Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220551 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hi there,

-Make sure you’ve used the latest version of the ArriveCAN app
- International passport
- Letter of introduction (the letter the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit)
- valid letter of acceptance from your school
- have a valid electronic travel authorization (eTA), a valid visitor visa (temporary resident visa) (what they stamped in your passport when you submitted it)
- valid medical exam (It must be valid the day you enter Canada, it is valid for 12 months from the day you did it)
- Proof of funds (recent bank statement or GIC)

NB: If you’re 18 and over, you must qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to come to Canada to study as an international student.

You must upload proof of your vaccination status in ArriveCAN before you board your flight to Canada. You should also bring a copy with you.

It’s good to have all these documents but they won’t necessarily ask you for all of them. What you’ll be asked for depends on the officer you meet. Best of luck!

Wegoinghigher:
Hi everyone ,
Please who has the complete list of documents for presenting on arrival to Canada at immigration.
And also , please what’s the process for getting SKN

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
hey guys, please i have 2 questions

1. is using a current bank account a red flag ?
2. do you get a notification when medicals are updated ?

thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
1. No, it is not a red flag
2. No, you will not get a notification.
geekly44:
hey guys, please i have 2 questions

1. is using a current bank account a red flag ?
2. do you get a notification when medicals are updated ?

thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hafeez6948: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good day Everyone. Please i am finding it difficult
to find a flight to Canada most flights i have seen are transiting through the US and the ones that aren't, are over 2 million naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceDavo1: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
Congratulations. ....

quote author=duke2000 post=116167497]My child just got letter to submit passport this morning. We raced to VFS Lekki for submission. Last day expected in school is Sep 12.
- Application submitted in May
- Biometric in June
Used a Nigerian consultant based in Canada (introduced by a family friend in Canada) who greatly coordinated and midwifed the entire process. Not compulsory though, but extremely helpful given the high rejection rate these days. Be care of scammers.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceDavo1: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
PrinceDavo1:

Congratulations. ....

quote author=duke2000 post=116167497]My child just got letter to submit passport this morning. We raced to VFS Lekki for submission. Last day expected in school is Sep 12.
- Application submitted in May
- Biometric in June
Used a Nigerian consultant based in Canada (introduced by a family friend in Canada) who greatly coordinated and midwifed the entire process. Not compulsory though, but extremely helpful given the high rejection rate these days. Be care of scammers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
Try this website to book flights, you will get some that won't transit through the US. https://kissandfly.ng/
Hafeez6948:
Good day Everyone. Please i am finding it difficult
to find a flight to Canada most flights i have seen are transiting through the US and the ones that aren't, are over 2 million naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by omorefe101: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
My HND is in marketing, and please is there any affordable school. Please i need your advice
Chocs:
Hi there,

What course are you looking to do the post graduate diploma or certificate in? What course was the HND in? What is your budget? Nobody can tell you for sure if you will get a visa or not, you put in your best and expect the result. Providing more information will make it easier for people to respond to you.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by omorefe101: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
bullstriker:
You can get admitted to a post-graduate diploma program with HND; it depends on the program and school. And yes, you can obtain your study permit with PGC.
What’s your intended program and start date? I can help you secure admission. My service is free.
My HND is in marketing, and please is there any affordable school. Please i need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yes, there are an affordable schools. What are your tuition fee range and start date?
If you are a recent graduate, the program should relate to your present occupation and not necessarily your previous education.

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Customer Relationship Marketing and Sales Management (CRM2)
Fanshawe College
London, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,467.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Marketing Management (MKM1)
Fanshawe College
London, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,467.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Strategic Marketing Communications (1403)
Conestoga College - Kitchener Downtown
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,935.00 CAD
Application fee
$100.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Marketing Management (2825)
Centennial College - Progress
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,386.00 CAD

Graduate Certificate - Marketing - Research and Analytics (Optional Co-op) (2845)
Centennial College - Progress
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,386.00 CAD

I can help you apply, and these are for May 2023 start date. My school admission service is free.

omorefe101:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Fredba:
Hello gurus here please i have a question..
Deferring my intake and also to a different course because my initial course is full for jan intake will it affect my current visa application still waiting for a decision?
Hi Fredba,

Your decision is a wise one and will not affect your current application. You will only need to update IRCC and your application with a new LOA via webform. However, your latter program should be closely related to the former to eradicate concerns that might border around purpose of visit.

Can't wait to celebrate with you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnchan2: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
God did it .......

Its PPR ALERT
After 15 months.. Isn't God amazing

First Application
> submitted application: 3rd Nov 2020
>biometrics: 6th Nov 2020
>BVL:15th January 2021
>Refusal: 17th January 2021

NB: 1. I was not on this platform, so i was a bit ignorant about this visa process: i never even checked if my eligibility review had started
2. I started my classes online on the 5th of January, 2021 because my deadline for deferment had passed.... Trust me when I say, it was a really hard time for me studying online all these while without a rejection.

