Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226102 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akabells: 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please house for someone applying for undergraduates program at university of New Brunswick,and has a post secondary School diploma in a polytechnic,will the polytechnic need to send the person's transcript directly through email or would it be sent as a hard copy through courier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
That is why its always said that no one fully knows the operations of IRCC Visa officers..

I have come across an applicant who got a PPR request, sent his Passport and passport was returned with 5 years ban... That was the 1st and the last(except it happens again) I have seen so far in my knowledge of this Visa processing.....

Peace
tlk2Prince:
A friend of mine got her PPR even before her background check and eligibility was approved. Sometimes I’m confused how these guys works.
If your medical is approved then have faith.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cuttestprince(m): 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pls is there issue with doing biometrics at the moment,please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
Thomsyne:

In rare cases actually. Almost like there is no difference to be honest. Check "lets fly mannu" on Youtube and also the Immigration Canada SubReddit on Reddit. The SDS thing isn't always that fast.

Actually SDS slowed down after the pandemic. SDS applications are processed in Canada so they're also affected by Ukrainian applications.

Non SDS applications on the other hand are mainly processed outside Canada. That's why Indian non SDS applications are now faster than SDS -- they're processed in India.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by everydayboy: 12:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Xclusiveman:
Congratulations man!

@bepostive11 Lol… he has weak ties to Nigeria but very strong ties to the USA. Bottom line is that he’s likely to leave Canada after his program. Or what do you think?

I’ve been thinking guys.. do these emails and webforms really help? I actually think sending millions of webforms might even deter the officials from even checking mails and webforms that are truly urgent.

I’m yet to find any correlation between sending multiple random webforms and updates on applications though, unless they request information directly or the applicant sends an update that’s relevant to the process such as an updated LoA after deferral or change of program/school etc.

Anyways, congrats to those who have gotten their PPRs and prayers to those of us waiting.

I think it helps if you do it the right way.

By:

Looking for any new update in terms of a document you want to update (a sincere one please).

Send Via webform and mail and MAKE SURE YOU EMBED HOW LONG YOUR APP HAS BEEN CONSPICUOUSLY.

send via webform and mail concurrently; in the mail state all the information as requested on webform that they can use to check your App.

Goodluck to all hopefuls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amosey: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Kehmy:
Good day everyone, has anyone paid for diploma recently using For A? Kindly tell me which bank you used. Two banks have declined my transaction now.

I think the first thing you need to know is if the branch of the bank you intend to use can facilitate FX before you apply.

I would suggest you use UBA.
To speed up the process you can disturb them with calls telling them how urgent you need to pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 12:17am On Sep 23, 2022
Betterlife30:

One way ticket is okay. Booking a return ticket is not necessary unless you want to collect PTA from the bank.
can one get PTA, 2 months after paying tuition Tru form A, I hear it's quarterly, please how true is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 12:22am On Sep 23, 2022
johnstan:

I don't think it's refundable.
Check the refund policy

It's refundable if dem refuse the visa but dem go comot $200 from it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:40am On Sep 23, 2022
Yes, you can

But GIC is not a guarantee you will get approved, as many still get refused even with GIC and many get approved without it..

But to answer your question, YES..

Peace
gascoigne462:
Good evening house. Can someone who is applying for study permit but not applying through Student Direct Stream (SDS) use GIC as proof of funds (living expenses)?

@charitojames, @frankrobben, @justmellow
@justwise and other gurus in the house please help out. Thanks in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 12:44am On Sep 23, 2022
WiZiggy:
can one get PTA, 2 months after paying tuition Tru form A, I hear it's quarterly, please how true is this?

Yes, it's quarterly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amosey: 12:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Coleadeyemi1:

I am very elated this is happening to this guy called @Makano. Sometimes last year I got PPR and I posted my timeline and tagged the agent that helped me, the guy has been very useful and I reached out to him via nairaland.immediately after my PPR I came out to tag him and appreciated him normal normal since it's a tradition I met here. This particular guy out of jealousy or kind of saw him as competition started dragging him and making bad comments against him both with this handle and several other fake handles he created, they accused him of using fake handle to advertise, I was really pained cos I dragged d man into that embarrassment @justwise blocked the man without proper verification and I felt like this nairaland is more or less of a carcus thing out of annoyance I deleted my profile but kept on coming here once in a while to read comments if I'm less busy in school. I am happy that nemesis has finally catch up with him they never allowed the man to even talk and was blocked without no reason, I wish @bollybeejay is still on nairaland today to see how u have been disgraced. Karma is really a bitch

Nawa oooh, wetin Musa no go see for IRCC gate!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 1:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Quick question for the gurus in the house!

