Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor (34969 Views)

Rufai Oseni Vs Benjamin Hundeyin / Rufai Oseni Apologises For BRT Lane Incident / Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by planetx: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
You cannot talk to an American police officer the way you see Nigerians talk to a Nigerian police officer or you will find yourself in handcuffs. Even Fashola arrested a colonel driving on the BRT lane when he was governor and this one is yelling he will call the governor.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by MyAmericandream(f): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
The mod should better edit this title. The Oseni Rufai guy should be dealt with for breaking the law and misleading the public. if you watch him now he is a critics of Buhari but see him not practicing what he preaches. Ediot

Abeg make person hear word , they should have just given him a fine( he said he was gonna pay).

In USA if you violate traffic law you pay for traffic ticket (you’ll receive it in your mailbox after two weeks) in some severe cases they tow your car. Nobody’s is gonna drive your car away or point a gun at you. You are acting like a saint , you have never violated any kinda LAWS in your life!

Rufia too bleeped up by fabricating the whole story and acting like he’s affiliated to the governor.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by OmoNla99: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Anyone can enter one way or the wrong route when driving especially in an unfamiliar territory. There are stipulated laws to regulate this.

In advanced Countries if you pass through a bus lane you pay a fine, and you are given the option to contest the fine if you disagree. No one has the right to harrass you or call you a criminal on that account. They should have shown the police action that triggered Rufai's anger.
Do you think this fine thing is applicable in Naija. Ask yourself where the ticket will be sent. A nation without proper citizens data? The Oseni man was in the wrong and should face the consequences of his actions.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2022
OmoNla99:
Do you think this fine thing is applicable in Naija. Ask yourself where the ticket will be sent. A nation without proper citizens data? The Oseni man was in the wrong and should face the consequences of his actions.

He asked to pay his fine. He did not ask to be let off the hook.
If I take a one way, it is ok to fine me according to the law, but it is not ok to threaten me or bully me, this is what is done in Naija.

I remember a friend who entered a one way in GRA port harcourt, despite no road signs the security operative climb his car, marched it, and still ripped him off his hard earned money. This is clearly not how to treat someone. I have also faced my own fair share to inhuman treatment, so I know what I am saying.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by UNDFTD: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2022
I am sure the anchorman, Mr. Oseni, is a "unity beggar" who wants the failed country, LIEGERIA, to remain as one so that the likes of him would continue to flout the law with impunity and suffer no consequence.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by stanisbaratheon: 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2022
Every APC supporter including Tinubu people hate this Rufai and I wonder why.

Is it because he does his work professionally? I'm sure if it were Babajide that did what he did he won't be facing this level of backlash. If the man is guilty you fine him or sue him, simple.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by ichakaobos(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
I have been in this scenario before on the same ikorodu route. Don't know the bus stops but I know I descended a bridge and wasn't familiar with the area. I didn't want to miss the exit. The moment I noticed I was on BRT lane, I switched back to my lane. But the police and lastma officials were already waiting. They know people make the same mistake around that axis. So why wait at blind spots instead of putting up warning signs for motorists who aren't living in that area? Also why yellow buses
hardly apprehended?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Oju4190: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2022
toujurs:
What is this one saying, Do you know how much those police extort, 70,000.. if you negotiate. It's 50,000. This same brt lane, you will see some cars driving through, you will be shocked how these police men will, enter into your car, and take off. With your car keys,your own car you bought with your money. These police task force behaves like animals
ok maybe he met a different police that refuse to collect the infraction fee .....He said so himself that he is willing to pay but they refusedl.....
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
twentyfivekobo:
He was in the BRT lane

He was in the wrong.

Modifed

Mr Oseni was in the BRT lane, and when challenged, decided to pull the 'Do you know who I am' card.

He should eat humble pie, and apologize.
He even threatened to call the gov. If anybody tries something like this in the USA by now he would be on his way to prison

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:
Why did the mod add "Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni With Gun." to the title? That's not shown in the video.

This was the title that I wrote when I created the thread: "Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane".

