Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,060 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation (22090 Views)

Eric Igbedion Agboegbulem Death: Police Tried To Blackmail Family - Ena Ofugara / 4 Armed Robbers Gang-Rape A Lady In Anambra, Record It, Blackmail Her (Photo) / $5M Fraud: Why Mompha Was Arrested By INTERPOL, EFCC - Tosin Olugbenga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Maxymilliano(m): 11:11am On Aug 04, 2022
Social media celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha, known as Mompha, has reacted to being declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as he accused the agency of blackmail and intimidation.

The PUNCH had reported on June 30 2022 that Mompha’s absence stalled his alleged N6 billion money laundering trial before Justice Mojisola Dada of the Ikeja Special Offences Court.

Then in a notice on Wednesday signed by its spokesperson, Wilson Uwajaren, the embattled social media celebrity was declared wanted for criminal offence.

Reacting to the notice in lengthy Instagram posts on Thursday, Mompha noted that EFCC, via its lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, used his absence to blackmail him.

In the statement titled, ‘Mompha Wanted By The EFCC’ – The Truth Story’, Mompha detailed the history of his arrest and arraignment by the EFCC.

Mompha said, “After my arrest and arraignment on the first case at the Federal High Court Lagos, on the 10th of December 2021, the court gave me judgment and ordered EFCC to release my wrist watches and other valuables in their custody to me for having been unlawfully seized.

Being a bitter agency, the EFCC in dissatisfaction with the judgment of the court on the release of my wristwatches came up with other trumped up charges against me.

"On the 10th of January 2022, while I was at there office at Okotie Eboh to retrieve my wristwatches in compliance with the judgment of the court and immediately after collecting my wristwatches, they held me down at their office and charged me to court the following day on the frivolous charges.

I was arraigned before a familiar judge to the EFCC and in effect,I was given a very difficult bail to meet as a result of which I ended up spending over two months in prison custody while making efforts to meet the difficult bail.

"After several attempts to meet the bail conditions failed, I successfully applied for the bail conditions to be reduced which eventually led to my release.

Upon my release, I traveled outside Nigeria to check on the welfare and wellbeing of my family and returned to Nigeria shortly only for the EFCC Corrupt lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, rather than focus on the establishing his criminal case against me along with the EFCC operative Kaina Garba, chose to capitalize on the fact that I travelled to blackmail me into entering plea bargain with EFCC else he would inform the Judge I travelled and ensure my bail is revoked therefore making me have no choice than to dance to his tune.

I initially refused but after so much blackmail and intimidation by Rotimi Oyedepo, I succumbed and was told to pay N142 million naira to EFCC as compensation and also sign for a one year imprisonment sentence which I was uncomfortable with and they thereafter reduced it to N40 million naira and one year imprisonment.

When it became obvious to EFCC that I wasn’t going to sign the plea bargain and play to their game, they informed the Judge I travelled, without any concrete evidence and disregard.”

Speaking on being declared wanted, Mompha added, “Finally it was obvious entering the plea bargain with the EFCC, which they wanted to force me into at all cost, means I would be convicted for a crime I did not commit and therefore become an ex convict.

"And this is what EFCC set out to achieve with me to enable them generate more social media publicity hence the desperation in falsely declaring me wanted and misleading the public.

I want the general public to know I am not wanted by the EFCC but rather the court issued bench warrant for my production in court on the next court sitting.

I didn’t steal from anyone or involved in any money laundering. I still don’t know why EFCC are so jobless that they want to tarnish my image. last last na international court go settle this matter.”

https://punchng.com/mompha-accuses-efcc-of-blackmail-intimidation/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1659606638

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Judolisco(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
We know now, someone in your custody that you released twice... U are now declaring him wanted again... I won't say much but mompha go and pay your tax....how efcc go collect your wrist watch u come say make dem give u back

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Selling dope all my life I can’t do minimum wage (nah)

You can call the narcs, I ain’t quitting

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by psychologist(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Dollar done rise, Efcc done broke

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by superjaks(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Just come for your usual photoshoot Boss grin grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Akeem79(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Wotowoto beans loading

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by jeff1993: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Answer your call ..... Dem dey find u

If uake your money in a clean way, u gat nothing to be afraid of

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by DropsMic(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
I saw this somewhere on Facebook

-Who is more deadly among these three groups of people and who is the patriot

1. The politician who robs his own country to feed his greed
2. The Internet fraudster who robs foreigners and then bring the money into his country
3. The EFCC who only chases after internet fraudsters, never the politicians.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Jahblessings888(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by CalabarPikin: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
Like efcc don broke again.....
Them wan cash out small

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Maxymilliano(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
He should sue EFCC to court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Jennyclay(f): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
Sir, you're a thief, go and obey the clarion call of EFCC.

Criminal!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Lovenorth: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
EFCC should not give him a breathing space to talk rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Jibabs2(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
Just answer their call Oga

4 Likes

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by jrusky(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2022
Mompha if hushpoppy can be docked so what stops them docking you?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Bar1941(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2022
My friend go and explain yourself in their custody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Sancheez4(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2022
This guy still dey around.. EFCC never leave this guy matter since
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by New007: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2022
They're low on cash. Don't you get it?

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by 14kk: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2022
Vote Labour party and be obidient mompha and you will see your life changing for the best .
Vote LP
Vote PO

Am highly obidient
cheesy
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by MRDEE01: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Go and clear your name fess
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by AzuNas: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Alright. . . . . .Aje

I just want to ask,no sentiment.

How EFFC dey do der recruitment,most times d operatives na Hause dem dey be.

Dem no dey recruit other Nigerians.

Abeg

4 Likes

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by abobote: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Maybe you didn't settle them very well
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by dreu2fine(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by ShenTeh(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Ah.

All state security institutions continue to lose points because they resort to media trial as against forensic evidences that securely nail their suspects.

EFCC is too quick to go to press. Always.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by 989900: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Buhari na number 1 yahoo boy, they should arrest him too . . . Magu still collect promotion, those that stole government money and gave it to Mompha to launder are living free, or pardoned.

EFCC are worse than con men, the one near my old neighborhood don change cars worth ₦11m in 1 year on less than ₦400K/month salary.

About Mompha, you drew the attention, enjoy it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by BigDolph(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2022
Way to go. Jobless mofuckers
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by nony43(m): 11:18am On Aug 04, 2022
EFCC de mad. In fact they should scrap the nonsense agency they are cashing out ontop peoples head.
Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by BATified2023: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2022
This guy is the luckiest scammer I have ever seen,if hushpuppi was fortunate to b in Nigeria he would still b balling n even accusing efcc of blackmail n extortion

I pity that hishpuppi guy,see as mompha dey use efcc catch cruise

7 Likes

Re: Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation by Oseedu: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2022
Bursted again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Boy Who Kidnapped Traditional Ruler Arrested In Rivers State. Photos / EFCC Arraigns Man Over N4.5m Love Scam (Pictured) / Criminals Arrested By Osun Police & Charms Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.