Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215823 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Pace6:

Can you try Qlife?
Yes. Just got back from there. They gave me 16th earliest.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
ChiPromise:

That’s better for you.
Please when did you apply for your study permit ? Am still waiting for medical request angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
ChiPromise:

Oh! That’s better

But if you have someone you can swap dates with, you can also try that.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
Queenfunlola:

That’s better for you.
Please when did you apply for your study permit ? Am still waiting for medical request angry

It’s better to do an upfront, if the other person had done upfront medicals, I believe the request would have been PPR.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Akelvin51:
Please can anyone who’s travelled recently, kindly list all the documents to carry along.. ���
Your passport with visa and proof of covid 19 vaccination as the immigration at the nigeria airport will request for it
your letter of introduction
Letter of acceptance /
Verification of enrollment
Ready to explain your Proof of funds or payment of tuition fees to immigration of officer if requested
Note Your School term start date.

Welcome to canada in advance
my previous travelled routes was with ethiopian airline was smooth flight though from lagos to addis Ababa to dublin for refuelling to Toronto- missed flight in Toronto Airport due to long queue @ port of entry and an hour left to next destination to winnipeg booked another free flight with (AIr canada) from Toronto to Montreal to winnipeg travelled by private car to brandon manitoba.
Temperatures :
4 degrees in Toronto/Montreal
-17 degrees in winnipeg
-18 degrees in brandon
Carry your winter jacket with you!

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
Predator188:

Your passport with visa and proof of covid 19 vaccination as the immigration at the nigeria airport will request for it
your letter of introduction
Letter of acceptance /
Verification of enrollment
Ready to explain your Proof of funds or payment of tuition fees to immigration of officer if requested
Note Your School term start date.

Welcome to canada
Temperatures :
4 degrees in Toronto
-17 degrees in winnipeg
-18 degrees in brandon
Carry your winter jacket with you!

Is COVID vaccine compulsory, it's updated on IRCC as no longer required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
Chechem:

The account must not be 4 months old like the person above stated?

Nah, not necessarily. It is best practice but you have a lot of explaining to do if that is your last resort.
Is the account going to be in your name? Is the sponsor a third-party?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
johnstan:

Is COVID vaccine compulsory, it's updated on IRCC as no longer required.
COVID-19 vaccination is for nigeria immigration not ircc
If you carry palm oil they will also collect the thing for lagos international Airport grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2022
Who has an idea?
For POF at immigration in Canada, should it be a new MBS statement, and unofficial Statement self generated or an official statement stamped in the bank ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2022
Predator188:

Is for nigeria immigration not ircc

Ok is it still obtainable as in at the moment ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
johnstan:

Ok is it still obtainable as in at the moment ?
Am not sure i travelled on 28 nov 2022 it was requested on that date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Predator188:

Am not sure i travelled on 28 nov 2022 it was requested on that date

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Predator188:

COVID-19 vaccination is for nigeria immigration not ircc
If you carry palm oil they will also collect the thing for lagos international Airport grin grin

Oh I'm aware of this one lmao
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
johnstan:
Who has an idea?
For POF at immigration in Canada, should it be a new MBS statement, and unofficial Statement self generated or an official statement stamped in the bank ?

For MBS, I’m not sure that will work, because it’s has just username and passcode, I don’t think they have that time like IRCC does.

You can go with your self generated bank statement or go to the bank for a print out and stamp.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
Pace6:

For MBS, I’m not sure that will work, because it’s has just username and passcode, I don’t think they have that time like IRCC does.

You can go with your self generated bank statement or go to the bank for a print out and stamp.

Goodluck

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
cooooooks:
A friend is going to Canada next week. She has a lot of space in her luggage and will help anyone in the Port Harcourt area carry things to Canada for a small fee.

Now if the person package drug along with the stuff now and gbege happen she go talk say na village ppl. Pls tell her to know live, before she see live.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
Please guys how long does it take to recieve a confirmation email of my passport submission from VFS in Abuja, I submitted since Tuesday and I haven't received one, should I be worried?

In person, I saw 3 different mail same day and the last one was "received by vac" then exact a month I got another recieved by IRCC, following day transit back to Abuja and next day again I got LOI. Which is today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
Still not cleared to me
Pace6:

I thought your question has been attended to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mooe: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Can someone show me what an affidavit of sponsorship and gift deed will look like please. Abeg na help me

Mooe:
Good morning everyone.

Can somebody please show me a sample of affidavit of sponsorship and gift deed please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mooe:
Can someone show me what an affidavit of sponsorship and gift deed will look like please. Abeg na help me

Just google dem and you will see several types, there's no specific format.
If you're not a lawyer and don't have a lawyer helping you with it just go to any court nearby and get it done there, they have drafts and will just edit your Information into it. Be sure to proof read to correct mistakes before it's stamped by the commissioner of oaths

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
apeja2017:

Now if the person package drug along with the stuff now and gbege happen she go talk say na village ppl. Pls tell her to know live, before she see live.