Seun Osewa has tried his best but some of his staff are very unprofessional and extremely biased. I have been on nairaland for more than 10 years. What I have gone through is more than what I can explain.

At the heat of serious political discussion, you will be suspended because of your deep insight, exposure and knowledge of issue under discussion and the key players. They ban for days. They suspend for hours. It is as if there is a trigger or alert or they monitor active users on topic. They do so many things.

Coming to the editing of the topic you submitted, it is very unprofessional.

Rufai Oseni is very rude and arrogant for nothing. If he believed the EndSARS propaganda is an achievement he can build upon, he will soon find himself in another world.

Fashola as a governor intercepted an Army Colonel a unit commander on urgent assignment on the BRT lane, the Colonel apologized humbly. That is a trained regimental officer commissioned to serve Nigeria. Rufai Oseni, an untrained egocentric character deficient journalist violating traffic regulations without remorse. Anybody with regimental training knows Police cannot point gun at you on BRT lane if there was no violation of order when asked to stop.

If he continues like this in Lagos, I pity him. They should warn him never to pass the BRT lane again even at 3.00am midnight. That is my candid advice for him.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
He even threatened to call the gov. If anybody tries something like this in the USA by now he would be on his way to prison

It is the EndSARS riot gragra that is still pushing him supported by estimated 13,000 pro EndSARS online warriors. I don't know why Sanwoolu PAs gave their numbers to him.

Note: The estimated 13,000 pro EndSARS online warriors I mentioned above are those that signed Petition Register against Reno Omokri because of Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Wjames440(m): 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2022
Frankly speaking, i dont really blame mr rufai for this. How can you make a brt lane without any signage You guys can go and check all brt intersections along lagos/Abeokuta expressway, there’s no signage to indicate that its a brt lane especially the one at super bus/stop(kataguwa) abule egba. Those thieves will stand at the entrance and they’ll intentionally make you drive in. They’ll charge you 30k (with abeg abeg). I believe there should be a signage at each brt intersection.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Wjames440(m): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
babaolofin:

Seun Osewa has tried his best but some of his staff are very unprofessional and extremely biased. I have been on nairaland for more than 10 years. What I have gone through is more than what I can explain.

At the heat of serious political discussion, you will be suspended because of your deep insight, exposure and knowledge of issue under discussion and the key players. They ban for days. They suspend for hours. It is as if there is a trigger or alert or they monitor active users on topic. They do so many things.

Coming to the editing of the topic you submitted, it is very unprofessional.

Rufai Oseni is very rude and arrogant for nothing. If he believed the EndSARS propaganda is an achievement he can build upon, he will soon find himself in another world.

Fashola as a governor intercepted an Army Colonel a unit commander on urgent assignment on the BRT lane, the Colonel apologized humbly. That is a trained regimental officer commissioned to serve Nigeria. Rufai Oseni, an untrained egocentric character deficient journalist violating traffic regulations without remorse. Anybody with regimental training knows Police cannot point gun at you on BRT lane if there was no violation of order when asked to stop.

If he continues like this in Lagos, I pity him. They should warn him never to pass the BRT lane again even at 3.00am midnight. That is my candid advice for him.

I pray you experience those guys one day. They’re very unprofessional and they behave like touts. Been through that shit myself and i knw what i passed thru before i could get my car back.

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Cromagnon: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
In this country everyone just dey craze anyhow shocked

Once you wear uniforms you start seeing yourself as a boss
are they not bosses?
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2022
Wjames440:

I pray you experience those guys one day. They’re very unprofessional and they behave like touts. Been through that shit myself and i knw what i passed thru before i could get my car back.

I understand you and your plight. Lastman monitoring team is the worst. They work with those BRT police task force. My point is this, no matter whom you are, once you are caught violating Law, just be humble and be diplomatic . Falana is in Lagos and many other SANs, We have Judges serving & retired, We have Generals serving & retired. There is a level you get to in life and in public service that people follow your footsteps. You cannot break law and still claim you are above the law because of societal status or profession. We must be careful.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Davedblues(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:
Why did the mod add "Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni With Gun." to the title? That's not shown in the video.

