Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

FACT CHECK Or Propaganda? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT CHECK Or Propaganda? (1047 Views)

Presidential Poll: I’m Not Afraid Of Lies Or Propaganda. — Peter Obi / Is APC Truly An Islamic Party Or Propaganda Or This Is Just A Political Coincide / Does Atiku Really Own Mikano Or Propaganda? See Answer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: FACT CHECK Or Propaganda? by socialmediaman: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
ribbit:
provide an example?

if i tell you that i built a castle in the air and a fact checker checked the air and couldn't find any castle and concluded there is no castle in the air.
is it the job of the fact checker to keep searching for castle that doesn't exist in the air or my job to provide the proof and location of where i built my castle in the air?

for example, someone went live on national TV that he built hospitals, providing the locations of the so called hospitals for multiple verification and picture evidence would have been great. but you expect fact checkers to turn magicians and provide locations of hospitals someone made up in his head.

Your example is illogical and irrelevant to this very specific situation. Nigeria is a small country in terms of size, and Anambra is a fixed location within Nigeria defined by square kilometers of geographical space. If Peter claims that he built infrastructure or facilities and you don't think it's true, you bring some evidence to disprove him.

The job of a media organization is to put booths on ground and get information. I can go to Anambra and verify these things myself by asking the locals and members of the public with privileged information, so for a media organization, I expect at least that bare minimum. This media organization did not show any evidence of any prominent person from Anambra who was interviewed, they made no mention calls and emails to the relevant ministries in Anambra seeking information about the said projects, no mention of visits to the said locations, come on.

Even in a law court, when you say someone is lying, the onus is on you to provide evidence to prove it, not on them. The onus is not on Peter Obi to provide evidence of everything he says, the onus is on the fact checkers to verify that the claims are true or false, not to sit on a computer and type rubbish.
Re: FACT CHECK Or Propaganda? by ribbit: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
socialmediaman:

Your example is illogical and irrelevant to this very specific situation. Nigeria is a small country in terms of size, and Anambra is a fixed location within Nigeria defined by square kilometers of geographical space. If Peter claims that he built infrastructure or facilities and you don't think it's true, you bring some evidence to disprove him.

The job of a media organization is to put booths on ground and get information. I can go to Anambra and verify these things myself by asking the locals and members of the public with privileged information, so for a media organization, I expect at least that bare minimum. This media organization did not show any evidence of any prominent person from Anambra who was interviewed, they made no mention calls and emails to the relevant ministries in Anambra seeking information about the said projects, no mention of visits to the said locations, come on.

Even in a law court, when you say someone is lying, the onus is on you to provide evidence to prove it, not on them. The onus is not on Peter Obi to provide evidence of everything he says, the onus is on the fact checkers to verify that the claims are true or false, not to sit on a computer and type rubbish.
non of the things you say made any sense.. you typed long garbage with zero sense.

Anambra is a small state and journalist checked all the resgistered hospitals and couldn't find the 10 obi built .. hence their response that it couldn't be independently verified. The onus is now on obi and his supporters to show us 10 hospitals he built..

How is it so hard to show hospitals that arguement long this? We are talking about hospitals not needle here.

I have already responded your other epistles in other posts. Go through them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Donates A Building To Peter Obi In Yola (Pictures) / Yoruba Man Asks God To Deny Him Paradise If He Doesn't Vote Peter Obi In 2023 / Aisha Yesufu. Tinubu Is The One Mocking Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.