Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 (36941 Views)

Ekweremadu To Leave PDP / PDP: Trouble Looms As Pressure Mounts On Ekweremadu To Quit - Vanguard / Ekweremadu To Nigerians: Remove Buhari Peacefully In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by casualobserver: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nigerians are funny people, some are saying you can’t get away with injustice in the Uk others are rejoicing because Ekweremadu made comments about Obi. However just like many slights against our country including the Twitter incidence or the current BBC taerrosism program saga, Nigerians fail to see the big picture.

There is something called diplomatic immunity. It is an insult to our nation and our sovereignty irrespective of the offense allegedly committed, that a member of parliament, talk less a former deputy senator is arrested and locked up for months. It is not done!!!!!!! I repeat it is not done!!!

A year or so ago the wife of an American diplomat killed someone with her car in the Uk….not the diplomat but the wife. She could not be charged because she enjoys diplomatic omatic immunity. She travelled back to the US without hinderance and refused to come back to the Uk or waive her immunity.

Be careful what you celebrate. Forget about the issue of human trafficking for now, under international law, Ekweremadu cannnot be arrested or tried unless he waived his immunity. If you celebrate what is happening to Ekweremadu, you are celebrating your own indignation. Why would any western country treat you with respect, when they abuse your leaders and you celebrate!!!!

It is against international law for a serving government official, talk less a parliamentarian traveling on a diplomatic passport to be arrested he 1st place….irrespective of the offense!!!!
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by frog12: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
he does not have diplomatic immunity. he is no longer the deputy senate president.
is he even still in the senate again?

casualobserver:
Nigerians are funny people, some are saying you can’t get away with injustice in the Uk others are rejoicing because Ekweremadu made comments about Obi. However just like many slights against our country including the Twitter incidence or the current BBC taerrosism program saga, Nigerians fail to see the big picture.

There is something called diplomatic immunity. It is an insult to our nation and our sovereignty irrespective of the offense allegedly committed, that a member of parliament, talk less a former deputy senator is arrested and locked up for months. It is not done!!!!!!! I repeat it is not done!!!

A year or so ago the wife of an American diplomat killed someone with her car in the Uk….not the diplomat but the wife. She could not be charged because she enjoys diplomatic omatic immunity. She travelled back to the US without hinderance and refused to come back to the Uk or waive her immunity.

Be careful what you celebrate. Forget about the issue of human trafficking for now, under international law, Ekweremadu cannnot be arrested or tried unless he waived his immunity. If you celebrate what is happening to Ekweremadu, you are celebrating your own indignation. Why would any western country treat you with respect, when they abuse your leaders and you celebrate!!!!

It is against international law for a serving government official, talk less a parliamentarian traveling on a diplomatic passport to be arrested he 1st place….irrespective of the offense!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Grandemperor(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
The 15-21-year old Nwamini of Ebonyi has now acquired and inherited the wrath of God & Humanity, notwithstanding.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Minjim: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
He should thank God it's not a beans eating prison
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by frog12: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
by the time oyinbos finish with am, all the MONEY he steal go don VANISH grin grin grin
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by barragan: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
Things parents do for their children!! This should serve as a lesson to all parents sha, don't break the law no matter the situation. I sincerely sympathize with the man!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by tolulope967: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ike is ready to pay millions of dollars rn just to be released but sadly UK nobi 9jaIke is ready to pay millions of dollars rn just to be released but sadly UK nobi 9ja...
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
ceragon123:

Igbos don't support evil! May we all reap what we sow.
what was his offense that Ikpeazu has not committed?
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by lovchalice(f): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
He is used to cutting corners all his life
He has forgotten how to think properly
DeLaRue:
Chai.

He clearly didn't think his actions through properly, perhaps due to his desperation to help his daughter.

I feel sorry for him. The humiliation. I can only imagine what the wife and children are going through.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by dontbothermuch: 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
GloriousGbola:

people are doing it in naija wella.

I was with some guys talking about this, and thats how i heard of some dude who sold his own for 5m and blew all the money in nightclubs.

Ekeremadu would have been done and dusted - though as a naija matter always risk of the surgery being botched.
Exactly, A dude with one kidney in a nightclub? Except the dude was only on soft drinks.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by casualobserver: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
frog12:
he does not have diplomatic immunity. he is no longer the deputy senate president.
is he even still in the senate again?

You are ignorant like many Nigerians. Every body traveling on a diplomatic passport has diplomatic immunity…that’s the point of a diplomatic passport. Secondly every senator or house of rep member has diplomatic immunity whether you are senate president or speaker or deputy or an ordinary senator or house of rep member.

Many of you are very ignorant!!!!

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by frog12: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
in nigeria only top nass officials get diplomatic passports. ekweremadu has not been the senate president for more than 4 years. i don't know if he still has that passport. every nass member can not have it.

COPY and PASTE person!!

casualobserver:

You are ignorant like many Nigerians. Every body traveling on a diplomatic passport has diplomatic immunity…that’s the point of a diplomatic passport. Secondly every senator or house of rep member has diplomatic immunity whether you are senate president or speaker or deputy or an ordinary senator or house of rep member.

Many of you are very ignorant!!!!
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Indispensable85(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chaiiiiiiiiiii.....
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by casualobserver: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
frog12:
in nigeria only top nass officials get diplomatic passports. ekweremadu has not been the senate president for more than 4 years. i don't know if he still has that passport. every nass member can not have it.

COPY and PASTE person!!

You are an ignorant fool!! My father was a top civil servant and he had a diplomatic passport!!!