Do you still have all the money intact in your account after applying for the student visa until you get PPR?
I heard IRCC can verify your bank statements or check your funds in your account to be sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cuttestprince(m): 1:16am On Sep 23, 2022
cuttestprince:
Pls is there issue with doing biometrics at the moment,please help
Anyone aving same issue with biometric
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 1:20am On Sep 23, 2022
tlk2Prince:

Do you still have all the money intact in your account after applying for the student visa until you get PPR?
I heard IRCC can verify your bank statements or check your funds in your account to be sure.

The can only verify if the account is genuine or not but they can not check the amount that is inside but it's advisable to leave the money inside after application in case they ask for updated statement of account.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:25am On Sep 23, 2022
Tynn4:

Jos, Plateau State is where you can get thick winter coat because their weather is cold. And it's a bit cheap there too.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amosey: 1:31am On Sep 23, 2022
tlk2Prince:

Under the banker customer relationship, it’s the duty of the bank to keep the customer account confidential. The bank will never review any information regarding it’s customer’s account to a third party without its customer consent.

I have read people say so here but I doubt any credibility in such. If a bank reviews the state of it’s customer account to a third party without the express or written consent of the customer, the bank can be held liable if sued for breach of contract.

Well, I’m not a guru!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Amosey:

Is @bepositive11 Mokano?

I really don’t want to think so, hance I will just stop reading this thread.

You misunderstood his comment. By "this handle", he wasn't referring to my handle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 1:46am On Sep 23, 2022
That is arguably true.
An immigration consultant led me to believe that in the application form, we consent that VO have the right to demand applicants bank statements or to see the money in the applicant account. Or VO have agents in banks that help them check this things.

The one theory that makes sense to me is VO can confirm applicants bank statements/bank details to be sure it’s authentic.
Amosey:

Under the banker customer relationship, it’s the duty of the bank to keep the customer account confidential. The bank will never review any information regarding it’s customer’s account to a third party without its customer consent.

I have read people say so here but I doubt any credibility in such. If a bank reviews the state of it’s customer account to a third party without the express or written consent of the customer, the bank can be held liable if sued for breach of contract.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehmy(f): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2022
Amosey:

I think the first thing you need to know is if the branch of the bank you intend to use can facilitate FX before you apply.

I would suggest you use UBA.
To speed up the process you can disturb them with calls telling them how urgent you need to pay.
I did but was told they only process payment for bachelors, masters, and PhD.
The two banks are First Bank and UBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 5:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Too plenty lmaoo....Thank you. Your approval is coming soon [Aquote author=CharitoJames post=116906139]

Wow… Congratulations oh!!! Correspondence plenty lmao[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:55am On Sep 23, 2022
bepositive11:

The problem is our reputation. Just recently, someone talked about how their Nigerian friends go to Canada then defer their semester and start working on a study permit to earn. It's things like that that give Nigerians a bad reputation and delay approvals.

Yeah?? It explains their extreme scrutiny. Many of us know the end-goal for this study thing is PR but I mean, people should just follow due process to avoid immigration wahala. When matter sup, they'll say its village people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 6:05am On Sep 23, 2022
Like for real bro…
Some people just know how to mess things up for other people. Truth is, it will come back to affect them when they apply for PR because IRCC dey observe…
Thomsyne:

Yeah?? It explains their extreme scrutiny. Many of us know the end-goal for this study thing is PR but I mean, people should just follow due process to avoid immigration wahala. When matter sup, they'll say its village people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xclusiveman: 6:36am On Sep 23, 2022
No go rewrite para letter o. This was an open letter written by many Indians with no name or any other form of identity attached to it.
And it was posted on social media platforms.

