Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football (3302 Views)

Yorubas Dominate in Sport,entertainment,education,etc-sikiru Hakeem / Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / Buhari’s Ability To Speak English Dominate Tribunal’s Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Christistruth00: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

Anthony Joshua is a British citizen.. he's English

Israel Adesanya is from New Zealand..

stop claiming people who aren't Nigerians to start with..

Do they look like skull miners to you

Nnamdi Kanu is a British Citizen and yet many of your People keep Claiming night and day that he is your National Leader

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
GoodLife4live:
Abia doctor's dey on strike for more than a year now .. una no find means to protest or pursuit the governor ...naa tinubu wey una dungeon too poor for him to go ...una dey shout Jim name up and down..

They are a horrid joke even though they don't have the humility to see it.

Their overweening pride, based on nothing at all, totally destroys the ability to introspect sincerely that others are born with.

Yet they hypocritically go around ranting about the speck in the eyes of others while missing the Boulder in their own eyes.

Other than provide Igbos with their biggest and most succesful home in the world outside the SE, what has Tinubu done to deserve their incessant vitriol and demeaning insults ?

They simply hate the man because he is an exemplarily successful and influential Yoruba who won't let them have Lagos they covet more than anything else in the universe. Clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

Nnamdi Kanu is a British Citizen and yet many of your People keep Claiming night and day that he is your National Leader

You're minding that unintelligent joker? Simon Ekpa they are queuing behind today is Finnish.

He remote controls them from Finland to remain in their house while he struts around Europe without hindrance.

Their N1tw1t reasoning tells you a lot about the inconsistent, hateful and upside down logic most of them are born with.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. You are just clutching at straws. What can equal Asisat Oshoala winning African footballer of the year for like five times in a row with no competition from inside Nigeria or Africa?

Safe to say she is the greatest African female footballer of all times. GOAT of African football.

Go and preach about "distasteful thread" to IPOBians who always get the backs of all Nigerians up with their supremacist rants.

When Nigerians did well initially in the first round of AFCON, before we got knocked out, who were bragging openly on Nairaland here that it was Biafra 'propping' up Nigeria if not IPOBians ?

When 'Biafra' keeper, Maduka Okoye, let in a soft goal that eliminated us from the competition did they similarly accept that Biafra let Nigeria down? No they did not. Claim the glory but deny the failure is the way of Igbos.

Other Nigerians are not like that. It is Igbos always looking to claim ethnic glory from what should be team and national sport

It is Igbos that prime the ethnic chauvinism in all others. Especially the Yorubas who are accommodating, inclusive and exemplarily tolerant.

Don't preach unity unless your ready to tackle those who insist on dividing us always along ethnic lines. They are the ones making all of us embrace our regional enclave and affiliation as OP is doing.

5 times in a row my foot, you are a fool for saying this without proper verification. Only a bigot like you would be masturbating over another person's success. Wetin your papa or family win for yoruba nation or Nigeria in general.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. You are just clutching at straws. What can equal Asisat Oshoala winning African footballer of the year for like five times in a row with no competition from inside Nigeria or Africa?

Safe to say she is the greatest African female footballer of all times. GOAT of African football.

Go and preach about "distasteful thread" to IPOBians who always get the backs of all Nigerians up with their supremacist rants.

When Nigerians did well initially in the first round of AFCON, before we got knocked out, who were bragging openly on Nairaland here that it was Biafra 'propping' up Nigeria if not IPOBians ?

When 'Biafra' keeper, Maduka Okoye, let in a soft goal that eliminated us from the competition did they similarly accept that Biafra let Nigeria down? No they did not. Claim the glory but deny the failure is the way of Igbos.

Other Nigerians are not like that. It is Igbos always looking to claim ethnic glory from what should be team and national sport

It is Igbos that prime the ethnic chauvinism in all others. Especially the Yorubas who are accommodating, inclusive and exemplarily tolerant.

Don't preach unity unless your ready to tackle those who insist on dividing us always along ethnic lines. They are the ones making all of us embrace our regional enclave and affiliation as OP is doing.

Mention one Yoruba that have won Olympic gold medal as an individual.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
paramakina202:

Yoruba dominates other sports apart from football I agree.
Yoruba does not dominate women football or any football at all.

how many Yorubas are playing football or even participate in athletics...and yet Yoruba states come behind my state Delta in national sports festival....Amusan won Gold and Ese brume won silver...what's the braggado in all this.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
vhykeeytor:

5 times in a row my foot, you are a fool for saying this without proper verification. Only a bigot like you would be masturbating over another person's success. Wetin your papa or family win for yoruba nation or Nigeria in general.

