Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Dear Christians,please Say Something About This - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians,please Say Something About This (1962 Views)

Please Say A Prayer For those Suffering From Chronic Illness In This New Year / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
Templee333:
I heard a voice in my sleep,
it was my dead mom calling softly from the grave:
Son!
There's no heaven above d clouds!
What!
yes! Heaven is in ur heart.
God isn't a picture with snow white beard!
What!
yes! God is that beggar sprawling in the street!
There's no hell burning with sulphur & brimstone!
What!
yes! Hell is that hate flickering in ur eyes!

This is what you get when you reject your Bible and follow GIBBERISH.

Do you worship "God that beggar sprawling in the street?"

Matthew 6:9 "Our Father who art in" where?

Matthew 5;5 "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the" what?

Your dead mom wise pass Jesus Christ?

You are no different from Saul cavorting with spiritism.

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
Janosky:

u don come this side?
and in ur haste 2 make comment u failled 2 read the whole post

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
Templee333:

u don come this side?
and in ur haste 2 make comment u failled 2 read the whole post
"and in ur haste 2 make comment u failled 2 read the whole post" below the line.
------------------------------------------_----------------_--------

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
Janosky:

"and in ur haste 2 make comment u failled 2 read the whole post" below the line.
------------------------------------------_----------------_--------

u brag abt knowing God but u really dnt knw a shit abt God

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
Templee333:

u brag abt knowing God but u really dnt knw a shit abt God
Templee333:

I heard a voice in my sleep,
it was my dead mom calling softly from the grave:
Son!
There's no heaven above d clouds!
What!
yes! Heaven is in ur heart.
God isn't a picture with snow white beard!
What!
yes! God is that beggar sprawling in the street!
There's no hell burning with sulphur & brimstone!
What!
yes! Hell is that hate flickering in ur eyes!
Matthew 6:9 "Our Father who art in heaven"

Matthew 5;5 "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth"

Matthew 5:5 & Matthew 6:9 is not in your heart.
Oga,Continue taking your hallucinatory stuffs in secret.
Kpele.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
Joshthefirst:
What's your point? undecided
my point is that many christians won't accept what Jesus said abt the Kingdom of heaven in those verses.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Janosky:

Matthew 6:9 "Our Father who art in heaven"

Matthew 5;5 "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth"

Matthew 5:5 & Matthew 6:9 is not in your heart.
Oga,Continue taking your hallucinatory stuffs in secret.
Kpele.

i told u somewhere that u have comprehension problem but pride doesnt allow u 2 admit it.Now u've disgraced urself in public

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2022
Templee333:

i told u somewhere that u have comprehension problem but pride doesnt allow u 2 admit it.Now u've disgraced urself in public
Matthew 5:5 & Matthew 6:9 "have comprehension problem" for Templee333.

You are already sparring with your fellow 3 deities worshippers on this thread in disagreement.
Oga, pls continue. grin
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 10:32am On Aug 11, 2022
Janosky:

You are already sparring with your fellow 3 deities worshippers on this thread in disagreement.
Oga, pls continue. grin

& u think dat anyone who doesnt follow ur blind JW doctrine is a 3deities worshiprs. Go & answr ur question on the other threat & abt Rev.6 & stop claiming ur "i knw all" attitude cos u r disgraced in dis forum

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, pls continue. grin

u've not yet explain how Moses & Elijah met with Jesus,neither have u tampered with the soul of the dead crying in Rev.6:9-10. U come here 2 display ur misunderstanding of the bible more & more. Mr bible scholar, stop dodging,answ ur questn

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2022
Templee333:

u've not yet explain how Moses & Elijah met with Jesus,neither have u tampered with the soul of the dead crying in Rev.6:9-10. U come here 2 display ur misunderstanding of the bible more & more. Mr bible scholar, stop dodging,answ ur questn
Templee333:

& u think dat anyone who doesnt follow ur blind JW doctrine is a 3deities worshiprs. Go & answr ur question on the other threat & abt Rev.6 & stop claiming ur "i knw all" attitude cos u r disgraced in dis forum

Please exercise your right to WAIL & throw tantrums.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If COMPREHENSION is your issue then please deal with that appropriately. undecided

Templee333:

i told u somewhere that u have COMPREHENSION problem but pride doesnt allow u 2 admit it.Now u've disgraced urself in public

I suggest we get Mr COMPREHENSION arrested!
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I suggest we get Mr COMPREHENSION arrested!
until u answer all ur questions in the other thread,i will consider u & all ur JW folks as clowns who shouldnt be taken serious.

