Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1249375 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2022
Leadforteservic:
I'm august 31.
Have your eligibility review started?

Yes . Eligibility started October 21
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 7:11am On Dec 25, 2022
When you have a response to this kindly notify me please �

Edc2:
Hello everyone do I need to send updated admission letter of deferment via webform to notify ircc after visa was approved .i was supposed to resume first week of December but due to delay in visa I deferred my admission to March 2023 and My school just sent my deferment letter for March intake and I have already submitted my passport for visa printing. Is their any point notifying ircc now . I don’t want them to delay anything or ask for any update again that’s why I want to wait till I get my passport back first before even notifying them if their is any need for that.

Also can anyone suggest cheap health insurance for international study asides axamansard . My school want to hustle me 500cad for 1 year health insurance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edc2: 7:14am On Dec 25, 2022
Winnerpoks:
When you have a response to this kindly notify me please �

No need to send webform or else it’s 150 days or more after your first LOA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 7:34am On Dec 25, 2022
So Are you planning to wait till March?

Edc2:

No need to send webform or else it’s 150 days or more after your first LOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Moremore99:
August 8th applicant 1 year rent requested on 8th of November ,upfront medical April , Medical updated to pass November 17th till now nothing please help me look into my matter and give me hope

te author=Panasonic101 post=118680976]

Don’t send anything to him oo… see format

1year rent request? Did you pay any agent?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Unlimitedojay: 8:18am On Dec 25, 2022
match2016:

Well I am assuming you are planning to for for a masters and looking at worst case scenario without a scholarship your friend is right 4m will not be enough at all and that is even excluding the application payments, Medicals, ielts etc that are associated with your application. I think a good start is for you to do a research on which schools you want to apply to and look at their tuition plus living expenses and convert it using the black market rate to naira then you have an idea of how much you are looking for. Having said that all hope is not lost and there has been a lot of suggestions in this group on how to go about the financing. Take some time to read up. All the best.

Thank you so much please where can I find the financing page because the pages are much and my sister is also a dentist she has a certificate of Nigeria registered dentist can she enter Canada with the dentist certificate or she should enter through school also ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2022
Pls does anyone know if Vfs Abuja will work on 26th and 27th December? They are supposed to be public holidays.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas �� fam.

Landing gist loading soon, currently stuck at Toronto with no available flights to Regina, i've been here since 8 am yesterday and it was a smooth flight to Qatar and then Toronto no turbulence of any kind even CBSA Sef no ask questions gan, me after prepping documents whey dem no ask but one of the officers Sha no get chills at all for the students wey cross him side �.

And its cold.. I didn't travel with my vaccine card and they didn't ask although gist plenty.

Full details coming soon. See y'all in Canada

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deejom07: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2022
sirromey,

I have enrolled in Embedded system development at Conestoga College, please do you have an idea of their delivery method in Conestoga if its better?

Sirromey:
Congratulations to everyone who just got their visa. My advice for anyone coming to Fanshawe is, if you picked electronics & embedded systems development or any of their Engineering courses, life will be tough for you. It's not to scare you but it's the reality. The way the courses are delivered makes it difficult for people to pass. If the success rate in a class is 20% or less. You know there is a problem. If you can change within the first 10 days to an IT-related course or management. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deejom07: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2022
Thanks for the info, God bless you.

Wsx2:

Correspondence letter is what you see when you use the old portal and bvl is what you see when you use the new portal they are both biometric validation letter they are the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prosperkossy: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2022
Pls guys how can i get closer date for medicals
What I’m seeing in the site is 16th jan
Pls i need a closer date
How can i get a closer date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrnatural(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Good morning and Merry Christmas All.

My wife intend to apply for social works program but it seems most of the portals/admission deadline are closed for September 2023 intake.
I want to know if their are any credible schools that their portals are still open in which one can apply for a social work program (Msc specifically).

Than you all for the assistance on this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrnatural(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2022

My wife intend to apply for social works program but it seems most of the portals/admission deadline are closed for September 2023 intake.
I want to know if their are any credible schools that their portals are still open in which one can apply for a social work program (Msc specifically).
Kindly Note: the school has to be under M-Power financial loan company

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrnatural(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2022

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2022
congrat bro cant wait to hear ur landing gist

Oldfashioned145:
Merry Christmas �� fam.

