Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219789 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyitorl2: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thank you.
nnemak:
Congratulation Seyi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyitorl2: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Amen.
Ndubisi12:
I celebrate with you and so shall people will celebrate my own this year in Jesus name amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chasemaduka: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
How true is this statement?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cashrules12(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
are you in naija?
Ketima:
Hello Everyone,

if by chance you need CAD in exchange for Naira, I have up to CAD$1500 for disposal.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by abbey1986(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Republic001:
Guys pls what can be happening...am trying to upload my documents and form and since yesterday night...it's been saying Error 403 it wud just bring the page back .. have tried two different browser Mozilla and chrome ...it's the same thing..am I d one having dis fault or it's normal..It just disturbing since yesterday night even dis morning...It wud be saying You are not sign in Error 404.. where as it acknowledging my Details

Its was stated on ircc website that they will be under going maintenance on Tuesday.
So try it today again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bamz555:

Oh well sorry about d confusion.
My spouse already did change of name, but the passport she used to apply SP still Carries her old name even tho it still has up to 4yrs validity. But we want to effect d new name on her intl passport, hence the need to do a new one. So my question is that;
Can she go ahead to do a new passport that will bear d new names now? And how do we make sure it does not cause any problem wit d application because she applied with d current passport she has. ??
I hope I’m clearer now

In my opinion, there’s no need doing a new passport, considering she still has a valid one.

No need to intrude, but I’m guessing she wants to travel with her husband? Or bring her husband in a little later on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
If the passport has up to 4 years validity, there is no need to renew it. PLease use it and submit marriage certificate and change of name publication. Her passport still having her maiden name affects nothing.

Bamz555:

Oh well sorry about d confusion.
My spouse already did change of name, but the passport she used to apply SP still Carries her old name even tho it still has up to 4yrs validity. But we want to effect d new name on her intl passport, hence the need to do a new one. So my question is that;
Can she go ahead to do a new passport that will bear d new names now? And how do we make sure it does not cause any problem wit d application because she applied with d current passport she has. ??
I hope I’m clearer now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Welsh2np:

In my opinion, there’s no need doing a new passport, considering she still has a valid one.

No need to intrude, but I’m guessing she wants to travel with her husband? Or bring her husband in a little later on?
Yes traveling with husband
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kween2014:
If the passport has up to 4 years validity, there is no need to renew it. PLease use it and submit marriage certificate and change of name publication. Her passport still having her maiden name affects nothing.

The thing is her resumption is September, by July dis yr d passport will be left wit 4yrs, nd by September when she will travel passport validity will now be less than 4yrs sef. Will be 3yrs nd 10 months valid time left. But just submitted application last week. So don’t know if she should rush nd do new passports now. And how will she communicate that to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Chasemaduka:

Very accurate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bamz555:

Yes traveling with husband

Welp, why didn’t you bring in this question before her having to submit her SP application. That way she would have renewed her passport before she can apply as PA and you as dependent.

But all the same, considering she has already submitted her application as PA and also considering her passport is still valid for up to 4years, there’s no need to do a new passport.

A quick one, if she were to do a new passport, how would she communicate it to IRCC? That her Old passport went missing?

Secondly, what’s the duration of her program?
I’m sure it’s not more than 2years. If so, no need to renew a passport.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AhamefulaEkwonna(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
Asekzz:
Ppr for me... sending passport tomm..but am sorry I used an agent....No update to share am so sorry my nairaland family...cape breton university thou.

Please share your timeline bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijefineawele: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
God bless you
SomBaby:
Hello... please anyone/solo traveler coming in to Brandon for probably Brandon university or Assiniboine college for the fall and looking for where to stay temporarily (1week or 2) should please DM. Let's help u save money on Airbnb. It's just for a few days and it's completely free...
But it's not my decision alone...my flatmates and I decided to give back to the society by harbouring someone for free for a week or two.

Preferably a male (a female too can as long as she can manage) as the person has to occupy our living room during the period of stay

About us; we are a group of three(2ladies and a guy) sharing an apartment (3bedroom) we met here on thread 20 before our journey to Canada last year December. I am a lady from Anambra (Catholic) the second lady is from Benin (Muslim) while the guy is from Delta(Redeemed).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2023
Welsh2np:

Welp, why didn’t you bring in this question before her having to submit her SP application. That way she would have renewed her passport before she can apply as PA and you as dependent.

But all the same, considering she has already submitted her application as PA and also considering her passport is still valid for up to 4years, there’s no need to do a new passport.

A quick one, if she were to do a new passport, how would she communicate it to IRCC? That her Old passport went missing?

Secondly, what’s the duration of her program?
I’m sure it’s not more than 2years. If so, no need to renew a passport.
It’s supposed to be a 3yrs course bt LOA says 4yrs it’s an undergraduate program. So basically it’s 4yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bamz555:

It’s supposed to be a 3yrs course bt LOA says 4yrs it’s an undergraduate program. So basically it’s 4yrs
And pls do u, or anyone have an idea how many yrs visa they could grant for a 4yrs undergraduate program and that if the spouse SOWP??
Another issue is the spouse won’t be traveling with her immediately, he will be traveling by December nd by December his passport validity would be less than 4yrs already. It’s actually complicated but please I need best possible advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AhamefulaEkwonna(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
I’m hoping my application ends in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bamz555:

And pls do u, or anyone have an idea how many yrs visa they could grant for a 4yrs undergraduate program and that if the spouse SOWP??
Another issue is the spouse won’t be traveling with her immediately, he will be traveling by December nd by December his passport validity would be less than 4yrs already. It’s actually complicated but please I need best possible advice

It’s always complicated.
I hope you’re not trying to play fast-moves on IRCC.