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
Janosky:

Please exercise your right to WAIL & throw tantrums.
look 4 a dictionary & check the meaning of "tantrums".because it seems to me that u just see a grammar in ur false Awake! & decide to use it everywhere.By so doing,you misuse it.

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Janosky: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2022
Templee333:

look 4 a dictionary & check the meaning of "tantrums".because it seems to me that u just see a grammar in ur false Awake! & decide to use it everywhere.By so doing,you misuse it.

Oga, continue in your folly & throw more tantrums.
The next episode of your hallucinations is coming soon. grin
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Wilgrea7(m): 5:39am On Aug 12, 2022
Joshthefirst:
He's not. God is Judge. Heaven and hell are real places.

God is also not in a hurry to prove this fact to skeptics btw. He has eternity to convince them. But we are in a hurry because the skeptic only has a chance to decide his eternal destination before eternity comes.

I'm more interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that heaven and hell are real places.

If you can't objectively prove that your heaven and hell exists, then on what basis do you expect a skeptic to believe?

Also... Trying to threaten someone with a place they don't believe in is about as effective as me threatening you with a unicorn.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I'm more interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that heaven and hell are real places.
The same way you and I know there's a God. Both intuition and logic. We know that God exists because objective morality exists, and if objective morality exists then God is a moral being, and if so, then He will punish evil doers in justice. Hell is where he does that, generally speaking.

If you can't objectively prove that your heaven and hell exists, then on what basis do you expect a skeptic to believe?
I can prove very obviously as I have done above, through very easy and "simple to arrive at" reasoning.

Also... Trying to threaten someone with a place they don't believe in is about as effective as me threatening you with a unicorn.
I'm only warning you for your own good, and for the good of those who will believe, like I said, some people aren't interested in going to heaven, they do their best to deny very very important and obvious things about God and reality and love and life. They go over and beyond to have faith in incredible stupid and unreasonable nonsense instead of having faith in God. They refuse to acknowledge their blindness and hopelessness so that God will save them. They cannot even understand my words.

For those people my words will only serve as a witness on judgement day, God is the one who saves, he likens his period of salvation to "a year of acceptance", but there is a day he judges. And that's the scary fact, He only needs a "day" in eternity to clear the skeptics doubt.

My words are your witness, skeptics who read this; heaven and hell exist, your life carries moral accountability to a God who judges, and the wages of sin is death. Accept Christ who died for sin today. My words are for those who may read this, and become convinced of the truth too, my reply to the skeptic may be the light to salvation for another who reads and believes.

God only saves those who are poor in Spirit, those who realize their need for His salvation.

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:1‭-‬3 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/isa.61.1-3.NKJV
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Wilgrea7(m): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2022
Joshthefirst:

The same way you and I know there's a God. Both intuition and logic. We know that God exists because objective morality exists, and if objective morality exists then God is a moral being, and if so, then He will punish evil doers in justice. Hell is where he does that, generally speaking.

A LOT of hasty generalizations here.

1. The existence of a god.. I don't think it's something we both generally agree on.. Arguing god from objective morality is a slippery slope. Because objective morality, in the context of one being set by a god, doesn't seem to exist.. or rather.. it doesn't seem to be well defined.

2. It's one thing to say that a god exists. But why one? Why not many?

3. There's also a difference between saying a god exists, and saying a specific type of god exists. Your logic could be used to argue for the islamic, hindu or Sikh god.

4. It's also another logical jump to assume that if a god exists, it would for whatever reason, want to do certain things, like interfere with humans

5. It is also another huge logical jump, to say that if a god exists, and chooses to interfere with humans, it would want to implement justice.. and if it chose to do so, it would want to do so through your concept of a heaven and a hell.

There are lots of other logical jumps you've made.. but these are the few I'll point out for now.

I can prove very obviously as I have done above, through very easy and "simple to arrive at" reasoning.

I'm sorry .. but this reasoning is incredibly faulty.

I'm only warning you for your own good, and for the good of those who will believe, like I said, some people aren't interested in going to heaven, they do their best to deny very very important and obvious things about God and reality and love and life. They go over and beyond to have faith in incredible stupid and unreasonable nonsense instead of having faith in God. They refuse to acknowledge their blindness and hopelessness so that God will save them. They cannot even understand my words.

For those people my words will only serve as a witness on judgement day, God is the one who saves, he likens his period of salvation to "a year of acceptance", but there is a day he judges. And that's the scary fact, He only needs a "day" in eternity to clear the skeptics doubt.

