Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me (1253 Views)

Ole Omo Ibo. Prison Developers,see What This One Has Done Again / We Will Hold SE Govs Responsible For BZF - Egbe Omo Ibo / Nigerian Army Came To Kill Me And My Family - Nnamdi Kanu On Live Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Entprys(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
We have two flats and 4 rooms boys-quater in Lagos. We gave it to a caretaker to handle before we relocate to our town in Kwara State. Few year ago, the caretaker started playing smartness on me buy witholding my money even when tenant has paid him. For that I sacked him and decided to manage the house by myself. The tenants have been paying money into my account even while I 'm not in Lagos. But a guy packed into one of the flats last year. He is an Igbo guy. Now his rent is due to be renewed but he refused to pay me claiming he will remove 27,000 from the N300,000 he is to pay. He said he used the money to repare one side of the roof and change some ceilling sheets. But this guy did not tell me before doing that. And that is why I insist on not bearing that cost. I was in his shop in Iyana Ipaja this morning. I dragged with him. I dont know why these people just like being difficult.
Advise me please. Arrest him ? Or carry boys go scatter his shop. He is into pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by ThrownBack: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
Get a lawyer and assess your options.

With the way you're carry tribal bigotry on your head, it will soon lead you to legal and financial mess, and at the end, the same omo ibo will buy back your house and send you back to Kwara, then your life will be like all those people here hating on Igbos without and good reasons.

20 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Bluezy13(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
Wait for your fellow tribesmen to advise you.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Life should not be difficult or made difficult.

Get a carpenter to verify if indeed those repairs/ changes were made. If his claims are verified, carry out an audit, collect your balance and move on.

No be everything be fight or "person wan cheat you".

Some people truly do not have time to bother landlord over repairs , they fix and recoup from rent.

Although, the sensible thing for your tenant to have done was to notify you , about the fault/need for repair , first.

11 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Great2017: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:
We have two flats and 4 rooms boys-quater in Lagos. We gave it to a caretaker to handle before we relocate to our town in Kwara State. Few year ago, the caretaker started playing smartness on me buy witholding my money even when tenant has paid him. For that I sacked him and decided to manage the house by myself. The tenants have been paying money into my account even while I 'm not in Lagos. But a guy packed into one of the flats last year. He is an Igbo guy. Now his rent is due to be renewed but he refused to pay me claiming he will remove 27,000 from the N300,000 he is to pay. He said he used the money to repare one side of the roof and change some ceilling sheets. But this guy did not tell me before doing that. And that is why I insist on not bearing that cost. I was in his shop in Iyana Ipaja this morning. I dragged with him. I dont know why these people just like being difficult.
Advise me please. Arrest him ? Or carry boys go scatter his shop. He is into pharmacy.
I think the bone of contention is the 27K. Did he actually carry out the repairs as claimed? If he did, you can carry out your independent estimation to ascertain the actual cost of the repair. Two of you can then talk it over. Henceforth, the tenancy contract should be in black and white so as to avoid this kind of scenario next time. I hope this helps.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
Person repair your house for you, and you're being alarmed.

You must be a yeye house owner

4 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Entprys(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2022
Great2017:

I think the bone of contention is the 27K. Did he actually carry out the repairs as claimed? If he did, you can carry out your independent estimation to ascertain the actual cost of the repair. Two of you can then talk it over. Henceforth, the tenancy contract should be in black and white so as to avoid this kind of scenario next time. I hope this helps.

He did. But the way he present the issue is very rude. And that is why I feel like teaching him a leason
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by sotall(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

He did. But the way he present the issue is very rude. And that is why I feel like teaching him a leason

Carry area boys go beat am.
Scatter his shop sef.

At least thats what you have always wanted to do. Make yourself happy by doing it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Great2017: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

I understand you better now. Wisdom is profitable to direct. You can still teach him that you are the boss without involving any violence.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Rekhina(f): 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
Shameless landlord , scatter his shops as you scatter northern goods , you will surely lose ur house mumu .na inyamuri no be aboki

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by pacesetting: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
You see this life ehh, it is very simple. Na people like una dey make am hard.

Your focus on the guy being Igbo is clouding your judgement. Since you have confirmed that he did the said maintenance, and your issue now is the way he was rude, approach him with that.

Tell him he was being rude and address the issue point and clear. If he's still being rude, serve him a quit notice and follow it up with a legal action. That's simple!!

