Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220178 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseosaaa: 11:31am On Sep 16, 2022
Wealthh:
Good morning everyone ! Pls what’s the meaning of this..saw it on my portal this morning .I dnt seems to understand

Didn't you fill the form when logging your application??.

It says you should fill it and upload before the given date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2022
eseosaaa:

I dnt know anything about form ...my application is been handled by a agent...but I have accessed to my portal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2022
eseosaaa:

It says you should fill it and upload before the given date
Maybe it’s a random document to be uploaded by all applicants...cuz like have seen 4different people that are asked to upload it as well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseosaaa: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Wealthh:

Maybe it’s a random document to be uploaded by all applicants...cuz like have seen 4different people that are asked to upload it as well

Well it's not among the compulsory documents its optional but I filled mine. Since you are being asked for it, I suggest you should fill it.
I think you should still wait for others to throw more light, I might be wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teachme451: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Please I want to start getting intouch with profs whose research aligns with mine. Should I type,print and then scan proposals to them with my supporting CV or I should just just key everything about my proposals in a lengthy email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2022
eseosaaa:

Well it's not among the compulsory documents its optional but I filled mine. Since you are being asked for it, I suggest you should fill it.
I think you should still wait for others to throw more light, I might be wrong
Ok...I appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Me too!

HopefulSuccess:

Same here. I checked my portal this morning and the date is now 6th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doreesy4k(f): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Please is there any WhatsApp group for conestoga college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2022
mine is client information although

imm5257 is the application for temporary visa form
although it is optional, it is meant to be filled by applicants who will require a visa to enter canada
only people that are from visa-exempt countries won't fill it
Wealthh:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeshola12: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hello, please is there anyone going to Saskatchewan next year, if there’s anyone going towards there I don’t mind linking up and if there’s any group for students in Saskatchewan that I can join as well I will really appreciate it . Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hello can anyone help me with mail to contact IRCC and also sample of the mail to be send
My application is 10 weeks old and only my Biometric update on my portal no other update till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
CharitoJames:
Really? Ah! Even with my C6, i got MUN

Thanks for this response, please which course did you applied to at MUN?

UPEI has eaten my Application money and were telling me stories.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
BeejayB:

Hello.
Thank you for reaching out

I changed schools because I wanted another program. I didn’t even attend class for a day in the other school or pay. I deferred the admission to start for September to give me time to apply for other programs. I only paid deposit that I paid before I left Nigeria.
I always knew that was non refundable so it was a sacrifice to get me what I wanted.
Yea I get, all the best dear, I'll be in your DM as usual ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Congratulations, I'm sure it will be an interesting experience for you,

prosper!
HouseRavenclaw:
LANDING GIST:

Hi, everyone! I traveled to Montréal yesterday from the Lagos Airport. My trip was a fairly pleasant experience because my mom has a work colleague at the airport and he led me through the entire thing seamlessly.

My ticket had a layover at Istanbul and it was a very dramatic step-up in aviation from MMA. It was easy to navigate their system without requiring any help from anyone. I could pay in dollars and anywhere I turned, a huge screen with precise information reminded people when and where to be for their flights.

The flight to Montréal was uncomfortable because I'd never flown longer than 6 hours at a time before now. This was like 11 hours. Also, airplane food is kinda gross. I'd recommend taking snacks in your carry-on to anyone traveling here.

On getting to Montréal, I went to the Port of Entry where I got my study permit and the guy who spoke to me was really nice. I was prepared for all sorts of questions about my intent and whatnot but he just asked my school, my major and made some jokes. Then he let me in.

My father and his sister were waiting for me at the arrival section and everything else that's happened has felt like a dream. His sister drove us to our apartment and I remember looking out the window and just realizing that I was in a completely different ecosystem. I didn't recognize any buildings, people, animals. Even the people in the car I was with. I mean I'm literally getting adopted into a new family.

It is a theatrical change from my years in Nigeria and one I definitely wish for whoever desires it. I'm reportedly lucky to be here this time of the year because it's not cold. Just chilly. I've been outside with regular clothes and it's pretty fine.

I don't start classes till Winter or Summer - still deciding cause I deferred for a year when my visa application lingered - so I'm excited to spend the next few months exploring all the resources at my disposal. I'm so grateful for all the information I've picked up from this forum. Thanks everyone!

