Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Closed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (1538 Views)

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / A Look At The New 2020 Range Rover Evoque - Photos / Watch The 2018 Range Rover Evoque Drive Over The World's Largest Speed Bump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed by joungblood(m): 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
Closed
Re: Closed by shortgun(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Experience is the best teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Closed by skywalker240(m): 12:58am On Jul 31, 2022
I'll rather continue with my Lexus RX, call me whatever you want

3 Likes

Re: Closed by joungblood(m): 1:48am On Jul 31, 2022
shortgun:
Experience is the best teacher.
This post is so that everyone can share advice or experience? What help is this your comment?
Re: Closed by joungblood(m): 1:48am On Jul 31, 2022
skywalker240:
I'll rather continue with my Lexus RX, call me whatever you want
OK, but have you tried the range?
Re: Closed by Bizzyliss(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2022
I heard this range engine is problematic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by 9icetoo(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
joungblood:
Lexus RX350 2010 vs range rover evoque 2013 which is best?
Please i need everyone's opinion, those who have used range rover evoque 2013.
I'm currently using lexus RX350 2010 and I love this ride, but recently I have my eyes on range rover evoque 2012_2014, I love that car, because it's super classy, interior beats my lexus. But I want to know if it performs well also, and not just a beautiful nonsense.
How is the off road.
Because I stay at ota, n it's known for bad roads, so how does the range hold up, because I have no complaints with my lexus.
Fuel economy unko?
What about maintenance? Is all this better or close to my rx350 2010

The truth is that I'm considering of selling my lexus to get the range rover,
So expects please tell me is its something I shouldn't do or just give your input and advice.

My lexus is great and I have no complaints I'm just a curious person who wants to test out this range rover evoque.

What do you think guys

Na here you go come ask us price of engine.

We dey wait.

Go to sooperrescue thread and see the tales of woe there.

That range has one of the most unreliable engine ever made by man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed by RuneKingThor: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
9icetoo:

We dey wait.

Make he get new customer na grin grin
Re: Closed by joungblood(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
9icetoo:

We dey wait.

Hahaha. Lol, no be lie jor, I don see am, I know say lexus RX350 is better, but I just needed others opinion so my dear friend can see it... The range is problematic
Re: Closed by joungblood(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
9icetoo:

We dey wait.

Hahaha. Lol, no be lie jor, I don see am, I know say lexus RX350 is better, but I just needed others opinion so my dear friend can see it... The range is problematic, lexus rx350 for the win, any day any time
Re: Closed by samsard(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2022
joungblood:

Hahaha. Lol, no be lie jor, I don see am, I know say lexus RX350 is better, but I just needed others opinion so my dear friend can see it... The range is problematic, lexus rx350 for the win, any day any time
RX350 is reputed for reliability, RR is the direct opposite.

1 Like

Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 7:43am On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

We dey wait.

Hmmm. Which car is not problematic in Nigeria? Name 1? Range Rover is the best brand in the world. It's better than the Rolls Royce because they share almost the same options but Rolls Royce can not go anywhere unlike the Range Rover. That said, OP, Lexus RX 350 is a sweet powerful car. I once fixed one for over 1.5m. I was shocked. The door chrome, the headlights, the front grill, the AC sensor, the transmission fluid and oil change and a little bit of here and there. So I ran away from the car. I can not defend spending such amount for an upgraded highlander. As for the Evoque, a powerful car with a 4 plugs. All you are aware, the Lexus and the Evoque share the same fuel requirements even though the Evoque is equipped with a turbo, an electric power steering, the Lexus can't survive for long with our fuel. The Evoque does not have air suspension so it can overcome potholes. The shocks, brand new is 50k and the only thing it requires from you is to use the right oil. A lot of people mistake the 5w30 as any oil will do but will be shocked when the engine becomes unruly. From 2012 till 2019 , Evoque still require 5w30 engine oil. Lexus at 2010 recommended 0w20. Are you using the oil? If not, stay with the Lexus.

3 Likes

Re: Closed by skywalker240(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2022
joungblood:
OK, but have you tried the range?
no, ive drove the lexus alot of times, pretty decent ride.

1 Like

Re: Closed by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:25am On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:

Hmmm. Which car is not problematic in Nigeria? Name 1? Range Rover is the best brand in the world. It's better than the Rolls Royce because they share almost the same options but Rolls Royce can not go anywhere unlike the Range Rover. That said, OP, Lexus RX 350 is a sweet powerful car. I once fixed one for over 1.5m. I was shocked. The door chrome, the headlights, the front grill, the AC sensor, the transmission fluid and oil change and a little bit of here and there. So I ran away from the car. I can not defend spending such amount for an upgraded highlander. As for the Evoque, a powerful car with a 4 plugs. All you are aware, the Lexus and the Evoque share the same fuel requirements even though the Evoque is equipped with a turbo, an electric power steering, the Lexus can't survive for long with our fuel. The Evoque does not have air suspension so it can overcome potholes. The shocks, brand new is 50k and the only thing it requires from you is to use the right oil. A lot of people mistake the 5w30 as any oil will do but will be shocked when the engine becomes unruly. From 2012 till 2019 , Evoque still require 5w30 engine oil. Lexus at 2010 recommended 0w20. Are you using the oil? If not, stay with the Lexus.

I wish there was a way to dislike comments.