My words are your witness, skeptics who read this; heaven and hell exist, your life carries moral accountability to a God who judges, and the wages of sin is death. Accept Christ who died for sin today. My words are for those who may read this, and become convinced of the truth too, my reply to the skeptic may be the light to salvation for another who reads and believes.

God only saves those who are poor in Spirit, those who realize their need for His salvation.

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:1‭-‬3 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/isa.61.1-3.NKJV

You've done nothing to prove the existence of heaven, hell, or even your concept of God. All you've done is to make reference to the book you believe in. That's not proof.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2022
Wilgrea7:

You've done nothing to prove the existence of heaven, hell, or even your concept of God. All you've done is to make reference to the book you believe in. That's not proof.

And later you will say you've not declared yourself as an atheist! cheesy

If people are talking about their BELIEFS but you don't have anything to contribute other than questioning their beliefs then what are you?
Ọmọ you done pot confirm to ATHEISM jọ̀ọ́! cheesy

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Wilgrea7:

A LOT of hasty generalizations here.

1. The existence of a god.. I don't think it's something we both generally agree on.. Arguing god from objective morality is a slippery slope. Because objective morality, in the context of one being set by a god, doesn't seem to exist.. or rather.. it doesn't seem to be well defined.
It exists, you simply choose to deny it. Or rather, you do not even deny it, you simply hide behind words like "well defined" etc. Be bold Mr Skeptic.
Let me ask you, does truth exist?

2. It's one thing to say that a god exists. But why one? Why not many?

3. There's also a difference between saying a god exists, and saying a specific type of god exists. Your logic could be used to argue for the islamic, hindu or Sikh god.

4. It's also another logical jump to assume that if a god exists, it would for whatever reason, want to do certain things, like interfere with humans

5. It is also another huge logical jump, to say that if a god exists, and chooses to interfere with humans, it would want to implement justice.. and if it chose to do so, it would want to do so through your concept of a heaven and a hell.

There are lots of other logical jumps you've made.. but these are the few I'll point out for now.
These "logical jumps" are only present for you because in your very stressful journey to deny or question God's existence you have chosen to deny even the definition of God and His attributes

I'm sorry .. but this reasoning is incredibly faulty.
It's your reasoning that is faulty.

Wilgrea7: You've done nothing to prove the existence of heaven, hell, or even your concept of God. All you've done is to make reference to the book you believe in. That's not proof.
Who said I was out to prove anything? I don't owe you any proof Mr Skeptic. The burden of proof is on you.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
Joshthefirst:
It exists, you simply choose to deny it. Or rather, you do not even deny it, you simply hide behind words like "well defined" etc. Be bold Mr Skeptic.

These "logical jumps" are only present for you because in your very stressful journey to deny or question God's existence you have chosen to deny even the definition of God and His attributes

Who said I was out to prove anything? I don't owe you any proof Mr Skeptic. The burden of proof is on you.
hmmm! I wanted to say something but...
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Wilgrea7(m): 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Joshthefirst:

Ok... This should be good... Yes.. truth exists.. what's your follow up question?

I'm not denying anything.. I'm just looking for the evidence for the claims you made.. and I've found none.

Thanks?

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim... You're the one making the claim that a god exists. Not just that, but that said god has certain attributes.. and chooses to act a certain way.. the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.. which in this case... Is you
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by GoodIsGod: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lubish
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Ok... This should be good... Yes.. truth exists.. what's your follow up question?
I have to admit I'm shocked at a Skeptic actually acknowledging truth exists. Truth is reality. And truth by nature is objective.

I have no follow up question. Be a healthy Skeptic and let your skepticism lead you to the truth.

I'm not denying anything.. I'm just looking for the evidence for the claims you made.. and I've found none.
Oya go your way.

Thanks?
You're welcome. grin

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim... You're the one making the claim that a god exists. Not just that, but that said god has certain attributes.. and chooses to act a certain way.. the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.. which in this case... Is you
No actually. You deny the existence of God(don't you?). This is a claim as well. An atheist makes a claim that God does not exist. He has to defend it, not me.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Wilgrea7(m): 3:06am On Aug 14, 2022
Joshthefirst:
I have to admit I'm shocked at a Skeptic actually acknowledging truth exists.
I have no follow up question. Be a healthy Skeptic and let your skepticism lead you to the truth.

That's what I'm trying to find.