Shut up abeg. Is is not you IPOBians teaching all other Nigerians about bigotry.

He'll, you people wrote the damn book on tribalism a d offensive ethnic jingosim so go and sit down somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Shut up abeg. Is is not you IPOBians teaching all other Nigerians about bigotry.

He'll, you people wrote the damn book on tribalism a d offensive ethnic jingosim so go and sit down somewhere.

So when IPOBIANS do wrong, must you tow the same line? this is why I kinda dislike Yorubas lately. Because the new breeds of people from that region are becoming like cursed people. they reason with their anus.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by paramakina202: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
vhykeeytor:

how many Yorubas are playing football or even participate in athletics...and yet Yoruba states come behind my state Delta in national sports festival....Amusan won Gold and Ese brume won silver...what's the braggado in all this.

I think recently some Yoruba athletes have been on the news internationally.In boxing,Kick boxing etc...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
paramakina202:

I think recently some Yoruba athletes have been on the news internationally.In boxing,Kick boxing etc...

yes you are right...but there are other sports like basketball where Yorubas have little presence. Kudos to them. Americans would win Gold, and you won't hear, this athlete is from New York or Washington DC. If the ibos are doing it, which is wrong, why must Yorubas tow the same line. When it comes to Sports in Nigeria generally, gives it to deltans, but they barely brag about it. If Nigeria must move forward, this should stop. Just like APC says PDP failed, but they are still using the same failed party as a yardstick to measure their performance in office.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
vhykeeytor:

So when IPOBIANS do wrong, must you tow the same line? this is why I kinda dislike Yorubas lately. Because the new breeds of people from that region are becoming like cursed people. they reason with their anus.

You're a fool who clearly loves IPOBians and has a bias against Yorubas from the bolded above.

If impartial you'll accept Yorubas have no business indulging people who are only encouraged to be more offensive the more you attempt being gracious towards them.

These are a people who take Yorubas kindness for weakness and engage in insulting Yorubas and their leaders non-stop.

Yorubas have tried to rise above their crap for decades and it only encourages them to be more vile.

Better for younger generations of Yorubas to stop towing the path of our fathers to start putting those offensive trolls in their place.

Check my posts to see I am never offensive to any Nigerian but IPOBians so If you're not IPOBian then butt out and mind your own business.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're a fool who clearly loves IPOBians and has a bias against Yorubas from the bolded above.

If impartial you'll accept Yorubas have no business indulging people who are only encouraged to be more offensive the more you attempt being gracious towards them.

These are a people who take Yorubas kindness for weakness and engage in insulting Yorubas and their leaders non-stop.

Yorubas have tried to rise above their crap for decades and it only encourages them to be more vile.

Better for younger generations of Yorubas to stop towing the path of our fathers to start putting those offensive trolls in their place.

Check my posts to see I am never offensive to any Nigerian but IPOBians so If you're not IPOBian then butt out and mind your own business.

this is the most foolish reply I have received in a long while. Truly you are senseless...If you continue to talk like this. So you people will say Ibos are burning bridges, are the Yorubas also about to start burning bridges? Sometimes you have to think before you comment on forum like this. Your saving grace is that this platform is a faceless forum. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

The bolded is based on the fact that I was buttered in Lagos and growing up as someone from south-southp, if my mother would leave key to my house with any neighbours, it would be a yoruba one instead of an ibo neighbour. Because Yorubas of old were more libral and not bigots like you Dasalvo. But I can't say that if that can be possible now with hatered in the heart of an average yoruba man. But I want to believe this kinda hatered is only here on nairaland and not outside.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
vhykeeytor:

this is the most foolish reply I have received in a long while. Truly you are senseless...If you continue to talk like this. So you people will say Ibos are burning bridges, are the Yorubas also about to start burning bridges? Sometimes you have to think before you comment on forum like this. Your saving grace is that this platform is a faceless forum. I rest my case.

Is something wrong with you? You clearly have an issue with Yorubas because I am sure non of your past posts will show you telling off the very offensive Igbos. You probably joined them too in their offensive antics.

If you know what is good for you then stop quoting me. I know your kind anyway and I don't give a toss what you think of me or Yorubas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by paramakina202: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
vhykeeytor:

yes you are right...but there are other sports like basketball where Yorubas have little presence. Kudos to them. Americans would win Gold, and you won't hear, this athlete is from New York or Washington DC. If the ibos are doing it, which is wrong, why must Yorubas tow the same line. When it comes to Sports in Nigeria generally, gives it to deltans, but they barely brag about it. If Nigeria must move forward, this should stop. Just like APC says PDP failed, but they are still using the same failed party as a yardstick to measure their performance in office.