This was the title that I wrote when I created the thread: "Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane".
because most of you support asiwaju which is blinding ya Sense of reasoning because after hearing from the guy and it was his first time taking this route and was even using Google maps which ever way it's about if he stopped when the police approach him? Which he did and accept to pay fine because that's the wat it his and I know how police act when they approach you so I don't see a big deal here

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by DeepSight(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRg6b5XVcCI

Video Of Rufai Oseni And The Policemen That Stopped Him On BRT Lane

A video of Arise TV journalist, Rufai Oseni and the policemen that stopped him on a BRT lane has surfaced. In the video Mr Oseni can be heard calling the policemen "Bleeding bastards" as someone tries to calm him down and take him away from the place. Mr Oseni went back to the policemen and repeatedly threatened that he will call the governor.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1554452982519021570?t=HyGuBwsKWLTSAmVuDCpJFg&s=08

Oseni tells his own side of the story. Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976x2RGGZAc

See previous thread here: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin

https://fb.watch/eFd8o3ck8x/
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by rickleye: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
twentyfivekobo:
He was in the BRT lane

He was in the wrong.

Modifed

Mr Oseni was in the BRT lane, and when challenged, decided to pull the 'Do you know who I am' card.

He should eat humble pie,
and apologize.

Why on earth wouldn’t he apologize and be done with it.
They decided to make an example out of him which is why they seized his vehicle . If they knew who he was , his vehicle wouldn’t have been seized.
You do not point a gun at a civilian.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by rickleye: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
I’ve said my 2 cents which happened to my cousin in June 19 at Oke-Odo. Lagos. The only difference was no gun was pointed.
They would not accept 10k but delayed his vehicle because they detected he was from abroad. They wanted 300k. He was delayed for 2.5hours.
Terrible Police

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by toujurs: 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2022
Oju4190:
ok maybe he met a different police that refuse to collect the infraction fee .....He said so himself that he is willing to pay but they refusedl.....
i guess he wasn't willing to pay up to the 70,000, these task force are criminals, it was never like this during ambode administration, mehn this country is dead. I wonder who in his right senses supports tinubu. That person needs a mental check up

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by OKEMKPI: 5:46am On Aug 03, 2022
Kingcalls:
This oseni is a fool... blacks actually have a mental defect ... try this in USA and the police will finish u there ... this type of person will be a terrible person if given power...
U are quoting USA, in that your USA, will the authorities allow some vehicles including commercial buses to use a restricted lane and arrest some?
Obviously u don't live or drive in lagos, that is if you even have a car anyway

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Oju4190: 6:00am On Aug 03, 2022
toujurs:
Oga abeg shut up, do you stay in lagos. You don't even know what really happened, you have held onto the fact he he used brt lane.

I hope you heard about the two lastma officers who were arrested because they drove off an hypertensive man , who was going to the hospital.

Don't just come and type any how, its until it happens to your family member, that is when you will begin to cry foul
what is Ur point.....Rufai said(1) he drove on a brt lane ( 2) Google map led him there (3) he saw other vehicle and he follow suit (4) he offered to pay for the infraction at the spot but the officer refused... maybe he met a different officer that is different from the usual one (4) Video capture him calling the official bastard and that he will call the Governor for him........Rufai said all these himself so u can judge for urself.....If it were to b in the US or UK he would have been cooling behind bars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 03, 2022
Even the governor will arrest him. Even nonentity go dey form for police. This does not happen elsewhere, the police ar doing their jobs, respect them.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 03, 2022
Even the governor will arrest him. Even nonentity go dey form for police. This does not happen elsewhere, the police ar doing their jobs, respect them. Nigerians are full of shit. Stupid man.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by therealMcCain: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2022
babaolofin:

I understand you and your plight. Lastman monitoring team is the worst. They work with those BRT police task force. My point is this, no matter whom you are, once you are caught violating Law, just be humble and be diplomatic . Falana is in Lagos and many other SANs, We have Judges serving & retired, We have Generals serving & retired. There is a level you get to in life and in public service that people follow your footsteps. You cannot break law and still claim you are above the law because of societal status or profession. We must be careful.

