Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219813 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by naxee9294: 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
titialayo:
To God be all the glory...
it's PPR atlast..
After 6 refusals ( Canada 4, USA 2 ). What God can not do does not exit. My people it's a very long story since 2016, but God finally showed up for me....
Please help me specially thank @makano, God sent this man to help me out, even when I've lost hope and given up, this man took it up and did all the reapplication. God bless you @Makano, you are a good man.

7th reapplication: 21st Dec 2022
Passport request: March 16th 2023

What shall I say unto the Lord, all I have to say is Thank you Lord.

It can only be God.....

Omg 😳 congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oyalfares: 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good evening all, I would like some clarification. Does IOM send a copy of your full medical report to you? I have seen peeps that did Medicals but only a copy of the e-medical information sheet is given to them, to upload in their application.
So does IOM send a copy of your full medical report to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=flory10 post=121783798]Pls my people, regarding the news of the deportation of 700 indians let us be careful in selecting an agent and make sure you know the documents your Agent is filing for you. These Indian students had completed their studies and even completed their post study work experience. It was only at the point of applying for permanent residency that the fraud was discovered. What is this telling us? Any document you file is stored in the system and at the time of applying for permanent residency, they go back to it to investigate. Pls, pls when using an Agent be careful because some of the affected Indian students said they were not aware of documents filed by their Agent
Hmmm. True talk.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
titialayo:
To God be all the glory...
it's PPR atlast..
After 6 refusals ( Canada 4, USA 2 ). What God can not do does not exit. My people it's a very long story since 2016, but God finally showed up for me....
Please help me specially thank @makano, God sent this man to help me out, even when I've lost hope and given up, this man took it up and did all the reapplication. God bless you @Makano, you are a good man.

7th reapplication: 21st Dec 2022
Passport request: March 16th 2023

What shall I say unto the Lord, all I have to say is Thank you Lord.

It can only be God.....
Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akinbolaola(f): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
Also Cape Brenton...Gotten PPR...
Link me up aishat1665@gmail.com
Asekzz:
Ppr for me... sending passport tomm..but am sorry I used an agent....No update to share am so sorry my nairaland family...cape breton university thou.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Please how long does it take for your test result from IOM to be ready?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
imhade:
Please how long does it take for your test result from IOM to be ready?
Mine took about 3 working days, 5 days if you count weekend, but the doctor said to expect abt 5 working days for it to be ready

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oyalfares:
Good evening all, I would like some clarification. Does IOM send a copy of your full medical report to you? I have seen peeps that did Medicals but only a copy of the e-medical information sheet is given to them, to upload in their application.
They send the medical report to you if you ask for it (and i think you have pay for it too but im not sure abt that). But if you didn't ask for it, they'll just send it to IRCC by themselves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Yes they sent mine to me
Oyalfares:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maputhohq: 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
Anybody resuming Fanshawe College in September and would like to connect to travel together and get accommodation together. Message me let's connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amokemii(f): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=Tcrown2020 post=121798620][/quote]
Congratulations hon! Na who give up Bleep up!🎉🎉🥳🥳🎊🎊🍾🍾
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Thestarbear:

Mine took about 3 working days, 5 days if you count weekend, but the doctor said to expect abt 5 working days for it to be ready

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeboy(m): 12:18am On Mar 17, 2023
Hi all,

You guys have been amazing.

I got a refusal today for my wife and I. My wife is the principal applicant while I am dependant.

Her PoF for our living expensees was about 8million, she submitted my account as MBS to that effect.
Her PoF for school fees (10k CAD at NBCC) was her elder sisters Bank Statement with about 14m.

Refusal letter for her reads thus:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My own refusal reads thus:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

They have told us we can reapply again and it will be treated on the merit of a new application and we stand a chance if we can address all the reasons as to why we were refused. Does this means they will never refer to our previous application should let say I allow only my wife apply this time around with only me as sponsor?

Please help out experience guys in this forum as I believe I am not the only one with such cases. I am even grateful to God they didnt waste our time as all this happened within 2 weeks of application,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 12:21am On Mar 17, 2023
Just a quick one please. I know this subject has been discussed here times and over again, I just can’t seem to find the thread rn.

If you completed your biometrics in VAC Lagos, is it a must to submit your passport to Lagos upon PPR?

