Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? (3591 Views)

Nigerian Girls And Desperation's Of Money / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / Desperation Of Some Single Ladies( Hilarious Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nipeks(m): 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Inked_Red, your arguments are all Fallacy and self contradicting. Why shouldn't a girl woo a guy if they have equal rights?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 12:30am On Aug 03, 2011
Nipeks:

@Inked_Red, your arguments are all Fallacy and self contradicting. Why shouldn't a girl woo a guy if they have equal rights?

Now when did you see me say that a woman shouldn't woo a guy? Since your so keen on telling me that my arguments are false, why don't you take the time to explain and show me where I stated that women shouldn't woo men.

Goldieluks:

Wake up NIGERIA MEN!!!

Stop viewing the world from your toilet window,this is the jet age,and not the stone age.
As a man has the right to express his thoughts to a woman,so is a woman.its a two way
affair,and that doesn't mean she's desperate.

It's not just waking up--they need to come out of their caves!!
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

It's not just waking up--they need to come out of their caves!!

I'm out of my cave ALREADY! cool
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 1:52am On Aug 03, 2011
sexkillz:

Ok, good. To celebrate how about I take you out on a romantic date? wink
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 03, 2011
Goldieluks:

Wake up NIGERIA MEN!!!

Stop viewing the world from your toilet window,this is the jet age,and not the stone age.
As a man has the right to express his thoughts to a woman,so is a woman.its a two way
affair,and that doesn't mean she's desperate.
why the nigerian men
did the op said the nigeria men
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by MrsChima(f): 5:55am On Aug 03, 2011
Somebody said it best, it is the MALE EGO that is fucking up the relationship world between women and men.

A man can poke his NODDLE in anything circle and get accolades BUT a woman. It is a different ball game and she is the ho. SMH.

Nothing sexy about a man on this SITE begging women to give him some attention and then bitch at the rest of the chatters because his EGO was bruised. I won't mention any names. lipsrsealed
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 03, 2011
Ok, good. To celebrate how about I take you out on a romantic date?

I'm open to the Dinner! Nothing do ME! smiley. . . . . . As long as you cater for the BILLS too! wink
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2011
^^^
Sharp guy. Spelling out the rules before the games start
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by horny4u(f): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2011
DO NOT TOAST A MAN YOU WANT TO MARRY

DO NOT TELL A MAN YOU LOVE HIM UNTIL HE TELLS YOU

DO NOT SPEND ENDLESS TIME COMPARING HIM TO YOUR MILLS AND BOON HERO

LEARN THE ART OF HARD TO GET ,MEN ONLY LOVE WHAT THEY WORKED HARD FOR.

FINALLY 21ST CENTURY FOR ONE NIGHT STAND , FOR LONG TERM PLEASE SEE YOUR GRANDMA ON HOW SHE CENSORED GRANDPA,

BE RESPECTFUL TO A MAN YOU WANT BUT BE VERY MYSTERIOUS AND TALK LESS AROUND HIM , LET HIM DO THE

TALKING AND CHASING.

DO NOT CALL HIM OR TEXT HIM OR GIFT HIM OR TALK MARRIAGE

FINALLY DO NOT KEEP YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET ( do not confuse with having multiple sex partners but do have multiple dating partners)

THE TRUTH IS THE BIOLOGICAL MAKE UP OF EITHER MEN OR WOMEN HAVE not CHANGED

BE WISE

sexkillz:

[/font]
[font=segoe print]I'm open to the Dinner! Nothing do ME! smiley. . . . . .  As long as you cater for the BILLS too! wink

Pls lets pay attention when men speak, you toast me thats fine but you pay the bill, you inititate sex, you pay for the wedding rings, you pay the school fees, you toast me so you take the responsibility of a man and soon as i find the babe i toast and like the role will reverse to me taking care of her and you gonna be singing after all i did fo him  shocked shocked

sexkillz:

Men will always retreat to their cave no matter how modern without the cave they will not be masculine.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by holydante(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2011
horny4u:

FINALLY 21ST CENTURY FOR ONE NIGHT STAND , FOR LONG TERM PLEASE SEE YOUR GRANDMA ON HOW SHE CENSORED GRANDPA,

BE RESPECTFUL TO A MAN YOU WANT BUT BE VERY MYSTERIOUS AND TALK LESS AROUND HIM , LET HIM DO THE

TALKING AND CHASING.

FINALLY DO NOT KEEP YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET ( do not confuse with having multiple sex partners but do have multiple dating partners)

BE WISE
I patiently was wooing a close-to-30ish yr old lady for possible life companionship and had several donkey months of tons of crap response and telling me she is praying etc etc, she co-incidentally carried out everything you said above to the latter; now a more focused, outspoken and successful younger person (5 yrs her junior) came on board and pronto we hit off; now she is all over pleading, depressed and eager for us to be. surely i have distanced myself.

My take on it is that as much as i believe that women should wait around for the HE to surface, they should not act by the book because there are no hard and fast rules to it. You might get your fingers burnt
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by suprted(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2011
Hmm, on the other hand you feel girls get away with a lot.

Some of the behaviour that in a guy would be considered and psycho would be seen as romantic or cute in a woman.

That said, mere asking out on a date? There is nothing wrong with that. I would respect a woman who decided not to restrict herself to outdated norms a d actually find it a bit of a turn on.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
horny4u:

TALKING AND CHASING.

BE WISE

Pls lets pay attention when men speak, you toast me thats fine but you pay the bill, you inititate sex, you pay for the wedding rings, you pay the school fees, you toast me so you take the responsibility of a man and soon as i find the babe i toast and like the role will reverse to me taking care of her and you gonna be singing after all i did fo him  shocked shocked

Men will always retreat to their cave no matter how modern without the cave they will not be masculine.

