Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Over Staying In A Company - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over Staying In A Company (23186 Views)

How Do You Feel Staying At Home On A Monday Morning? Share Your Experience. / I Am Tired Of Staying At Home, Any Volunteer Jobs? / You Won't Believe How Much A Company Want To Pay A Graduate With NYSC Cert. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over Staying In A Company by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Warm7days:
Trash loading...
Serious thrash o! grin
Re: Over Staying In A Company by limcar: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
Naijabad:

There is no growth in terms of salary in your current company that will surpass what others have to offer outside.

The last company I left after 8 months, my net was 560k per month. The current pays me 993k per month. What type of internal upgrade or promotion will make my former company pay me 993k from 560k?

Recently a recruiter called me for one of the big soft drink manufacturers and I told them that I wont take anything less than 1,500k net. They were willing to give 1,150k but I said capital NO. This is my 1 year 3 months in my present place.
baba, help me. I'm looking for a job. God bless you
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Boogyman557: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
zolajpower:

Guy wey ur friend "dammnigga is alright " ? AbI himself carry infection wey make d Edo state government ban olosho ? cheesy
Holly Gram cool My Gee is okay..

Just away from NL but em go soon fall in..

WTF MAN!
Re: Over Staying In A Company by beey2(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:
What would make some one over stay in a company for over 10years.

Means you have not develop over the years or you are scared of what's outside your comfort zone. If you stay so long in a company, the know your weakness and strength, you are not doing any extraordinary except for normal routine the know.

I don't fancy that idea of over staying, I want to explored new ideas and new work environment.

My English is bad but you need to improve yours bro. smiley smiley
Re: Over Staying In A Company by funkyjaay: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
Abeg.I dey find work.B.SC sociology.tnx u
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Naijabad: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
bigtt76:
But wey job nor de nko? Abi you go de receive N700K then decide to leave because you wan leave comfort zone? cheesy

700k is peanut when you factor in current exchange rate. You are just receiving $1000.

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

Means you have not develop over the years or you are scared of what's outside your comfort zone. If you stay so long in a company, the know your weakness and strength, you are not doing any extraordinary except for normal routine the know.

I don't fancy that idea of over staying, I want to explored new ideas and new work environment.

People stay 35 years in good, strong multinationals like Shell or Coca-Cola, Bro.

Na only say you neva land such.

E get where you go enta, you no go ever pray to comot.

2 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by emerged01(m): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

Bro,if I am working in a company where there is a good working condition,staff wellfare and career development,why would I leave such place?
The only reason I can leave such place is to be my own boss.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by simplesearch: 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
You won't be useless if you keep developing yourself. The newly appointed GMD of UBA had spent a whooping 20years with the bank before his appointment, meaning longevity is needed to attain some heights. Funny enough he had Bsc in food science or technology which I presume was his basic entry qualification. He also had Msc in B&F, which I guess was acquired after his employment into the industry, possibly to enable him fit it in, which is an ideal thing to do considering his area of study. And this means he got himself developed along the way to fit into the sector and for how long, and this has led to his been eligible for the new appointment. So it's not about the years you spent in a company that matters, but how relevant you made yourself to the company over your long or short years of engagement.

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Theoarhics: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Aforxzy:

Retirement packages and long service awards.

Why do we still have pensioners protesting over on paid gratuity and pension after 35 years of service
Re: Over Staying In A Company by gloryman91: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
This is just the case of most Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Staff since inception eventhough hardly could you see them with good career progression, most going for promotion exams 10 times without being promoted to the next rank.

Praying that new management correct all these lopsided issues in the Corps.

Transfer and other allowances are being owed over eight years now.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Ppp1p: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Invest4growth: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
What is bad if I stayed in an employment all through my career? There is nothing bad whatsoever. If you derive contentment why not. If the structure works well for you. These days if there is good pension scheme then one can stay till retirement. Personally I joined a Company 20 years ago all because they had a good pension scheme though my salary was lower then. I did not regret my action because I decided to retire before attaining 60 to enjoy my Pension. Today I am a Pensioner but I am not 60 yet!
Re: Over Staying In A Company by femi4: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fran6ik:
So after 10yrs, will you resign from NNPC?
Don't mind them, they think there are credible jobs out there
Re: Over Staying In A Company by femi4: 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
tshtsh:

I dont believe there is any such thing as job security
Don't worry, life experience will teach you that
Re: Over Staying In A Company by femi4: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
Naijabad:

With this mentality, you will never be a rich man.
I would rather desire to meet my needs than focus on getting rich

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by juman(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
One would stick with good boss.

