Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227907 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kukoyimukthar17: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2022
Hello gurus in the house

Please can anyone put me through on the document they ask at the port of entry in Canada am going to Manitoba

Because I was told they will ask
My passport
LOI- letter of introduction from Ircc
Enrollment letter
School fees receipt
Proof of fund

My question is can I use my statement of account which I used for my application then in August as my proof of fund or I need updated one?

Did I ArriveCAN also ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sirlancelot(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2022
Hi dear nairalanders,complement.i just applied for admission in Canada but how to pay the admission fee of 120 cad is really giving me sleepless night. I have used my naira card but it keeps bringing error hitches.
Anyone here that can help?i will pay the money in naira or any idea how it is done. Thank you.I will apply for the dollar card later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Hi dear nairalanders,complement.i just applied for admission in Canada but how to pay the admission fee of 120 cad is really giving me sleepless night. I have used my naira card but it keeps bringing error hitches.
Anyone here that can help?i will pay the money in naira or any idea how it is done. Thank you.I will apply for the dollar card later.
Go open a chipper account and create dollar virtual card and use it to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredyo(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2022
bullstriker:
1. Go for a program related to your present occupation unless you have a solid reason to change your career.
2. Yes, it could affect the outcome.
3. You don’t have to submit them to get admission to PGD. I can help you secure admission to Conestoga; the service is free.

Thank you very much. I really want to pursue The engineering career path, am teaching because there was no Job. I also have practical experience in automobile repairs. Please how do I connect with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2022
You can request through the link below not webform
You can try CBSA note. It is faster. I got mine in 3 weeks.
Joedave25:
@Anon123,

On the contrary,

Those living in Nigeria currently can apply either CBSA of GCMS Notes through...www.thegcmsonline.com and pay with their Naira debit card.

I applied both through their site in August and September for GCMS and CBSA respectively and got the notes though CBSA was faster.(34days while GCMS took over 60days)

I hope this helps.

Try sending webform to other countries including Nairobi with your timeline. Also let them know you have a deadline from the school and the implications if you do not meet the time given to you.

Sample of email.

Subject: [URGENT] | Study Permit Application | S2xxxxxxxxxx | Over 120 days | 17 weeks

Good day,

I hope this email meets you well.

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx. I am contacting you to kindly expedite the processing of my Canada Study Permit Application which has exceeded the STANDARD PROCESSING TIME of 12 weeks.
I understand the effect of COVID 19 pandemic on the processing time and I do not take these for granted. However, I am appealing that you prioritize my application in any way you can.
I would gladly appreciate it if I can get an update on my application.

My application timeline goes as follows

- Application Date: March xxxxxxxxxxx
- Biometrics Done: March xxxxxxxxxxx
- Biometrics Passed: xxxxxxxxxxx
- Medical Done: xxxxxxxxxxx
- Medical Updated: xxxxxxxxxxx
- Background Check: In Progress
- Eligibility: xxxxxxxxxxx

My particulars are as follows:

Full name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): xxxxxxxxxxx
Application Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Application Date: xxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

olivialuv:

Thanks. I have sent webform on several occasions. However I have not stated the time laps as in days or weeks I have been waiting. How can I request for the GCMS/ CBSA, is it through same webform of another links. I appreciate your response.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2022
Good morning All. Pls what is the full meaning of BVL?
What does it signify in one's application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2022
ChiPromise:

You’ll get a decision SOON.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2022
Good morning, is there anyone that can suggest a good agency for Canada Visa? Lagos or Ibadan? I'll be grateful? Makano isn't replying my mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Awesomegod2023: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2022
embarassedAlmost a week without PPR after medical pass.. should I be worried ? This whole Canada stuff is tiring argh.. na una send me medical request o… my CBSA note just came out and the last ending saying Approved pending medical results. Integrated Search
reviewed and all other assessments completed. So what’s delaying them again ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredyo(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2022
Please , I need your help.
I graduated 2017 (2.2) mechanical Engineering. Served in a Technician college as a Metal works teacher and after service my work experience has been in the STEM teaching line. I also had close to 2 years experience working in a mechanic workshop as an automobile repairs apprentice after school. Am currently teaching.
I want to apply for Post graduate diploma in a Canadian college in line with engineering related field and seeing the reviews here on career progression am worried about the visa application. Am looking at Applied manufacturing management, Supply Chain management or Renewable energy management.
1. Please I need help with choice of study path. You can suggest something that could link up
2. With a good SOP can this work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2022
bullstriker:
1. I recommend you defer the admission to September. If your application is approved before December 31, you can quickly inform the school; I doubt your request will be granted before December 31.

2. Most likely, but they don’t always ask

3. It's unlikely they will request for updated POF if you defer. IRCC usually ask for updated POF when they suspect you inflated the account or the application has taken longer to process. They want to ensure the funds are still available.

