Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ (1118 Views)

Help,3.5months Pregnant And Need An Abortion!!! / My Husband And I Have Been Trying To Get Pregnant And Just Can't - Please Help. / I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by vben: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2011
She was feeling un-easy, a couple of days after I told her to go for medical check-up, to my greatest surprised she came back with a test result that she is two months pregnant, she was then advised to run an HIV test which came out positive, out of fear I rushed to run my own test, fortunately my result is negative. precisely am in-between a cross road , DO I GO AHEAD AND MARRY THIS GIRL OR SHOULD I TERMINATE THE PREGNANCY: what are the implications of marrying and HIV infected person? pls somebody should help .
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by yomijnr(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2011
Well, you both need to get tested again to confirm your results. Her result could have been a false positive or yours could have been a false negative. Either way you need to make sure. Also, being HIV positive is not the end of the world. For starters there's no need to terminate the pregnancy because of the mother's HIV status alone. There are drugs which can be taken to prevent transmission of the disease from mother to child. If turns out, she's truly HIV positive, then she will need to start taking the drugs immediately.

Whether or not you choose to go ahead and marry her is entirely up to you. It's possible for you 2 to be married and have a normal sex life as long as you practice safe sex and take the necessary precautions.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck!
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2011
@poster
marry the girl OR terminate the pregnancy?! may i ask what has one got to do with the other?!

couldnt you marry her AND terminate the pregnancy?! or not marrying her and keeping the baby for that matter.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2011
Hiv test could be screening or confirmatory.ELISA is a screening test and commonly done in most centres.pregnancy,tuberculosis,malaria etc could be false positives to elisa hiv test.to be sure,go for western blot and PCR,both are confirmatory.u may still marry her,u need to have sex with hiv positive for 1000 times b4 u can get infected.though there is no absolute law in medicine.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by yomijnr(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
Laalamed:

Hiv test could be screening or confirmatory.ELISA is a screening test and commonly done in most centres.pregnancy,tuberculosis,malaria etc could be false positives to elisa hiv test.to be sure,go for western blot and PCR,both are confirmatory.u may still marry her,u need to Be Intimate with hiv positive for 1000 times b4 u can get infected.though there is no absolute law in medicine.

Intimate 1000 times? what are you going on about. How did you work that out? Better stop misleading people. Why don't you look for someone who's HIV positive and have sex with them and stop after the 999th time.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
Guy,read this link and reply.aras.ab.ca/articles/popular/200708-InventingReview.html

Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by PA1982(f): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2011
yomijnr, this is good advice!

Well, you both need to get tested again to confirm your results. Her result could have been a false positive or yours could have been a false negative. Either way you need to make sure. Also, being HIV positive is not the end of the world. For starters there's no need to terminate the pregnancy because of the mother's HIV status alone. There are drugs which can be taken to prevent transmission of the disease from mother to child. If turns out, she's truly HIV positive, then she will need to start taking the drugs immediately.

Whether or not you choose to go ahead and marry her is entirely up to you. It's possible for you 2 to be married and have a normal sex life as long as you practice safe sex and take the necessary precautions.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck!

May I add my own encouragement to have safe sex?
And all my best wishes.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by vben: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Thank you guys, i really appreciate all your contributions.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by tishat(f): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hello I will advise you to get a professional counseling fast since your girls pregnancy is still young so they can place her on drugs immediately if need be but I will tell you that there has been tremendous improvement on HIV/AIDS treatment,
I can tell you that a HIV+ woman can have a child through the natural way and breast feed with the right treatment.

You can call off the relationship for so many other reasons but not for one been +,get some counsel and u ll see am right besides she REALLY do need you now.PLS DNT LET HER DOWN.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by mirob(f): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
@tishat,are U sure abt wat U said on giving birth the natural way and bossom feeding, if yes that means they are really trying on this Hiv thing.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by tishat(f): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2011
Yeah am very sure abt giving birth d natural way nd breast feeding like i earlier said they ve really improved on †ђξ treatment nd still improving.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Also Hiv+ by eghost247(m): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2011
stand by her if u love her

(1) (Reply)

D Usage Of Postinor. / Oil Pulling Miracle For Everyone; Also Very Cheaply Works Wonders For Teeth / Which Pharmacy Can I Get Most Of The Foreign Rare Drugs In Lagos Mainland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.