Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220358 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mexzy88:
Please i have a question. If are employed in your school and you work for 20 hours a week at your school. Is it legal for you to work outside campus for too? Like get extra hours too?

Yes please, your work hours are recorded and documented and defaulting can cost you your PGwp, however, people do it carefully not to get caught.

You can work full hours when your school is on vaycay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ola76421: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
He can transfer the land to you by doing a deed of gift to you. A lawyer can help you with this.

Manydethink:
Thanx makano
I am self sponsored but he wants to add d landed property as one of my properties documents

]Hello Manydethink

Are you a self sponsor or your hubby is sponsoring you?

You said your husband purchased the land and you wanna put it in your name, is it not supposed to be in your hubby name except he bought it for you though..

I will advise he puts it in his name or better still the Mr and Mrs will do i.e putting it in your names as couples..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ola76421: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
On the IRCC website there are two processing times for those that are within Canada and outside Canadan. Does it mean that if I apply from within Canada for my family when my application is approved that their application will be processed faster?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluwapelumidada(f): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please I have a question to ask, I applied for September intake at centennial college and I have submitted my application. Eligibility just started last week, and I want to defer my admission but is it possible to do that. I have only paid 3000 CAD. Will the scholl retain my seat for January 2023?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hi there,

You can work for an unlimited amount of time on campus if you’re working on the campus where you are studying PLUS 20 hours per week off-campus, unless your study permit says otherwise. You can see more information on IRCC’s website. Screenshots from it are attached below.

Cheers!
Mexzy88:
Please i have a question. If are employed in your school and you work for 20 hours a week at your school. Is it legal for you to work outside campus for too? Like get extra hours too?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Flywire doesn’t process NGN currently and school said I should request for a refund and reapply again because I’m out of deferral option, I’m so stressed rn
I mailed school about it still waiting for a response
If someone receives it for me in canada I’ll have to add additional money to it because school deducts $1000 admin fee I think is better to receive it here in Nigeria and pay again using form A for jan intake
Any advice from gurus here?
Nigeria is messed up fr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
Amen. My faith is still alive. The expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short
Virocrix:
Sorry about that. Please kwechiri. Your testimony will be loudest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
That an application is submitted from Canada does not mean visa offices in Canada will process it. Applications are signed by visa offices based on the country of residence you indicated in your application. For example, suppose your family is in Nigeria, and you apply for a work/study/visitor visa for them. In that case, IRCC will assign their application to the visa office in Kenya, even if you submitted it from Canada.

Inside-Canada study permit submission is mainly for people who want to change their status, maybe from a work permit to a study permit or an extension of a study permit. If someone on a visitor visa applies for a study permit from Canada, the application will still be processed outside Canada unless that person meets specific criteria. One such criterion is when you take a course in Canada needed for admission to your intended program. The situation is different if your spouse comes to Canada on a visitor visa and wants to apply for SOWP while you are already in Canada as a full-time student.

Ola76421:
On the IRCC website there are two processing times for those that are within Canada and outside Canadan. Does it mean that if I apply from within Canada for my family when my application is approved that their application will be processed faster?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Amen
God bless you dear.
favourdamsel:
Amen. My faith is still alive. The expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ola76421: 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Thank you Bullstriker.

bullstriker:
That an application is submitted from Canada does not mean visa offices in Canada will process it. Applications are signed by visa offices based on the country of residence you indicated in your application. For example, suppose your family is in Nigeria, and you apply for a work/study/visitor visa for them. In that case, IRCC will assign their application to the visa office in Kenya, even if you submitted it from Canada.

Inside-Canada study permit submission is mainly for people who want to change their status, maybe from a work permit to a study permit or an extension of a study permit. If someone on a visitor visa applies for a study permit from Canada, the application will still be processed outside Canada unless that person meets specific criteria. One such criterion is when you take a course in Canada needed for admission to your intended program. The situation is different if your spouse comes to Canada on a visitor visa and wants to apply for SOWP while you are already in Canada as a full-time student.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening. Please I have a serious problem.

My school is starting 7th of September, so I emailed my school on deference, they replied that they don’t defer that I will have to reapply which is not certain if they will give me admission for fall 2023. They also said they don’t take winter admission cos it’s close for 2023.

Please I’m confused, I applied for visa in July and it’s looking like I may not get decision by September, I intend applying to schools that allow January intake because my school university of Ottawa has closed winter intake but I don’t know if it will affect my visa application. And how do I go about this, please I need help

NB: I used university of Ottawa for my visa application and they want to withdraw my admission before September 20.
What if IRCC gives me visa but I don’t have any school to go to then, what would happen? What’s the solution? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trondevices: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys,
I’m self sponsored and I run my own legitimate company with evidence and proofs .I just got my admission letter and also paid tuition deposit .my agent suggest I drop a statement of 30million balance how valid is that figure .please I’m open to your candid advice or if there is anyone who is also self sponsoring we can share thoughts .thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello Bullstriker

I wasn't in anyway opposing you bro, I just touched on that particular sentence where you wrote "Lump sum is always a red flag" if you had written "Lump-sum is always a red flag without explanation like the 1st bolded" then I wouldn't have mentioned you as regards that statement cos the later seems like a complete statement. I personally have worked with applicants who had huge amounts in their accounts and they still got their Visas because we made sure we explain in details about the lump sum.