4. Contact your school for the deadlines to register or drop classes. You will not have any issues at the port of entry if you do not change the program and school.

5. Contact your school.

6. Contact your school.

7. I believe it will not slow the processing time.
A month prior to the start date is advised if you don’t have a justifiable reason to arrive months before your start date.

Hi Bullstriker,
Thank you so much for your kind response on my previous post.
Honestly it’s always a difficult thing when it comes to making some decisions.
Pls I will like to explore few ideas and consequential effects of “NOT DEFERRING” my admission within the deadline required to defer. What could be the risk or possibly challenges?
Pls Remember, I have a funding offer which started that “funding may no longer be possible if I could not resume all aspects of my admission by the admission start date” however, “if I could not resume due to COVID or other travel restrictions, funding will be limited to tuition and other fees”
Thank you again for your kindness and expected response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:26am On Dec 27, 2022
Awesomegod2023:
embarassedAlmost a week without PPR after medical pass.. should I be worried ? This whole Canada stuff is tiring argh.. na una send me medical request o… my CBSA note just came out and the last ending saying Approved pending medical results. Integrated Search
Just be positive it will come. I equally got a medical request and it was passed on the 24th. Our Ppr will come, equally expectant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2022
ChiPromise:

It simply means Biometric Validation Letter. It's a letter to inform you that your biometrics ( fingerprint) is valid and if you read the letter you will find how long your fingerprint will be valid for ( usually 10yrs after it is done). In most cases when IRCC sends you this letter , they also send you a decision regarding your Visa application. Sometimes they send the decision not long after sending the BVL and sometimes it might take them some time before sending you a decision regarding your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
ChubaKC:

Hi Bullstriker,
Thank you so much for your kind response on my previous post.
Honestly it’s always a difficult thing when it comes to making some decisions.
Pls I will like to explore few ideas and consequential effects of “NOT DEFERRING” my admission within the deadline required to defer. What could be the risk or possibly challenges?
Pls Remember, I have a funding offer which started that “funding may no longer be possible if I could not resume all aspects of my admission by the admission start date” however, “if I could not resume due to COVID or other travel restrictions, funding will be limited to tuition and other fees”
Thank you again for your kindness and expected response.

The best answer to your question would be the one that came for your institution. What I know is that you would need to submit a new application on a program if you fail to defer that program within the time allowed for program deferment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Awesomegod2023:
Be positive and just take your rest! It takes about 2-3weeks for approval to come out after medical request. You are assured of 90-95% approval once you got a medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeoti2: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Winnerpoks:
Good morning, is there anyone that can suggest a good agency for Canada Visa? Lagos or Ibadan? I'll be grateful? Makano isn't replying my mail
Send me a DM let me refer my agent
Btw I am still waiting for my decision and my spouse's decision o, it will be a month on Jan 5 since I got bvl. I reached out to my MP she said ircc staffs are on holidays that I should expect a response in the early weeks of January, I'm still hoping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2022
Kukoyimukthar17:
Hello gurus in the house

Please can anyone put me through on the document they ask at the port of entry in Canada am going to Manitoba

Because I was told they will ask
My passport
LOI- letter of introduction from Ircc
Enrollment letter
School fees receipt
Proof of fund

My question is can I use my statement of account which I used for my application then in August as my proof of fund or I need updated one?

Did I ArriveCAN also ?

Hello,

You have already listed the vital docs needed. ArriveCan was necessary then, but not necessary now. But you can still fill it and keep if you so desire. But note that is is no more mandatory.

For POF, the date it was done should determine. If it has been long ago, then just get an updated one. Just a month summary is enough. But if your account has a lot of inflow and outflow that will make a month summary bulky, you can even do bi-weekly statement. What's important is to proof you have funds for your program.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
Sirlancelot:

Hello,

You can't pay with naira card. Kindly look for who can help you pay with their dollar card. Or you create a Dom account and fund it or create a virtual card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
ChiPromise:

Hello ChiPromise,

When you apply for visa, you get what is called BIL( Biometrics Instruction Letter), which instructs you to go for your biometrics.

Now at a later date when the VO have finalized on your application, you will get BVL (Biometrics Validation Letter). Once you get such letter, it means your application is reviewed and next thing is decision email. Some get their decision email same time while others have theirs take days, while others weeks.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
Awesomegod2023:

Hello,

I understand your tension, but since your CBSA says approved pending a medical and since you have done your medical, Just go home and start getting ready. Some get their decision mail 2montths after submitting their medical that was requested by IRCC. You're lucky to have seen your approval via your note so don't worry and begin to plan your travel.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
Fredyo:

Please , I need your help.
I graduated 2017 (2.2) mechanical Engineering. Served in a Technician college as a Metal works teacher and after service my work experience has been in the STEM teaching line. I also had close to 2 years experience working in a mechanic workshop as an automobile repairs apprentice after school. Am currently teaching.
I want to apply for Post graduate diploma in a Canadian college in line with engineering related field and seeing the reviews here on career progression am worried about the visa application. Am looking at Applied manufacturing management, Supply Chain management or Renewable energy management.
1. Please I need help with choice of study path. You can suggest something that could link up
2. With a good SOP can this work?