NB: Does anyone know how I can go about getting a new passport for myself here? I was advised to do that by immigration because it expires next year. Also, how long does it take? I've heard there's a place in Ottawa, can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Motayo97:

Thanks for sharing. Please can DLI be changed while awaiting a decision to be made on one’s study permit application?

Yes! you can change DLI while application is ongoing, but be sure to update IRCC with your new LOA and DLI. I just switched to a new DLI and I updated by raising webforms and sending emails.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
BeejayB:

Congratulations. Welcome on board

Yeah there’s a Nigerian passport office in Ottawa

Thank you! Any idea how long they take to provide a replacement passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Canadaornothing:
What did Christojames do? Men will always find ways to victimize the other gender cry

I think you'll find it's actually the opposite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Segzylonely: 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
What if you wanted to change to another school different from the school used for the student permit application?

I will appreciate your response

Olashile147:

Reapply for another admission with the same school ASAP or message them with a prove of Visa approval asking if your previous admission can be reinstate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mowney(f): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
CharitoJames:

Really? Ah! Even with my C6, i got MUN

@charitojames are you currently in canada or are you still waiting for your study permit? if so, when did u apply?

i am asking cos im also going to MUN and still waiting for my SP. i applied july 7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teezkid: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
This is such a wonderful story.
HouseRavenclaw
post=116708101:

LANDING GIST:

Hi, everyone! I traveled to Montréal yesterday from the Lagos Airport. My trip was a fairly pleasant experience because my mom has a work colleague at the airport and he led me through the entire thing seamlessly.

My ticket had a layover at Istanbul and it was a very dramatic step-up in aviation from MMA. It was easy to navigate their system without requiring any help from anyone. I could pay in dollars and anywhere I turned, a huge screen with precise information reminded people when and where to be for their flights.

The flight to Montréal was uncomfortable because I'd never flown longer than 6 hours at a time before now. This was like 11 hours. Also, airplane food is kinda gross. I'd recommend taking snacks in your carry-on to anyone traveling here.

On getting to Montréal, I went to the Port of Entry where I got my study permit and the guy who spoke to me was really nice. I was prepared for all sorts of questions about my intent and whatnot but he just asked my school, my major and made some jokes. Then he let me in.

My father and his sister were waiting for me at the arrival section and everything else that's happened has felt like a dream. His sister drove us to our apartment and I remember looking out the window and just realizing that I was in a completely different ecosystem. I didn't recognize any buildings, people, animals. Even the people in the car I was with. I mean I'm literally getting adopted into a new family.

It is a theatrical change from my years in Nigeria and one I definitely wish for whoever desires it. I'm reportedly lucky to be here this time of the year because it's not cold. Just chilly. I've been outside with regular clothes and it's pretty fine.

I don't start classes till Winter or Summer - still deciding cause I deferred for a year when my visa application lingered - so I'm excited to spend the next few months exploring all the resources at my disposal. I'm so grateful for all the information I've picked up from this forum. Thanks everyone!

NB: Does anyone know how I can go about getting a new passport for myself here? I was advised to do that by immigration because it expires next year. Also, how long does it take? I've heard there's a place in Ottawa, can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adjoah1: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's ppr guys. Silent reader���

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadaornothing(f): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
HouseRavenclaw:

I think you'll find it's actually the opposite.
You men shenanigan ends in Nigeria. That's what I will say to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadaornothing(f): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Adjoah1:
Can I PM you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nextBIGthing: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Adjoah1:

Congratulations

I tap from your testimony

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SamuelOgunniyi: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Congratulations. I'm next in Jesus name.

Adjoah1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
Congratulations
When did you apply?
Adjoah1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2022
I congratulate everyone receiving PPR but Omo! Oga o

lolathegenie:
Congratulations
When did you apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adjoah1: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
May 9 applicant

Biometric may 18

Medical request August 18

Medical done August 25

Medical passed sept 6

Eligibility since 7th

Today 16 ppr

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Congratulations! May Canada favor you
Adjoah1:
May 9 applicant

Biometric may 18

Medical request August 18

Medical done August 25

Medical passed sept 6

Eligibility since 7th

Today 16 ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
mowney:

@charitojames are you currently in canada or are you still waiting for your study permit? if so, when did u apply?

i am asking cos im also going to MUN and still waiting for my SP. i applied july 7

April 5th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Adjoah1:

Congratulations to you..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
yes, I think you sent me a mail already? is this what you needed? I send it to the mail.
doreesy4k:
Please is there any WhatsApp group for conestoga college?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.