How do you keep your cool when you know that the law enforcer is going outside the provision of the law & endangering your life in the process?

You break the law, you are supposed to face the penalty spelt out by that law but the Nigerian police will tell you they are the law & will do to you however they seem fit which most times are a violation of your rights. How do you keep your cool?

The govt does not want to refine the process, they create loopholes for corruption to fester. With BVN/NIN I see no reason why traffic tickets/fines won't work. Tie drivers license + vehicle licence to BVN/NIN, you get a ticket, you either pay within a tineframe or go dispute the fine in court, if you fail to do so your account is either blocked or your car is impounded when next you are driving.

Everyone will sit up, bribe solicitation will reduce or become non existent. Why should my entire day be ruined because I beat traffic light or made a wrong turn? Collect ticket & go your way

Crime prevention is better they say but not with our police. They won't signal you not to turn or enter, once you enter they pounce on you
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Kingcalls: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2022
OKEMKPI:

U are quoting USA, in that your USA, will the authorities allow some vehicles including commercial buses to use a restricted lane and arrest some?
Obviously u don't live or drive in lagos, that is if you even have a car anyway

Fool..I started driving in lagos b4 u were born...
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by gtrust: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2022
The police will stop you and give you a ticket for that traffic offence. No big deal.
You can overspeed, drive on bus lane, overtake on double lines etc etc no big deal, na your money.
You have a few days to pay up otherwise it doubles then triples etc
You can go to court if you think the police is wrong in ticketing you but cheaper to just pay.

Nigerians just like drama!
Give him ticket and let him go. It takes 5-minutes.
When you pay that money, walahi you will behave next time. The thing dey pain wella.

Kingcalls:
This oseni is a fool... blacks actually have a mental defect ... try this in USA and the police will finish u there ... this type of person will be a terrible person if given power...
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Kingcalls: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2022
gtrust:
The police will stop you and give you a ticket for that traffic offence. No big deal.
You can overspeed, drive on bus lane, overtake on double lines etc etc no big deal, na your money.
You have a few days to pay up otherwise it doubles then triples etc
You can go to court if you think the police is wrong in ticketing you but cheaper to just pay.

Nigerians just like drama!
Give him ticket and let him go. It takes 5-minutes.
When you pay that money, walahi you will behave next time. The thing dey pain wella.

Nigerians system is different from America... we are a 3rd world country...we should stop comparing is to America... do u know what wud have happened if this happened in countries like Mexico, Colombia, Kenya, Romania , Bangladesh, Albania , Cameroon... we never reach America, UK, Germany level... but still in these first class countries, if u are aggressive towards policemen , it will not go down well with u...he stepped out of his car aggressively without the permission of the police, he walked aggressively towards his car and also then walked aggressively Towards the policemen... if na America, im go collect , I am 100 percent that he will collect
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by hitblaz03: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2022
young lady caught taking mkpulu nmili (drugs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_s_9NWgALo&t=48s
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by OKEMKPI: 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Kingcalls:

Fool..I started driving in lagos b4 u were born...
If u have started driving in lagos b4 I was born,then probably u are awolowo age mate only that u are just old without wisdom.Grey hair on an empty head is a waste of old age
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by Youlins: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
You have no shame at all. Is this how lawless you have become. You've just embarrassed those of us who love you. Does the governor support driving against traffic ? You need to be rehabilitated honestly for this display of at a correctional center.
Re: Policeman Threatens Rufai Oseni Wth Gun. Broadcaster Says He Will Call Governor by millionboi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Is ths how to campaign?
Why should I vote for Peter obi? What has he done to deserve my vote? And lastly, Peter obi can never, I repeat never be the president of this country. Know this, and know peace
Nigerians will decide,not you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed / IMSU Student Arrested For Arranging Her Own Kidnap To Extort Her Parents (pic) / CCTV Captures A Boy Stealing An Iphone At Shop In Computer Village (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.