Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215386 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2022
Abolade4545:
hello everyone ,is it possible for an application to be four months and still under processing,will such application get approved??
Yes , very possible. Application can be 6 months or more and be under processing. The system is unpredictable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2022
Abolade4545:
hello everyone ,is it possible for an application to be four months and still under processing,will such application get approved??
months of processing does not determine approval. Keep praying and be positive minded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2022
Please what is the name of your school?

Ojb555666:
"Good morning,

I was able to request an update from the IRCC on your study permit application this morning while in a meeting with an agent. The following information is what I was able to find out:

The criminality portion or the application is completed,
The medicals are passed,
The biometrics are passed,
The eligibility portion was flagged as non routine, this means that additional review is required and they may or may not reach out to you to provide them with additional information or clarification
Because there is a portion of the application deemed ‘non routine’, there is no estimated processing time available
The email you sent on Oct 31st, asking for update has been received and added to the application file, but the office has not yet responded. Now that this update has been sought out, it is unlikely that they will respond to that email given they would be providing you with the same information that I have here today.

I hope that this information provides you with some clarification in terms of where your application sits in the processing stage. It is not uncommon for various portions of the application to be flagged as ‘non routine’ or requiring additional review – I wouldn’t worry too much about this.

At this point, there is not much you can do other than be patient in awaiting the finalization of the application.

In the meantime, I recommend that you continue to check your emails and other means of correspondence with the IRCC to remain up to date on your application status."

The above is the response I got from an MP,
My application is now 5months, no eligibility up till now, have sent several emails and web forms, yet nothing.
What do I do my people?
My school resumes January and no deferral nor online study option.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enddystar(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2022
noeloge82:

Is the 10000 CAD part of school fees deposit

Yes the school asked for initial deposit of 7500 CAD but she paid 10k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TrendyBby: 7:13am On Nov 26, 2022
Yes it is possible, anyhting can but we all pray and hope for the best... ppr

Abolade4545:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2022
Please house, in sending my application, can I use the new oral alone do I have to open a GCkey account too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by naijainstinct: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2022
Lilkalifaa:

Please have yoi booked your flight ticket? If yes, what airline are you using and what date is your departure?
No, I havent. Till next year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enddystar(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2022
noeloge82:

Is the 10000 CAD part of school fees deposit

Yes, the school asked for 7k initial deposit but she paid 10k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 8:01am On Nov 26, 2022
olufunbi:
Please what is the name of your school?

Nbcc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 8:11am On Nov 26, 2022
Please can I send an email to you?

quote author=Ojb555666 post=118690959]
Nbcc[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:43am On Nov 26, 2022
Buxel:
Hello guys, its Ppr. I received my stamped passport today!!!!!
I have been an active reader on this platform but 1st time posting.

I am a 2nd time applicant.

1st application submitted on 24th April, 2022 and breakfast was served on 15th June, 2022 for financial assets wahala.

Contacted Makano and we worked on GCMS notes which took forever to come (the devil is a liar).
2nd application was submitted on 30th September, 2022.
Truly, what God cannot do, does not exist!

By His grace, I will be resuming for winter class at Northeastern University Vancouver. (My Vancouver folks, where una dey?)

Attached is my timeline for the rest of the story.

Hey hey
Congratulations. Where did you submit your passport to pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by uxomykaz: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2022
sudo1986:
Guy, I have not seen anyone going for a PhD program at all. All I can see are Masters and Bachelors with huge amount of financial supports, including assets.

I have not seen any PhD applicant with funding that covers Tuition+10,000 CAD yearly.

How much should the person with this kind of funding provide to for the visa processing?

Apart from Mpower that provide loans to only Masters applicant, which other body provides loan to PhD students?

1) For most people, the study route is a means to an end, coupled with the additional work of getting a supervisor and getting funded, it's not an easy feat.
PhD requires huge commitment that most people are not ready to commit to, except if they have interest in academia.

As a result, the number of people going for a research based program is fewer compared to those going to colleges and course based programs where admission can be easily obtained.

2)I have seen numerous Masters applicant with funding that covers tuition and living expenses. P.hD applicants are usually few ,but I'm sure most of their funding covers tuition and living expenses. Yearly funding for Ph.D is usually more than that for Master's in the same course.