And to the 2nd bolded, more knowledgeable than others?? grin. Bro, I am still learning, no one knows it all.. Apart from dishing out professional advises here, I also read up and research (on nairaland and outside nairaland) everyday as regards Canadian immigration. I am just doing my thing here with the little time I spend here and I go offline as I do not spend the whole day here (I have a Job I do as a Computer programmer)..

In my ending part of the post, I even gave you kudos for the great work you have been doing while I was away from here for days, but you didn't see that cos you obviously took it personal.. Once again kudos for the great work you doing here..

I always come in Peace.

bullstriker:
You are just unnecessarily trying to oppose something clear. What does a red flag mean? Is it not something that can draw attention and lead to further scrutiny? Again, I wonder why you are eager to oppose without first gaining an understanding. First, you commented on my statement regarding an application assessment before it is sent to a visa officer to make the final decision. Luckily @ Frankrobbn1, who we know has immense knowledge in this field, has confirmed it.

Lump-sum is always a red flag, of course, without explanation. However, if you are not focused so much on letting us know you are a guru, you would have noticed I went further to state that she explains the lump sum. In fact, I discussed how to go about it.

Sometimes the feeling that you are more knowledgeable than others can make you oblivious to things that need no interpretation. So, read to comprehend and stop focusing on a word.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
SaniceSanice123:
Good evening. Please I have a serious problem.

My school is starting 7th of September, so I emailed my school on deference, they replied that they don’t defer that I will have to reapply which is not certain if they will give me admission for fall 2023. They also said they don’t take winter admission cos it’s close for 2023.

Please I’m confused, I applied for visa in July and it’s looking like I may not get decision by September, I intend applying to schools that allow January intake because my school university of Ottawa has closed winter intake but I don’t know if it will affect my visa application. And how do I go about this, please I need help

NB: I used university of Ottawa for my visa application and they want to withdraw my admission before September 20.
What if IRCC gives me visa but I don’t have any school to go to then, what would happen? What’s the solution? Please help
Help me please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello Manydethink

He can go ahead and add it, it doesn't affect your application in anyway as its a strong hometie.

All you just need to do is to convince the Visa officer on how your Home ties will force your return to your home country after your studies in Canada..

Peace
Manydethink:
Thanx makano
I am self sponsored but he wants to add d landed property as one of my properties documents

]Hello Manydethink

Are you a self sponsor or your hubby is sponsoring you?

You said your husband purchased the land and you wanna put it in your name, is it not supposed to be in your hubby name except he bought it for you though..

I will advise he puts it in his name or better still the Mr and Mrs will do i.e putting it in your names as couples..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hi there,

Congratulations on your admission.

First I’ll advice you to read this thread thoroughly. Every information you need for a successful application is on here. Do not rely solely on what an agent tells you.

There is no fixed amount that guaranties the success of your visa application.

The minimum requirement for your study permit application is 1 year tuition fee + $10,000 cad for your upkeep.

Since you are self sponsored, it’s advisable to pay your full tuition and have upkeep money for the total duration of the program available. This will make it more believable that you can cater for yourself throughout your studies.

As an entrepreneur, you have to make sure you show you’re doing well for yourself. Your business registration documents, bank statements, tax clearance certificate if available, and any other document that shows the importance and success of your company. You can also show assets you own like your land documents.

You also need to establish how your business and assets will make you come back to Nigeria after your studies.

Lastly, avoid depositing any large sum of money into your account without explaining where it is from and attaching proof. Eg if it’s from a sale of an asset, attach sale receipt.

All the best
Trondevices:
Hi guys,
I’m self sponsored and I run my own legitimate company with evidence and proofs .I just got my admission letter and also paid tuition deposit .my agent suggest I drop a statement of 30million balance how valid is that figure .please I’m open to your candid advice or if there is anyone who is also self sponsoring we can share thoughts .thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hi , Please I'm trying to get my transcript from my school (Uniben) as I don't have the non-official one to use in the course of applying for admission.

I reached out to someone from the department and I was told to apply online and then put an institution address or a human Resource designated email of a company or any Institution. So far it's been difficult for me as I don't know anyone that can help

Can anyone please help out with maybe any suggestions ? Or what I can do.

I currently reside in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 12:10am On Aug 31, 2022
Good morning Sir Makano

I have given a reply to your response of my last mail. Please I await your quick response so we can get started. Thanks
makano:
Hello Manydethink

He can go ahead and add it, it doesn't affect your application in anyway as its a strong hometie.