Letuspraytogod:
Make I go re-write my para letter to Ircc. I don see motivation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 23, 2022
Nairalandboss:
You would have made a sensible point if you had not added the bolded. That woman mentioned she is a PhD student 2 times before I made that statement. So, I am not the right person to quote. There are people that got more than 3. And of course, I am better off except she has 4 publications, conferences - national and international publications and recommendations before she applied. I don't believe in luck. I worked for where I am today so I might actually be better off. And that does not mean I am one of the top 10 in my set. Meaning there are a lot of people better than me. So next time, just let a solved matter remain solved. Don't wake up a solved matter claiming you could not overlook it. It is childlike!

And Canada is so so sweet guys, especially when you are on scholarship. So guys, COME TO CANADA....... Nothing about this again please
I've been offline only to come back to your tantrums everywhere, despite people trying to put you in order. Sorry, you sound too childish for a PhD. No wonder Nigeria remains the way it is with so many PhDs. Learn to work on your emotions and stop bragging about nonsense. You got 3 offers blah blah..so that makes you smarter? You're in Canada...blah blah, that makes you what?

You neither know how many offers I got, nor where I am currently nor what I've achieved. Stop fooling yourself here by making irrational arguments all over the place.

There's nothing exceptional about doing a PhD abroad, there are even more PhDs than necessary these days. So if you want to brag, brag about a thriving business you have, or an invention you made then I will take you seriously.

As long as you run to the white man's country for a better life while you own country is a mess, there's nothing exceptional about you, even the whites don't have regards for you opportunists who can't fix your own country, reason they treat y'all as sub-humans and leave you screaming "racism". Stop bragging about nonsense!

The fact still remains that some professors will never reply cold emails no matter how perfect it is. Pay attention to the word "some" and go check where I've used them in my previous comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xclusiveman: 6:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Well done my sister. I apologize for the misconception and thanks for given some insight into your SOP.

In the end, these VO people like stories that touch. Their movies don’t lie. Lol

And like you rightly alluded to, na God dey run am.

Congrats once again. I pray you find God’s Favour and direction in Canada.

Cheers!

Uzoamaka123:
I’m a woman o lol �

Anyways I drafted my sop in such a way that I layed emphasis on the fact my family is in USA but I choose to school in Canada because I want to be independent.

I also explained how HR is a thriving career in Nigeria and Africa at large and there are always job availability and I want to use the hr knowledge to expand my business.

God just did the magic touch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gascoigne462: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2022
makano:
Yes, you can

But GIC is not a guarantee you will get approved, as many still get refused even with GIC and many get approved without it..

But to answer your question, YES..

Peace

Thanks for your response @makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2022
lolathegenie:
Hello, this also happened to me too
Just try not to overthink it
Even as my application has been approved the document is still indicating 'Not Provided' and the date keeps shifting

Ok thank you !
Waiting patiently it will end in praise for me �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2022
Benzdey4u:
Hi Khalifah, I'm also July 21st, same with me, no update yet on my on application,
Please is there any one going to Loyalist College ontario, for Winter semester, i wouldn't mind if we can link up

We keep waiting patiently and pray to God
I’m going to Mun and I defer my admission to Winter 2023 intake

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2022
obazi:
Please send me the four Nairobi email. I want to forward mine too

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca,
nairobi@international.gc.ca,
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca,
abuja@international.gc.ca,
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obazi: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2022
Thanks and remain bless always

Khalifah7459:

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca,
nairobi@international.gc.ca,
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca,
abuja@international.gc.ca,
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2022
Amosey:

Well, I’m not a guru!

You're right about not revealing customers info to third parties, however, this does not apply to institutions (an embassy for instance), the bank will not hesitate to validate the authenticity of your info when asked without consulting you the account holder, that's how the embassy figures out genuine and fraudulent account statements (it's usually not based on assumptions)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tynn4: 8:33am On Sep 23, 2022
Please l need to reach you Anon123 but don't know how. My email is chi.morah03@gmail.com please.

Anon123:

You made the mistake of not updating IRCC of changes in your admission start date or even told them you have started classes online with your enrollment letter.

You just have to submit your passport as the embassy will issue a visa start date from the date of that September intake.

It will obviously not cover for the entire period on the updated admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.