Furthermore, while some govt officials like my father lose their diplomatic passports when they leave office , presidents, supreme court judges senate presidents, speakers and their deputies retain their diplomatic passports for life!!!!!

Besides, it is clearly states that Ekweremadu was traveling on a diplomatic passport!!!!

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by adekolaelect(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
The serconstancese of his Issue need sympathy while who is he like other politicians in Nigeria need no pity .may God direct him in a proper way Sha ......
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by abbey621(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
cochexky:

Sorry with do respect, you are not making a reasonable point. I think you are his family member, go and study the law of Karma!

Also, don't do bad and feel the bad will not follow u and ur family.

And if you support this, then may they use ur child for ritual.

I rest my case.

With all due respect, save the emotional bullshit.....If you trained your child well he or she wouldn't be so desperate for money or benefits by selling his or her organs. If you do not understand this then you're wasting your time arguing on social media.

Your emotional sentiments don't even realize organ donation for benefits is a legit thing done both home and abroad, there's no ritual in it, it is strictly a business deal just like surrogacy or blood donation. Spare me your jargon and shift!
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Druss(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
I don't really care about diplomatic passport neither do I care about whether we are spreading dirty linen. The people in Nigeria have suffered from these beings who loot us and go spend the wealth in areas where the common Nigerian can't access. These looters would have had the opportunity to provide us with such facilities in the country but because they want us under their feet, they would rather loot it or spend it on something else. For me if a country likes, let them arrest the President, VP etc - the common Nigerian has suffered. And yes I know the civil service is also full of looters but the buck stops with the leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Druss(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
abbey621:

With all due respect, save the emotional bullshit.....If you trained your child well he or she wouldn't be so desperate for money or benefits by selling his or her organs. If you do not understand this then you're wasting your time arguing on social media.

Your emotional sentiments don't even realize organ donation for benefits is a legit thing done both home and abroad, there's no ritual in it, it is strictly a business deal just like surrogacy or blood donation. Spare me your jargon and shift!

Me thinks you need to go read on the UKs stance on organ for benefits. There is a strong no no against it.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by pharmaking: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
Only BAT can negotiate Ekweremadu's way out of that jail when he becomes President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Freebills12: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Ndimkpurummiri:
Sorry Ika Ikweremadu
Your people truly disappoint you
They declared you guilty before hearing by the competent court
In your next life pray that you will never find yourself among Africa Jews

Thank God you are not one of them.... The African Jews because you are a disgrace to humanity. If Ekweremmadu who has been in seat of governance for more than 24 years can't build a magnificent hospital, I mean only one hospital, then they are right to drag him to the mud.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by PenSniper: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Sharp..

Tinubu should follow suit..and please he should be imprisoned in a cell in the eastern region

Pandora box
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by northbird: 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ogbuu101:

Not a fan of Ekweremadu, but he attracted lots of roads to his constituency in Enugu state and even extended it to Uburu(where Ogbonnaya Onu and Dave Umahi come from)in Ebonyi state.

Did he do the projects with his money? The roads were built with the common wealth of Nigeria. He has not done anything out of place.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by GodsOwnMan: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2022
eboes cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by abbey621(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Druss:

Me thinks you need to go read on the UKs stance on organ for benefits. There is a strong no no against it.

Read the comment I posted before replying to this, I clearly stated his only crime was not knowing U.K laws for organ transplants/donations. All these people shouting ritual or organ trafficking assume a full grown man was forced to part ways with his organ. This wouldn't even be an issue if he went through the proper channels and did not offer any monetary compensation.
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
clarocuzioo:
If only Ekweremadu has built a world class hospital with his constituency funds.

If only one of the Ekweremadu's donated a kidney to their ailing sibling and daughter,

IKE EKWEREMADU won't be in this mess.

A sad lesson for him and other politicans.

Can you give any of your siblings one of your kidneys?

Let God not let that kind of thing befall you, you will see how most of your family members will refuse to give you even if theirs matches yours
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Temptee101(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Sorry Ika Ikweremadu
Your people truly disappoint you
They declared you guilty before hearing by the competent court
In your next life pray that you will never find yourself among Africa Jews

Hahahahaha. Crying more than the bereaved.

We are more focused on removing this evil govt and installing a people oriented govt.

"A sick man cannot govern a sick country" - Bishop Oyedepo

"You cannot buy delegates and still govern well if elected " - Baba Datti

"If ye be willing and Obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" - Isaiah 1:19

Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by richeeyo(m): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
sotall:
Damn!

What parents go through for their children
Idiot if it was a yoruba man, I know what you do say
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by MoneyMustBMade(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
That's what fit Nigerian politicians since they don't want to fix thier home

Corruption have dealth with them
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Temptee101(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
If it was in Nigeria, the Nigerian court would have used one big grammar to grant him bail, afterwhich he flys out of the country and that would be the end of the matter.

God bless UK.

Vote Peter Obi
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by mecuries(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
clarocuzioo:
If only Ekweremadu has built a world class hospital with his constituency funds.

If only one of the Ekweremadu's donated a kidney to their ailing sibling and daughter,

IKE EKWEREMADU won't be in this mess.

A sad lesson for him and other politicans.
If only....
Re: Ekweremadu To Remain In Prison Untill October 31 by Funflipper: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
sotall:
Damn!

What parents go through for their children

Only evil parents find themselves in prison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Arewa Youths / Adamawa Governor Elect, Fintiri Visit Governor Wike - Photos / Yahaya Bello Meets Nwankwo Kanu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.