Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,035 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1229631 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2023
Amokemii:
hi I applied to NBCC for fall 2023 and I’ve been accepted!
Nice one, when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Henny52: 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
In her SOP did she talk about her 2 siblings already in Canada? Have you completed school and currently working with a good job here in Canada and you file your taxes yearly in Canada? Your needed to state this in her SOP.
What of your brother, has he covered all his tuition fees and did she show his transcript of his 1st semester or whatever semester he is currently? She needed to show this. She needs to show the progress of her siblings who are currently in Canada.
Also, its not about showing documents, how detailed was her sop in covering her family ties in Nigeria? She had to be more detailed in showing why she will be back to nigeria because 2 already left.
Do I make sense to you? She should put in immediately and this time around cross her Ts and dot her Is and she will get it.

Dorisdili:
Hi everyone. So sorry for the confusion from my last post. The issue below is for my elder sister. She doesn't have a nairaland account, hence I posted on her behalf.

Yes, I got study visa is 2018 and I am in Canada now. I posted in 2021 about a study visa denial and it was about this my sister which I mentioned the denial in the previous post and in this post. I posted in 2022, and it was my brother who got approved and we didn't know how to send his passport. So sorry that my previous post was confusing but we really need help on this one. Any assistance anyone can render is appreciated!

My sister got denied again the second time. Please see screenshot attached for the reason.

The first denial was due to ties in Nigeria and Canada as she has siblings in Canada. Also, the purpose of visit as she used a diploma course to apply and not post graduate. She ordered gcms note and the officer added that she is single and mobile and is not convinced she will leave Canada at the end of her stay, the officer also wrote that the program is not in line with her career path as she has a first degree in English and she was going for Health care Admin. She choose this course because she has work experience working as an admin in a clinic. Her sponsor was my Dad at the time, she paid first semester and closing balance was about 34million

We took my time and read through nairaland, and she reapplied for a post graduate health care administration and she eventually got married along the line.

This time she applied with a post graduate admission, used her husband as sponsor and my dad as co-sponsor. Her husbands statement was 27 million, her personal account was 17million, my dad's statement was 34million, she paid first semester tuition and in her statement of purpose, she explained how the course will be beneficial to her and the family business as her husband is a Doctor and he owns a private clinic, and how she has experience working as an admin but wants to improve her skillset in order to revamp the family business - the clinic. She added her husband's land documents, her land document and my dads land document, she added her husband's business registration and clinic documents, she added my dad's business documents as well. She also added her shares documents, sponsor letters from both sponsors stating willingness to remain sponsors.

At this point we are not sure what she did wrong this time to get finance and assets as a reason for denial as she used the same assets as the last application (dads land, statement) in addition to her land and husband's land documents and statement. She is the only one traveling as well. Someone please help. Thank you.

Sorry again for the confusion on my last post!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dorisdili: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2023
Thanks alot for your response.

Your first point is noted.

There were no unexpected lump sum. The accounts had good inflow and outflow.

She paid part tuition - full first semester tuition

In her SOP, she explained that her husband is the main sponsor and my dad is the co-sponsor, and her husband has approved his bank to transfer 3k monthly to her account for her upkeep while she is on Canada. Could you kindly advice if there are better ways to explain the sponsor situation in the SOP?

The statements were printed stated, and it was for 4months.

If you don't mind, can you please explain the MBS statement? I am not sure what that is.
Thank you

Bobomaigida:

1. Combining your sister's account and her hubby is enough POF, she does not need to add your dad to the mix.
2. Were there lump sums in the 3 statements ?
3. Did she pay part or full tuition?
4. Were the statements MBS or normal printed statements, and for how long were they?
5. How did she explain the POF on her SOP?
- Request for the GCMS notes to know the exact details for refusal.
- You might need professional help to package the next application - get an agent, their services can be afforded by her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TUBLEZ(m): 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
Amokemii:
hi I applied to NBCC for fall 2023 and I’ve been accepted!
how long did it take before they get back to you after u submitted ur application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2iceAsNice: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hello, I'm a prospective student as well, and i would like to join the whatsapp group. Could you add me?

Tgbengus151:
So guys, the Whatsapp group has eventually being created and we are currently 6 in number, so if you are also a prospective student of Fanshawe college and you feel interested in joining the group, you can hit me up through the mail or quote this post.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TUBLEZ(m): 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
JESUSSON1:
who applied to University of Saskatchewan or NBCC for fall 2023 intake. let's connect
NNBC FALL, HV U GOTTEN UR ADMISSION?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dorisdili: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2023
Thanks for responding

She didn't talk about her 2 siblings already in Canada in her SOP. She mentioned it in her first application in 2021 and one of the reasons for denial was ties to Canada. So we felt it was best not to mention it this time.

