Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225140 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by moyin3097: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2023
Army2022:
Sure. Submit the one you have.
Make sure you travel before June! With or without passport renewal.

**Remember**
*Submit your available passport!
*Travel on or before June(because of the expiring date).

That one aside.
Apply for passport renewal asap. I heard the process is stressful in Canada. If you haven't, apply now and then travel with both passport.
*Then apply for visa extension with your new passport when you get to Canada.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maschi: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2023
Any September intake travelling in June? And is it okay to go 3 months before your school resumption?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Didito(f): 9:53am On Feb 26, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Thanks, I successfully adding up my letter of intent through ocas

Did u get a feedback mail from your school stating they have received ur letter of intent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omowunmi2023(f): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2023
OldwomanWoman:
Who is going to Sheridan college For May intake?

Let’s link up…

Pls o my sister I’m just starting my September application Pls help o … how can I reach you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 1Kaycee1(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

Yes but there is a pop up on my portal where I’m asked to upload it. Please anyone who as applied to the school before should help me.

I got an offer from the school for MEng. without submitting any English Language test. I only submitted Letter of English proficiency from my first degree. Just ensure you select English Language as your first language during application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2023
Lawode:
Good evening guys, Glory to God!!!!!! our testimony came in early! Family of four. Student permit for wife and SOWP for me. We did all by ourselves and with the help of God, and the hope and inspiration given by the application details provided by @Oloking and @Dayo96 ( Dear Brother, the saving project worked). @Tolulope1 thanks for being so warm and helpful. We submitted the usual documents so there is nothing to list in that regard except the few unique ones like:
a) a letter confirming my remote work arrangement, as opposed to letter for leave of absence ( I can't leave my job ).
b) Documents confirming annual emolument of sponsor ( I am sponsoring my wife) ,
c) Applicant's and Sponsor's Employment documents
d) One year pay slip of sponsor
e) One year statement of account ( Naira and Dorm)
f) International training certificates
g) Letter of Sponsorship (detailing my income and how the funds available were made, the huge transfers into my wife's account from Bonuses earned last year, and the corresponding payslips)
h) Wife's SOP ( 22 pages or so, detailing every aspect of the application. Why she wants to study PGD after Masters, why she is traveling with family, etc, she was very sincere in that write up)
i) Letter of Intent from me ( stating my true intentions, the need to be with my family, the situation surrounding my job and why I had to go to Canada with my job)
j) Bill and receipts for children had in the US
(k) Explanation of the intent to sell the dollars in my Dorm at the parallel rate.
l) Commitment to fall back on my RSA should I lose my job or sell two of my vehicles
m) Hometies - Job, work benefits ( I have a lot to lose in benefits if I don't come back, and this is the absolute, verifiable truth), personal relationship with employer, established profession etc)
n) Travel history ( UK, US, UAE - existing US visa
o) Plans to convert 25% of RSA towards mortgage under the new policy in that regard.
p) I had to state a commitment towards monthly savings to shore up my proof of fund for living expenses in the second year. We have funds for the first year.
q) We paid the first year tuition.

These are things that easily come to mind.

My observations and advice:

1. Tell your story truthfully and back it up with as much evidence as you can get, it is easier selling the truth.
2. Explain every deposit
3. Have your sponsor transfer substantial but explainable funds into your account ( all funds were transferred into my wife's account)
4. Please make a joint application if you have the funds, don't state your spouse is your home tie when you know you will want them to join you later ( say the truth)
5. Use the MBS
6. Travel history helps with quicker record verification ( it is not a major factor, but it helps buttress the fact that you are not trying to Japa)
7. Provide details of your registered business if you have one, otherwise show other means of social establishment in Nigeria
8. Do not do half measure, go all out to prove the facts that you state, again this boils down to if you are saying the truth.
9. Give a detail description of your study plan. Prepare your SOP like a tough interview question and answer session. Address all the issues sincerely ( your truth is your truth, don't try to play smart. e.g. my siblings are abroad and I didn't hide that, just stated that I have always returned to Nigeria in spite of that)
10. Show a reasonable career progression. Don''t jump from Customer Service to Nursing or Health Care Assistance without a solid explanation.
11. Research and do it yourself if you can, otherwise, provide all the information , including the SOP and make sure you can see yourself and not a stranger in the story being presented on your behalf. It is easy for one to forget a lie but the truth never fades.
12. Huge funds without detailed explanation of the source will work against you
13. Don't be afraid to transfer lump sum so far there is a good, plausible explanation.
14. This is a good time to apply, do it now, the time line might get worse again - I was going to continue to save until I have at least 20million, in addition to the fees for the second year tuition for my wife, but @Dayo96 and @Olokings story on guaranteed savings encouraged me. ( I still intend to continue to save until the money is complete, but we already of the visa, so it is good to just get on with it and hope that the truth will make you free.
15. This is one situation where the strength of man cannot promise success, there is the huge element of the grace of God. Please acquaint yourself with God, let this mission bring you close to Him and the knowledge of His will. Be sure God wants you to do this and live your life in the fear of God.

Application submitted - February 1
Biometrics done - February 8
Upfront Medicals passed - February 14
Eligibility Started - February 19
BVL & PPR - February 21.

I give glory to God, this is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. My wife is super pumped for her post graduates and the family time we will have in Canada.

Good Morning chief.... Is there any way I can contact you sir? I really need help concerning this study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2023
I haven't gotten admission yet, I just applied 4 days ago after I paid $100 Cad and I forgot to attached my letter of intent on my portal. But I was able to uploading it and is attached through Ocas.

Didito:

Did u get a feedback mail from your school stating they have received ur letter of intent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ourunivibes(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

I haven't gotten admission yet, I just applied few days ago after I paid $100 Cad and I forgot to attached my letter of intent on my portal. But I was able to uploading it and is attached

Please which school did you apply to ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 11:24am On Feb 26, 2023
Good Morning house. Is there any one going to connestoga this sept that has gotten study permit? I need help ooo...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluwaloniglory7: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannylady: 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Please has anyone flown with Brussels Airlines from Nigeria.

please do I need transit visa from Nigeria to Canada with Brussels Airlines?

Is it a good Airline to fly with, going with children, please kindly respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
Chief, is there a way I can reach you sir...@makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
@makano,Chief, is there a way I can reach you sir...[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
Cash10003:

Yes you’ll receive a mail to go for your medical .. or you can as well do upfront medicals
After doing my upfront, my medicals hasn't been updated o. I didn't even get medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omowunmi2023(f): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
Papapa1234:
Anyone going to Sheridan College?

There is a WhatsApp group..

Let’s start a community oooo

Pls I’m new on here and I’m interested in joining the group,thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tejaisco(f): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2023
Didibibi:
It’s PPR Guyysssssssssssssssssssssss
I am posting this on behalf of my sister (na we wan drag this girl comot from Nigeria)
We applied via the GC Key portal and this was her first student application. School is SAIT, Sept start
Her timeline
Applied on the 6th of Feb 2023
Biometrics request: Upfront Biometrics from a previous Visitor’s visa
Medicals was done upfront on the 10 Aug 2022
Eligibility started: Not sure, no update on this
application, it was just a direct passport request
PPR dropped: 24th February 2023
Documents Submitted:
Digital Photograph
Letter of Admission
Receipt of School fee payment(Tuition Deposit)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Me and my brother decided to co-sponsor her application as we are both Permanent residents
Letter of Sponsorship(Affidavit notarized in Canada)
Sponsors birth certificate(Just mine and applicant’s BC)
Sponsors letter of Employment confirmation)
Sponsors 3 months’ pay stubs.
My brother’s confirmation of investment $10k
Title certificate of house belonging to me and my brother in Canada(with a confirmation saying she can stay in any of the houses)
We also attached a 5-year bank statement of the applicant showing consistent deposit from me or my brother for my sister’s upkeep.
We also highlighted what our combined income was and stated that her tuition (35k for 2 year course) was about 15% of our total annual income.
Client Information
we submitted all documents listed below
LOE written by my brother (the baddest to ever do it)
Passport data page
Birth Certificate
This application isn’t the most accurate, we did a lot on God’s Grace and Vibes
For home ties, we had mentioned the state of the Nigerian educational system and the incessant ASUU strike (my sister is a final year student in one of the federal universities), we also highlighted how she has been on a 3.5-year course for almost 5 years and there’s no end in sight. We also mentioned that she is the caretaker of our late parents’ property, and she has sentimental attachment to it and she will be returning to continue her duties over the property.