3) If you are fully funded and it covers tuition and living expenses, you would need to provide a proof of this (through admission letter showing the amount of funding, a letter of support from your supervisor to the V.O stating the research you are coming to undertake in his/her lab, stating you would be in teaching assistantship/research assistantship, the amount of funding and that the funding would take care of your tuition and living expenses). With the above, I believe the POF you would need to show wouldn't be major, probably something to cater for flight ,miscellaneous and first month stay before receiving stipend.

If the funding doesn't cater fully for tuition and living expenses, it is expected you provide the offset in your POF.

4)I really don't know, But why would one want to undergo a P.hD that is not fully funded. It is baffling to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2022
Enddystar:

Thank you so much. Please I need the steps on how to order for GCMS. Thank you

You can order for your GCMS here

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2022
Wow. Your blessed with a favourable time frame.. congrats bro.
I want to ask where did u do your biometrics and where did u submit your passport for stamping?
Buxel:

1st application submitted on 24th April, 2022 and breakfast was served on 15th June, 2022 for financial assets wahala.

Contacted Makano and we worked on GCMS notes which took forever to come (the devil is a liar).

By His grace, I will be resuming for winter class at Northeastern University Vancouver. (My Vancouver folks, where una dey?)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chimzy4real: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2022
Please any one here who just gained admission at seneca. BIT
September 2023

Please how did you pay the tuition deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2022
@Chemchem,

Either GCkey account or new portal is okay though I will advice you use GCkey if you are married.

I hope this helps

Chechem:
Please house, in sending my application, can I use the new oral alone do I have to open a GCkey account too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Buxel: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2022
Leadforteservic:
Wow. Your blessed with a favourable time frame.. congrats bro.
I want to ask where did u do your biometrics and where did u submit your passport for stamping?

I did my biometrics in Abuja and my passport was also sent to Abuja for stamping.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Buxel: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2022
Thomsyne:

Hey hey
Congratulations. Where did you submit your passport to pls?

Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2022
olufunbi:
Please can I send an email to you?

quote author=Ojb555666 post=118690959]
Nbcc
Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2022
"Good morning,

I was able to request an update from the IRCC on your study permit application this morning while in a meeting with an agent. The following information is what I was able to find out:

The medicals are passed,
The eligibility portion was flagged as non routine, this means that additional review is required and they may or may not reach out to you to provide them with additional information or clarification
Because there is a portion of the application deemed ‘non routine’, there is no estimated processing time available
The email you sent on Oct 31st, asking for update has been received and added to the application file, but the office has not yet responded. Now that this update has been sought out, it is unlikely that they will respond to that email given they would be providing you with the same information that I have here today.

I hope that this information provides you with some clarification in terms of where your application sits in the processing stage. It is not uncommon for various portions of the application to be flagged as ‘non routine’ or requiring additional review – I wouldn’t worry too much about this.

At this point, there is not much you can do other than be patient in awaiting the finalization of the application.

In the meantime, I recommend that you continue to check your emails and other means of correspondence with the IRCC to remain up to date on your application status."

My application is now 5months, no eligibility up till now, have sent several emails and web forms, yet nothing.
What do I do my people?
My school resumes January and no deferral nor online study option. What should I do gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 10:32am On Nov 26, 2022
Keep firing webforms once every day and fire 2 messages or more atleast daily and put very urgent as subject in your mails.

Order your GCM note to trigger a look at your application.

I also believe as the MP inquired about your application, this may trigger attention to your application again to be processed speedily and favourably.

If your a Christian or Muslim pray very well about it.

And create other options like a plan B or C.
If you really want to Japa, I always advise people to have atleast another country as backup plan e.g Apply to Canada and Australia at same time for similar program Incase one fails or better still apply to 3 countries and it will be almost impossible for all 3 to fail unless your village people are really after you.
Good luck and keep believing
Ojb555666:

"Good morning,

The medicals are passed,

What do I do my people?
My school resumes January and no deferral nor online study option. What should I do gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2022
@ Enddystar,

No Agent,Immigration Lawyer/Consultant, MP,Senator can guarantee CANADIAN VISA but God and His Grace behind whoever He pleases.

