Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220083 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Mofolam:

Yes you can.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Makah00:

I haven’t gotten admission. Do you know anybody that have gotten?

Yh a friend from here hit me up the last time and he has gotten but he will be leaving before me this July, have you contacted them, they are usually very fast in giving admission, it should not take long but in the mean time do you have plan B?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Gurus, @johnstan @makano
Pls I just submitted my visa application, can I book for biometric immediately? Trying to book it but having issues with that.

Where can I find the biometric instructions letter? Such was not sent to me
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Guys, what is the meaning of receiving a message from CIC saying your application status has changed but on the portal, there was no changes?
Any idea what happened?
@bullstriker or anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello house.

I want to apply for study permit using the IRCC portal instead of the GCKey portal.

Pls can anyone confirm the best to use and also if this is the right IRCC portal:

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tarmmey: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hi guys can someone please answer me. What virtual dollar card can i use to apply for my visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peejay03: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, trust everyone is doing great.

So i have some questions that have been disturbing me for days now. I recently received an admission offer from Cambrian college for October 2023, I've paid my tuition deposit and I'm about applying for a student visa. Also, I recently got married and would really want my husband to travel with me.

My question:
1. Is it advisable to apply for a study visa for myself and an open work permit for my spouse at the same time or I apply alone first.
2. POF which we both intend using is in my bank account and I'm sponsoring myself. Won't the consular question my husbands contribution in the whole process?
3. I was playing around the form IMM1294 to get acquainted with the student visa application form. In the column for funds available for my stay in Canada, do I write the total liquid cash in my bank account currently or the total sum of the liquid cash and tuition deposit already paid?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
danherb:
Gurus,
Pls I just submitted my visa application, can I book for biometric immediately? Trying to book it but having issues with that.
Thanks
I have been looking for a new applicant like you. No one seem to answer me. Pls can you send the portal link you used to apply for study permit. Was it the old or new portal as I heard? I will be so glad if you can respond to me. Also will be interested in your progress from here with regards to upfront medical booking and the process involved.
I have sent you a mail, I will appreciate if you respond to it pls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Mofolam:
For those knowledgeable about mpower loan. Pls pardon my ignorance: I have one stupid question On behalf of my twin sister
* if someone applies for mpower loan for visa purposes and after visa approval she doesn’t use the loan. (She just ghosts them) and she pays her school fees out of pocket.
1) is it doable? 2) is it allowed 3) are there any monetary consequences?

By Ghosting , I hope you aren't referring to NOT paying the loan.

1.You can pay off the loan at any time so long as you pay accrued interest for that period.
2. You cannot borrow and not pay (when they have sent the funds to the school), it is crime and it affects your credit history which is what the society over there is built on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mofolam: 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

By Ghosting , I hope you aren't referring to NOT paying the loan.

1.You can pay off the loan at any time so long as you pay accrued interest for that period.
2. You cannot borrow and not pay (when they have sent the funds to the school), it is crime and it affects your credit history which is what the society over there is built on.
By ghosting I mean not collecting the at all. (Not informing them of visa approval) But applying for it for visa purpose.
The back story is. The funds are available for her but not until August. She wishes to submit sooner. Can you give a break down is how it works?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2023
Mofolam:

By ghosting I mean not collecting the at all. (Not informing them of visa approval) But applying for it for visa purpose.
The back story is. The funds are available for her but not until August. She wishes to submit sooner. Can you give a break down is how it works?

Let her just go through with it, she can use her funds that will be available in August to pay off the loan. So it does not look like the person used the loan approval to deceive IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
You don’t need her statement of account since she is not your sponsor, just show evidence that she is your sister and she is supporting your studies with that money (mention it both in ur sop and the gift deed) then you’re good to go!
If possible add her birth certificate and marriage certificate and pictures with her if you have.
Goodluck
babineli:

Thank you so much, my major concern is if I’m too declare her that she’s my sister, will they request she she also submit her bank statement so they can confirm if she has enough money before she can send me 5million naira, because the truth is the money doesn’t belong to her, she was sent the money and she decided to send me the money to use as POF (living expenses) since I have the money for all my tuition fees. So the major concern is if I should claim deed of gift will they ask me to also provide her bank statement so they can investigate how her account is also run or her current bank balance statement ? Thanks so much, your reply on this is very important.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by babineli: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Cuppycak3:
You don’t need her statement of account since she is not your sponsor, just show evidence that she is your sister and she is supporting your studies with that money (mention it both in ur sop and the gift deed) then you’re good to go!
If possible add her birth certificate and marriage certificate and pictures with her if you have.
Goodluck

DJ cuppy cake, you Dey give me joy I swear, thanks for the update. Lastly what’s your suggestion. If I’m to do gift deed, I want to do a gift deed of 1Million naira while I claim she refunded me some of the money have saved with her over the years which is 3.8million. I’m applying as a self sponsor, so I don’t want the gift deed she’s giving me be way too much, so it doesn’t look suspicious. Kindly note also that have been working over the years since 2016 till date. So is it okay I claim she refunded some money had saved with her which is 3.8million while she gifted me 1million naira to support my education. Also note when she sent the money to my account she sent it all together which is 4,850,000. Which is bettter do a gift of deed of 1million or 4.8million. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
Somebody should plss answer me e joor Biko....I forget to upload my marriage certificate to with my application and I submitted yesterday...I use the webform to upload it dis morning before I make a schedule for my biometric appointment...pls am i on the right track or I shd have wait they requested for it before I send it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by toluene23(f): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good Afternoon here

Been worried on how to go about this.
I want to apply for a vocational Course to Canada with my O’level.

