Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings (2199 Views)

How To Increase MTN Internet Speed Via APN For Fast And Smooth Browsing / How To Setup Your Glo APN Settings For Fast Browsing 2019 / Glo Apn Settings For Fast And Stable Internet Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by Memepics: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hello, please hear this. I got an airtel mifi, it comes with a default APN of "cmnet"... In the airtel office i was told not to tamper with the default apn as i may have browsing issues.

Now, I got a universal Mifi, and it comes with that same apn. Keep in mind that any sim actually does browse, im not having connectivity issues.

My question is, should i configure the mifi to the particular network apn i am using? Asin, if i put a glo sim, should i still leave that default mifi apn or configure it to gloflat (glo official apn) ? Probably to get a more stabler and faster network? Or its all the same thing?
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by Tecnophone: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
any sim put, the apn will be set automatically
Memepics:
Hello, please hear this. I got an airtel mifi, it comes with a default APN of "cmnet"... In the airtel office i was told not to tamper with the default apn as i may have browsing issues.

Now, I got a universal Mifi, and it comes with that same apn. Keep in mind that any sim actually does browse, im not having connectivity issues.

My question is, should i configure the mifi to the particular network apn i am using? Asin, if i put a glo sim, should i still leave that default mifi apn or configure it to gloflat (glo official apn) ? Probably to get a more stabler and faster network? Or its all the same thing?
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by iykomo0(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
Account Name: Airtel GRPS (can be
anything)
Port:
Username: Please leave blank.
Password: Please leave blank.
Access point name (APN):
internet.ng.airtel.com.

the above setting is assuming you are using airtel

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by Memepics: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
Tecnophone:
any sim put, the apn will be set automatically

It still reads "cmnet" in the apn.

Tho 'auto apn' is enabled...
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by Tecnophone: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
which network
Memepics:

It still reads "cmnet" in the apn.

Tho 'auto apn' is enabled...
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by odysey: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
Memepics:

what's the model?
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by dochenaj: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
While most networks will work with any APN or even gibberish as APN. The APN you chose determines the path your internet will take and how stable and fast the connection will be. And from experience "cmnet" is the most stable Airtel APN in Lagos, I did the testing in Lagos so I cannot say for other locations.

So if you are browsing with an Airtel SIM ensure you set the APN to "cmnet" in case you changed it previously. But with respect to other networks you can leave it at "cmnet" and test the stability of the network as against that network's default APN.
Re: Just Bought A New Mifi, Help With APN Settings by Memepics: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2022
dochenaj:
While most networks will work with any APN or even gibberish as APN. The APN you chose determines the path your internet will take and how stable and fast the connection will be. And from experience "cmnet" is the most stable Airtel APN in Lagos, I did the testing in Lagos so I cannot say for other locations.

So if you are browsing with an Airtel SIM ensure you set the APN to "cmnet" in case you changed it previously. But with respect to other networks you can leave it at "cmnet" and test the stability of the network as against that network's default APN.

I actually did notice that the cmnet tends to be more stable on airtel like you mentioned (my location is Jos btw)
But on Glo, using the main glo APN seems to yield better results, especially in 'ping' and 'latency' for online gaming. Same with MTN, tho even with the cmnet on mtn there isnt much of a difference.

(1) (Reply)

What I Think About Fast Charging / Iphone Icloud / ########## FOR SALE ..NOKIA 5810 Xpressmusic......price 8,500 naira only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.