone, please I need your opinion on this..My girlfriend got an admission early this month for january intake.we are planning to have our court marriage next month and apply for our visa together as couples. Will it raise any red flag at the embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
omekannaya22:
Good everyone, please I need your opinion on this..My girlfriend got an admission early this month for january intake.we are planning to have our court marriage next month and apply for our visa together as couples. Will it raise any red flag at the embassy?

Nope.

Just have enough funds to cover for your POF and documents backing up the marriage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Iceboyblog:
My appointment time for my medical is
June 28 8am, IOM Lagos and I live benin so is there any one that no of any hotel close to GRA or ikeja or even self ijota and please what is needed that day for the medical. Please anybody with good idea
How was the experience, can you brief us pls?
tenderjunkie:

You need your international passport and receipt of your payment
Good evening. I tried the website but saw that there are options for preferred time slot. But a friend was telling me that one has to go early.. Is that true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
pristinee:

Medicals done on 21st of June, turn to pass on the 23rd of June.

IOM Hospital, Ikeja Lagos
Good evening. Can you share your medical test experience please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 12:37am On Jun 29, 2023
Big congratulations
hillyvee:
My PPR timeline..
First-time applicant. (Did everything myself, with the help of this forum).
*Application submission - 6th May.
*Upfront medical - 8th May.
*Biometrics - 11th May. Updated same day.
*Medical request - 26th May.
*Upfront medical updated to pass - 26th June. (After a series of webforms and emails).
*BVL - 26th June.
*PPR - 27th June.

DLI: University of Saskatchewan
Program: Masters (2 years)
Tuition (2 years): 26,000 CAD

POF documents:
*Notification of Tuition deposit payment (1,000 CAD).
*Sponsor’s one-year MyBank Statement for Savings account with Bank A (15m).
*Sponsor’s one-year MyBank Statement for Savings account with Bank B (6m).
*Sponsor’s one-year MyBank Statement for Current account with Bank A (2m).
*Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s workplace.
*Sponsor’s work ID
*Sponsorship Letter from Sponsor.
*Affidavit of Sponsorship from Sponsor.
*Sponsor’s International Passport data page.
*Fund transfer request letter to Sponsor’s microfinance bank.
*Fund transfer receipt from Sponsor’s microfinance bank account.
*Rent Remittance notification letter from rental property.
*Deed of Assignment of Property in Location A.
*Deed of Assignment of Property in Location B.
*Building planning permit.
*Sponsor’s Tax Clearance Certificate.
NOTE: I did NOT present any bank statements in my name, nor letter of introduction from my employer. Sponsor is my mother.

Client Information:
-Well-articulated and itemized SOP.
-IELTS result (Not compulsory).
-Academic CV.
-Undergrad Certificate.
-Other academic certificates.
-NYSC certificate.
-Birth certificate.
-Reference letter from my academic supervisor.
-Letter of employment from my current employer.
-Two family photos.
NOTE: I did NOT present Police Clearance/Character report cert nor undergrad transcript.

Many thanks to @Mallo27.
I pray that more and more PPR's will keep dropping.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akpanmary76: 12:41am On Jun 29, 2023
I need a female to share a flat with in Saskatchewan. I just got my ppr. Interested person should inbox me asap🤗

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillyvee(m): 12:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Please contact @Mallo27. There is a telegram group for usasks. @Mallo27 will add you up
Akpanmary76:
I need a female to share a flat with in Saskatchewan. I just got my ppr. Interested person should inbox me asap🤗

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2023
Hello FAM

is it possible to change from Undergraduate degree to A MASTERS in Canada even though you stated on your study permit application that you’re coming in for undergraduate studies

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RositaAdeola(f): 1:14am On Jun 29, 2023
Wifefo88:
Hii guys..Anyone coming to Cambrian College Sudbury soon and looking to rent an apartment can reach out to me..Also if you want me to pick you up and drive you around. Thanks.
I am interested please drop your contacts

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RositaAdeola(f): 1:22am On Jun 29, 2023
JDB55:
I will be going to Cambrian in October as well.
I would be going too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RositaAdeola(f): 1:27am On Jun 29, 2023
peejay03:
Good Morning,

I am also going to Cambrian college in October and i also need a whatsapp or telegram group for the school, if any. Although, i have applied for my visa but still waiting for a decision.

If you find any cambrian college group, please tag me. Thank you.

Please i need too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RositaAdeola(f): 1:31am On Jun 29, 2023
Olatunde101:
Is there anyone going to Cambrian college Sudbury in August?
yeah i am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 2:17am On Jun 29, 2023
okikiosibodu:

Good evening. Can you share your medical test experience please?

Hi, it was smooth and well organised. Just make sure you get there very early, before 8am.

Is there any thing in particular you want to know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 2:18am On Jun 29, 2023
Good evening all, pls I need info from anyone that submitted his/her passport through UPS office beside vfs lekki Lagos, and opted for self pick up in vfs when ready....... How much did u pay?.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gold90: 4:38am On Jun 29, 2023
Wow!!!!!!!! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
This is incredible...
I'm so happy for you
How did you get your MP's address?
Kindly share how you got his email address and the content of the mail you sent remember I told you I had same challenge with my first son.. I will await your timely response.. Thanks and congratulations once again
poultryprocesie:
The eagle has landed !!!!!! PPR is here o. Thanks to everyone.
Apart from sending mails and webforms, I did a letter to the MP on Friday.
Best of luck to others on the waiting list.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vheekthur: 5:30am On Jun 29, 2023
FOF4u:
Thank you for the clarification Sir. Please what is the exact medical test the Canada required?

It’s complex sha. TB test, X-ray, Urine, Hepatitis, HIV, other blood test, BP etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akpanmary76: 5:34am On Jun 29, 2023
hillyvee:
Please contact @Mallo27. There is a telegram group for usasks. @Mallo27 will add you up

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okikiosibodu(m): 5:59am On Jun 29, 2023
pristinee:

Hi, it was smooth and well organised. Just make sure you get there very early, before 8am.

Is there any thing in particular you want to know?
Did you use QLife (cos the calendar I checked said no slot from now even till the whole of July) or IOM (the process for payment seem herculean)?

Also apart from booking for a time slot, is there any implication for not getting there too early, even if the person got there before the appointment time (like you book for say 10am and you got there 9am)?

What are the documents to go along with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:39am On Jun 29, 2023
omekannaya22:

Just prepare enough home and economic ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2023
okikiosibodu:

How was the experience, can you brief us pls?

Good evening. I tried the website but saw that there are options for preferred time slot. But a friend was telling me that one has to go early.. Is that true?
Better to go early so you start early and leave early. Mine started by 8am and I left there 1:54pm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.