Second Application

> Submitted Application: 11th May 2021

>Biometrices: already done- 6th Nov 2020

> Upfront medical: 29th June 2021

> Passed upfront medical: 12th July 2021

>waiting began

>waiting continues

> still on the waiting list

> Noticed my eligibility review had started by 22nd September and it was on till the end of my application

> waiting

> more waiting

> Request for update LOA: 19th Jan 2022. At this point, I thought my waiting was over but I didn't know I just started this wait series.

> Wait continues: January 2022

> wait continues: February 2022- with prayer and fasting

>more wait: March 2022- praying continues

>intense wait: April 2022- I had an in-person exam I had to write.. the thought of getting an f in that course almost led me to depression... I still got an F in that course tho. Ill figure how to tackle that F when i get to school

>more intense wait: May 2022- As my application reached a year, i left naira land to focus on my mental health, because I cannot come and die because of visa, It wasn't easy for me to read testimony of people that applied much more later than i did get their PPRs---- well i was still praying and hoping on God for a miracle.

> Waitttttttttttttinggggggg: June 2022

> Wait: July 2022- towards the end of july there was a webinar where it was advised that those who applied before sept 2021 should cancel their application and reapply but i refused and decided to wait on God

>Medical request: August 6th because the one i had done earlier had expired. Medical done on the 15th of August and passed on the 19th of August

> PPR: August 25 -- i saw it on 26th AUgust

Sorry my PPR testimony is late here. Im back to give my testimony here and give glory to God for making me not wait in vain.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Johnchan2:
God did it .......

Its PPR ALERT

First Application

NB: 1. I was not on this platform, so i was a bit ignorant about this visa process: i never even checked if my eligibility review had started
2. I started my classes online on the 5th of January, 2021 because my deadline for deferment had passed.... Trust me when I say, it was a really hard time for me studying online all these while without a rejection.

Second Application

>waiting began

>waiting continues

> Noticed my eligibility review had started by 22nd September and it was on till the end of my application

> waiting

> more waiting

> Request for update LOA: 19th Jan 2022. At this point, I thought my waiting was over but I didn't know I just started this wait series.

>intense wait: April 2022- I had an in-person exam I had to write.. the thought of getting an f in that course almost led me to depression... I still got an F in that course tho. Ill figure how to tackle that F when i get to school

>more intense wait: May 2022- As my application reached a year, i left naira land to focus on my mental health, because I cannot come and die because of visa, It wasn't easy for me to read testimony of people that applied much more later than i did get their PPRs---- well i was still praying and hoping on God for a miracle.

> Wait: July 2022- towards the end of july there was a webinar where it was advised that those who applied before sept 2021 should cancel their application and reapply but i refused and decided to wait on God

>Medical request: August 6th because the one i had done earlier had expired. Medical done on the 15th of August and passed on the 19th of August

Sorry my PPR testimony is late here. Im back to give my testimony here and give glory to God for making me not wait in vain.

Na the second time you dey post this testimony be this.

You don post this your testimony this morning na guy. Abi is there something we're missing?
What is going on gan gan?

Modified: This is his 9am post that I quoted. And to those shouting. I never say Him be scammer. I just ask am what is going on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jollytravels: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Congratulations .....

pls I need to ask you some questions we have similar profile...I will send you a mail now..

quote author=Johnchan2 post=116178600]God did it .......

Its PPR ALERT

First Application

Second Application

>waiting began

>waiting continues

> waiting

> more waiting

Sorry my PPR testimony is late here. Im back to give my testimony here and give glory to God for making me not wait in vain.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2022
jollytravels:
Congratulations .....

pls I need to ask you some questions we have similar profile...I will send you a mail now..

quote author=Johnchan2 post=116178600]God did it .......

Its PPR ALERT

First Application

Second Application

>waiting began

>waiting continues

> waiting

> more waiting

Lol. I see. Jolly Travels
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnchan2: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
i mistakenly sent the incomplete testimony in the morning
EagleEye4040:

You don post this your testimony this morning na guy. Abi is there something we're missing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
If you took your time to read the one he posted earlier you’ll realize that it wasn’t complete, carefully read people’s messages before replying rudely.
Cheers
EagleEye4040:

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
Teebabe2806:
If you took your time to read the one he posted earlier you’ll realize that it wasn’t complete, carefully read people’s messages before replying rudely.
Cheers
I don't need to. There's a reason that modify button is there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
EagleEye4040:

Dear Eagleeye, I know you’re trying very hard for everyone to not get scammed by unscrupulous agents of the devil but please be rational with your accusations, I read this guy's post in the morning and it was halfway written, he posted the full thing this evening and you have a problem with it? Why? Did he ask anyone to come to his dm? Did he post anything contravening the rules here on nairaland? Did he solicit for anything? Please in as much as you’re trying to protect everyone I think everyone here is an adult and ought to be able to decipher who’s trying to lure them and who is not.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
jollytravels:
@Johnchan please I sent you a mail now can you check I need to ask you something please ...@jollytravels.

