Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor (34942 Views)

Rufai Oseni Vs Benjamin Hundeyin / Rufai Oseni Apologises For BRT Lane Incident / Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by yorubarere: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRg6b5XVcCI

Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane

A video of Arise TV journalist, Rufai Oseni and the policemen that stopped him on a BRT lane has surfaced. In the video Mr Oseni can be heard calling the policemen "Bleeding bastards" as someone tries to calm him down and take him away from the place. Mr Oseni went back to the policemen and repeatedly threatened that he will call the governor.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1554452982519021570?t=HyGuBwsKWLTSAmVuDCpJFg&s=08

Oseni tells his own side of the story. Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976x2RGGZAc

See previous thread here: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin
Your headline is wrong. Since when did you start working for fake news people?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Cognitivereason: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2022
Yankee101:
If them shoot you for bush throway now nko?

No matter your status, stop blabbing at anyone threatening you with a gun

Especially in a lawless society

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by SIMONEKPA7: 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Didnt you read the part from Oseni's tweet where he said he wanted to pay but they didnt want his money
Is it there he will the pay Money?
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by naptu2: 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2022
yorubarere:

You headline is wrong. Since where did you start working for fake news people?

Read further and you'll see where I wrote that the mod changed the headline and you'll also see the headline that I wrote before the mod changed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by yorubarere: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:
Why did the mod add "Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun." to the title? That's not shown in the video.

This was the title that I wrote when I created the thread: "Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane".
Oh sorry. The mod was the mischievous one. Nairaland is going to the dogs. All for clicks and views. Tueh!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2022
yorubarere:

You headline is wrong. Since where did you start working for fake news people?
The mods are responsible for editing headline of contents that make front page.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Biodun556(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:
Why did the mod add "Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun." to the title? That's not shown in the video.

This was the title that I wrote when I created the thread: "Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane".

That's common with nairaland mod. They sympathise with anything against the government especially ipob
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Fadafada231(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2022
They for burst his brain with that gun, you break a traffic law and you are boasting you will call the governor all because u are journalist. Nonsense
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by kingemaker(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

Overzealous mod. The title isn't representative at all
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by new2012: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2022
emmy9500:

USA police won’t also point gun at you for traffic infraction, let’s have balance view of things

you should asked him if he had a visa. nigga watch movies and simp
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by ENG0701: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
I'm really disappointed in Rufai. The most annoying part, threatening to call the governor. The usual- do you know who i am? And most likely he only has the number of the governors PA.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Kingcalls: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2022
emmy9500:

USA police won’t also point gun at you for traffic infraction, let’s have balance view of things

They will if u show aggression just like he did .... if u get out of the car without their command, they will point a gun at u ...talk less of showing aggression towards them, dem fit even shoot u
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
Rufai Oseni is a law breaker
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by loganx: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2022
By giving the police and lastma the authority to impound vehicles for traffic offences, you have created a huge monster to be exploited by the already corrupt system.

What stops police or lastma from issuing traffic offence tickets to vehicle owners. Give them maximum of 3 months to pay, when it expires the vehicle gets impounded on or before the vehicle is due for vehicle license renewal. At this point, the culprit gets to the pay the fine plus accrued charges.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Beremx(f): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2022
BATified2023:
but did u also believe a man like that can call law enforcement agents bastards?
I support him calling them bastards. They have proven several times to be so. It is only a bastard that points a gun at someone for breaking traffic laws
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Segzy19: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
Driving on BRT lane is not a serious offense that should warrant overzealousness from the police such that they had to point a gun at anyone.

Fine will settle it.

We know Nigerian police for their unreasonable show of force. What if he was shot by accident...

Osenin should pay the stipulated fine while the errant police officers should also be disciplined.

You don't correct a law breaker by also breaking the law...
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by pinkgoodies(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2022
Arelyn:
The facts are obvious and we shouldn't try to appropriate blame unduly because of our knowledge of either "Mr Rufai" being a reputable journalist or members of the Nigerian police force notorious for all manners of uncivilized policing methods...

The facts are...

1. Mr Rufai was caught using a BRT lane which was purposely designated for Buses and being a journalist and not an ambulance driver or military or para-military official on emergency duty, it is illegal for him to drive through the BRT lane

2. He was stopped by men of the Nigerian police force, they notified him of violating the law and an argument ensued

3. The argument led to either one or more officers attempting to draw his/their riffle on him after he probably had resisted arrest or admitted he was wrong and played the popular big man card.."I will call the Governor" or other common lines " Do you know who I am" " I will call your boss" " I will deal with you" etc

This is obviously what is wrong with our society as a nation, our integrity only lasts until we are not being watched. Mr Rufai is a proponent of due process, and corruption-free journalism but here we have him violating one of the basic and simple laws which shows we are all cut from the same fabric of corruption, nepotism, tribalism, religious dogmatism, civil disobedience etc. except for the few that are consciously trying not to be an average NIGERIAN.