You are right though,generally every part of southern Nigeria is doing well in sports.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by ZombieTAMER: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

which leader?

kanu is a loud mouthed fool,

Now back to the topic
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by ZombieTAMER: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Look at this clown. Go and tell Joshua and Adesanya they are not Nigerians.

This is why wise Yorubas despise you nauseating and insecure clowns.

You are the clown here..

Simple Google you can't do

ode.. This is why I don't live kids on this forum

i have a lot of Yoruba friends and they're not dumb, they don't have time for a useless thread like this..

go and plan ways of leaving your father's house,
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Christistruth00: 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

which leader?

kanu is a loud mouthed fool,

Now back to the topic

Not according to many of your Youths and Elders they are still calling him their Saviour

you see this Elderly Gentleman blessing Kanu that is Professor Benjamin Nwabueze ,
he was a Professor of Law in the university of Lagos for years ,he was also an adviser of General Ironsi’s and his Military Government and it was he who advised and helped Gen Ironsi to draft the Law that abolished the Regional Governments and their Autonomy In 1966 after Prime Minister Balewa and 2 of 4 Regional Premiers were assassinated leaving only Premier Osadebey Of the Midwest who was from Asaba and Premier Micheal Okpara Of the Eastern Region .

The man is not a novice at all, Prof Benjamin Nwabueze knows what he is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPIjmzZ7Gg&t=15s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Justmesagi: 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
Aderewah:
Even the best Nigerian in a super eagles shirt is Yoruba Rasheed Yekini. And Yoruba women completely dominate women football. Yorubas dominate tennis, track, boxing, judo, chess, and many others. Too talented people.
I don't know when you Yoruba people too adopted this bragging culture.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Justmesagi: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
The only relevant sport is football
I disagree. This your reasoning is why there's low investment into sport leading to underdevelopment, unemployment and poverty especially upon our youths.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Justmesagi: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
PresidObi:
That's good, we love them. They are fellow Nigerians.

We should praise people's achievements not because of where they come from, but because they are Nigerians.

Thank you Anthony Joshua, Israel Adesanya, Tobi and Azeezat. You are very good at what you do.
You are a very sensible person.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Is something wrong with you? You clearly have an issue with Yorubas because I am sure non of your past posts will show you telling off the very offensive Igbos. You probably joined them too in their offensive antics.

If you know what is good for you then stop quoting me. I know your kind anyway and I don't give a toss what you think of me or Yorubas.

yes I have an issue with Yorubas like you on nairaland. who seem to have lost your sense of reasoning. How does an attack on Tinubu become an attack on Yorubas.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
Justmesagi:
I don't know when you Yoruba people too adopted this bragging culture.

Don't mind that son of a werey (Ade-werey). Mad man everywhere on nairaland...people that the traffic in Lagos State have frustrated them.
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Aderewah:

You’re missing a brain

Ki'lo kan e mi ati person wey don mad (Ade-werey) the son of a mad man. You better change your moniker before all your generations become Mad. Werey Jatijati
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

You are the clown here..

Simple Google you can't do

ode.. This is why I don't live kids on this forum

i have a lot of Yoruba friends and they're not dumb, they don't have time for a useless thread like this..

go and plan ways of leaving your father's house,

Lol. Poor fellas. If only they know how hateful and bigoted you really are. I pity them.

Obvious you're using them for 'famzing' because you're living in one of the Yoruba States. Clown.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by ZombieTAMER: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. Poor fellas. If only they know how hateful and bigoted you really are. I pity them.
Obvious you're using them for 'famzing' because you're living in one of the Yoruba States. Clown.

Its only a bigoted soul can open such thread.. Ode.

borrowed data to spew gibberish online,
unemployed fool
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by Billingslord: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2022
vhykeeytor:

Mention one Yoruba that have won Olympic gold medal as an individual.
No Igbo have won Olympic bronze medal talkless of Gold
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by exposition: 10:33am On Aug 02, 2022
GoodLife4live:

Go and sack your failed nyamiri leader

I see why they refer to you as failed and conquered generation!
I bet you don't even have a voters card!
I have personally mobilized at least 50 people in my locality to register for the voters card!
You are here showing me you are one of those graduates where no defend project!
Re: Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football by vhykeeytor(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2022
Billingslord:

No Igbo have won Olympic bronze medal talkless of Gold

Chioma Ajunwan is from your mother pussy abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To Commission First 10lanes In Niger Delta Tomorrow…photos / Literacy Rate By Ethnicity In Nigeria, 2021 / Enugu: Igbo-Eze North Pledges To Vote For Ugwuanyi And Other PDP Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.