(Note: the person who wants to submit the passport is neither in Lagos nor in Abj)

Secondly, someone kindly help update with the passport submission information, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jman77(m): 12:49am On Mar 17, 2023
Please pardon me for dragging thread backwards,I really need a quick link or pointer to as what GMAT /GRE is and how to go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 12:59am On Mar 17, 2023
Welsh2np:
Just a quick one please. I know this subject has been discussed here times and over again, I just can’t seem to find the thread rn.

If you completed your biometrics in VAC Lagos, is it a must to submit your passport to Lagos upon PPR?

(Note: the person who wants to submit the passport is neither in Lagos nor in Abj)

Secondly, someone kindly help update with the passport submission information, please.

It’s not compulsory to submit your passport to VAC Lagos. The only advantage is that you don’t have to pay transmission fee if you submit at the same center you did your biometric.

Secondly, just follow this

Just print the ppr letter and submit along side your passport,a copy of the data page of your passport and the biometric slip at VFS, if you don't reside in the state where you had your biometrics you can send it via courier make sure you pay for two way

passport submission Information after Study Permit Approval.

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

If you are submitting anywhere outside Nigeria, contact the local visa office to find out how to submit.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by abbey1986(m): 1:23am On Mar 17, 2023
Good day house..pls I have been trying to download form imm 1294 and imm5257 for over a week now,I have tried to download the latest Adobe reader but all isn't just working and I don't seems to understand oooo...pls can anyone please assist or help me out..maybe u can assist in sending to my Gmail
Adeiteabiodun@gmail.com
Ejooor oooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AhamefulaEkwonna(m): 2:23am On Mar 17, 2023
Jeboy:
Hi all,

You guys have been amazing.

I got a refusal today for my wife and I. My wife is the principal applicant while I am dependant.

Her PoF for our living expensees was about 8million, she submitted my account as MBS to that effect.
Her PoF for school fees (10k CAD at NBCC) was her elder sisters Bank Statement with about 14m.

Refusal letter for her reads thus:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My own refusal reads thus:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

They have told us we can reapply again and it will be treated on the merit of a new application and we stand a chance if we can address all the reasons as to why we were refused. Does this means they will never refer to our previous application should let say I allow only my wife apply this time around with only me as sponsor?

Please help out experience guys in this forum as I believe I am not the only one with such cases. I am even grateful to God they didnt waste our time as all this happened within 2 weeks of application,

So sorry for the refusal. But these are some of the questions you should try to answer and they can help you prepare better for your reapplication.

-Which date did you both apply?
-How much is her tuition?
-What is her program duration?
-How does her former degree fit into her intended program to study in canada?
-She should have the POF in her own bank account
- What documents did you submit for home/family ties?
- What documents did you submit to show her employment status in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:28am On Mar 17, 2023
Hello House.

I am new on this thread and my first comment here. I want to apply for a student visa. I already have my admission secured, received my LOA and have my LOE ready. I want to start the application and uploading my docs.
I have in the past applied for a visit visa and I am yet to get a feedback from them on that. That application was submitted Nov 2023.
To my study visa application, which of the portals do I use. I will appreciate if anyone will be kind enough to share the appropriate portal link.
Also can anyone guide me on the steps with regards to proof of funds upload as I don't have enough information on that from what I heard from a family friend. Finally, also on medical upfront, what are the proper steps to be taken.
Thanks in anticipation of a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Antyxx: 2:28am On Mar 17, 2023
Welsh2np:

- when did you have your medical request letter?
- when did you complete the Medical exams?

And when you completed your medical exams the last time, did you submit the e-medical slip given to you to IRCC via webform?
exactly 29 days to today, and hospital called me that they were unable to do the right xray, and I should come back to do my xray tomorrow
i completed medical exam 10days ago

No,i didn't send it through webform, do I need to send the receipt through the form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolufijeh: 5:16am On Mar 17, 2023
Hello, please anyone coming to University of Regina next month and would need to share an apartment should please contact me via WhatsApp +2348064815870. All the best to all PPR expectants
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 5:42am On Mar 17, 2023
abbey1986:
Good day house..pls I have been trying to download form imm 1294 and imm5257 for over a week now,I have tried to download the latest Adobe reader but all isn't just working and I don't seems to understand oooo...pls can anyone please assist or help me out..maybe u can assist in sending to my Gmail
Adeiteabiodun@gmail.com
Ejooor oooooo

