Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1216853 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2022
Nairalanders, pls I need ur help. In 2017, I used an agent to apply for the USA B1/B2 visa. And as part of packaging I claimed that I had travel experience by stamping South African visa on my old passport page. Though I was denied visa not because of the fake SA visa but because I did not meet the eligibility at that time.
Now I want to apply for Canadian student visa, I want to know if I should still claim to had travelled to South Africa since US and Canada share information?
Would Canada request for my old passport if I should claim to had travelled to South Africa?
Or I should fill that I have no travel history in my application?

Pls, I am in dilemma right now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lixusheng(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

A few pages back someone said they were notified by DHL that 2 way service was no longer obtainable.

VFS have their courier delivery service and I'm sure you will be notified once it is available for pickup

i sent mine with dhl 2 way on the 16th of November got it back on Saturday here.. 19k total ...i sent to abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2022
Lixusheng:

i sent mine with dhl 2 way on the 16th of November got it back on Saturday here.. 19k total ...i sent to abuja

That's great. The info I quoted was as at early this week, except the person was lying about his feedback from DHL.

Here's the quote.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2022
Jaykeh:
It's PPR guys......
I'm so happy I can't even hold myself.
First time Applicant.

The shortest timeline you might have met on this thread.

Application submitted - - November 5
Biometrics collection letter --November 5
Biometric completed--November 9
Upfront medicals done--November 17
Medicals passed--November 24th
Correspondence letter--November 28th
PPr--November 28

Thank God for me, I'm still in shock.

Congratulations ones more. Pls which intake are you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sunkanmi562(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2022
Guys pls I have a question and I would really appreciate anyone's input........... I studied architecture in Nigeria and i and finished in 2018 then i came to the UK for my MSc in construction project management and I would like to do a post graduate certificate at Algonquin college/Fanshawe college or george brown but my question is can I still do it under CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT or it must be different from what I had done before like BUILDING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY(BIM). PLS, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THE GURU'S OR ANY ONE CAN ANSWER THIS SO I CAN START MY application as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2022
danherb:
Nairalanders, pls I need ur help. In 2017, I used an agent to apply for the USA B1/B2 visa. And as part of packaging I claimed that I had travel experience by stamping South African visa on my old passport page. Though I was denied visa not because of the fake SA visa but because I did not meet the eligibility at that time.
Now I want to apply for Canadian student visa, I want to know if I should still claim to had travelled to South Africa since US and Canada share information?
Would Canada request for my old passport if I should claim to had travelled to South Africa?
Or I should fill that I have no travel history in my application?

Pls, I am in dilemma right now.

I don't know about visa sharing info with South Africa.

I think you should focus on stating that you got your US visa denied and move on.
Travel history is not a must, so many people here have gotten approved without any travel history.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gem123: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=balqees004 post=118756574][/quote]congratulations mine is next in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lixusheng(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

That's great. The info I quoted was as at early this week, except the person was lying about his feedback from DHL.

Here's the quote.

The person dey jonze,dhl wey dey find money cheesy
and dey even have vfs details in their system already..seems dey do it often

to amd fro tracking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2022
jaydave:
You are wrong .. what they requested is atleast a year calculation not the total year .
Then u will further show them proof to convince them that you will still be getting funding from your sponsor for subsequent year without necessarily working in Canada..
right on this NL in 2014 , I have read and undergrad that got approved with 7.7m in his uncle’s acct and he further showed d assets his uncle has

I didn’t say you have to have that money in your account, we are on the same page. The person has to prove how the rest would be met without recourse to public funds. Also while the act says show proof of one year funding, some VO like to see everything. If you show how much you have relative to how much you want to spend and they are close, often than not they will state the study at this point is not a wise investment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2022
Lixusheng:

The person dey jonze,dhl wey dey find money cheesy
and dey even have vfs details in their system already..seems dey do it often

to amd fro tracking

Well that might be her experience with DHL, or with their office in her location.
I don't think anyone would deliberately choose to be in the situation she found her self. You understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 9:34am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

I don't know about visa sharing info with South Africa.

I think you should focus on stating that you got your US visa denied and move on.
Travel history is not a must, so many people here have gotten approved without any travel history.

Good luck.

Thanks @Johnstan.
Is there any place to fill in travel experience in Canadian visa application form? If none, my fear is addressed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2022
Good day House, Thank you for the advice so far. Please I need a suggestion. I was just given admission to Durham College but was told to pay the sum of 8k CAD to secure my seat.
Is it possible to use only the LOA without paying to apply for a student visa?
Or if I am to pay the fees? Please what is the cheapest rate can I find now? Flywire is charging around 640$/N1.