No actually. You deny the existence of God(don't you?). This is a claim as well. An atheist makes a claim that God does not exist. He has to defend it, not me.

Throughout this platform... I've been called an atheist countless times.. I've never bothered to call myself one.. because when it comes to the existence of a god.. i really sincerely don't know.

I never said that a god DOES NOT or CANNOT exist. Even the word “God" is something i often tell theists to define before we start discussing about it's existence.

I don't know.. and i don't claim to know. The theist is the one that claims to know what a god is, and claims to know that it exists. That's why the burden of proof lies on them.

I cannot prove a negative.. especially when I don't even know what i am supposed to be disproving.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by orisa37: 3:52am On Aug 14, 2022
DEVELOPED AND EDUCATED COUNTRIES NOW DON'T WANT TO BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH DEVELOPING/UNDEVELOPED AND ILLITERATE/IGNORANT SPECIES ANYMORE.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by afficionado7: 4:46am On Aug 14, 2022
Wilgrea7:

That's what I'm trying to find.

Throughout this platform... I've been called an atheist countless times.. I've never bothered to call myself one.. because when it comes to the existence of a god.. i really sincerely don't know.

I never said that a god DOES NOT or CANNOT exist. Even the word “God" is something i often tell theists to define before we start discussing about it's existence.

I don't know.. and i don't claim to know. The theist is the one that claims to know what a god is, and claims to know that it exists. That's why the burden of proof lies on them.

I cannot prove a negative.. especially when I don't even know what i am supposed to be disproving.
1. HUMANS ARE CREATURES OF EMOTION. SO MAJORITY WILL ALWAYS 'REASON' FROM A PLACE OF EMOTION RATHER THAN ONE OF LOGIC. IT TAKES GUTS TO ADMIT, LIKE YOU JUST DID, THAT WE REALLY DON'T KNOW.
2. WE ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. WE'RE ON RELIGION AUTO PILOT.

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2022
orisa37:
DEVELOPED AND EDUCATED COUNTRIES NOW DON'T WANT TO BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH DEVELOPING/UNDEVELOPED AND ILLITERATE/IGNORANT SPECIES ANYMORE.
hmmm! Can u enlighten us more?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2022
afficionado7:

1. HUMANS ARE CREATURES OF EMOTION. SO MAJORITY WILL ALWAYS 'REASON' FROM A PLACE OF EMOTION RATHER THAN ONE OF LOGIC. IT TAKES GUTS TO ADMIT, LIKE YOU JUST DID, THAT WE REALLY DON'T KNOW.
2. WE ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. WE'RE ON RELIGION AUTO PILOT.
another fellow is making sense here! Can u,pls,elaborate ur point number 2?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by afficionado7: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:

another fellow is making sense here! Can u,pls,elaborate ur point number 2?

I WILL. IF YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT SINCE BIRTH THAT THERE'S A GOD IN A HEAVEN, YOU'LL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT UNTIL YOU DIE. MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER STEPPED BACK TO QUESTION THEIR SO-CALLED BELIEFS. 'SO-CALLED' BECAUSE THEY DON'T NECESSARILY ACTIVELY BELIEVE. IF THEY GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS IT'S LIKELY BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. IF THEY PRAY FIVE TIMES A DAY IT'S BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'VE ALWAYS DONE. THERE'S NO INDEPENDENT ANALYSIS (FOR MOST PEOPLE.) HABIT, REPITITION, AUTO PILOT.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:04am On Aug 14, 2022
afficionado7:

I WILL. IF YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT SINCE BIRTH THAT THERE'S A GOD IN A HEAVEN, YOU'LL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT UNTIL YOU DIE. MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER STEPPED BACK TO QUESTION THEIR SO-CALLED BELIEFS. 'SO-CALLED' BECAUSE THEY DON'T NECESSARILY ACTIVELY BELIEVE. IF THEY GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS IT'S LIKELY BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. IF THEY PRAY FIVE TIMES A DAY IT'S BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'VE ALWAYS DONE. THERE'S NO INDEPENDENT ANALYSIS (FOR MOST PEOPLE.) HABIT, REPITITION, AUTO PILOT.
now are u ready 4 the attack? Just wait & see what ur fellows will reply u on this.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by afficionado7: 8:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Templee333:

now are u ready 4 the attack? Just wait & see what ur fellows will reply u on this.

I HONESTLY DON'T CARE. LOL

Was Man Created With The Intention To Fall Into Sin From The Beginning? / Good Jesus / What Is The Modest Christian Dressing?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83