Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? (3593 Views)

Nigerian Girls And Desperation's Of Money / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / Desperation Of Some Single Ladies( Hilarious Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by BABE3: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
When men attempt bold gestures, generally it's considered romantic.

When women do it, it's often considered desperate or psycho.

Why is that? Discuss? smiley

Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
No ma its not gender. Women are more gullible and susceptible than men, hence any nasty joke could be mistaken for something else. Its better for them not to
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
Because men let their bullshit egos get in the way if a woman decides she wants to be more vocal about what she wants. Most societies raise women and men to believe that women should be passive in that sort of thing so when a woman does the opposite, it is labeled as desperation.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Brite02(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^Yeah right undecided undecided
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2011
Still maintain my stance. Women deserves the name calling cos of gullibility. Eve ate the apple first n persuaded Adam to follow suit. When a woman goes first, men should think thrice n not twice
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^^
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
because women are expected to be sweet, submissive and gentle.

nigerian women, that is.

with any other women, its ok to be bold and make moves.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
toba:

Still maintain my stance. Women deserves the name calling cos of gullibility. Eve ate the apple first n persuaded Adam to follow suit. When a woman goes first, men should think thrice n not twice

lol, so the women put a gun to his head or a knife to his throat and forced him to eat abi? He didn't have mind of his own abi? She forced him and he had no choice abi? It was all Eve's doing abi? Abeg, take your fairy tales explanation elsewhere. Typical!!! When in doubt, blame a woman for your downfalls.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Brite02(m): 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
:-x :-x
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
Madam, its waywardness or desperation. What does the bible tell us about woman n their roles?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2011
toba:

Madam, its waywardness or desperation. What does the bible tell us about woman n their roles?

It tells us that a lot of you men like to use it as a means of oppressing women, that's what it tell us. Happy now? For women you call it waywardness and men you turn the other cheek. How wonderful!
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2011
Kai thou shall not misquote the bible nkiruka. Women are supposed to play second fiddle and supporting role. U weren't told to lead
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
toba:

Kai thou shall not misquote the bible nkiruka. Women are supposed to play second fiddle and supporting role. U weren't told to lead

Ehhhhh, I wasn't told to lead? Who told you? You were told that you HAD to eat that fruit but it didn't stop your brethren Adam from doing it. I didn't misquote anything. I simplified what you refuse to acknowledge.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Women mustnt say i loff u to a guy first. If u dnt believe, then u toast me and see if i would say yes or no
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Brite02(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2011
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
toba:

Women mustnt say i loff u to a guy first. If u dnt believe, then u toast me and see if i would say yes or no

Me trying to toast you won't prove anything because now that this discussion has steered into the direction it is in, you'll say just about anything in order to prove your point, so no I will not toast you. Smh, I can't even believe you thought of that as a way for you to get your point across.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by BABE3: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
Mr toba, I hope all the comments you've made on this thread are JOKES--
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
double standards, everyone's affected in one way or the other
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
BABE why are u calling me mr? Im mrs. Ok?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
All that CRAP about Women Playing Second fiddle or what is that grammer people have been writing, is only applicable WHEN SHE GETS MARRIED TO A MAN! No be only you dey read BIBLE for here, abi your own different? Wetin concern EVE for this matter? If you arent MARRIED, YOU DONT come under the law of ANY MAN! You are free to do whatever you want as long as it's within the boundaries of MORALITY!
Whoever terms any woman DESPERATE, just because she saw a GUY she LIKES and approaches him, can as well WAKE UP and understand that the TRAIN HAS LEFT THE DAMN STATION! PREPOSTEROUS!!!  undecided The reason for this misconception in my opinion lies in the fact that Most men/women misquote, and thereby mis-apply that saying that a MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN! So they just sit and expect the MAN to do all the "JOB"! When they are in fact dying silently inside! Oh! So if i'm sitting jejely on my own and a girl i've been having a crush on, approaches me and asks me out, that i should allow my f.oolish pride to make me reject her offer? Just because am a M[i]AN[/i]? And i should be the one to approach her? LMAO! Abegi make una yarn better! THIS IS 2011, NEXT YEAR IS 2012, We are PROGRESSING and not REGRESSING! I DONT and WILL NEVER view such moves by any woman to be desperate! cool
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
you  really correct, op,
i guess thats how some women do persieve themselves which give room to label them such
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by BABE3: 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
sexkillz:

All that CRAP about Women Playing Second fiddle or what is that grammer people have been writing is only applicable WHEN SHE GETS MARRIED TO A MAN! No be only you dey read BIBLE for here abi your own different? Wetin concern EVE for this matter? If you arent MARRIED, YOU DONT come under the law ANY MAN! You are free to do whatever you want as long as it's within the boundaries of MORALITY!
Whoever terms any woman DESPERATE just because she saw a GUY she LIKES and approaches him can as well WAKE UP and understand that the TRAIN HAS LEFT THE DAMN STATION! PREPOSTEROUS!!! The reason for this misconception in my opinion lies in the fact that Most men/women misquote and thereby mis-apply that saying that a MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN! So they just sit and expect the MAN to do all the "JOB"! When they are dying silently inside! Oh! So if i'm sitting jejely on my own and a girl i've been having a crush on, approaches me and asks me out, that i should allow my f.oolish pride to make me reject her offer? Just because am a MAN? And i should be the one to approach her? LMAO! Abeg make una yarn better! THIS IS 2011, NEXT YEAR IS 2012, We are PROGRESSING and not REGRESSING! I DONT and WILL NEVER view such moves by any woman to be desperate! cool

This is the first sensible post I've seen from you, Sexzkills.  undecided Slap yourself. Clap for yourself.   grin

I was going to answer my question but you've basically said what I had to say.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
SORRY O! Mr BIBLE! What of those ladies that are ATHEISTS? That dont believe Poo about what the BIBLE SAYS? Which LAW GUIDES THEM? Or in INDIA, where in most cultures WOMEN pay the MANS BRIDE PRICE? undecided
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2011
sexkillz:

SORRY O! Mr BIBLE! What of those ladies that are ATHEISTS? That dont believe Poo about what the BIBLE SAYS? Which LAW GUIDES THEM? Or in INDIA, where in most cultures WOMEN pay the MANS BRIDE PRICE? undecided
all those pple still believe that man is higher than woman.  grin

for your first post;you are correct but i think the case is women s fault atimes,  when an 'a' woman sees a 'b' woman try toasting a guy, they gosip it as desperate, you see.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
Bookmarked
BABE!:

This is the first sensible post I've seen from you, Sexzkills.  undecided Slap yourself. Clap for yourself.   grin

I was going to answer my question but you've basically said what I had to say.

Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by r231(m): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
tpia@:

because women are expected to be sweet, submissive and gentle.

nigerian women, that is.

with any other women, its ok to be bold and make moves.

every woman

it doesn't matter if you from Abidjan or Togo
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
I believe in equal rights for everyone male or female. So each is free to do what they want as long as they don't come against my rights
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
sexkillz:

All that CRAP about Women Playing Second fiddle or what is that grammer people have been writing is only applicable WHEN SHE GETS MARRIED TO A MAN! No be only you dey read BIBLE for here abi your own different? Wetin concern EVE for this matter? If you arent MARRIED, YOU DONT come under the law ANY MAN! You are free to do whatever you want as long as it's within the boundaries of MORALITY!
Whoever terms any woman DESPERATE just because she saw a GUY she LIKES and approaches him can as well WAKE UP and understand that the TRAIN HAS LEFT THE DAMN STATION! PREPOSTEROUS!!! The reason for this misconception in my opinion lies in the fact that Most men/women misquote and thereby mis-apply that saying that a MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN! So they just sit and expect the MAN to do all the "JOB"! When they are dying silently inside! Oh! So if i'm sitting jejely on my own and a girl i've been having a crush on, approaches me and asks me out, that i should allow my f.oolish pride to make me reject her offer? Just because am a MAN? And i should be the one to approach her? LMAO! Abeg make una yarn better! THIS IS 2011, NEXT YEAR IS 2012, We are PROGRESSING and not REGRESSING! I DONT and WILL NEVER view such moves by any woman to be desperate! cool

Preach!!!
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Goldieluks: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
sexkillz:

Your sounded very sensible here. cool
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by claremont(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
sexkillz:

SORRY O! Mr BIBLE! [b]What of those ladies that are ATHEISTS? That dont believe Poo about what the BIBLE SAYS? Which LAW GUIDES THEM? [/b]Or in INDIA, where in most cultures WOMEN pay the MANS BRIDE PRICE? undecided
Good points as usual! It's shocking that in this day and age, people would rather choose to continue thinking with a "cave mentality". How else can a human being living in a civilised society still continue to believe that a woman should be subjugated to a man?! It speaks volumes on how archaic the minds of some supposedly educated people are.

@OP: I am a firm believer of the equality of the sexes. I don't see any reason whatsoever why a woman cannot do the exact same tasks a man can do; and when this is narrowed down to the "art of dating", I believe totally that there is nothing wrong with ladies making the first move for what they want. The western climes have long since passed this stage of thinking, most European ladies are very direct in their approach.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Goldieluks: 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
Wake up NIGERIA MEN!!!

Stop viewing the world from your toilet window,this is the jet age,and not the stone age.
As a man has the right to express his thoughts to a woman,so is a woman.its a two way
affair,and that doesn't mean she's desperate.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
Well said

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Its Complicated And Funny!!! What Should I Do?? / Viral Video Shows Couple Having Sex In A Retail Store’s Fitting Room. Photos... / Lady In Bikini Was Seen Her Shaving Legs On The Back Of A Motorbike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.