I have completed school and I am currently working and filing taxes yearly.

My brother is currently in his second semester. We didn't mention this in her SOP due to the denial reason in her first application, and we didn't also mention I was in Canada in my brother's SOP when he was applying.

Her SOP was detailed to the best of our knowledge. I am not sure how else we can prove she will come back to Nigeria aside her husband, the family business - the clinic, and the property they have.

Would you be able to advice how we can best explain this in a convincing way? Thank you so much

Henny52:
In her SOP did she talk about her 2 siblings already in Canada? Have you completed school and currently working with a good job here in Canada and you file your taxes yearly in Canada? Your needed to state this in her SOP.
What of your brother, has he covered all his tuition fees and did she show his transcript of his 1st semester or whatever semester he is currently? She needed to show this. She needs to show the progress of her siblings who are currently in Canada.
Also, its not about showing documents, how detailed was her sop in covering her family ties in Nigeria? She had to be more detailed in showing why she will be back to nigeria because 2 already left.
Do I make sense to you? She should put in immediately and this time around cross her Ts and dot her Is and she will get it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2023
I want to ask about this

If I’m trying to reapply, can I get a loan maybe from a cooperative and then I’ll have my dad send it to my account like it was from him with a gift of deed and it can be a self sponsored or do I need to still make my dad the sponsor but with my account statement alone and a letter of sponsorship from him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Henny52: 1:47am On Feb 23, 2023
This is a problem. I am sure in the family information form, you stated all your siblings and same with your brother. Definitely, your sister filled the family information form and mentioned you guys as well.
She has to state all these in her SOP, her stories need to be consistent. Even when you have all the necessary documents for a visa approval you can be turned down for any reason because you avoided an important information they have of you.
For her next application, she can decide to use a recognized immigration consultant, but if she decides to do it herself then she has say the truth this time around
1. Show her siblings in Canada, talk about their progress in Canada( one is working as a..... Employment letter to back it up. Brother a student, Show back up of tuition payments, enrollment letter and transcript with good results. Explain how siblings have displayed reputable characters in Canada, haven't broken the law etc..) this is how you scrap out issues of family ties in Canada
2. As stated earlier by someone else.. Your sister's husband is enough for sponsor. When I started my journey, my husband was my only sponsor. No need to include your dad rather use you your dad, mum, grandparents mother inlaw, father inlaw as family ties in Nigeria. Explain in detail how she and her husband need to come back and take care of them. Afterwards, she needs to state in detail the hospital owned by she and husband. Stating just an admin isn't enough please. She has to state how she supports her husband in running this business smoothly, what are roles are, e.g does she handle the finance aspect, filing of patients record, management of her employees etc.. She wants to take the hospital to greater lengths and to do she has lots to learn which is why the necessary course is needed.. learn to convince the visa officer in her explanations.Show enough documents such as pictures of her having a meeting with the employees, or checking records or filing documents etc.. pictures of hospital, documents of hospital etc..

3. Apologise for omitting necessary informations, state all refusals and include the refusal doc. State how she has covered their reasons and so on..Basically, cover every loose end.
All the best to her

Dorisdili:
Thanks for responding

She didn't talk about her 2 siblings already in Canada in her SOP. She mentioned it in her first application in 2021 and one of the reasons for denial was ties to Canada. So we felt it was best not to mention it this time.

I have completed school and I am currently working and filing taxes yearly.

My brother is currently in his second semester. We didn't mention this in her SOP due to the denial reason in her first application, and we didn't also mention I was in Canada in my brother's SOP when he was applying.

Her SOP was detailed to the best of our knowledge. I am not sure how else we can prove she will come back to Nigeria aside her husband, the family business - the clinic, and the property they have.

Would you be able to advice how we can best explain this in a convincing way? Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beeslim: 1:48am On Feb 23, 2023
Bobomaigida:

1. Combining your sister's account and her hubby is enough POF, she does not need to add your dad to the mix.
2. Were there lump sums in the 3 statements ?
3. Did she pay part or full tuition?
4. Were the statements MBS or normal printed statements, and for how long were they?
5. How did she explain the POF on her SOP?
- Request for the GCMS notes to know the exact details for refusal.
- You might need professional help to package the next application - get an agent, their services can be afforded by her.

Sir please i want to get something right here...

1) Like how much is regarded as lumped Sum; my reason is this my inflow are majorly in 7 figs and 8 figs cause i deal on FX. in my case do i need to be explain why 14m came, why 9m drop, why 10m dropped...?

