Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Should Women Lose Their Individuality In Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Lose Their Individuality In Marriage? (4925 Views)

Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Should Women Do Hard Work? / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Should Women Lose Their Individuality In Marriage? by minute(f): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
Sadly it happens, but they shouldn't.

If you love someone enough to marry them,you should love them  for

BEING them, not for the "potential" they have to be someone or something

else. The only men who encourage this kind of behaviour are weak, self-centered

jerks, who can't control their own lives, so they feel the need to control something

. . . . namely their wives.

They convince their wives it's them that need to change,and gradually it happens

little by little, until she's what he wants her to be,and most of the time, the woman

doesn't even realize it's happening until it's gone too far.

My neighbour's wife ended up this way,and has two children with him, so she doesn't want

to leave because of the kids, it's a horrible and senseless situation . . . . and quite frankly

. . . . . . its bullsh*t.

If you can't be strong enough to support the other person in the  relationship as an individual,

and respect that . . . and work together . . . then don't be in a relationship, it's that simple.

Women shouldn't have to be led to believe  they have to "obey" a man . . . last time i

checked,this wasn't that kind of society. Women should realize, they are capable and strong, and

can do things on their own without a dominating man to bring them down, and force them to be

something they aren't . . . l just wish some of them, like my friend, were able to see it . . .and not

be scared of not being able to make it on her own, because some weak little man has her intimidated

of the "big bad world" . . . I personally , would like to kick his balls in. But hey, that's just my opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Convo Between A Son And His Mum On Whatsapp Last Night / Her Husband Called Me And Said I Should Go Ahead And Do It / Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.