My last words: allow the lady get her study permit and travel in peace. Whatever arrangement you have of joining her later on, can be executed after she has successfully landed in CA.
No use your reggae spoil her blues.

And as for her passport, it’ is still very valid. And she’ll be getting a 4years visa imprint on her passport if she gets the study permit for a four years undergraduate degree.

Shalom!

If it gets more complicated as suggested, I advice you talk to an immigration Attorney or a RCIC (Consultant)- BE CAREFUL!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Why are u wrorrying urself. he or she can easily get visa extention when he and she get new passport in Canada after the old one might have expired.
Bamz555:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
Welsh2np:

It’s always complicated.
I hope you’re not trying to play fast-moves on IRCC.

My last words: allow the lady get her study permit and travel in peace. Whatever arrangement you have of joining her later on, can be executed after she has successfully landed in CA.
No use your reggae spoil her blues.

And as for her passport, it’ is still very valid. And she’ll be getting a 4years visa imprint on her passport if she gets the study permit for a four years undergraduate degree.

Shalom!

If it gets more complicated as suggested, I advice you talk to an immigration Attorney or a RCIC (Consultant)- BE CAREFUL!
Thanks a lot for this advice!
But one last one, focusing on her, d main applicant now, due to the fact that some of her documents are carrying the new names nd she stated it in her application too that she changed name after marriage are the major reasons why she wants to do a new passport that will carry the new names. Is it possible she go ahead to do the new passport since her reason is marriage? Nd Ottawa far from Winnipeg omoh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay130: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
quinstershaw:

Has your stage moved to ADB supervisor?
Hi, how long does it usually take for it to leave ADB_Reviewer? Been stuck at that ADB_Reviewer for like 7days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Correct. You can complete an additional one-year program to be eligible for PGWP. So, two one-year programs = 3-year PGWP.
PR requirements depend on other things like age, occupation, level of education, work experience, type of PR program and relative in Canada.
Chasemaduka:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by naxee9294: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
Asekzz:
Congratulations broda..I also got medical request knw date in Lagos..just booked yesterday for Abuja I was given march 7 for biometrics......any body for cape breton uni pls let's hook up.
hello cape Breton here let’s connect pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dafuturis(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Please guys where do I get Conestoga information to fill in the images. I'm filling form A for school fees to Conestoga college.

If you have the info pls drop here for me

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mclairity1: 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
Please how can someone track admission progress in Centennial college after the access key has expired?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
Good afternoon guys,

Please, I'd like to confirm how many years IRCC usually gives for Study Permit.

I'm going for a 1year program, and the Visa expires same time as my passport, which is in Feb 2025. So I was wondering if the visa validity would've been longer if my passport expiry date was farther.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
are there people going to Calgary soon? Abeg, lets connect.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
It depends on the length of study and the validity of passport.

If your program ends after Feb 2025, then the validity of the visa would have been longer. In this case, you can renew the visa/study permit while in Canada even if your visa expires in Feb 2025.

If your program ends before Feb 2025, then the validity of your passport wouldn't have made much difference cos you would be applying for a postgraduate work permit immediately your program ends.

Iykevirgo:
Good afternoon guys,

Please, I'd like to confirm how many years IRCC usually gives for Study Permit.

I'm going for a 1year program, and the Visa expires same time as my passport, which is in Feb 2025. So I was wondering if the visa validity would've been longer if my passport expiry date was farther.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
I am not sure you can. You just have to wait until the African representative contacts you with admission decision.

Mclairity1:
Please how can someone track admission progress in Centennial college after the access key has expired?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
ijefineawele:
God bless you

I’m about to type that I’m looking for someone schooling in Brandon university when I saw this. Pls I’m in for this, how can I contact you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
SomBaby:
Hello... please anyone/solo traveler coming in to Brandon for probably Brandon university or Assiniboine college for the fall and looking for where to stay temporarily (1week or 2) should please DM. Let's help u save money on Airbnb. It's just for a few days and it's completely free...
But it's not my decision alone...my flatmates and I decided to give back to the society by harbouring someone for free for a week or two.

Preferably a male (a female too can as long as she can manage) as the person has to occupy our living room during the period of stay

About us; we are a group of three(2ladies and a guy) sharing an apartment (3bedroom) we met here on thread 20 before our journey to Canada last year December. I am a lady from Anambra (Catholic) the second lady is from Benin (Muslim) while the guy is from Delta(Redeemed).

Thanks

Pls I’m coming to Brandon University and I will appreciate if I can contact you about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ketima:
Hello Everyone,

if by chance you need CAD in exchange for Naira, I have up to CAD$1500 for disposal.

Thank you

Rate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.