I’ve fine tuned my CV to the level of this vocation course so as to apply and be granted admission.
And I hope it won’t affect as I’m in my mid 30s.

Frankly I am a Masters degree holder but I have financial issue and no job too as well.
So I want to apply via vocational route as I’ve read it’s more easy and some agreed on tuition payment on al.

My question now is will it be easy to later tender my BSc. And MSc paradventure I sail thru the whole process and granted visa.

And maybe later I want to switch with my cert in order to secure better job later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
Its called a ghost update
It means your file being actively worked on.
All the best

Zeed13:
Guys, what is the meaning of receiving a message from CIC saying your application status has changed but on the portal, there was no changes?
Any idea what happened?
@bullstriker or anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sweetjay20: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Republic001:
Somebody should plss answer me e joor Biko....I forget to upload my marriage certificate to with my application and I submitted yesterday...I use the webform to upload it dis morning before I make a schedule for my biometric appointment...pls am i on the right track or I shd have wait they requested for it before I send it
You can send a Web form explaining that you forgot to add your marriage certificate and attach the marriage certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Makah00: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Frankielilbaby:

Yh a friend from here hit me up the last time and he has gotten but he will be leaving before me this July, have you contacted them, they are usually very fast in giving admission, it should not take long but in the mean time do you have plan B?

Yes. I have a plan b
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mofolam: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Let her just go through with it, she can use her funds that will be available in August to pay off the loan. So it does not look like the person used the loan approval to deceive IRCC.
Ok thanks a lot. We didn’t know she can pay immediately. An agent told her 10yrs and we did t want her to have that debt on her neck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
Thanks bro... Exactly what I did
Sweetjay20:

You can send a Web form explaining that you forgot to add your marriage certificate and attach the marriage certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bamz555:
Please can you assist with the document for a lump sum[color=#006600]

First of all there must be a document that indicates you are d owner of the property. If d property was gifted to u by someone then u must have a gift deed for it to back it up. If it was sold to u, there must be a deed of conveyance to that effect. If u inherited it there must be a document showing so. So you will need that document first!
Secondly there must also be a deed of conveyance between u d seller nd d new buyer which u must also have.
These are d 2 documents u need to upload as far as d land nd sales of it is concerned, to proof evidence of lump sum. Consult a lawyer near u or I can assist with the documents for a fee
Shalom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olivia269: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello, gurus in the house,

This is my profile below:
I'm in my second year of studying agricultural science in Nigerian Versity, but due to the incessant ASUU strikes, this is my 3rd year in school. I have no work experience beyond my volunteer experience with the Nigerian Red Cross. I have no car documentation or landed properties.

I have admission in Canadian University as a transfer student. I don't know what else to include in my SOP as "home ties" apart from my family and friends here.
Please help me 🥺🙏

@bobomaigida
@femmybet
@bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
olivia269:

I'm in my second year of studying agricultural science in Nigerian Versity, but due to the incessant ASUU strikes, this is my 3rd year in school. I have no work experience beyond my volunteer experience with the Nigerian Red Cross. I have no car documentation or landed properties.

I have admission in Canadian University as a transfer student. I don't know what else to include in my SOP as "home ties" apart from my family and friends here.
Please help me 🥺🙏

@bobomaigida
@femmybet
@bullstriker

Family ties are what you can use as home ties since you are an undergraduate student.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Just go ahead and send it using webform. And if there's any document you find missing, you can later upload it using webform.
Republic001:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
They updated a section of your application. It does not always reflect in the portal.
Zeed13:
Any idea what happened?
@bullstriker or anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olivia269: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Family ties are what you can use as home ties since you are an undergraduate student.

Thank you so much🙏. I want to ask, "What if I want to include my common-law partner with my application (SOWP)?" He has enough evidence to prove that he is coming back home. Do I need additional documents for my home ties to strengthen my application?

@bullstriker
@bobomaigida
@bamz555
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
olivia269:

Thank you so much🙏. I want to ask, "What if I want to include my common-law partner with my application (SOWP)?" He has enough evidence to prove that he is coming back home. Do I need additional documents for my home ties to strengthen my application?

@bullstriker
@bobomaigida
@bamz555

It will be better you go first and thereafter apply for him to join you; however, you can still apply with him but you have to show adequate POF to cover for both of you. if he is going with you, you can use your parents and future job prospects as family ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
Focus on your future career, parents, siblings and membership in clubs or organizations. For instance, you can stress your role in them and how they act as your support network. Also, discuss your study plans and their relevance to your ambition in Nigeria. If the program's purpose is well articulated in your Sop, you should be fine since you are a young student.

olivia269:

Please help me 🥺🙏

@bobomaigida
@femmybet
@bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
toluene23:
Good Afternoon here

Been worried on how to go about this.
I want to apply for a vocational Course to Canada with my O’level.

I’ve fine tuned my CV to the level of this vocation course so as to apply and be granted admission.
And I hope it won’t affect as I’m in my mid 30s.

Frankly I am a Masters degree holder but I have financial issue and no job too as well.
So I want to apply via vocational route as I’ve read it’s more easy and some agreed on tuition payment on al.

My question now is will it be easy to later tender my BSc. And MSc paradventure I sail thru the whole process and granted visa.

And maybe later I want to switch with my cert in order to secure better job later
check your mailbox
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
Thanks bro
Slimboss042:
Just go ahead and send it using webform. And if there's any document you find missing, you can later upload it using webform.

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.