Please help me ooo. According to their website, I actually thought the tuition deposit for Durham was $500.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Wow, this is speed of light approval. Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2022
danherb:

Thanks @Johnstan.
Is there any place to fill in travel experience in Canadian visa application form? If none, my fear is addressed.
Yes, the application portal has a portion where you disclose any previous visa refusals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2022
jaydave:
You are wrong .. what they requested is atleast a year calculation not the total year .
Then u will further show them proof to convince them that you will still be getting funding from your sponsor for subsequent year without necessarily working in Canada..
right on this NL in 2014 , I have read and undergrad that got approved with 7.7m in his uncle’s acct and he further showed d assets his uncle has
nobody is wrong none right, we really don’t know how VO’s think, we’re not in their mind, they just do whatever, may God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2022
danherb:

Congratulations ones more. Pls which intake are you?

Winter 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:
Good day House, Thank you for the advice so far. Please I need a suggestion. I was just given admission to Durham College but was told to pay the sum of 8k CAD to secure my seat.
Or if I am to pay the fees? Please what is the cheapest rate can I find now? Flywire is charging around 640$/N1.

Please help me ooo. According to their website, I actually thought the tuition deposit for Durham was $500.

Hi,

There's a portion on the application portal to upload your LOA while applying so it's needed.
Flywire has several payment options, However, people with Naira choose to use local bank transfer and that's where form A comes in - you will be charged at Bank rate but will wait for like almost 2 months.
Other options will require you to use a USD card or transfer from a USD account.

Don't forget to meet your admission conditions so you don't loose the admission.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

Hi,

There's a portion on the application portal to upload your LOA while applying so it's needed.
Flywire has several payment options, However, people with Naira choose to use local bank transfer and that's where form A comes in - you will be charged at Bank rate but will wait for like almost 2 months.
Other options will require you to use a USD card or transfer from a USD account.

Don't forget to meet your admission conditions so you don't loose the admission.

Good luck.
Thank you. Its the Form A that's the main issue. I can't get any amount like that from the bank. To not lose admission I have to pay the fees. 2.7 using the official bank rate. 5.3m using flywire.
Thats a very huge difference.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:

Thank you. Its the Form A that's the main issue. I can't get any amount like that from the bank. To not lose admission I have to pay the fees. 2.7 using the official bank rate. 5.3m using flywire.
Thats a very huge difference.

You can either initiate the payment and notify your school of the disbursement time frame to see if they would wait
Or
Use black market rate to make the payment. (Fund a USD account and use a USD debit card)

Flywire doesn't convert and make the payment for you. They only receive the funds and send to your school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2022
First time Applicant.
Applied by myself with the help and guidance of my elder bro.

PPr--November 28

Sponsor(Elder bro), Secondary( Uncle, dad's younger bro)
Sponsorship letter
Notarized Affidavit regarding financial support
International passport
Notarized Birth certificate
Local government identification letter
Notarized Permanent residence card nd drivers licence
Notarized Company's certificate of incorporation
Notarized letter of good standing from banks
Company's business account statement(Closing balance, $9,000 CAD) (sole signatory)
Company's savings account statement(Closing balancing, $23,000 Cad) (sole signatory)
Personal savings account statement(Closing balance, $30,000 CAD, lump sums were moved from business account to this account to make it up to $30 and was explained in his sponsorship letter)
Notice of tax assessment and clearance( 2020 & 2021)

Secondary sponsor's Sponsorhip letter. (Explains he would take responsibility should any unforceen circumstance prevent primary sponsor from discharging his duties, mentioned he sponsored primary sponsor few years ago who made headline in newspaper after studies and that serves as motivation to be part of mine)
Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support from sec sponsor
Biodata page of international passport
Bank statements( closing balance 22M and 250k, the 22m came in as lump sum from the investment company, it was explained in his sponsorship letter and also letter from the investment body and valuation of investment of 50M attached)
Investment letter from an investment body with valuation statement
Two Notarized C of O
Tax clearance certificate(2019,2020&2021)

Clients info
SOP ( I gave my educational background and work experience down to Nysc and to my current job now with Npower, I've been in same line so educational background, work experience and course I'm going for is in the same line, next paragraph explains why I'm going for that course, next, why I choose that particular school, why Canada and then home ties. )

Additional information( acknowledged the documents available for financial support and proof of relationship from my sponsors, home ties(popsy nd mumsy ppt biodata page), accommodation( Bro's place)

LOA
Co-op work permit supporting document
Tuition deposit($1000 CAD)
Baptismal cert
Local government identification cert
Waec
Sec school transcript
Degree cert
Uni transcript
CV
Nysc cert
Nysc ppa deployment and notice of work resumption
Peer education trainer cert(Nysc cds group)
Letter of Attestation from former work place ( Proof to show I really worked with them)
Npower deployment letter
Dad and mum ppt biodata page
Police clearance card
Covid vaccination card.

Note: I showed evidence for all the work, cert of participation I mention in my SOP.

I really want to appreciate everyone for the contributions, this thread really helped me, thank you @johnstan for the replies and letting me know I needed to send my e medical sheet.