All you just need to do is to convince the Visa officer on how your Home ties will force your return to your home country after your studies in Canada..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 1:29am On Aug 31, 2022
Fredba:
Flywire doesn’t process NGN currently and school said I should request for a refund and reapply again because I’m out of deferral option, I’m so stressed rn
I mailed school about it still waiting for a response
If someone receives it for me in canada I’ll have to add additional money to it because school deducts $1000 admin fee I think is better to receive it here in Nigeria and pay again using form A for jan intake
Any advice from gurus here?
Nigeria is messed up fr

Check again, you can pay with a Naira debit card or do local bank transfers to flywire.

But the downside is that they use black market rates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nosaidiake: 2:16am On Aug 31, 2022
KellyTech007:
Hi , Please I'm trying to get my transcript from my school (Uniben) as I don't have the non-official one to use in the course of applying for admission.

I reached out to someone from the department and I was told to apply online and then put an institution address or a human Resource designated email of a company or any Institution. So far it's been difficult for me as I don't know anyone that can help

Can anyone please help out with maybe any suggestions ? Or what I can do.

I currently reside in Abuja.

Do me a mail for someone to help u.
Nosaidiake@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 5:14am On Aug 31, 2022
Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for remembering us (the hopefuls) today. Thank you for settling our cases. You are indeed faithful and reliable.

Take all the glory now and forever, Amen.

Brethren,
He has taken over the case. Therefore, remain expectant in thanksgiving and joyfulness.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 5:16am On Aug 31, 2022
nosaidiake:

Do me a mail for someone to help u.
Nosaidiake@gmail.com

Thanks I just Emailed you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2022
Timex146:
Good morning all

I just saw that my eligibility review has started. My application will be 6 weeks on Friday. July 22 applicant. New portal.

God will come through for all of us waiting in Jesus name.

Grace Grace Grace is our story

There is nothing God cannot do

Did you do upfront medicals?
Is ur session September?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2022
Oluwapelumidada:
Please I have a question to ask, I applied for September intake at centennial college and I have submitted my application. Eligibility just started last week, and I want to defer my admission but is it possible to do that. I have only paid 3000 CAD. Will the scholl retain my seat for January 2023?

You can send an email to the school notifying them of the current state of your study visa application and then request the deferral. They usually will respond within two days. If ypur request reaches them before seats for Jan intake fill up, they'll most likely approve and send updated LOA.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2022
Praying this is the answer to the prayers of many of us here... Fast and positive response to your applications.

Y'all will celebrate and testify in Jesus name. Amen

I say congratulations in advance

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Good morning friends,

If possible, kindly join us now on NSPPD 7am morning prayers on facebook. Search for streams of joy int'l on facebook. Pastor Jerry Ezeh. Let's go to God in prayers.

God has taken over our cases. Glory to God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2022
johnstan:

Yes please, your work hours are recorded and documented and defaulting can cost you your PGwp, however, people do it carefully not to get caught.

You can work full hours when your school is on vaycay.

Johnstan
I see you know things about conestoga, how long does their application take to process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2022
Anytime I visit the Canadian study visa thread, I used to read of how Canadian Visa will test your patience level, I used to doubt it but here I am experiencing it first hand. My application has clocked 9 weeks today and it doesn't seem as though the end is in sight just yet. In the beginning it took almost 7 weeks for my Biometrics and Medicals to be updated and this was after constant mails and webforms. Currently my eligibility review is yet to start and my supervisor and program coordinator just sent me an email that they advised I declined the TA offer for Term 1..........this particular one broke my heart cos the TA team had already scheduled me to give online lessons via zoom and I was already calculating my salary for Septembersmiley.

Anyways I have declined the TA offer and by next week , the school will process my deferral to January.

In all I want to move on from this whole wahala and just carry on with my normal waka without thinking of Canada. I believe God will perfect it in his time.

My fellow June applicant, please drop updates ooooo
7COLOURS
Tolupe1
Isyma
Demmy10
Lilangel20
Thomsyne
Iremide2019
Sanicesanice123

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 1306(f): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2022
All the best to everyone expectant. It will end in praise.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 7:40am On Aug 31, 2022
Clean4sureme:

Sufficient grace we pray Lord.

I wrote to the MP and below is the enquiry I got. Pls what does it mean,that additional verification is been done on my eligibility

Just rest your mind, Your PPR is surely on it way and will get to you soon.

It will end in praise for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2022
Pls house , My mom is my sponsor and she has sent my first semester tuition fee to my bank account which I have paid using my dom Acc, she sent me 10 million naira few months ago which I have successfully deposited in a fix deposit account in my name. Do I need a Deed of gift for the 10 million? or she should state in the sponsor letter that she gave me 10 million which I have fixed and the money is to be used towards my academic and I will explain too in my letter of explanation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2022
bruno10000:

Johnstan
I see you know things about conestoga, how long does their application take to process?

It took roughly 3 weeks for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.