Please anyone with SAIT whatsapp group or support group will be highly appreciated.
Congratulations to your sister. I also got admission to SAIT, please if you come across the WhatsApp group, share with me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teejackz11009: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hello house. Can someone take his Passport for stamping to Vfs office in Lagos himself?or is it a must it's sent through Courier DHL or UPS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nana101: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yes, you can and if you did your biometrics there, you can pick up as well.

Teejackz11009:
Hello house. Can someone take his Passport for stamping to Vfs office in Lagos himself?or is it a must it's sent through Courier DHL or UPS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2023
[quote author=makano post=121227082]Hello adefunke

What exactly is the purpose of submitting blank receipts?

Your receipts must contain the several payments made by your customers, this will help especially if you have vast amounts of money (payments) made into your accounts to avoid refusals cos of lump sums.

Peace

@Makano,

You are really doing a great job on this platform.

I am sponsoring my son to a diploma program in Engineering at Lethbridge College which I have secured his admission offer and just about to pay the initial $1000 cad tuition deposit. He is will be 17 year by September 2023 which is also his period of resumption.

Currently, he is a private university in Nigeria studying Mechatronics Engineering.

Please, I need you for some advice.

My personal mail is ofabowale@gmail.com or 08029575185
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
@Makano, Chief

You are really doing a great job on this platform.

I am sponsoring my son to a diploma program in Engineering at Lethbridge College which I have secured his admission offer and just about to pay the initial $1000 cad tuition deposit. He will be 17 year by September 2023 which is also his period of resumption.

Currently, he is in a private university in Nigeria studying Mechatronics Engineering.

Please, I need you for some advice.

My personal mail is ofabowale@gmail.com or 08029575185
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
ourunivibes:
Please can someone recommend some schools I can apply to in Canada for September in take
university of regina is still on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2023
1Kaycee1:

I got an offer from the school for MEng. without submitting any English Language test. I only submitted Letter of English proficiency from my first degree. Just ensure you select English Language as your first language during application.

That’s great. I’m also applying for MEng please I sent a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lawode:
Good evening guys, Glory to God!!!!!! our testimony came in early! Family of four. Student permit for wife and SOWP for me. We did all by ourselves and with the help of God, and the hope and inspiration given by the application details provided by @Oloking and @Dayo96 ( Dear Brother, the saving project worked). @Tolulope1 thanks for being so warm and helpful. We submitted the usual documents so there is nothing to list in that regard except the few unique ones like:
a) a letter confirming my remote work arrangement, as opposed to letter for leave of absence ( I can't leave my job ).
b) Documents confirming annual emolument of sponsor ( I am sponsoring my wife) ,
c) Applicant's and Sponsor's Employment documents
d) One year pay slip of sponsor
e) One year statement of account ( Naira and Dorm)
f) International training certificates
g) Letter of Sponsorship (detailing my income and how the funds available were made, the huge transfers into my wife's account from Bonuses earned last year, and the corresponding payslips)
h) Wife's SOP ( 22 pages or so, detailing every aspect of the application. Why she wants to study PGD after Masters, why she is traveling with family, etc, she was very sincere in that write up)
i) Letter of Intent from me ( stating my true intentions, the need to be with my family, the situation surrounding my job and why I had to go to Canada with my job)
j) Bill and receipts for children had in the US
(k) Explanation of the intent to sell the dollars in my Dorm at the parallel rate.
l) Commitment to fall back on my RSA should I lose my job or sell two of my vehicles
m) Hometies - Job, work benefits ( I have a lot to lose in benefits if I don't come back, and this is the absolute, verifiable truth), personal relationship with employer, established profession etc)
n) Travel history ( UK, US, UAE - existing US visa
o) Plans to convert 25% of RSA towards mortgage under the new policy in that regard.
p) I had to state a commitment towards monthly savings to shore up my proof of fund for living expenses in the second year. We have funds for the first year.
q) We paid the first year tuition.

