Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,721 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219612 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inali: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
Eddy4400:
Please I need help with info on switching courses/school.

My sister was advised to apply for a course related to her current job in Nigeria, because her BSc degree was completed 10years ago. Note that she doesn't like her current job (Marketing in a Bank) and would like to switch to a totally different course/career in Canada. She already has admission for a Marketing Graduate Certificate with the help of an agent, as they insist she'll get a refusal if the course is not related to her current job. Next step is for her to pay acceptance fee which is non-refundable, then 1st year fees deposit of 9k CAD by June 2023.

My question, can she get another admission in the course she prefers, but apply for a study visa with the Marketing LOA then switch afterwards? At what point would she switch courses? After or before landing? Will she still report to the 1st school and will they refund 1st year fees deposit or it's money wasted? Has anyone done this at Postgraduate level?

Please help, so she doesn't waste her time and resources. Thanks in advance
what course does she wanna study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehindeafolabi: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Prosperkossy:

Apply for an upfront medicals now so when they are done with your visa they can easily request for passport than going through the stress of going for medicals after they have requested it after it have been updated on ur portal then you will have to wait for ppr
So its better you go for ur medicals now
thanks. Pls how many months is the validity period for the medical report.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Born2conquer: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please everybody, is there a place where I can start reading from? I had a deep thought yesterday about Nigeria and the efforts and resources I've invested in the country and how everything went down the drain. I've finally made up my mind to leave the country for Canada and if possible, before year end.

Where can I start reading from? What are the things I need? (I have POF)

Lastly, can I study media and branding for MSC wind I studies agriculture for my BSC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eddy4400: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Human Resource Mgt or Project Mgt. She studied Microbiology at BSc level, so totally different as well.

Inali:
what course does she wanna study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
Replied
Seyola16:
Please I am ready kindly send me email via hayourla@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
To stand a good chance, go with a program related to your current job.
Born2conquer:
Please everybody, is there a place where I can start reading from? I had a deep thought yesterday about Nigeria and the efforts and resources I've invested in the country and how everything went down the drain. I've finally made up my mind to leave the country for Canada and if possible, before year end.

Lastly, can I study media and branding for MSC wind I studies agriculture for my BSC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
One year
Kehindeafolabi:
thanks. Pls how many months is the validity period for the medical report.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
bullstriker:
Each province decides the age of a minor. For a study permit, a minor is someone less than 17 years and can apply to travel with a parent or legal guardian. I believe this situation does not apply to you.
Thank you very much @Bullstriker,you’re much appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
So we got the mail to come pick up the passport from VFS Lagos this afternoon. We will be there tomorrow morning by 8am.
She will be going in September as it is now.
We will send the new LOA through webform to IRCC
Thanks to all the lovely people here in the forum keeping hope alive.
Congratulations to all those that just got their PPR. Best of luck to all still waiting.
It will surely end in praise

Guess you already made your mind up, she can acquire a skill or 2, my sibling submitted December 23rd and up till now we've not heard anything. School resumed today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Born2conquer:

If you have PoF, your process is 90% complete
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Born2conquer: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
bullstriker:
To stand a good chance, go with a program related to your current job.
I've never had a job, I work on my own and it is branding related.

That's why I wanna study something related to my present work and not way I studied because e be like sey potential no dey for agriculture
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Born2conquer: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
benedictuyi:

If you have PoF, your process is 90% complete
Good Chief, what do I need to start with?
Certificate?
Gaining admission?
Transcript or what else?

Or is there a link on this thread on how I can go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
So we got the mail to come pick up the passport from VFS Lagos this afternoon. We will be there tomorrow morning by 8am.
Congratulations to all those that just got their PPR. Best of luck to all still waiting.

Thought you said resumption is this January so why shifting till September. You can still go their is still time just call your school.