Lmao the lots of space part took me out grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by titade0203(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
Good evening guys, I need your guidance, I want to start my study permit application and I want to find out if I need to do the upfront medical examination first.

Pace6:

It’s better to do an upfront, if the other person had done upfront medicals, I believe the request would have been PPR.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Lool. True talk.

Plus just thought that if the drug smugglers know her location, her family is also in danger.

shocked
apeja2017:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Important Notice regarding WEBFORM

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hi everyone.

I got my LOI today but haven't received my passport from DHL. Its fine to start booking for flight right?.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
The minimum is what you have calculated, but the minimum is not recommended. This is because your sister cannot use all the funds available to her to sponsor you. There are no fixed documents for sponsorship; submit all the sponsor's assets, anything that shows she is financially capable, including landed property. However, some of the required documents for a sponsor are a bank statement, proof of source funds (letter of employment, payslips or business registration documents, if applicable), proof of relationship, letter of sponsorship or affidavit of support.
tanna01:
Hi @bullstriker and all the gurus.

Good morning. Just a quick one. I already got admission and I've paid the initial deposit of 9k cad as requested by the school. My program is for a year. Total tuition +living expenses is 35k cad. How much minimum am I expected to have as show of POF . Also, my sis will be my sponsor as I've 4m. What is she expected to submit as sponsorship? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amadioha02: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
apeja2017:

In person, I saw 3 different mail same day and the last one was "received by vac" then exact a month I got another recieved by IRCC, following day transit back to Abuja and next day again I got LOI. Which is today.
a whole month? Wtf
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by robertito7(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2022
Maputhohq:
PPR Alert and Timeline!!

I got my PPR on the 28th of November and promised to drop my timeline later, here it goes.
Profile;
Age - 21 years old
Highest level of Study - Media Communication Bsc.
Course of Study applied - Post Secondary Diploma in Interactive Media Design (2 years)
DLI - Fanshawe College, London Ontario.

My Timeline;
Sep 16th - Application submitted with Upfront Medicals
Sep 16th - Request for Biometrics
Sep 19th - Biometrics done
Oct 13th - Biometrics Updated
Nov 4th - Medicals Updated after sending countless emails and webforms to Nairobi only.
Nov 16th - I randomly checked after sending my daily dose of Webforms and Emails to Nairobi and saw Eligibility review has started.
Nov 23rd - BVL Dropped after sending mails to all the emails I could find on Nairaland and webforms to Nairobi.
Nov 28th - PPR Dropped again after sending countless mails to all the Emails I previously sent to and also webforms.
Dec 1st - Submitted my Passport at VFS Abuja (I just walked in with my passport and the Photocopy of my passport data page that they stuck a white paper on after my Biometrics and told me to expect a text when the passport is ready for pickup)
Dec 6th - Got a mail and a text that my passport had been stamped and was ready for pickup.
Dec 7th - Picked up the passport from VFS ( I can't even explain how beautiful it looks).

All Documents Submitted;
1) Application of study permit made outside Canada (imm1294e)
2) Letter of Acceptance
3) Scanned Copy of Passport Info Page
4) Proof of Funds (which includes Letter of Explanation of Funding Support, Letter of Financial Support and Affidavit from Sponsor, Scanned Copy of Sponsors ID, Sponsors 6-Months Bank Statement and Reference Letter from Bank, Sponsors insurance Certificates, Sponsors CAC certificate, Sponsors Contract Memos for her company, Sponsors property Documents (3 properties), Sponsors 6 months Payslips, Sponsors Appointment and Promotion Letters, Sponsors personal cars documents, My First Semester tuition payment Receipt)
5) My Digital Photo
6) Upfront E-Medical Information Sheet
7) Family Information (imm5645e)
cool Family Birth Certificate (4 siblings, 2 parents)
9) Parents Marriage Certificate
9) Application for a TRV made outside Canada (imm5257b)
10) Client Information (which includes SOP, Acceptance Letter from my PPA during NYSC year which ended in March, University Certificate, Transcript, WAEC Result, NYSC Certificate, Online Certificates related to my preferred course of study)
12) Different Pictures of myself and all my family members at my sister's wedding, my matriculation, my mother's convocation (Most of the pictures were of myself and my mom who is my sole sponsor).

I applied by myself with all the information I got from Nairaland and YouTube. All the sponsorship letters I wrote by myself, and just gave my mom to sign and scanned. I also paid my tuition with Form A even though it was a hassle, I disturbed FCMB with emails and calls for three months before it was finally disbursed. I lost my Dad a week before I applied, but I thought against including his death certificate so it doesn't affect the application. I don't know, but I feel the application was approved because it was backed with a lot of supporting documents to prove my sponsor is really established in Nigeria and can afford to fund my stay and schooling in Canada. I also wrote a very detailed SOP about why I was going to study for a post secondary diploma even though I had a Bsc which is higher and also in a totally different field, I explained the importance to my career growth and I also emphasized that after my studies I was going to come back to Naij and pursue a career and take care of my mom most importantly.