LMAO! I guess some WOMEN Need to come out of their CAVES too! grin grin W T  F! These are NO POINTS AT ALL! undecided Can you specifically give me reasons for all the sentences in the BOLD? Are you speaking from a NEUTRAL ANGLE or is this coming from someone whose heart has been broken before? Different strokes for different folks! You mainly outlined possible fallouts of women approaching men! But you really have to agree with me that the reverse case scenario is sometimes the same! The TOPIC only wants to find out what is"BEHIND THE STIGMA OF WOMEN APPROACHING MEN"!
So a lady asking a guy out on a date and willing to pay the bills is WRONG?? Or did i miss that? grin grin
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by chibaby5(f): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2011
It all stems from the general norm n the Bible view of Man finding the Woman. When itz da oda way round, the woman is seen as desperate/etc.
The argument most ppl use in dat case is the fact dat tymz hve changed. Well tymz CAN change but da word of God( Bible) neva changes
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ holydante

i guess it just wasnt meant to be.

In the future, hopefully the first lady will understand this.

I dont think a relationship with her would have worked out. Her initial hesitation was probably based on intuition or even just non-conviction, and typically its never even advisable for a woman to marry someone who had to jump through hoops to court her. You wear the guy out and sometimes he doesnt value the relationship anymore by the time he finally does get you.

So, i think whatever decision you both took, while it might be hurtful to her now, might work out to both your advantages eventually.

She's in panic mode- that's why she's begging you, but she should just pray for her own guy to come along.

My opinion.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by kpolli(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2011
BABE, its a lie jo. . .

Have u ever confronted me n i said its a sign of desperation?
not all men r the same, dont generalize
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by BABE3: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
kpolli:

BABE, its a lie jo. . .

Have u ever confronted me n i said its a sign of desperation?
not all men r the same, dont generalize

Omo to Shan, na true I talk o.

I'm generalizing? Ok, Agreed. I'll start toasting you guys on NL from this moment on.
wink
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2011
^They love that.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by BABE3: 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^ lol--
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm open to the Dinner! Nothing do ME! smiley. . . . . .  As long as you cater for the BILLS too! wink

Of course I can cater to the bill. I initiated the date, therefore I should pay.

chi-baby:

It all stems from the general norm n the Bible view of Man finding the Woman. When itz da oda way round, the woman is seen as desperate/etc.
The argument most ppl use in dat case is the fact dat tymz hve changed. Well tymz CAN change but da word of God( Bible) neva changes

Why is it that everyone here seems to enjoy imposing their religious views on others? Believe it or not, there are actually good people in this world who are NOT Christian and don't follow this whole male dominance that you all assert with the Bible and other Judeo-Christians notion. Before you tell me that there are other non Judeo-Christian religions, I'm well aware.

sexkillz:

LMAO! I guess some WOMEN Need to come out of their CAVES too! grin grin W T  F! These are NO POINTS AT ALL! undecided Can you specifically give me reasons for all the sentences in the BOLD? Are you speaking from a NEUTRAL ANGLE or is this coming from someone whose heart has been broken before? Different strokes for different folks! You mainly outlined possible fallouts of women approaching men! But you really have to agree with me that the reverse case scenario is sometimes the same! The TOPIC only wants to find out what is"BEHIND THE STIGMA OF WOMEN APPROACHING MEN"!
So a lady asking a guy out on a date and willing to pay the bills is WRONG?? Or did i miss that?  grin grin

Women in caves?!?! Ha, some of them are living in holes, not caves.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Of course I can cater to the bill. I initiated the date, therefore I should pay.[/size]
Adara fun e. . . . . cheesy
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by InkedNerd(f): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
sexkillz:

Adara fun e. . . . . cheesy

Hehehe, you wanna go on a date too? wink
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2011
Site admin

any explanation why uchkochi remains banned?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Hehehe, you wanna go on a date too? wink[/size]
Cant believe you are still asking! grin
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^
Why do I get the feeling that It's gonna be a bad idea?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^Why would you think so?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^
Just a feeling.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by chibaby5(f): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Why is it that everyone here seems to enjoy imposing their religious views on others? Believe it or not, there are actually good people in this world who are NOT Christian and don't follow this whole male dominance that you all assert with the Bible and other Judeo-Christians notion. Before you tell me that there are other non Judeo-Christian religions, I'm well aware.

I dnt knw abwt everyone here but I aint imposing my religious views on no1. Jus stated where IMO I think da whole idea is formulated.
Secondly, I dnt get wat point u tryna make sweetheart undecided
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^
No body says you are but quoting the Bible makes it seem so
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
makes what seem what.

we'll soon be treated to truckloads of crap from the complaining poster in question,  about how heterosexuals are all homosexuals waiting to come out of the closet.

if that's not imposing your religion on others then i dont know what is.

d.aft spammer and fakeazz pretender.
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by chibaby5(f): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
No body says you are but quoting the Bible makes it seem so

Poster asked a question and i gave possible reasons why society sees women goin after men as desperate.
How does dat equall imposition ?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2011
It is when you quote from a religious book. How are you sure everybody/anybody here believes in your religion?
Re: Diff. Between Romance And Desperation = Gender? by tpia5: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^if you dont believe in her religion, and so what?

please stop defending s.tupidity and witchcraft unless yall know each other offline.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Guys:never Ask Her This/that / 5 Reasons Every Man Should Sleep without Putting on Cloth / How Do We Make Bae Propose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.