Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239258 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KRTL: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2022
Thanks much...in this case I have gotten my Study Permit.. contemplating on changing programs..just wanted to know if I can change to a diploma programme..mailed my school tho
Thanks for your response
JustMellow:

Hello KRTL,

The paramountcy of showing study progression is strictly a consideration when it concerns immigration. Typically, progressive education is settling to study at a level higher than the previous. This is not usually the case sometimes, as a student with higher academic exposure can likewise consider studying at a lower level due to so many reasons that should be clearly outlined and justified accordingly.

Giving convincing reasons will help the officer analyze the intent and significance of the study toward the student's developmental and/or career advancement. If the officer can be guided to understand the study progression in such a selected program, then proceed to apply for the study permit otherwise, the program should be changed to one that is appropriately demonstrating progression.

Success is all I Wish You!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KRTL: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
Send your number if you interested in joining the Humber group
Kinggame1:
Anyone who just applied to Humber college?please I need help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 12:08am On Oct 13, 2022
Thomsyne:

Yoooo!! Cheersss! Congratulations.
May Canada favor you and... Amen! We'll also celebrate like you soonest. Guess what? My profile and the documents submitted are very similar to yours.
Congratulations Bros, I like your fighting spirit. God bless you for the detailed timeline and documents submitted. May God favor you in Canada. I key into your Grace for my own PPR in my first attempt!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Justmercy04: 12:14am On Oct 13, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
For those of you you were desperate like me to find an MP to respond. Try Justin trudeau

Which Province pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2022
How much is 75.00 CAD in naira please
@
Gidgraft
@ justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nerd95: 12:51am On Oct 13, 2022
CharitoJames:

How many pages was your note please

45 pages.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by freshyabstel: 1:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Good day everyone.

Pls kindly add me to Canadian PG/Masters Whatsapp group. 09065107432.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 1:32am On Oct 13, 2022
Wishing you all the best please keep me informed xx

Niaso:
Yea I applied since Jul 25th

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:07am On Oct 13, 2022
CharitoJames:

Omg!! This is good news. Congratulations

Thank you very much. God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:08am On Oct 13, 2022
Demmy10:
Thank you, congratulations to you too.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Segun7201: 2:32am On Oct 13, 2022
Someone should please make a countdown of top ten university and colleges most nigerians attend in canada which is also cheap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 3:23am On Oct 13, 2022
bepositive11:

Then wait for another 2 weeks. I think you should get an update by then.

Well I don’t kn how their system really works, my medical was passed the same day I did my medical. Medical 6th October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ola76421: 4:31am On Oct 13, 2022
Gd morning everyone. @Lekiboboe, Bullstriker,Gigdraft and all. Kindly help with Universities in Canada for PhD in Economics. It could be Developmental, Energy or Environmental Economics. Preferably with Scholarship. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lionfx: 4:57am On Oct 13, 2022
Good day everyone.

Pls kindly add me to Canadian PG/Masters Whatsapp group. 07066546930.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lionfx: 5:04am On Oct 13, 2022
Good day everyone.

Pls how can I pay my acceptance fee to conestoga? Form A or with other way

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2022
jaydave:
Lol �
I am serious. I received an email that it was forwarded to his desk because it falls within issues he can handle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2022
Qualify when not certain since we are all learning.

Frankielilbaby:

" It's not true" are nicer words than what you just uttered we are all learning from here I did say what I know I did not just conjure up information you should have just let me know I was wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2022
- schools don't give PR
- does your wife already have an undergraduate degree?
- what does she want to study?
- what funds do you have?

These are important questions.
Isjaymoh:
Good day beautiful people
My wife is interested in applying for undergraduate course in Canada.

Can someone help me out on how to do the processing, schools that offer science course and schools that give PR with dependent, the requirements, tuition fees.

And when is the best time to start applying because we plan to travel next year

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2022
Yes.
SoftdudeKay:

Please, I was single as at when I submitted my application in July, but I got married last month. I am yet to get a response from IRCC. Do I need to inform them about my new marital status while sending my web form to them?

Kindly advise accordingly.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2022
harkintem:

Well I don’t kn how their system really works, my medical was passed the same day I did my medical. Medical 6th October

No one knows how their system works grin but this is the first time that I've heard them passing medicals on the same day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2022
Check the school's policies.
eddykelechianya:
Good evening. Please i just got admitted to Conestoga college but I want to change my program to another. can it be possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:06am On Oct 13, 2022
Contacting an MP is not as useful as it used to be.

Most MPs are refusing to do anything even for people resident in Canada.
Frankielilbaby:
Please na guys anyone who has contacted an MP and recieved a response please help a babygirl out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2022
Children are dependents so together with an existing application, I think.

The person in Canada is applying for a new study permit or for a work permit or PR?

If so, s/he can add the kids as dependents in the application.

What of the spouse?
Anu2002:
With the new portal, will someone apply for ones children open study permit separately or together in the same Application for a parent already in Canada? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2022
I used Ezylinkage from Canada.

https://www.ezylinkage.com/

Jaykeh:
Still waiting for someone to reply me pls.. Is it only in Lagos you can get police clearance? And how much is it now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2022
Wallahi, they are demanding more proofs than 10 years ago.

Congratulations!!

Biko, I take god beg you, focus on school.

The good thing is that you can work full time until end of 2023. Do not be moved by people wasting money and flexing.

Wishing you success!
Demmy10:
It's PPR guys!!!

First of all, I would like to thank God for my approval. I finally got my PPR after 3 attempts.