My resumption date has passed which was December 1st , passport collected on December 27th and the school has been begging me to come this January but I told them it’s March I will join them . I don’t do online things . I want in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
Shakitibob0:
I can help you apply to centennial free of charge

Please am interested too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
Born2conquer:

Good Chief, what do I need to start with?
Certificate?
Gaining admission?
Transcript or what else?

Or is there a link on this thread on how I can go about it?
Gaining admission.

To do that you'll need both your transcript and certificate/statement of result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inali: 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
Eddy4400:
Human Resource Mgt or Project Mgt. She studied Microbiology at BSc level, so totally different as well.

hmmm... I can only speculate based on logic until she tries and see if they'll accept her or not

But the marketing she might be doing at the bank is actually sales. Cos the one she got admission for is a good career line and different from sales even though they are related.

I work as a marketing comms guy and I'll advice she researches more on the marketing field to understand what it is about.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hazel01(f): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
Good evening everyone. I would like to confirm if form A can be approved for a 2 year post graduate diploma course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Alright
Born2conquer:

I've never had a job, I work on my own and it is branding related.

That's why I wanna study something related to my present work and not way I studied because e be like sey potential no dey for agriculture
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jacobamusa: 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing well?

Please, Anyone going to Southern Alberta Institute of Technology? , Canada for their studies?

If yes, Add my WhatsApp please, let’s connect.

‪+234 704 759 0475‬
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Faith93: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2023
mrprolifik:
If your updated letter of acceptance is for the same program and same college, then all you need to do is inform IRCC via webform using your account and they will reply you and tell you what to do. But if you plan on attending a new college and you are outside Canada then you will need to apply for a new study permit.
NB: if you defer your start date by 150days or more then you need to get an updated letter of acceptance and inform IRCC by uploading the new LOA and sending it to IRCC via your account.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Faith93: 12:09am On Jan 10, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:

Wow, I will also be going for pick up tomorrow, can we meet up pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eddy4400: 12:15am On Jan 10, 2023
Inali:
hmmm... I can only speculate based on logic until she tries and see if they'll accept her or not

But the marketing she might be doing at the bank is actually sales. Cos the one she got admission for is a good career line and different from sales even though they are related.

I work as a marketing comms guy and I'll advice she researches more on the marketing field to understand what it is about.

Thanks for the info. The course is Strategic Marketing Communication, what's the career outlook like in Canada and places/role to work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wengerly(m): 1:44am On Jan 10, 2023
Coming to Calgary and need AirBnB for short stay. Send a message to alagbajATyahooDOTCom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bluechicintown: 1:53am On Jan 10, 2023
anyone has this answer?

Bluechicintown:
Please can someone share the link to request the CBSA GCMS notes - someone on Canada wants to request - not the IRCC one pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 2:03am On Jan 10, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by theotherwoman: 2:55am On Jan 10, 2023
Thank you so much. I should be able to sort out all my documents before the end of the month. You have been so helpful.
On the police clearance certificate : Do you mind sharing your contact information?
My email: chiomachima99@gmail.com

sos123:
1. Letter of introduction is separate. that shows my job description, level, line manager ETC.
The reference letter stated that I do not owe my institution anything and I'm of good conduct

2. My affidavit of return stated (high court of justice not employer)
I'm applying for a study permit to Canada for two years course
My school name
That I will return to my home country after school provided that my visa expires
That I depose to this affidavit in good faith and for record purposes.

3. To be honest, I have seen people get approval without a police certificate. Please just be safe and add it. When i did mine it was 13K now its 45k. Naija! Just tie all the knots

Also, please when you go to the court request for the digital affidavit, it has a barcode that anyone can scan and it redirects them to the high court of justice website. This will show that it is genuine.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gracehayford1: 3:29am On Jan 10, 2023
Hello all, please what are the documents I need to travel with to the airport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 4:18am On Jan 10, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, you stand a chance. If possible, apply with the kids only, and let your spouse apply after you arrive in Canada.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.