Thank you.
@Justwise, Make we watch this entertainment show together grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jollytravels: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
EagleEye4040:
@Justwise, Make we watch this entertainment show together grin

Hey guy caution yourself ...my mail wasn't directed to you and which entertainment show are you watching when I was constant here last year up till early this year ...nobody is known by me as Eagleeye or whatever...people that know my moniker name can testify..please be calming down .....some of us are old quiet member..and pls would you respect that...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EagleEye4040: 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2022
jollytravels:

Hey guy caution yourself ...my mail wasn't directed to you and which entertainment show are you watching when I was constant here last year up till early this year ...nobody is known by me as Eagleeye or whatever...people that know my moniker name can testify..please be calming down .....some of us are old quiet member..and pls would you respect that...
I'm watching you with my 3D glasses. I dey watch all dem agents here. Any small mistake like this, I go evict una from this travel section

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jollytravels: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
[quote author=EagleEye4040 post=116179954] I'm watching you with my 3D glasses. I dey watch all dem agents here. Any small mistake like this, I go evict una from this travel section [/quote

I do not have the time nor energy to waste dragging or mincing words with you...@Makano.... pls can you please tell this loud guy who I am on this platform...is Ircc that makes some of us go low key here..

So please tread with caution ...and carry your glasses somewhere else..maybe where is needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Toceen2022: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Sorry you had to go through all of these experiences. Our country needs help obviously. Thank God it was settled eventually. Congratulations on your eventual landing. May Canada favour you in all ramifications.
Amen to your prayers, and thank you so much.
All the best to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Toceen2022: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
kennyjoy:

I understand, but if you don't pass the first knowledge test, ICBC may retain your 9ja licence, and they will tell you to keep booking until you pass. Anyway, if you don't need a car right away and the job you're looking for doesn't require you to have one, you can go for it.

All the best my BC brother.
Alright boss, thank you so much for the info, I'll plan myself well before taking any move.
Hoping to connect with you one day in Vancouver.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
Amen
sweetchi1011:

Congrats, God will perfect the remaining
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Toceen2022: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
Electroweb:

Congratulations! So when do you plan to bring your family?
By God's grace within 6 months - 1 year if everything goes as plan!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shadybeauty: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
Congratulations
Toceen2022:
Hi guys, sorry this is actually coming late. The unimaginable stress at MMIA and trying hard to find my feet here makes it difficult for me to come online and drop my landing gist on time.

LANDING GIST
LAGOS - FRANKFURT - VANCOUVER - VICTORIA
Airline - Lufthansa / Air Canada
Date - August 18th/19th 2022.
Time - 11pm.

I never expected the rigorous stress I went through at MMIA. Got to the airport early at 6:45pm for 11pm flight, and went straight to weigh my luggage. I knew beforehand that I have 31 and 33, and 7 for carry-on bag, which I believe I will upgrade to 32, as per Lufthansa said it's possible. But their scale showed 32, 35 & 8kg. That is equally fine, I had no problem upgrading. But the lady who attended to me was just too crazy and started saying rubbish... That my only option is to look for extra bag and make it 3 bags, not exceeding 23kg each and I'll pay for one extra luggage. I never knew another wahala is underway. I bought a bag reshuffle and I got 23, 25, and 18. Luckily another staff told me to make it 32kg (pay for upgrade), 23kg (normal weight) and 12kg (I never knew passangers are entitled to 2 free carry on bags 8kg and 15kg (this can also be checked in). So I later paid to upgrade for the 32kg.

Now, this is where the stress began. Going through documents verification, my QR/Barcode on vaccination card only showed the 2nd Jab and date, the 1st was blank, because of that I was told I won't be allowed to board. (I've been fully vaccinated since Sept last year, and I do checked online myself even few weeks ago I checked, everything was showing perfectly well). I was told to call the number on the card if they can quickly rectify it, or go to the health service kiosk in the airport if anything can be done. That was how the trouble started o. Nobody could helped out, I was there calling the primary health care number on my card, moving from one place to another for over 2-3 hours. Nothing was done. Stressed and exhausted, I gave up, went back to the Lufthansa stand believing I'll have to book for another day, I asked for refund even if it's 70% (at least it's not that I didn't show up at the airport, so I should be entitled for a refund). It was at this point my brother in Ontario sent a screenshot on NPHCD site showing I'm fully vaccinated. I quickly scanned my barcode, still same issue, but on their site, using the personal identification number, it's showing the my full vaccination details. At this point, I reassured myself that Nigeria is truly a failed country. How could NPHCD site show different information on a single identification number. With the stress I went through, I cursed the country. Up till this moment if I scanned the barcode, it only show 1 jab, but if check on the site with the identification number, it shows the 2 jab. I was literally the last person on board. But luckily my window seat was still reserved for me.