First Application:
Applied April 19, 2021.
Refused August 12, 2021.

In the first application, I used an agent because I didn't know much about the whole process of Canada study visa. I joined nairaland when the application was ongoing and I learnt so much just reading through the threads. I wouldn't even consider it as an application cos the agent literally did nonsense, omooo, I was like does this man knows what he did? After the refusal came, I decided I was going to apply myself the next time.

Second Application:
Upfront Medicals: 22nd February, 2022
Applied: February 26, 2022.
Refused: May 6, 2022.

This time I applied myself using the information I got from nairaland, but unfortunately I got refused again. That was my fault, I thought the Proof of Funds was going to be enough, but it wasn't. I thought this would be my last application cos the refusal hit me so harddd, I ordered for GCMS notes to find out the main reason, nothing concrete was really written there.

"They said the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense". Then I knew nothing much had to be done, just to make sure my funds is higher and also to make sure it would be readily available. I decided to give it a try one last time.

Third Application:
Applied July 2, 2022
Upfront Medicals updated to pass on the 17th of August.
PPR came October 12, 2022.
Eligibility didn't start until today when I got my PPR.
Just yesterday, I messaged MP's to help me enquire about my application and they were willing to help and today boom!!!
I'm just so happy right now, the feeling is so surreal.

I really cannot believe that I am sharing my PPR testimony, I just want to thank you guys for assisting me through this whole process. Trust me it hasn't been an easy ride but God came through for me.
Then to my fellow July applicants @Thomsyne, @Isyma and other PPR expectant, I pray your applications get approved soonest. For those that were denied keep firing, if I can get it then trust me you can.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

1 IMM forms
2 International passport
3 Digital photograph
4 Letter of Acceptance
5 E-Medical Information Sheet

CLIENT INFORMATION:
1 SOP(4 pages)
2 LOE( 2 pages)
3 Data page of my family Int'l passport
4 My sibling and I birth cert
5 IELTS result
6 Pictures of my family
7 Father's Award Plaque
8 Father's Reference Letter and Pension Statement of account.
9 Father's complimentary card
10 Father's proof of car ownership and drivers licence
11 Primary and Secondary school testimonials
12 COVID 19 vaccination card
13 C of O of father's property
14 Deed of Assignment of father's property
15 Father's cert to community development
16 Telex copy for tuition fee deposit ( first semester)

PROOF OF FUNDS:
1 Father's letter of sponsorship
2 Sworn affidavit declaration of sponsorship ( Very important document)
3 Tuition fee deposit receipt
4 Data page of father's international passport
5 Father's letter of employment and work ID
6 Father's promotional letters
7 Father's payslips
8 Tenancy Receipts issued to tenants
9 Letter of Explanation for 12 million naira lump sum
10 Gift of Deed for sold property
11 Pictures of sold housing property
12 Deed of Assignment given to buyer
13 Bank transaction receipt of full payment from the buyer
14 Receipt issued to the buyer
15 Bank statement of Access Bank( 20.2 million naira closing balance)

Thank you all once again and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2022
For some applicants, eligibility does not "start" until approval.

You can mainly know by calling or through GCMS notes. MP request should also show this.

SoftdudeKay:
Please, how do I know when my eligibility starts? I submitted online on July 13th.

Kindly help.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Multiply by 535 for black market rate.
GloriaBekee:
How much is 75.00 CAD in naira please
@
Gidgraft
@ justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
For those of you you were desperate like me to find an MP to respond. Try Justin trudeau

Frankielilbaby:

I am serious. I received an email that it was forwarded to his desk because it falls within issues he can handle.

I now understand that it's a little kid behind this your moniker. What you're doing is like advising an international student to contact Joe Biden about their US student visa delay.

I don't know why you deleted the image of the email in your first message. In the email, Justin's secretary said that your message has been forwarded to Sean Fraser, the immigration minister. He never said that your email was forwarded to Justin.

Justin Trudeau na your mate? He will never see that email you sent. He has much better things to do with his time. And you ought to respect his time.

@All Please don't go and email Justin Trudeau. Respect his and his secretary's time. It's better to email Sean Fraser instead. I still won't recommend it because at that level, he has bigger problems to attend to.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:20am On Oct 13, 2022
- MUN
- Regina
- Saskatchewan
- Manitoba

Virtually all Canadian universities have significant Nigerian populations. Even the McGills, Toronto's, UBCs, McMasters.

Only french speaking universities lack Nigerian students.

Segun7201:
Someone should please make a countdown of top ten university and colleges most nigerians attend in canada which is also cheap

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2022
From what I understand, either you go through people you know who are already in Canada, or you reach out to individual universities.

Some post which topics they have available and you can apply to the hosting professor.

Note that most PhD programs come with a (low) stipend: usually under $25,000 annually.
Other academic jobs exist (invigilation, actually teaching, private tutoring)
However, getting a Canadian PhD is great for any future Immigration applications or even moving to the States.

Ola76421:
Gd morning everyone. @Lekiboboe, Bullstriker,Gigdraft and all. Kindly help with Universities in Canada for PhD in Economics. It could be Developmental, Energy or Environmental Economics. Preferably with Scholarship. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jafian: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2022
Help me rejoice o second time application
June 10 application date
Bvl Oct 6
Passport request just this morning
Pls I did biometrics in Abuja how can I go about it .

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 7:44am On Oct 13, 2022
Jafian:
Help me rejoice o second time application
June 10 application date
Bvl Oct 6
Passport request just this morning
Pls I did biometrics in Abuja how can I go about it .

Congrats bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.