All these couldn't have been possible without God's intervention though, so I just suggest that we all involve God in all the processes as much as we can. This journey has really thought me to never underestimate the power of prayers.
I hope this helps somebody and I wish speedy approvals to everyone hopeful for a decision.

See y'all in Canada soon!!!!
Bro please after your form A was approved, how much longer before they disbursed the funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Maputhohq:
PPR Alert and Timeline!!

I got my PPR on the 28th of November and promised to drop my timeline later, here it goes.
Profile;
Age - 21 years old
Highest level of Study - Media Communication Bsc.
Course of Study applied - Post Secondary Diploma in Interactive Media Design (2 years)
DLI - Fanshawe College, London Ontario.

My Timeline;
Sep 16th - Application submitted with Upfront Medicals
Sep 16th - Request for Biometrics
Sep 19th - Biometrics done
Oct 13th - Biometrics Updated
Nov 4th - Medicals Updated after sending countless emails and webforms to Nairobi only.
Nov 16th - I randomly checked after sending my daily dose of Webforms and Emails to Nairobi and saw Eligibility review has started.
Nov 23rd - BVL Dropped after sending mails to all the emails I could find on Nairaland and webforms to Nairobi.
Nov 28th - PPR Dropped again after sending countless mails to all the Emails I previously sent to and also webforms.
Dec 1st - Submitted my Passport at VFS Abuja (I just walked in with my passport and the Photocopy of my passport data page that they stuck a white paper on after my Biometrics and told me to expect a text when the passport is ready for pickup)
Dec 6th - Got a mail and a text that my passport had been stamped and was ready for pickup.
Dec 7th - Picked up the passport from VFS ( I can't even explain how beautiful it looks).

All Documents Submitted;
1) Application of study permit made outside Canada (imm1294e)
2) Letter of Acceptance
3) Scanned Copy of Passport Info Page
4) Proof of Funds (which includes Letter of Explanation of Funding Support, Letter of Financial Support and Affidavit from Sponsor, Scanned Copy of Sponsors ID, Sponsors 6-Months Bank Statement and Reference Letter from Bank, Sponsors insurance Certificates, Sponsors CAC certificate, Sponsors Contract Memos for her company, Sponsors property Documents (3 properties), Sponsors 6 months Payslips, Sponsors Appointment and Promotion Letters, Sponsors personal cars documents, My First Semester tuition payment Receipt)
5) My Digital Photo
6) Upfront E-Medical Information Sheet
7) Family Information (imm5645e)
cool Family Birth Certificate (4 siblings, 2 parents)
9) Parents Marriage Certificate
9) Application for a TRV made outside Canada (imm5257b)
10) Client Information (which includes SOP, Acceptance Letter from my PPA during NYSC year which ended in March, University Certificate, Transcript, WAEC Result, NYSC Certificate, Online Certificates related to my preferred course of study)
12) Different Pictures of myself and all my family members at my sister's wedding, my matriculation, my mother's convocation (Most of the pictures were of myself and my mom who is my sole sponsor).

I applied by myself with all the information I got from Nairaland and YouTube. All the sponsorship letters I wrote by myself, and just gave my mom to sign and scanned. I also paid my tuition with Form A even though it was a hassle, I disturbed FCMB with emails and calls for three months before it was finally disbursed. I lost my Dad a week before I applied, but I thought against including his death certificate so it doesn't affect the application. I don't know, but I feel the application was approved because it was backed with a lot of supporting documents to prove my sponsor is really established in Nigeria and can afford to fund my stay and schooling in Canada. I also wrote a very detailed SOP about why I was going to study for a post secondary diploma even though I had a Bsc which is higher and also in a totally different field, I explained the importance to my career growth and I also emphasized that after my studies I was going to come back to Naij and pursue a career and take care of my mom most importantly.

All these couldn't have been possible without God's intervention though, so I just suggest that we all involve God in all the processes as much as we can. This journey has really thought me to never underestimate the power of prayers.
I hope this helps somebody and I wish speedy approvals to everyone hopeful for a decision.

See y'all in Canada soon!!!!

You mean you don’t notarize the sponsorship letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teephour(f): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
How long did it take the school to give admission. I applied in November and am still waiting for their response
MrErudite:
I'm May intake, please can I have your number?
I'm about to submit my visa Application next week.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Fredba:
Still not cleared to me

You have to liquidate your crypto assets into naira, explain why it has to be like that in your letter of explanation (LOE) you should be good to go.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
Good evening all. Please I was wondering what tracking ID I am supposed to use in tracking my passport after it was returned to the VFS partner courier. I have received my letter of introduction but my passport has not been returned. The tracking ID provided by VFS is not working on UPS website. Please help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.