Hello Fredyo,

Reading through your question, I want to ask why those choice of courses? What has supply chain management, renewable energy got to do with BEng mechanical and metal workshop experience? How do you intend to prove your purpose of study and why the course? You have an nice course with nice experience that will fetch you money being an auto body technician in Canada.

When applying for school in Canada, we need to have 2 things in mind. Is the course I am going for a career or a academic advancement. In your case, you're still not far from when you finished bachelor's, so you can apply for PGD in your first degree. Also since your experience is in line with your degree, Kindly go for mechanical/auto body related courses.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
LivelyMandem:
My sister and her husband are planning Canada via study route but her GRE results were poor and she is looking at university of Manitoba. Is it advisable they still apply despite the low scores or they should look for schools that don't require GRE?

Hello Lively,

GRE! you may need to be more specific with your question. I don't know if you have provided the info later on, but is the program an MBA or PhD or Master's or PGD? For PGD, masters, you don't even need IELTS so long as you're from an English speaking nation and English was your language of instructions.

For MBA, most school don't even ask for IELTS talk more of GRE. GRE/GMAT is mostly rampant for some PhD programs.

Again, I don't know if you have given the details below, but with your question, no one can give you a concrete and definite answer.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2022
HopefulSuccess:
Have you tried sending webforms and emails to Nairobi, Accra, London, etc with subject as [URGENT], application timeline and how long the application is in days or weeks? You can also try ordering your GCMS or CBSA notes.

June 6th to and nothing
Sent a series of email and webform
.let keep in with faith.
I believe in God's timing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by otobor12: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
SimpleasABC:

June 6th to and nothing
Sent a series of email and webform
.let keep in with faith.
I believe in God's timing.

Have they sent u BVL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojukwudfugitive: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hello folks in this house of information,
I received my PPR last week and I want to send my original passport to VFS office in Lagos.
I did my biometrics in Lagos, do I need to pay service transmission charge?
Which option is better; going to Lagos myself or sending it through DHL?
Thank you, the respected house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omarjaygold: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2022
Good afternoon members of the House,

I want to ask about the university of Canada West, is it a good school? I have barely heard about the name on this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ojukwudfugitive:
Hello folks in this house of information,
I received my PPR last week and I want to send my original passport to VFS office in Lagos.
I did my biometrics in Lagos, do I need to pay service transmission charge?
Which option is better; going to Lagos myself or sending it through DHL?
Thank you, the respected house.
No you don’t have to pay transmission charge since you did biometric in lag and your sending to same lag. If you were sending to Abuja then you’d have to pay transmission fees.
Depends on what you want, if you live in Lagos you can walk in and submit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Matt121212: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Lively,

GRE! you may need to be more specific with your question. I don't know if you have provided the info later on, but is the program an MBA or PhD or Master's or PGD? For PGD, masters, you don't even need IELTS so long as you're from an English speaking nation and English was your language of instructions.

For MBA, most school don't even ask for IELTS talk more of GRE. GRE/GMAT is mostly rampant for some PhD programs.

Again, I don't know if you have given the details below, but with your question, no one can give you a concrete and definite answer.

All the best.
please help can 17m run Canada student visa with self sponsoring
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
mrprolifik:

The best answer to your question would be the one that came for your institution. What I know is that you would need to submit a new application on a program if you fail to defer that program within the time allowed for program deferment.

I’ve sent emails to the school before the break without responds. By the time school resumes on 5th, the deadline must have passed.
If I don’t differ and the Study permit comes out late, say 1st week of February, will I not be allowed to catch up, does it really require that I should reapply? Remember, PhD is a research based with about just three courses the entire years which can be registered subsequent terms. Pls am just asking, I need to know more from people’s experience and opinions.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojukwudfugitive: 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
breakice31:

No you don’t have to pay transmission charge since you did biometric in lag and your sending to same lag. If you were sending to Abuja then you’d have to pay transmission fees.
Depends on what you want, if you live in Lagos you can walk in and submit

Many thanks for your prompt response! It's indeed helpful!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Just be positive it will come. I equally got a medical request and it was passed on the 24th. Our Ppr will come, equally expectant.
When did you take your medical exam?
I got a medical request and the only close date given was 21st. I have done it but It hasn't been updated on my portal. How long does it take IOM to sent medical report to IRCC?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.