If you worked with mko Abiola, hardly would you think of leaving.
We read so many sweet things about him.
He made sure his workers were comfortable.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Olurondo: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
If you are in a company where you are enjoying career growth,good compensation and career development then it is better to stay there.You already understand the politics and system there why go somewhere else to try to adapt.Also some companies in Nigeria are top payers so if you leave that company and industry it is likely going to be paycut for you.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by ecolime(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
gloryman91:
This is just the case of most Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Staff since inception eventhough hardly could you see them with good career progression, most going for promotion exams 10 times without being promoted to the next rank.

Praying that new management correct all these lopsided issues in the Corps.

Transfer and other allowances are being owed over eight years now.
Is that why you guys Rob extort motorists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by tshtsh: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
femi4:
Don't worry, life experience will teach you that
If I didn't make moves I wont be where I am today. Those I left behind at my previous jobs have not maximized or halved their potential due to fear of the unknown

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by holubee21(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fran6ik:
Abi I don resign ni! Until I grow grey hair. Why do you think we still have recycle government. When I was in pry school av bin hearing obasanjo former military whatever yet he came back, buhari former something yet he came back to rule, babaginda former something yet he came back to rule like that. Why haven't they resigned then and never return
Re: Over Staying In A Company by holubee21(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

People stay 35 years in good, strong multinationals like Shell or Coca-Cola, Bro.

Na only say you neva land such.

E get where you go enta, you no go ever pray to comot.
If the guy enter cbn or nnpc u no go wan comot
Re: Over Staying In A Company by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2022
A company that gives you opportunities for career growth in both intellectually and financially is worth staying for life.

NB: you aren't just building the company, but your self and future while working there as well.

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Cutehector(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fran6ik:
we die there cheesy
Re: Over Staying In A Company by smasher1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

It depends on the company. it's okay to stay long in a multinational company. the longer, the likelihood for some payments like ten years, fifteen, twenty etc regular payment. promotion may not be frequent but a long time payment or severance package is an advantage.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Exceed15: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
femi4:
So if I start as a cleaner and now the head of Admin after 10yrs, does that means I m not growing?

The ultimate factor is job security. I would rather continue to earn 100k yearly than go elsewhere and earn 1M in a year and get sacked

U too dey watch Nigeria movies
Re: Over Staying In A Company by sisisioge: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
If the company is good, why not? Seen people resigning from Nestle, Lafarge, Mobil, ? Majority of their staff retire there. But all these small or owners managed big companies, na to japa within within 2 years o. Globacom being the worst of them all grin

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

This is how you go from grace to grass. Some people are regretting leaving their jobs you're here encouraging others to do same.
Slow but steady wins the race.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by bigtt76(f): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Yea but na Lagos I de and na Naira I de spend nor bi dollar naaa cheesy

Naijabad:

700k is peanut when you factor in current exchange rate. You are just receiving $1000.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by smasher1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
thesicilian:

Not in all cases. If you're growing in terms of salary or personal and professional development, why would you want to leave? Plus as one grows older one begins to feel less need to move around.
I personally don't like staying in one job or city for more than 3yrs, but there are many things that can make a person decide to settle down at one company. and they move because of frustration with the new job irrespective of the higher pay. a lot of them deeply regret quiting the previous job as their stress level is more now.

It's not always profitable, even parking from one place to another. I just moved and it's over a month, things are not well settled as it was previously although it's a better apartment. same with work. you may be a marketer and think with a higher pay, it would be better in d new place. not true. statistics have shown that the first to resign, relocate to another country or move to another company are the last to come in.
Re: Over Staying In A Company by tunjijones(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
thesicilian:

Not in all cases. If you're growing in terms of salary or personal and professional development, why would you want to leave? Plus as one grows older one begins to feel less need to move around.
I personally don't like staying in one job or city for more than 3yrs, but there are many things that can make a person decide to settle down at one company.

It's very hard to go far career wise if you stay put in one firm for too long.

I feel it's cowards that is scared of the unknown that stays in one company for very long time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can A Graduate With Physics With Electronics Work? / Diamond Bank Collecting CV's For Test In Owerri / Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.