There is no need "teaching him a lesson", because you may finally end up being the student.

Entprys:

4 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Sheuns(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
Just accept the deductions and move on. Try to draft an agreement on repairs and other fixes the tenants may incur in your house. In the agreement state what and what not you want to be done.

There’s more to life than violence, if you tow the path of “I want to reach him a lesson” you’ll spend time money and resources needlessly. Just find a way to prevent a reoccurrence.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Madmohamed1: 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:
be careful the that man you call your tenant will buy that your house tomorrow go and verify if he repair some part of your house

Simply tell him next time he should let you know before he do anything in the house.
Just forget about 27000 and move on thanks

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by correctyourself(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

Collect the remaining balance and inform him to let you know next time he want to do such repairs. learn to be flexible at time as tenants are like customers to you and you need their cooperation.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by IamAtikulate: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Scatter his shop and he will burn your house.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Ifearnoevil: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
IamAtikulate:
Scatter his shop and he will burn your house.

You dey mind am.
I don't know what is giving the mumu confidence.
The next thing now he is bringing politics and 2023 election into this.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by IamAtikulate: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ifearnoevil:

You dey mind am.
I don't know what is giving the mumu confidence.
The next thing now he is bringing politics and 2023 election into this.
It's just hatred.

It's not as if the guy is owing him. If they born am well, make him scatter the guy shop.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by diadem10: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
cool
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Tinububalls: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Igbo man done suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Jack005(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hatred already dey this one body.. I believe because the tenant is an igbo man, you have refused to reason with him and that's why you want to scatter his shop because of a mere 27k...yoruba people and mouth, scatter him shop and see what will happen.. You must be a Tinubu urchiin to say such nonsense!!

4 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Ayed44: 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:
The tribal bigotry in this ur narration has rendered it useless and hence it belongs in the dustbin.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Parachoko: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
topcatking:
Life should not be difficult or made difficult.

Get a carpenter to verify if indeed those repairs/ changes were made. If his claims are verified, carry out an audit, collect your balance and move on.

No be everything be fight or "person wan cheat you".

Some people truly do not have time to bother landlord over repairs , they fix and recoup from rent.

Although, the sensible thing for your tenant to have done was to notify you , about the fault/need for repair , first.
A tenant is suppose to inform his or her landlord before carrying out any repair.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Bouncing2(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Yoruba ofe mmanu and big mouth eeh!!,,,5&6..

Go scatter en shop laa,, n' say goodbye to ya house..

Lubbish cheesy
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by silibaba: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

Teach him which lesson? House don finish for Lagos?

You think he can't buy or build his own?

Most IBO men only use money they don't need to build house in Lagos. They are more concerned about their business.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by silibaba: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Parachoko:
A tenant is suppose to inform his or her landlord before carrying out any repair.
have you heard from the other party? Don't judge by hearing from one side bro.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Parachoko: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
silibaba:
have you heard from the other party? Don't judge by hearing from one side bro.

I commented base on what the OP said.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by tctrills: 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

I see, you believe that since you are his Landlord, you are also his God.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by silibaba: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Great2017:

I understand you better now. Wisdom is profitable to direct. You can still teach him that you are the boss without involving any violence.

The tenant is the boss. Without the rent, landlord will not eat.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by Great2017: 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
silibaba:

The tenant is the boss. Without the rent, landlord will not eat.
Not when demand is higher than supply. A place like Lagos where demand is higher than supply, the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by a4cube: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Thinkam:
Person repair your house for you, and you're being alarmed.

You must be a yeye house owner
Inherited from great grandpa I guess.
Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by KosiGee(m): 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
Entprys:

You can confirm that he carried out repairs on your building. You also claim that he didn’t inform you about the problem with the roof. Here you are shouting ‘omo Igbo’….

You are an idiot. Omoibo scatter your lying mouth there.

I’m certain this man inform you about the defect and possibly pleaded with you to effect repairs as bad weather was affecting him but you ignored him. A good man he is, he repaired your building for you and a despicable ingrate like you is planning on what to do to him.

Go and hang yourself mister. Knot the rope very well.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me by silibaba: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
Great2017:

Not when demand is higher than supply. A place like Lagos where demand is higher than supply, the reverse is the case.
demand is high depends on the area in question.

Is demand high in badagry or oguafo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Not Ready For Presidency / 9 Questions To Ask The Gullible Fans Of Peter Obi— I Want Answers / Mr. Tinubu Miscalculated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.