Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220401 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
Onyeara:

What they want is for me to apply for another intake for Sept 2023 pay application fee and another 500 confirmation fee despite paying all this for 2022 that is withdrawn.

I can understand the application fee cos it won't be free to re-apply, however, do you mean you also paid a non refundable deposit of CAD500?

Mehn if that's it and they refused to allow you differ then na advanced yahoo yahoo be dat.

On a lighter note, that should be roughly N170k you paid as non refundable if I'm right.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bolajiboi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
bolajiboi:
Good evening my people. Does changing of biometric date attract another payment. If yes how much or is it free.

All the guru in the house please attention to my question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
bolajiboi:

All the guru in the house please attention to my question

Payment is once, you don't pay IRCC twice for biometrics. Your booking date doesn't affect your payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bolajiboi(m): 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
johnstan:

Payment is once, you don't pay IRCC twice for biometrics. Your booking date doesn't affect your payment.

Merci boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
Mutantxcrypto:
Hello everyone.
I am new here and I will need guidance for my Canada study visa.
I am going for masters degree program and will like to apply for Sept 2023.
What are the processes involved especially going to the Canadian embassy
welcome ooooo
Na we dey here too. ooo
Will like to know too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gascoigne462: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2022
Good evening house. Please who has used info@newrealmimmigration (New Realm Immigration) for GCMS notes? I applied through them since Aug 5 for my GCMS notes and I’m yet to receive it. Are they legit GCMS notes providers? TIA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by saucekid50: 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
Good day guys, please I need clarification on this passport photograph issue.
Is it necessary for the studio you took the passport to sign and acknowledged you are the person in the photograph? And secondly, will I scan the front and back of the passport since I am submitting online?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rasakiopoewa: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2022
rahmeekadigz:
This was the reason given.i submitted my dad's bank statement with 12m ,company account with 35m,my personal statement 1.5million..also submitted 3 landed properties of my dad. The last gcms note I got in June, it was written that the bank statement was illegible
I had same issue and I was later issued my visa. Use MBS and address lump sum in clear details with proof.( receipt, invoice transaction e t.c)
Let your SOP be well detailed. Job prospect to be linked to well grounded organisations. Best of luck
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
The person in question is legit.
Everyone knows GCMS takes time these days. Just relax, you’d get it.
If you want the person’s contact, I can provide it. Just send me an email. We talked few hours ago.

gascoigne462:
Good evening house. Please who has used info@newrealmimmigration (New Realm Immigration) for GCMS notes? I applied through them since Aug 5 for my GCMS notes and I’m yet to receive it. Are they legit GCMS notes providers? TIA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
I just messaged you now,please respond. Thank you
Rasakiopoewa:

I had same issue and I was later issued my visa. Use MBS and address lump sum in clear details with proof.( receipt, invoice transaction e t.c)
Let your SOP be well detailed. Job prospect to be linked to well grounded organisations. Best of luck
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyeara: 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
johnstan:

I can understand the application fee cos it won't be free to re-apply, however, do you mean you also paid a non refundable deposit of CAD500?

Mehn if that's it and they refused to allow you differ then na advanced yahoo yahoo be dat.

On a lighter note, that should be roughly N170k you paid as non refundable if I'm right.
Yes, I paid 10,750 including 500 non refundable fee. They will only refund 10,250 less 500 .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hanzat:
Hi, some province are relaxing that school age rule. In Nova Scotia school age was 5 years old, but for this year Sept 7th, 2023. The new school age for pre-primary education is 4 years.
As CharitoJames mentioned, daycare is not free, it is really expensive even for PRs and citizen after subsidy reduction.
Anyways, all the best

@Hanzat please are you based at Nova Scotia?? Wants help with somethings

And I sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cannyonyi: 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
Please I need help to this odd situation. I mistakenly applied for a visitors visa instead of study visa for my two kids. IRCC withdrew the visitors visa with a note that they will correspond with me to let me know what next to do. I have raised several webforms and e-mails reminding them that I am still waiting for this so called correspondence but no answer. In desperation I contacted the MP and he told me that IRCC said they had already contacted me. But I have checked and rechecked our profile, my email and spams but nothing from IRCC. I really don't know what to do. We applied as a family since February, 2021. IRCC gave me study permit and open work permit to my husband since June but withdrew my kids application. Please has anyone been in this position or know of any one who has been in a similar experience abeg help me. Any information will help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
Femioye337:
Member of Parliament..... just check them out online and search for the ones in your intended province.
thank you Femioye337
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by awele001: 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
Onyeara:

If I were you, I will go go pgc in construction management, there are lot of jobs in this area all over Canada instead of OND civiling eng.
Construction management is 70 civil eng
Yes i thouught about this, but ibwas told that going for pgc, u must pay part of tuition fee, before u can apply for visa,. But undergraduate u dont need to pay, yet u still get visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by awele001: 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
johnstan:

You can secure admission with your Waec or HND, that's not the challenge.
The challenge would be when it comes to convincing a VO that your choice is genuine and you have the funds for it. If you can tackle this with documents and your SOP then you're good.

Also try to avoid schools like this NBCC mentioned above since they don't offer differals or online classes if there's a visa delay.

Good luck.
Ok thanks. Still searching for cheap schools or moderate conditions for international students.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
awele001:

Yes i thouught about this, but ibwas told that going for pgc, u must pay part of tuition fee, before u can apply for visa,. But undergraduate u dont need to pay, yet u still get visa.