2) since am going with family do i need to also leave some good volume in my spouses account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 2:05am On Feb 23, 2023
I want to ask about this

If I’m trying to reapply, can I get a loan maybe from a cooperative and then I’ll have my dad send it to my account like it was from him with a gift of deed and it can be a self sponsored or do I need to still make my dad the sponsor but with my account statement alone and a letter of sponsorship from him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dorisdili: 2:40am On Feb 23, 2023
Thank you so much for your advice. I appreciate!
Henny52:
This is a problem. I am sure in the family information form, you stated all your siblings and same with your brother. Definitely, your sister filled the family information form and mentioned you guys as well.
She has to state all these in her SOP, her stories need to be consistent. Even when you have all the necessary documents for a visa approval you can be turned down for any reason because you avoided an important information they have of you.
For her next application, she can decide to use a recognized immigration consultant, but if she decides to do it herself then she has say the truth this time around
1. Show her siblings in Canada, talk about their progress in Canada( one is working as a..... Employment letter to back it up. Brother a student, Show back up of tuition payments, enrollment letter and transcript with good results. Explain how siblings have displayed reputable characters in Canada, haven't broken the law etc..) this is how you scrap out issues of family ties in Canada
2. As stated earlier by someone else.. Your sister's husband is enough for sponsor. When I started my journey, my husband was my only sponsor. No need to include your dad rather use you your dad, mum, grandparents mother inlaw, father inlaw as family ties in Nigeria. Explain in detail how she and her husband need to come back and take care of them. Afterwards, she needs to state in detail the hospital owned by she and husband. Stating just an admin isn't enough please. She has to state how she supports her husband in running this business smoothly, what are roles are, e.g does she handle the finance aspect, filing of patients record, management of her employees etc.. She wants to take the hospital to greater lengths and to do she has lots to learn which is why the necessary course is needed.. learn to convince the visa officer in her explanations.Show enough documents such as pictures of her having a meeting with the employees, or checking records or filing documents etc.. pictures of hospital, documents of hospital etc..

3. Apologise for omitting necessary informations, state all refusals and include the refusal doc. State how she has covered their reasons and so on..Basically, cover every loose end.
All the best to her

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 6:34am On Feb 23, 2023
Greetings family, please, can someone with MBA apply in college? I applied in two universities Victoria and Wilfred laurier university for Msc and we have not heard from them.
Please i don't know if i can apply in colleges to boost my chances of getting admission

Please help me i really want to get admission in any school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Itua123: 6:59am On Feb 23, 2023
Funkia:
Pls who applied to ucalgary fall 2023 intake?.
. Please I applied since sept 2022 for fall 2023 but no admission till date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Itua123: 7:02am On Feb 23, 2023
Kwamentim3:
I did but sadly, I just got a love letter from them
please what do you mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 7:02am On Feb 23, 2023
Henny52:

CIC News February 19,2023 saysThe Federal Court has ruled that International students do not need to pay all or part of their tuition fees for a study permit application to receive approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ennkkay95: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2023
please can anyone answer me
Ennkkay95:
please I need advice on POF for canadian study visa...This is the month of february and I intend to start study by semptember 2023.

1. What month is the right time to apply for visa?
2. What is the right way to go about your POF, especially when you are borrowing?
3. How much will I need for I and my spouse and how long should it be in my bank before visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2023
I want to ask about this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2023
Dorisdili:
Thanks alot for your response.

Your first point is noted.

There were no unexpected lump sum. The accounts had good inflow and outflow.

She paid part tuition - full first semester tuition

In her SOP, she explained that her husband is the main sponsor and my dad is the co-sponsor, and her husband has approved his bank to transfer 3k monthly to her account for her upkeep while she is on Canada. Could you kindly advice if there are better ways to explain the sponsor situation in the SOP?

The statements were printed stated, and it was for 4months.

If you don't mind, can you please explain the MBS statement? I am not sure what that is.
Thank you

I will advice you use a registered immigration consultant that have a track record with though cases. Please not agent.

So far everything looks good. Only a specialized consultant can see what the VO is seeing. So they will know the best way to tackle such issue.

My two cents...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2023
Itua123:
please what do you mean?