4 Likes

Re: Closed by 9icetoo(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:

Chai. grin
wink

2 Likes

Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

I wixsh there was a way to dislike comments.

I will show you when I see you
Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

Chai. grin
wink
Abi
Re: Closed by 9icetoo(m): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
See as e dey smoke shisha. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Closed by joungblood(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2022
samsard:
RX350 is reputed for reliability, RR is the direct opposite.

I agree
Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:
See as e dey smoke shisha. cheesy
I beg which car is that? I have advised the OP to stick to the Lexus because he has not confirmed it he uses 0w20 on his Lexus. If he is using low quality oil on the Lexus, he can't afford a Range Rover

1 Like

Re: Closed by 9icetoo(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:

I beg which car is that? I have advised the OP to stick to the Lexus because he has not confirmed it he uses 0w20 on his Lexus. If he is using low quality oil on the Lexus, he can't afford a Range Rover
Na evoque be that oga. Can't post the video cos of size restriction on Nairaland.

I no get power to upload am for YouTube come post link.

Na useless car, it's not worth being on YouTube even for the wrong reasons.

tongue

1 Like

Re: Closed by Ogbodavies(m): 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=9icetoo post=115282409]
Na evoque be that oga. Can't post the video cos of size restriction on Nairaland.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

tongue

The owner is those any oil is ok crew. He might be using Seahorse or XHP. That was why I advised the OP that if he is not using correct 0w20 for his Lexus, he should not bother with a Range Rover. A lot of people are using G life and those Asian oils that is meant for Mahindra on their Lexus

1 Like

Re: Closed by kingreign(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2022
sooperrescue:

Hmmm. Which car is not problematic in Nigeria? Name 1? [s]Range Rover is the best brand in the world. It's better than the Rolls Royce because they share almost the same options but Rolls Royce can not go anywhere unlike the Range Rover[/s]. That said, OP, Lexus RX 350 is a sweet powerful car. [s]I once fixed one for over 1.5m. I was shocked. The door chrome, the headlights, the front grill, the AC sensor, the transmission fluid and oil change and a little bit of here and there.[/s] So I ran away from the car. I can not defend spending such amount for an upgraded highlander. As for the Evoque, a powerful car with a 4 plugs. All you are aware, the Lexus and the Evoque share the same fuel requirements even though the Evoque is equipped with a turbo, an electric power steering, [s]the Lexus can't survive for long with our fuel[/s]. The Evoque does not have air suspension so it can overcome potholes. The shocks, brand new is 50k and the only thing it requires from you is to use the right oil. A lot of people mistake the 5w30 as any oil will do but will be shocked when the engine becomes unruly. From 2012 till 2019 , Evoque still require 5w30 engine oil. Lexus at 2010 recommended 0w20. Are you using the oil? If not, stay with the Lexus.

Don’t you think you’re too old for these needless lies and exaggerated speeches?
I’m sure you’re in your late 50s to early 60s and that means you’re old enough to be a parent or uncle to some of us.
I hope you didn’t take Russian Gbanna or Canadian Loud this morning shaaa.
I come in peace
Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2022
kingreign:

Don’t you think you’re too old for these needless lies and exaggerated speeches?
I’m sure you’re in your late 50s to early 60s and that means you’re old enough to be a parent or uncle to some of us.
I hope you didn’t take Russian Gbanna or Canadian Loud this morning shaaa.
I come in peace
I am still very young and I am not in the age category you are ascribing me to be. I have given my opinion about the difference between the two cars and I don’t know why you are pained. I recall the first time you succeeded in fixing a Rangerover, you were like someone with jamb low scores yet to enter the university but was awarded first class in mechanical engineering. You were very happy and so I am always shocked when you talk evil about the brand and anyone that support the brand. I have told the Op what to do and I recall that I once told you to go to Gazzuzz for oil training so that you don’t destroy people’ vehicles ignorantly. Bring the gbana if you can and I still have some rizla. But I will prefer Ethiopian Chat. It is more relaxing

3 Likes

Re: Closed by kingreign(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
sooperrescue:

I am still very young and I am not in the age category you are ascribing me to be. I have given my opinion about the difference between the two cars and I don’t know why you are pained. I recall the first time you succeeded in fixing a Rangerover, you were like someone with jamb low scores yet to enter the university but was awarded first class in mechanical engineering. You were very happy and so I am always shocked when you talk evil about the brand and anyone that support the brand. I have told the Op what to do and I recall that I once told you to go to Gazzuzz for oil training so that you don’t destroy people’ vehicles ignorantly. Bring the gbana if you can and I still have some rizla. But I will prefer Ethiopian Chat. It is more relaxing

It’s quite shocking that you have all effrontery to lie unashamedly in public forum.

I have kept busting your lies and honestly, I am tired.

3 Likes

Re: Closed by sooperrescue(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
kingreign:

It’s quite shocking that you have all effrontery to lie unashamedly in public forum.

I have kept busting your lies and honestly, I am tired.
Better take the Russian gbana, it will make you think that you are flying with my Benin broom, but avoid power lines.

2 Likes

Re: Closed by kingreign(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
sooperrescue:

Better take the Russian gbana, it will make you think that you are flying with my Benin broom, but avoid power lines.
K

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

21 Interesting Features That Make Teslas Unlike Any Other Car / Change Of Ownership: / Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.