School fees initial dep is per school not per program.
Some schools require you to make some form of commitment in form of initial deposits as condition for your acceptance while some schools won't ask for financial commitment.

Check your school of choice, check their admission requirements, deferral and refund policies before you apply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
johnstan:

You can secure admission with your Waec or HND, that's not the challenge.
The challenge would be when it comes to convincing a VO that your choice is genuine and you have the funds for it. If you can tackle this with documents and your SOP then you're good.

Also try to avoid schools like this NBCC mentioned above since they don't offer differals or online classes if there's a visa delay.

Good luck.
please which school is NBCC
I WANNA KNOW
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BULL50: 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2022
You should have received a message in your portal regarding the withdrawn application and a request to apply for a study permit. Nevertheless, don’t waste more time; apply for study permits immediately.
Let the kids go for medical if they haven’t done so.
Pay the new application fee; although you will receive a refund for the withdrawn application, this will take a while.
After you have applied, follow up with new emails and webform explaining the situation and reach out to the MP; otherwise, you are looking at another 2-3 months
cannyonyi:
Please I need help to this odd situation. I mistakenly applied for a visitors visa instead of study visa for my two kids. IRCC withdrew the visitors visa with a note that they will correspond with me to let me know what next to do. I have raised several webforms and e-mails reminding them that I am still waiting for this so called correspondence but no answer. In desperation I contacted the MP and he told me that IRCC said they had already contacted me. But I have checked and rechecked our profile, my email and spams but nothing from IRCC. I really don't know what to do. We applied as a family since February, 2021. IRCC gave me study permit and open work permit to my husband since June but withdrew my kids application. Please has anyone been in this position or know of any one who has been in a similar experience abeg help me. Any information will help me

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BULL50: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
GCMS notes take a longer time to process now
gascoigne462:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BULL50: 12:11am On Sep 07, 2022
Do you mean extending your biometric validity by doing the biometric again or changing your biometric appointment with VAC? Yes, if it is the former and no if it is the latter.
bolajiboi:
Good evening my people. Does changing of biometric date attract another payment. If yes how much or is it free.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BULL50: 12:18am On Sep 07, 2022
New Brunswick Community College
GloriaBekee:
I WANNA KNOW
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 12:41am On Sep 07, 2022
Please if you’ve ever contacted any MP in Manitoba.
Which of them replied and really did all their best to help?
Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseosaaa: 12:54am On Sep 07, 2022
Good day house
I'm a second time applicant. I logged my application July 23rd but im yet to see my medical and biometrics updated in my account. I am scared as i do no want to go through that stress of doing medicals again. Do i need to be worried as my medical and biometrics hasnt been processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BULL50: 1:29am On Sep 07, 2022
Send the medical report with the web form
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application
eseosaaa:
Good day house
I'm a second time applicant. I logged my application July 23rd but im yet to see my medical and biometrics updated in my account. I am scared as i do no want to go through that stress of doing medicals again. Do i need to be worried as my medical and biometrics hasnt been processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:42am On Sep 07, 2022
Can you share the link to the website you got this screenshot from?

For the photograph, since you're submitting online, you don't have to write anything on the back. Just take a digital photo and make sure that it is passport size, then upload it when submitting your application.

You only have to scan the bio page of your passport. If you have travel history, scan up to the last page that was stamped.

saucekid50:
Good day guys, please I need clarification on this passport photograph issue.
Is it necessary for the studio you took the passport to sign and acknowledged you are the person in the photograph? And secondly, will I scan the front and back of the passport since I am submitting online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolhayor: 1:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Just to encourage you today, please dont give up. I have been in the land for a few years now and flourishing. I know someone back then who came thru EE and wrote IELTS 12 times.

Please and please again don't give up, believe in your dreams and don't let these huddles discourage you.

Look at your mistakes, correct them and go for it again. Best wishes.

rahmeekadigz:
Got a refusal today after waiting for 7months..lol
I don wash my hand commot anything that has to do with Canada abeg...we move! Goodluck to everyone still waiting for a response, may it be in your favour

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ollysaks: 3:23am On Sep 07, 2022
daezy22:
Did you use MBS to submit both bank statements or you used a stamped soft copy bank statement?

In a situation, where one did not use MBS but rather applied using a stamped soft copy bank statement.
Please, what can I do to correct this error and send the MBS ?
Thank you
I sent my application a few weeks ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 4:42am On Sep 07, 2022
I will.thank you
coolhayor:
Just to encourage you today, please dont give up. I have been in the land for a few years now and flourishing. I know someone back then who came thru EE and wrote IELTS 12 times.

Please and please again don't give up, believe in your dreams and don't let these huddles discourage you.

Look at your mistakes, correct them and go for it again. Best wishes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 4:43am On Sep 07, 2022
Was it clear and legible when you uploaded after compression?
ollysaks:

In a situation, where one did not use MBS but rather applied using a stamped soft copy bank statement.
Please, what can I do to correct this error and send the MBS ?
Thank you
I sent my application a few weeks ago.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyeara: 6:25am On Sep 07, 2022
GloriaBekee:
I WANNA KNOW
New Brunswick Community College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseosaaa: 6:30am On Sep 07, 2022
BULL50:
Send the medical report with the web form
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application

I did that like five, six times already yet nothing. I also uploaded it along with my application documents. I did my medical since February

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.