The word "sadly" explains it all.
He got a refusal which he is taking in good faith and he is ready to push on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TosinTemilade: 9:03am On Feb 23, 2023
I need assistance on any post graduate school in Canada for September intake,I study food technology in school,so I can go for any related course in food,my email tomatoe2016@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lordlugard91: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2023
Anyone going to Brantford by April/May ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by freshdude: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2023
Hi everyone, Please I will like to confirm if IOM open during public holidays like Eid holiday and Easter Monday holiday in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayimperial1: 9:26am On Feb 23, 2023
Thank you for reaching out @skillz111
Here is my email address owolabiayomide31@gmail.com

skillz111:
Hi I can't access my former email,reason for not replying you earlier.You can drop your watsapp number or email address or add me on watsapp with this number 09027150443.Dont call the number,it won't connect,I just used it to open watsapp a longtime ago.I am also Niagara intake September 2023.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sheillaa: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2023
Dear people, please friend needs advice. She got a job in Canada and trying to process her visa and about paying for Medicals but the agent told her she can do medicals by proxy instead travelling from sokoto where she’s based to Abuja, but will cost money cos they have someone in there.
Has anyone experienced this before? What do you guys advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lodded(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2023
Hey guys,
I need a clarification on this:
I got admission for September intake at Assiniboine community college and they are asking me to pay 1500 dollars in order to secure a seat for the program I applied for.
I'm worried that 1500 dollars can't sponsor a student visa..my first year tuition is up to 16000 dollars..should I go ahead and pay the 1500 dollars they are asking for or should I pay higher than that for the sake of my visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2023
Good morning everyone please I just got this email from vac (I will attach it below)
It says my passport is ready for collection at vac Abuja but I submitted in vac office Lagos. Does this mean I have to go pick it up in Abuja?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2023
lodded:
Hey guys,
I need a clarification on this:
I got admission for September intake at Assiniboine community college and they are asking me to pay 1500 dollars in order to secure a seat for the program I applied for.
I'm worried that 1500 dollars can't sponsor a student visa..my first year tuition is up to 16000 dollars..should I go ahead and pay the 1500 dollars they are asking for or should I pay higher than that for the sake of my visa application.
whether you pay 1500 to secure a seat for the program or you pay higher it does guarantee approval. Your total application package should convince the visa officer... Then leave the rest to God. It can only be God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2023
It’s PPR Guyysssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! Ohmigoshhhhhhhh... I dunno how to behave anymore
So, I prophetically wrote this down since 16th of November 2022 when I was still very worried about how long the Form A processing was taking and I just danced after.
I applied via the GC Key portal and this was my first application.
My timeline
Applied on the 4th of January 2023
Biometrics request: 5th January 2023
Biometrics Done and updated: 9th January 2023
Medicals was done upfront on the 20th of December 2022
Medical Request: 20th January 2023
Medicals updated to Passed: 27th January 2023
Eligibility started: Not too sure when it started, I saw that it had started when medical request came in
BVL dropped: 23rd February 2023
PPR dropped: 23rd February 2023
A few things that gave me concern was that all my statements of account were gotten since first week of November 2022 and I didn’t submit my application till January 4th 2023 but it worked out in the end… God did it!

Documents Submitted:
Digital Photograph
Letter of Admission
Receipt of School fee payment
Co-op Letter
Proof of Means of Financial Support
I had all my sponsor’s documents here and they are listed below.
Letter of Sponsorship
Sponsor’s birth certificate
Sponsor’s international passport
Sponsor’s letter of introduction from employer
Sponsor’s letter of employment
Sponsor’s employment ID
Sponsor’s promotion letter
Sponsor’s 6 months’ pay slip.
Sponsor’s 6 months’ statement of account
Documents to support lump sum (Tenancy agreement)
Deed of ownership for three different properties
Pictures of properties
Client Information
I had all my documents here and are listed below
SOP (5 Pages)
Passport data page
Birth Certificate
All educational certificates (WAEC and BSC) and Nysc Certificate
Study Leave Letter, Official ID card, Employment Letter and promotion letter
Six months’ Pay slip
Salary account Statement with 3M balance (Gift Deed from sponsor)
USD account statement with 3k dollars balance
Landed property document with my name
Pictures with my family (Dad, mum and my sister)
My application was not perfect and I had a lot of anxiety until the PPR request came... Special appreciation to everyone who contributed on this platform, you all were beneficial to my success story because I gained all the knowledge on how to go about my application here... now the real journey begins
I wish everyone here all the very best in their applications and pray that we all get favorable responses

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kwamentim3: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2023
Love letter in this instance means I was rejected. I applied for PhD in Educational Research tho
Funkia:
sorry i don't get you.you got the admission you should be happy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kwamentim3: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2023
I mean I was refused admission and I got the update in my portal yesterday. It was a PhD program though
Itua123:
please what do you mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2023
Don't do it, she should go for her medicals in person and she should run from that agent

Sheillaa:
Dear people, please friend needs advice. She got a job in Canada and trying to process her visa and about paying for Medicals but the agent told her she can do medicals by proxy instead travelling from sokoto where she’s based to Abuja, but will cost money cos they have someone in there.
Has anyone experienced this before? What do you guys advise?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.