Landing gist loading soon, currently stuck at Toronto with no available flights to Regina, i've been here since 8 am yesterday and it was a smooth flight to Qatar and then Toronto no turbulence of any kind even CBSA Sef no ask questions gan, me after prepping documents whey dem no ask but one of the officers Sha no get chills at all for the students wey cross him side �.

And its cold.. I didn't travel with my vaccine card and they didn't ask although gist plenty.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by erock2477: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2022
Hello, please can anyone help with the Lagos and Abuja Immigration office email for Canada Visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Focusmind: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2022
mrnatural:

Social Work, Social Service Worker, Child and youth Care, nursing and all other health and Human services programs fills up quickly because of demand. They are generally regarded as highly competitive with limited enrollment. It becomes even more competitive and difficult if you are an international student.

Some schools in Canada don't take foreign students in their health and Human services programs. As a foreign student, if you try to apply, you will see it as "closed" when in actual sense, it's much open but only to domestic applicants.

Not discouraging you, but it would be hard to see any September 2023 admission to social work that is still open by this time. It may be open in their website but they have received huge numbers of application already. If you are not in a haste, you can try January 2024.

If MSc does not work, you can consider the 2 year diploma program in social Service worker offered by colleges, which is still competitive. Some have also closed to international applicants for September 2023.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Merry Christmas �� fam.

Pls did u try to find out the currency conversion from Naira to CAD? Let me know if it is favorable.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
Wow..nice, I'm awaiting more gists o. What airline did you use?
Oldfashioned145:
Merry Christmas �� fam.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Focusmind:

Social Work, Social Service Worker, Child and youth Care, nursing and all other health and Human services programs fills up quickly because of demand. They are generally regarded as highly competitive with limited enrollment. It becomes even more competitive and difficult if you are an international student.

Some schools in Canada don't take foreign students in their health and Human services programs. As a foreign student, if you try to apply, you will see it as "closed" when in actual sense, it's much open but only to domestic applicants.

Not discouraging you, but it would be hard to see any September 2023 admission to social work that is still open by this time. It may be open in their website but they have received huge numbers of application already. If you are not in a haste, you can try January 2024.

If MSc does not work, you can consider the 2 year diploma program in social Service worker offered by colleges, which is still competitive. Some have also closed to international applicants for September 2023.

Good luck!

The best option will be to look out for later admission dates, since they need Mpower loan, they will not be able to look towards colleges since Mpower do not finance college. So check for winter openings and apply, some Universities open their application one year before start of the session, so by Jan 2023 they can start searching for openings and sending emails to check with Universities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
Eje18:
August 16th applicant.
Medical passed September 16th.
Since then nothing from them. I have seen a lot of August applicants getting PPR. I just wonder when God will remember me. It’s so frustrating .

Hi Eje,

Just take your mind off it and concentrate on something else, you can try sending webforms and emails with URGENT as heading but mostly just face other things

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrnatural(m): 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Bobomaigida:

thanks guys i really appreciate this. the best option is to look for a later date other than sept 2023.
thank you

The best option will be to look out for later admission dates, since they need Mpower loan, they will not be able to look towards colleges since Mpower do not finance college. So check for winter openings and apply, some Universities open their application one year before start of the session, so by Jan 2023 they can start searching for openings and sending emails to check with Universities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2022
ChiPromise:
Pls does anyone know if Vfs Abuja will work on 26th and 27th December? They are supposed to be public holidays.
Pls does anyone know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
ChiPromise:

Nope.
Not until Wednesday 28th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Pgirl08:
I don't understand...pls can someone that has done pls throw more light pls...about how to fund the GIC account.

GIC can only be done through a few banks like CIBC, you can fund it from 10-20k CAD Max. 2k plus any extra you deposited on 10k. The rest will be split into installments, deposited into your account monthly for 12months. You can only process it by depositing USD into your account and sending to the assigned account after registration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
My nairaland family..

(Don't mind the unclear pictures)

A Christmas to remember.

I for don share my landing gist since ooh but as per I don dey Toronto since morning dey wait for air Canada to reschedule my flight but to no avail.

It was a smooth journey more details coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aji2000(m): 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Hi Eje,

Just take your mind off it and concentrate on something else, you can try sending webforms and emails with URGENT as heading but mostly just face other things

My brother that's the best idea o. I am an August 18 applicant just concentrate on other things. This ircc people can give someone high BP. Me I don leave am for God o. He will surely come through for us. Lets be hopeful merry Christmas guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.