We have always advised applicants to dig out procedures and processes involved in this journey on this noble platform even if you choose to engage one, atleast you should be able to know certain basic stuffs required. It's very obvious that it's not about how deep applicant's pocket is or volume of funds in sponsor's account that matters.

Incidentally, we claim to be very busy and eventually end up coming back to Lament on this platform.

Let your friend request for CBSA or GCMS notes or even both (since its not expensive to order) immediately and TACTICALLY tackle areas of VOs concerns

The best is all I wish everyone on board.

Enddystar:
A friend just received this hot breakfast today.

She submitted her application by herself and now regretting why she didn't opt in for an agent.

She said she called an agent afterwards who told her to pay N1m to help her get approval.

Dear house, kindly advise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by noeloge82(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2022
Enddystar:

Yes the school asked for initial deposit of 7500 CAD but she paid 10k

This is not adding up well , how much is the total school fees example what is the total school fees for the course she is going for

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2022
Buxel:

Wow! This application is really the stuff of dreams. Getting your PPR in 6 weeks? That's insane! And getting your passport stamped in a week. Na God do am!

Congratulations brother. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2022
Buxel:

I did my biometrics in Abuja and my passport was also sent to Abuja for stamping.

When did you submit and when you got it back?
Did you submit in person or DHL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:43am On Nov 26, 2022
Hello… Been a while. @7COLORS, any news on your application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
Hi guys,
I haven't been here for a while. The last time I posted I said I would share my timeline when my PPR drops well today it dropped. I am so excited guys. For all those waiting please don't give up. Hang in there.

Awwwwwwn… Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2022
Please guys for the VFS consent form, I just watched a YouTube video that says we are only expected to fill the 2nd part and leave the rest blank, please is this true?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2022
CharitoJames:

Awwwwwwn… Congratulations dear
Thank you sweetie
Long time oh
I already started school in ABUAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
Thanks for this comprehensive response. However, Canada don't give admission to PhD students on self sponsorhip. By the way, the school said the admission letter provided by the department is enough to cater for funding letter. They said there is no need for any extra document to this effect. Meanwhile, the funding option is clearly stated by the school the total amount yearly.
I took a further step by requesting for a breakdown of all the expenses for the school per year. This is because I need to weigh my option. I can't be running to Canada when I am presently enjoying free money ������

So, the breakdown given to me cater for tuition and other fees plus 10k additional funding, making 19k.

In this case, I think if one can have an equivalent of 3000 CAD in account, that should be ok.

But there is something someone was discussing in the group that you need to show some other funding in your account that will show that your wife and child would be ok when you leave.

I am like, what is their business with this. This is not an undergraduate program. Are they expecting PhD student to self fund him or herself. That doesn't make any sense. PhD is a job on its own and they should expect the candidate to earn money to take care of his or her family.

Thats just my point.

uxomykaz:

1) For most people, the study route is a means to an end, coupled with the additional work of getting a supervisor and getting funded, it's not an easy feat.
PhD requires huge commitment that most people are not ready to commit to, except if they have interest in academia.

As a result, the number of people going for a research based program is fewer compared to those going to colleges and course based programs where admission can be easily obtained.

2)I have seen numerous Masters applicant with funding that covers tuition and living expenses. P.hD applicants are usually few ,but I'm sure most of their funding covers tuition and living expenses. Yearly funding for Ph.D is usually more than that for Master's in the same course.

3) If you are fully funded and it covers tuition and living expenses, you would need to provide a proof of this (through admission letter showing the amount of funding, a letter of support from your supervisor to the V.O stating the research you are coming to undertake in his/her lab, stating you would be in teaching assistantship/research assistantship, the amount of funding and that the funding would take care of your tuition and living expenses). With the above, I believe the POF you would need to show wouldn't be major, probably something to cater for flight ,miscellaneous and first month stay before receiving stipend.

If the funding doesn't cater fully for tuition and living expenses, it is expected you provide the offset in your POF.

4)I really don't know, But why would one want to undergo a P.hD that is not fully funded. It is baffling to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Urrch: 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please house.

I am a graduate of Agricultural Economics and I have been doing business since I graduated.

I want to go for Master in Global Management because of my business rather than going for Msc in Agric which is linked to my first degree.

Will it in any way affect my visa chances?

What do you guys advise?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.