I couldn't sleep much from Lagos to Frankfurt because of serious headache. In fact, I didn't enjoy the flight at all because of the stress. But after taking water and snack, I felt better and relaxed. We got to Germany - Frankfurt in the morning, around 6:30 am and from that point till my final destination, no single stress for me. The airport is massive, in fact, na train I take to my next Gate Porte (B-22). Went through security check and seated at the Gate Porte with other passengers going to Vancouver. Connected to the free Wi-Fi and made series of video calls. Our flight was delayed for about 2 hours.

Frankfurt to Vancouver was 10+ hours, so I slept, listened to music, watched a movie (Fatherhood) and before I know it, we are ready to land in Vancouver. I went to the self declaration machine, scanned my passport, all information appeared and printed out a receipt. I actually knew my bags would be sent to my final destination but a security officer said it would be in Vancouver. I waited for almost an hour and went to Lufthansa kiosk, the lady checked my details and said it's already sent to Victoria Airport. I went to immigration, spent about 15 minutes and my study permit was out (they only asked for my passport and LOI).

I missed my flight from Vancouver - Victoria. So, I went to the Air Canada kiosk and the lady issued a new boarding pass immediately without kobo. The flight was a short one, around 25 min, so before we knew it we are already in Victoria. When to pick my bags and everything was intact. CBSA didn't check anything, so everything I carried got to my final destination. Went out of the airport, took a yellow taxi to my airbnb accommodation. I was charged $65. If you know anyone that can pick you up at the airport, it'll be nice and save you some money.

Presently, I've got my SIN, Sim card, School ID and Bus Pass (till April 2023), opened bank account, got a permanent accommodation, booked appointment for BCID (British Columbia Identity Card) and preparing for my knowledge test so as to get my driver's licence asap.

Sincerely, if not for the wahala I went through at MMIA, it would have been a 100% stress-free journey. I couldn't even say goodbye to my people, couldn't snap a single shot with my wife and daughter. That thing still dey vex me till this moment.

Things are truly working here, pedestrian owns the road, not drivers. They must wait for you to walk through. Beautiful locations. Deers, squirrels and animals moving around and crossing the road, they no fear say someone go hunt them down
You go see car open mouth, Tesla na like Toyota, you go see one nearly every corner.
Many electric cars and products I've never seen or hear before. Infact, it's really good to experience living in a working system.

I wish everyone hoping and waiting a successful outcome. And to those that'll be flying soon, safe travel. Anyone coming to Victoria can reach out and I'll see how I can be of help/assistance. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2022
chuksinfotech:
Very surprising, got this email on a Saturday (yesterday).

Good day

Your file is under active review. You will be advised of the next steps or decision once the review is completed.

Regards,

Checked my profile and noticed a ghost update, please what does it mean?

October 30, 2021 applicant

@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1

Whenever you receive the mail from IRCC representative saying that "Your File is under active review". This implies that your file has progressed to the delegated decision maker's table who will review the entirety of the documents submitted in your application. After the evaluation process by this decision maker, the responsible immigration officer who is the primary officer in charge of your file at the Canadian consulate will be the one to communicate the final decision to you through your MyCIC account portal. Please don't misconstrue this email, thinking that a decision will be communicated to you within a shortest possible timeframe. It doesn't work that way in most cases I have seen.

I hope this satisfies your enquiry based on the aforementioned update you received on your application.

PS: This post is also applicable to passive viewers and future enquiries.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
omorefe101:
Hello,

Good day please I need help, I have an HND and I was told that I can not used it to get admission for post graduate diploma, is that ture? I was also advice I should apply for a post graduate certificate, please house I want to find out if I apply for a post graduate certificate with my HND I'm I sure of getting the visa, have it work for anyone here in the house. I'm 35 years old. And what are the affordable school for the degree

Post Graduate Certificate and Post Graduate Diploma are same thing and same level of education, don't misinterpret both levels. Also, you certainly qualify to apply any of these with your HND certificate and transcript.

For affordable institution, you can check: Memorial University of Newfoundland and New Brunswick Community College.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
lawajo:
Pls i have a question. My sister was granted admission at Uregina and she wants to go with her husband and son. Is the class of visa for dependent visit or which one?

The principal applicant will apply for - Study Permit

Accompanying Adult - Open Work Permit

Accompanying Minor (below age of 5) - Visitor's Visa.

It will end in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.