Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220569 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Foyeen: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hello Everyone:

I’m quite new to this platform.Following previous threads, I would to follow due procedures while I also ask a question.

Below are my timelines:
Application Submission: February 28,2022

Biometric Approval: March 8, 2022

Eligibility Review: May, 2022

BVL: August 12, 2022

PPR: August 12,2022

Here is my question:

My Passport has been stamped since August however, I’m yet to receive a port of entry introductory letter. I’ve raised several web form as regards to the above however, there hasn’t been a response.Although,my admission is for January intake.

I would like to seek for suggestions and advice as to the cause of delay.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mumf3:
Good afternoon please if someone get biometric validity letter (BVL) is it a sign for PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Guy please, I sent out a web form yesterday morning being 17th of November after when my application processing time has exceeded 13 weeks. I just received this email now and I don’t understand why they ask me to request for a change of address. When I clicked on the change of address link in the email, this second attachment is what I saw on the IRCC website.

Could this be because I applied in March 2020 with my former house address just before the whole Covid stuff?

NOTE: My application type then was Visitor Visa.

Please, kindly advise.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
For those that just paid 150cad visa fee recently . How much usd was debited on your usd card for d equivalent of 150cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Foyeen: 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Tolifefun:

I think so, it appears first on your dashboard before PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Guy please, I sent out a web form yesterday morning being 17th of November after when my application processing time has exceeded 13 weeks. I just received this email now and I don’t understand why they ask me to request for a change of address. When I clicked on the change of address link in the email, this second attachment is what I saw on the IRCC website.

Could this be because I applied in March 2020 with my former house address just before the whole Covid stuff?

NOTE: My application type then was Visitor Visa.

@bepostive11
@olokings
@Justmellow

Please, kindly advise.
Thanks.

Please, don't try to change anything. It's a standard reply that IRCC sends in response to web forms. Those are possible options that people could choose from if it relates to them. Since it's not relevant to you, you don't have to change anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jaykeh:
Please is it a red flag for my sponsor to mention in the supporting letter that I would be going to school from his house which is just 23mins away?

No, it's not a red flag. It actually works in your favour.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Thomsyne:
Pls do unmarried partners count as home ties?

Yes, one of the many possible home ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mumf3:
Good afternoon please if someone get biometric validity letter (BVL) is it a sign for PPR

It's a sign that you'll get a decision soon, but you can't predict how soon the decision will come.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
This might be helpful. A free application sch in US that offers $30000 scholarship for every student admitted

https://www.gowartburg.org/intl/?_ga=2.126233354.664846802.1666100322-1438909788.1666100322

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Plm11:

Have you gone for medical already or not coz they don’t do hepatitis test only hiv syphillis and others

I am just about starting the process. I have not submitted by application. Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mumf3:
Most likely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
My update as of today "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Thank you so much
JustMellow:

Hello Annidenobeh,

Locking a certain amount of funds in a verifiable and acceptable account gives assurance to the officer of demonstrating the availability of the funds when due. Before deciding to fix the funds, ensure to understand how and/or if it would help the application's competitiveness. The liquidation period of the funds must be at least one month before class resumption. A lump sum can be justified by providing sufficient evidence of:

• Property sales
• Debt or loan repayment
• Gift
• Grant
• Inheritance
• Return on investment
• Savings or contributions
• Contracts
• Financial support (from membership associations, organizations, friends, family, etc.)
• Compensation funds
• etc

Success is all I Wish You!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KimberleyNl: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Please I received a mail stating I should provide
Payment Receipt: Official payment receipt for the Biometric fee of CAD $85.

JULY 31 applicant. Please does this ADR signal a red outcome or a positive outcome. Just curious. I am yet to do medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Isyma:
My update as of today "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

Yaayy!! Wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please is it compulsory for me to add police clearance certificate to my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harley4: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
Tolifefun:
with bsc and master to apply for college diploma, it does not work like that. If you don't mind,you can apply with your WAEC, so that you won't complicate things for yourself

thank you for your response.

what about if apply for Ontario College Graduate Certificate? does it sound better?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Isyma:

Congratulations in advance

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Annidenobeh:
Good evening everyone
Please is it compulsory for me to add police clearance certificate to my application

Not compulsory except you’re asked to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
It's PPR guyssssssss.
Timeline coming when my passport request drops on my file grin grin

How farrrrr, you neva show us love o wink.
Coman share your news naaa. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deeteeneey(f): 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2022
good day everyone,

Is there anyone heading to University of Lethbridge for Spring 2023 (Jan 2023) session?

Also, i would like to findout if there's a whatsapp group for ULeth students

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Pace6:

Not compulsory except you’re asked to.
olryt thank you so nuch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NDOGO: 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hi please is there any female student resuming at Trent University, Durham/Oshawa this January 2023? Can we link up?
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
NDOGO:
Hi please is there any female student resuming at Trent University, Durham/Oshawa this January 2023? Can we link up?
Thanks a lot.

Is there any group for Durham?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
Chibzzy789:
Can someone be disqualified from getting the Canadian study visa if the medical exam shows that he has Hepatitis B? Thanks

No. But let the consultant know when dey ask you during your assessment. Because if you don't tell them and they discover after ruining your test, it will be stated on your medical report. Either way

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
bepositive11:

No, it's not a red flag. It actually works in your favour.

Okay, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
jaydave:
For those that just paid 150cad visa fee recently . How much usd was debited on your usd card for d equivalent of 150cad

140cad = 110usd

As at last week app fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Isyma:

When did you submit?

Has your medical passed?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceRey(m): 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2022
Just multiply your CAD by 0.73 and you'll see how much you will be charged.

jaydave:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samy2big: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
Joedave25:
SOP means statement of purpose while LOE stands for Letter of explanation.SOP is a document prepared by applicants (usually 1st timers) to explain their profile so far including purpose of their study in a particular field/ school; proof of fund, ties to home country etc while LOE (usually for reapplication) tackles areas of VOs concerns when applications are rejected.LOE is usually brief and more concise than SOP

It's always advisable to order for GCMS Notes when applications are denied to enable such applicant tackle areas of VO's concerns objectively before reapplying.

I hope this helps.

PLease i have a question on SOP and LOE. For instance
my letter of refusal only have insufficient fund and personal asset. Does it mean i will only write about proof of fund in my LOE or should i include every other things in my previous SOP with an additional or adjusted information on proof of fund?

Also, if an applicant is able to tackle the only refusal reasons given in the next application, do you think they will bring out another reason? or do you think the first and previous reason of refusal are the maximum reasons ever for an applicant. So far the profile remains unchanged?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
Comrades,

I greet you all.

I have been a silent reader for a very long time now... maybe too long... but I have finally decided to start my journey to PPR in this month.

I would like to plead for your help and ask that you hold my hand through this journey becauseee... I no sabi anything oh.

I am planning to apply to Lambton College and I don't know how to go about the payment for the application fee (150CAD).

Please advise me on how to do this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.