Let me mention that few documents were illegible after compressing so to avoid that, I had to divide and sent the most important one with the application, then others I sent through webform.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2022
Ojb555666:
And God showed Mercy to imperfect me after long wait with my imperfect application.

Congratulations bro, more wins

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2022
Jaykeh:
First time Applicant.
Applied by myself with the help and guidance of my elder bro.

PPr--November 28

Sponsor(Elder bro), Secondary( Uncle, dad's younger bro)
Sponsorship letter
Notarized Affidavit regarding financial support
International passport
Notarized Birth certificate
Local government identification letter
Notarized Permanent residence card nd drivers licence
Notarized letter of good standing from banks
Company's business account statement(Closing balance, $9,000 CAD) (sole signatory)
Company's savings account statement(Closing balancing, $23,000 Cad) (sole signatory)
Personal savings account statement(Closing balance, $30,000 CAD, lump sums were moved from business account to this account to make it up to $30 and was explained in his sponsorship letter)
Notice of tax assessment and clearance( 2020 & 2021)

Secondary sponsor's Sponsorhip letter. (Explains he would take responsibility should any unforceen circumstance prevent primary sponsor from discharging his duties, mentioned he sponsored primary sponsor few years ago who made headline in newspaper after studies and that serves as motivation to be part of mine)
Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support from sec sponsor
Biodata page of international passport
Bank statements( closing balance 22M and 250k, the 22m came in as lump sum from the investment company, it was explained in his sponsorship letter and also letter from the investment body and valuation of investment of 50M attached)
Investment letter from an investment body with valuation statement
Two Notarized C of O
Tax clearance certificate(2019,2020&2021)

Clients info
SOP ( I gave my educational background and work experience down to Nysc and to my current job now with Npower, I've been in same line so educational background, work experience and course I'm going for is in the same line, next paragraph explains why I'm going for that course, next, why I choose that particular school, why Canada and then home ties. )

Additional information( acknowledged the documents available for financial support and proof of relationship from my sponsors, home ties(popsy nd mumsy ppt biodata page), accommodation( Bro's place)

LOA
Co-op work permit supporting document
Tuition deposit($1000 CAD)
Baptismal cert
Local government identification cert
Waec
Sec school transcript
Degree cert
Uni transcript
CV
Nysc cert
Nysc ppa deployment and notice of work resumption
Peer education trainer cert(Nysc cds group)
Letter of Attestation from former work place ( Proof to show I really worked with them)
Npower deployment letter
Dad and mum ppt biodata page
Police clearance card
Covid vaccination card.

Note: I showed evidence for all the work, cert of participation I mention in my SOP.

I really want to appreciate everyone for the contributions, this thread really helped me, thank you @johnstan for the replies and letting me know I needed to send my e medical sheet.

Let me mention that few documents were illegible after compressing so to avoid that, I had to divide and sent the most important one with the application, then others I sent through webform.

Congratulations once again smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2022
danherb:

Thanks @Johnstan.

Not at all. When asked if you have been denied or requested to leave Canada and it’s territory before, just say yes. A column will be provided for you to state the reason, just state it and also mention the year.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

Congratulations once again smiley

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:

You can’t pay less than what you have been required to pay as deposit to secure your seat. How long do you have until expiration to make the deposit?

And I’m not sure you saw it correctly that tuition deposit is $500, maybe you saw tuition refund will be less $500 administrative fee.

If it’s up to 2-3 months, you can try applying through form A which will be charged based on CBN rate.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2022
Pace6:

You can’t pay less than what you have been required to pay as deposit to secure your seat. How long do you have until expiration to make the deposit?

If it’s up to 2-3 months, you can try applying through form A which will be charged based on CBN rate.

Good luck
I have up to December 31
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

You can either initiate the payment and notify your school of the disbursement time frame to see if they would wait
Or
Use black market rate to make the payment. (Fund a USD account and use a USD debit card)

Flywire doesn't convert and make the payment for you. They only receive the funds and send to your school.
I would inform the school of the disbursement time frame to see if they can allow. Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2022
johnstan:

Yes, the application portal has a portion where you disclose any previous visa refusals.

I thought he said travel experience and not visa refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:

I have up to December 31

Wow! That’s a short period, my advice!

Initiate the payment via CBN portal, take a screenshot and write to international admissions office, ask them to please extend time to make payment that it takes long for your home country financial institution to process the transaction.

This was what I did for mine tho...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2022
@Johnstan please which account did you pay the sms fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2022
Pace6:

Wow! That’s a short period, my advice!

Initiate the payment via CBN portal, take a screenshot and write to international admissions office, ask them to please extend time to make payment that it takes long for your home country financial institution to process the transaction.

This was what I did for mine tho...
Yes a very short one, going to the fact that the resumption time is still May 2023. I would do as you have advised thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:

Yes a very short one, going to the fact that the resumption time is still May 2023. I would do as you have advised thanks a lot.

You welcome bro.

Good luck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.