These are things that easily come to mind.

My observations and advice:

1. Tell your story truthfully and back it up with as much evidence as you can get, it is easier selling the truth.
2. Explain every deposit
3. Have your sponsor transfer substantial but explainable funds into your account ( all funds were transferred into my wife's account)
4. Please make a joint application if you have the funds, don't state your spouse is your home tie when you know you will want them to join you later ( say the truth)
5. Use the MBS
6. Travel history helps with quicker record verification ( it is not a major factor, but it helps buttress the fact that you are not trying to Japa)
7. Provide details of your registered business if you have one, otherwise show other means of social establishment in Nigeria
8. Do not do half measure, go all out to prove the facts that you state, again this boils down to if you are saying the truth.
9. Give a detail description of your study plan. Prepare your SOP like a tough interview question and answer session. Address all the issues sincerely ( your truth is your truth, don't try to play smart. e.g. my siblings are abroad and I didn't hide that, just stated that I have always returned to Nigeria in spite of that)
10. Show a reasonable career progression. Don''t jump from Customer Service to Nursing or Health Care Assistance without a solid explanation.
11. Research and do it yourself if you can, otherwise, provide all the information , including the SOP and make sure you can see yourself and not a stranger in the story being presented on your behalf. It is easy for one to forget a lie but the truth never fades.
12. Huge funds without detailed explanation of the source will work against you
13. Don't be afraid to transfer lump sum so far there is a good, plausible explanation.
14. This is a good time to apply, do it now, the time line might get worse again - I was going to continue to save until I have at least 20million, in addition to the fees for the second year tuition for my wife, but @Dayo96 and @Olokings story on guaranteed savings encouraged me. ( I still intend to continue to save until the money is complete, but we already of the visa, so it is good to just get on with it and hope that the truth will make you free.
15. This is one situation where the strength of man cannot promise success, there is the huge element of the grace of God. Please acquaint yourself with God, let this mission bring you close to Him and the knowledge of His will. Be sure God wants you to do this and live your life in the fear of God.

Application submitted - February 1
Biometrics done - February 8
Upfront Medicals passed - February 14
Eligibility Started - February 19
BVL & PPR - February 21.

I give glory to God, this is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. My wife is super pumped for her post graduates and the family time we will have in Canada.

Congratulations sir. Please i want to ask.
If someone has a registered business (asides working) but there is not tax records and the person does not pay herself salary, is there any point mentioning it in the SOP at all?

Secondly, in my place of work, our salary is paid cash. Not transfer.

No pay slip (its a small organization).
I hope it won't e a source of concern?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
1Kaycee1:

Thanks, Omg! I went back to my application and saw that I didn’t select English as my first language, it indicated other. Please I hope this won’t affect my application because I have decided to upload English proficiency letter from my university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lush100(m): 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Pls what's the official rate for calculating POF.

What amount do I need for a family of 4.
(2 kids 12 and 9). Course cost 12.2 K CAD.
1 year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MotolaniBolaji: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
You people did not say luggage sets are this expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I seeing 250k for luggage set!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ScalesDemy: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
Gisele2023:
My people pls j need samplse of sop and LOE.abeg
Send me an email if you can. I can help with your first draft and then you continue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yekebu(f): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
OldwomanWoman:
Who is going to Sheridan college For May intake?

Let’s link up…

Sheridan college, September intake...
Please how do I link up? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nascimento88: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
Please I need help on completing my brother's application for an undergraduate program in the university of Manitoba Canada.
I am currently at this stage of the application, does anyone know what number is required in the image below??

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.