Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady (23891 Views)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari / Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:49am On Aug 01, 2022
Award-winning novelist, Chimamanda Adichie, has faulted claims that she was related a 40-year-old lady, Nkiru Okoye, murdered in Ogbunike, Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the deceased, a wife of a mechanical engineer, Emenike Okoye, was beaten to death by her brother-in-law, George Okoye, over the ownership of some disputed landed property.

George Okoye is the elder brother of Emenike Okoye.

The suspect, who is currently in police custody, was said to have invaded the home of the victim, alongside some of his immediate family members, and attacked Emenike and his wife.

Meanwhile, it was reported (not The PUNCH) that the deceased was related to the renowned novelist.

In a statement made available to The PUNCH on Sunday evening, Chimamanda’s team said the “lady in the story is neither Chimamanda’s sister nor a relative”.

“Chimamanda is very shaken by this incorrect news and is disappointed at the unprofessionalism displayed by The Frontier, both with the first false post and the inaccurate rejoinder,” said Omawumi Ogbe, a member of Chimamanda’s communications team.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/im-not-related-to-murdered-anambra-lady-chimamanda/%3famp

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Lonelyhrt1(m): 5:50am On Aug 01, 2022
cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by fvck(m): 5:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Good
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Toneypen247(m): 5:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by saintjimos(m): 6:03am On Aug 01, 2022
You will relate oooo �

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by OVB123: 6:04am On Aug 01, 2022
Nigeria media and her half bake journalist. Look the way they just link up her (chi) to the victim. Mtcheeew!

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Karlovich: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2022
embarassed Agbado Media Agency and their quest to tarnish Igboland and the rest of the south to promote falsehood will not work.

They should continue their Oluwole journalism with regards to Druggie's certificate and his Bishops and leave the rest of the south out of their fake rhetoric, spits.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Akurakambe(m): 6:08am On Aug 01, 2022
Tinubu NationNewspapers should be sued for lieing against Ms Adichie.
Shame on Tinubu and his online urchins.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Betanaija42moro: 6:18am On Aug 01, 2022
The kind of unprofessionalism in Nigeria Media industry is becoming worrisome.

How can a Media outfit as big as Punch be reporting a news without any verification. You just tag someone chimamanda's sister becos she is from the same town.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by bewla(m): 6:19am On Aug 01, 2022
God I thank you

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:21am On Aug 01, 2022
OVB123:
Nigeria media and her half bake journalist. Look the way they just link up her (chi) to the victim. Mtcheeew!
Tinubu urchins trashy papers called The nation.
just because Chimamanda endorsed Obi.

It's time Seun stop pushing that trash news papers on homepage.

13 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by NwaMamaIwota(f): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2022
the kind of politics Tinubu urchins dey play.

When you respond now they'll start screaming "toxic"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by GoooodHardDick: 6:49am On Aug 01, 2022
But Tinubu urchins were already jubilating like they won a trophy.

Tinubu urchins know that Obi is your next president.

You can relocate to Iran after the election

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Dagah2: 6:49am On Aug 01, 2022
The other Nairaland resident zom.bie Biodun556 even changed the headline to the deceased being killed by UGM so as to spite Adichie for supporting PO

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Khaleesi4lyf(f): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2022
sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by hisgrace090: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2022
You are not related but mischief makers say she is your sister.

Non of you can quench Peter obi aspiration.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Wisetrue99: 7:20am On Aug 01, 2022
Betanaija42moro:

How can a Media outfit as big as Punch be reporting a news without any verification. You just tag someone chimamanda's sister becos she is from the same town.
Talk true, you no read the post at all! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by rusher14: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
Tinubu urchins trashy papers called The nation.
just because Chimamanda endorsed Obi.

It's time Seun stop pushing that trash news papers on homepage.

It was The Frontier that first published it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Cuppycat: 8:40am On Aug 01, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by majamajic(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2022
On the earlier thread , some have started calling Ipob and Peter Obi over a family domestic violence

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by OnyeObodo: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2022
Most Tinubu bandits are very wicked. It was first reported by Punch. Tinubus newspaper. They are the ones who blew the fake news on social media.

God of Peter Obi has won again!

I am fully obedient.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Telekinetic: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2022
post=115266901:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/im-not-related-to-murdered-anambra-lady-chimamanda/%3famp

Lol… And The Nations don already post trash inside 2 seconds. Everything about that dingBAT druglord and his cronies are just lies and deceit!

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by ZACHIE: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Why not keep your mouth shut and say nothing of it if you are not filially related?
Is her death a shameful thing to be associated with or is it a graceful thing to you?
Humanity above pettiness jor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by asahnwaKC: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2022
So that the news will have weight... yeye...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Zico5(m): 8:44am On Aug 01, 2022
Killing Ur fellow human being because of earthly property that will wane soon. The heart of man is truly evil.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by Realtalk20: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2022
Tinubu supporters and fake news . They had already started politicizijg this .

All because we Christians refused to deny Christ and support a Muslim Muslim ticket .

How can we sons and daughters of Christ deny our saviour ?

How can any Christian support a Muslim Muslim ticket twhent he agenda is clearly to wipe Christianity out of Nigeria .

No I shall not deny Christ as Peter did. I stand on my Jehovah, my saviour, my lamb of Judah, my perfect daddy and say no to islamizatiiion.

Everyday they kill Christians in the north and cover it up .. the other day Deborah was burnt alive in Sokoto for saying holy spirit in a WhatsApp group.

Till today Jo one has been caught and they tell you that we Christians are equal with them. They have enforced wearing of human in Lagos state and ondo state .. imagine what will happen when Tinubu and his Muslim brotherhood enter Aso rock ...

They will force all schools in Nigeria to wear hijab and recite Koran ..

Tell me one time Tinubu has condemned Muslims excesses !! From forcing hijab to Deborah murder.

No way!! Christ is king and Christianity will never be silenced in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I’m Not Related To Murdered Anambra Lady by wittywriter: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2022
We are all related as Africans...

© Wittyness

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. / NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week / APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.