Right click and select open with Adobe reader.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Menaqiss1: 6:05am On Mar 17, 2023
Hi house please I have a questions my visa has been approved for study visa but I no long want the school because it has no PGWP and I want to change my school but I have already bought my ticket for ending of this month and all the school I want will be resuming by September or January, what should I do please and changing my DLI do I have to pay tuition to the school I don’t want to attend before I can change my DLI and also can I go to Canada without attending class till September and work, please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 6:08am On Mar 17, 2023
Is it possible to receive an application status as changed to later login to see no changes?
Or should one wait a few hours to see the changes instead of logging in immediately upon receiving the message?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 6:21am On Mar 17, 2023
Menaqiss1:
Hi house please I have a questions my visa has been approved for study visa but I no long want the school because it has no PGWP and I want to change my school but I have already bought my ticket for ending of this month and all the school I want will be resuming by September or January, what should I do please and changing my DLI do I have to pay tuition to the school I don’t want to attend before I can change my DLI and also can I go to Canada without attending class till September and work, please advise.

1. If you change your school before entering Canada then you have to apply for a new study permit. This is why we emphasize on checking if the school offers PGWP before applying.

2. You also have to be active in your current school first (attend something like one semester of lectures) before you can change DLI, and this is when you’re in Canada already.

3. You are not allowed to work until you resume classes, so no, you cannot go now and work until September. It’s not even so easy to get a job in Canada like someone here said, so people who want to go early to work don’t find it easy at all. You should be able to sort yourself out for six months at least, so it can give you ample time to find a good job and help yourself from there.

4. You cannot even be in Canada from ending March until September without attending classes. And does this mean your course starts in September? Because if so they’re most likely going to send you back from the border and ask you to return when it’s near your resumption. If you’re to resume in September just chill till July/ August before you travel to avoid wahala.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Youthmaster1: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2023
Menaqiss1:
. I think you can travel first and apply to other institutions that have PGWP and after you get your admission for sept or Jan you can notify ircc of the changes and yes you can work after you’re enrolled to the school. My advise for you is to differ to sept from this Particular school but in your mind you’re not resuming with them but with other school that have PGWP. Best of luck . Canada will favor you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 6:28am On Mar 17, 2023
Antyxx:

exactly 29 days to today, and hospital called me that they were unable to do the right xray, and I should come back to do my xray tomorrow
i completed medical exam 10days ago

No,i didn't send it through webform, do I need to send the receipt through the form?

You can’t keep IRCC in the dark.
Update them of any difficulty/challenge you may be facing concerning completing your medicals in the 30days window given to you.

You can do that by sending them your e-medical slip via webform and both via email: on the subject of the email, write URGENT.

Go on to explain your progress so far with the medical exams and the challenge you’re having with the Incomplete X-Ray.

Please do that ASAP. It’s risky not to submit requested documents within allotted timelines.

GL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sunshine087: 6:32am On Mar 17, 2023
Hello Guru in the house,

I need your advise on this urgent situation. I don't want to complicate issues...

I'm currently studying in Canada. My study permit was renewed last year September but is set to expire at the end of summer (which is when I'm graduating). However, I want to apply for a temporary study visa (since that already expire so that I can be able to return to Canada whenever I travel outside Canada). Can I add my parents to this application saying they are accompanying me (they want to attend my graduation) instead of applying for a new visit visa for them?

Thank you all for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:27am On Mar 17, 2023
Hello House.

I am new on this thread and my first comment here. I want to apply for a student visa. I already have my admission secured, received my LOA and have my LOE ready. I want to start the application and uploading my docs.
I have in the past applied for a visit visa and I am yet to get a feedback from them on that. That application was submitted Nov 2023.
To my study visa application, which of the portals do I use. I will appreciate if anyone will be kind enough to share the appropriate portal link.
Also can anyone guide me on the steps with regards to proof of funds upload as I don't have enough information on that from what I heard from a family friend. Finally, also on medical upfront, what are the proper steps to be taken.
Thanks in anticipation of a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rebless(m): 7:31am On Mar 17, 2023
[quote author=rebless post=121780493]Good morning all,

Please I need an advice on what to do if I am having difficulty downloading forms to be filled on my account? The actual content to seem to show when downloaded please what can i do?

Please who can help me with this issue pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rebless(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2023
Good morning Abbey I am actually having same issue pls kindly update me if you got any solution bro I will do the same if I'm able to resolve it here too
abbey1986:
Adeiteabiodun@gmail.com
Ejooor oooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rebless(m): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2023
Thank you brother I applied this method but there is no options for open with adobe on the list pls what else can i do
TradeSunMoore:

Right click and select open with Adobe reader.

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.