The police officer as well failed in his duty of educating a lawbreaker on reasons not to act similarly in the future and then applying the documented sanction be it a fine or arrest

We have a very l.....o....n.....g way to go to make Nigeria close to what is obtainable in those country everyone wants to "Japa" to and I challenge everyone to do at least one thing today that is better than the way they did it yesterday...It can be as little as refusing to drop sachet bags on the road, take it to your house and bin it

I know I might sound like a fool to some hardened Nigeria, but I am in a system where basic civic duties work and there is a punishment for violating basic laws and you will peacefully change if you are in the same system

See. Rufai is wrong, i have had few cases with police on the Road. Whether am wrong or not. Police will not just stop you and point a gun at you. Is either you are resisting arrest or you are trying to pull the do you know who I'm thing. Knowing that is a popular journalist. They won't point a gun at him if wasn't forming i know d governor.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by otomatic(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

Because sensationalism is what sells the news. In this case, sensationalism is what drives traffic.
Do not say I told you o.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Ppp1p: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2022
Really
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by mfm04622: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

Seun and the Mod.

This is for your attention
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Parachoko: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
emmy9500:

They should jail someone for traffic infraction? Try and be calming down

Even LGSG law says fine of 70k
He has broken more than one law, wait till his charges are read out to him.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Parachoko: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2022
loganx:
By giving the police and lastma the authority to impound vehicles for traffic offences, you have created a huge monster to be exploited by the already corrupt system.

What stops police or lastma from issuing traffic offence tickets to vehicle owners. Give them maximum of 3 months to pay, when it expires the vehicle gets impounded on or before the vehicle is due for vehicle license renewal. At this point, the culprit gets to the pay the fine plus accrued charges.
Write to your lawmaker, so this your idea will be table before the house.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by bimbodotun(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
Rufai did not claim he didn't break the law....He said he did not deliberately pass the BRT lane.....cos a law once broken civil(I believe)for that matter should not warrant police harassment. This Video is incomplete...the person that record just gave out the part he wants pple to c...
some events happened without being captured. Ofc their is a penalty for passing BRT Lane and ignorance his not an excuse....what Rufai is asking for is what is the penalty rather than the alleged pointing of gun
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Talawaka: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

The mod did so because Nairaland thrives on sensationalism, false reporting and incendiary commentary ! angry
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by 2special(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2022
FreeBiafra2018:
That idiot is one of the most hypocrite journalist I know recently, this is the same people who will bend their mouth one corner when reporting about the #LekkiMassacre and the killing of Deborah just to remain a good boy to the Governor whom he can threaten a police officer with "I will call the Governor" when obviously breaking the rules.

Another thing to learn from this incident is that most of these presenters both on radio and television are really not as nice in reality as they appear to us on Media, that's hypocrisy.

This one most times does not hide his bias and yobbish tendencies even when before the camera, if you look at the interview of Governor Otom of Benue State on Arise tv where this guy and two other presenters interviewed Otom, you could notice the anger in his face followed by bias and de-marketing questions to Otom anytime Otom hits hard to the Apc and Buhari evil administration.

Finally, all of you deliberately supporting evil because of what you're getting out of it or what you stand to benefit from it, whether on television, radio or on Nairaland, evil will surely visit and probably consume you.
Here on Nairaland, some accused him of been an APC member while some said he's always supporting PDP.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by babyfaceafrica: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2022
emmy9500:

The same USA police that kills an innocent black man.... Yinmu
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Agromuda(m): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2022
Ogbeni, your excuses are lame. Imagine other criminals justifying their actions with the line "I saw other people doing it". Are you new in Lagos not to understand that using the BRT lane is an offence even if Google ask you to do so. #LAWBREAKER claiming SAINT
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Oju4190: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Anyone can enter one way or the wrong route when driving especially in an unfamiliar territory. There are stipulated laws to regulate this.

In advanced Countries if you pass through a bus lane you pay a fine, and you are given the option to contest the fine if you disagree. No one has the right to harrass you or call you a criminal on that account. They should have shown the police action that triggered Rufai's anger.
From the video it was even Rufai that was harassing the police.....Did u hear the part when he said " I will call the Governor,nonsense" the policemen were calm
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by tamdun: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2022
Beremx:
it wasn’t shown in the video doesn’t mean the gun pointing didn’t happen. I believe Rufai Oseni if he said so. No be today Police start to they point gun
So you'll rather believe hearsay than video evidence?
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by FreeBiafra2018(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2022
2special:
Here on Nairaland, some accused him of been an APC member while some said he's always supporting PDP.
And which of the parties do you think he supports by his body language?
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Uteghe(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
Oseni is proud.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) / Policeman Kills Boy Selling Pure Water In Port-Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Ugandan Wife Stabs Her Husband To Death For Refusing To Have Sex With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.